Cato Commies

⁹⁹⁹√ulcan

Jan 14, 2021, 1:27:31 PM1/14/21
Is Donald Trump’s expulsion from Twitter an attack on free speech? A
great many Republicans are saying so. You certainly can call it
‘deplatforming’: when you lose your speaking invite, your social media
posting rights or your book deal. Josh Hawley, a Republican Senator, has
claimed that his First Amendment rights were violated by Simon &
Schuster when they decided not to publish his book. It’s a problematic
definition, since it means that Simon & Schuster are also violating my
free speech by not publishing my books. And in fact, the rights of most
aspiring authors on the planet.

But of course, the First Amendment expressly refers to laws made by
Congress abridging the freedom of speech. It stops the government from
punishing people for their opinions. It does not mean that Simon &
Schuster or Twitter ... has an obligation to publish them. And that’s
how free speech has usually been seen in the Western Enlightenment
tradition, as one of our human rights that are upheld when we abstain
from interfering in the lives of others.

Think of it as a distinction between negative rights (that grant you
liberty, and prevent you from encroachment) and positive rights (things
you are entitled to access). ...

The right to free speech is a negative right. It guarantees you the
right to be left alone, to speak your mind. But it does not give others
an obligation to lend you their printing press. ...

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/donald-trump-limits-free-speech

⁹⁹⁹√ulcan

Jan 14, 2021, 1:28:40 PM1/14/21
для тех кто не знает, кто такие Cato

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cato_Institute

The Cato Institute is an American libertarian think tank headquartered
in Washington, D.C. It was founded as the Charles Koch Foundation in 1974

Данилов

Jan 14, 2021, 1:54:28 PM1/14/21
14.01.2021 21:27, ⁹⁹⁹√ulcan пишет:
Да, не давать печатный станок, да еще сговориться и угробить Парлер -
вот настоящая американская свобода слова. И эти люди запрещали нам
ковыряться в носу.

⁹⁹⁹√ulcan

Jan 14, 2021, 2:00:33 PM1/14/21
я вам ничего не запрещал
ковыряйтесь где хотите

Данилов

Jan 14, 2021, 2:12:55 PM1/14/21
14.01.2021 22:00, ⁹⁹⁹√ulcan пишет:
Ты-то тут при чем, маленький, никчемный глобалистик!

⁹⁹⁹√ulcan

Jan 14, 2021, 2:14:35 PM1/14/21
ковыряйся глубже, не отвлекайся

Данилов

Jan 14, 2021, 3:04:44 PM1/14/21
14.01.2021 22:14, ⁹⁹⁹√ulcan пишет:
Каждому свое. Мы у себя в носу, ты у БЛМ в заднице.

⁹⁹⁹√ulcan

Jan 14, 2021, 3:22:19 PM1/14/21
Так это у вас нос такой?

https://www.anekdot.ru/id/214806/