Comparing Apples to Oranges

Данилов

May 3, 2020, 2:39:37 AM5/3/20
President Donald Trump held a briefing at the White House to reassure
people that there was little chance of the virus causing significant
disruption in the United States.

“I want you to understand something that shocked me when I saw it,” he
said. “The flu, in our country, kills from 25,000 people to 69,000
people a year. That was shocking to me.”

His point was to suggest that the coronavirus was no worse than the flu,
whose toll of deaths most of us apparently barely noticed.

I decided to call colleagues around the country who work in other
emergency departments and in intensive care units to ask a simple
question: how many patients could they remember dying from the flu? Most
of the physicians I surveyed couldn’t remember a single one over their
careers. Some said they recalled a few. All of them seemed to be having
the same light bulb moment I had already experienced: For too long, we
have blindly accepted a statistic that does not match our clinical
experience.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/comparing-covid-19-deaths-to-flu-deaths-is-like-comparing-apples-to-oranges/?fbclid=IwAR0FlEfP_27iuWZi6RO-se1I3nG8PPJ_tqDDKofKumEQSVraIg25kypiuqw

whoishac...@gmail.com

May 3, 2020, 2:44:35 AM5/3/20
Bad quote, there is nothing about covid 19 in it. Try again.

Andrew

Данилов

May 3, 2020, 2:53:46 AM5/3/20
03.05.2020 9:44, whoishac...@gmail.com пишет:
> Bad quote, there is nothing about covid 19 in it. Try again.
>
> Andrew

Андрюха, а почему ты решил, что это о ковиде?

whoishac...@gmail.com

May 3, 2020, 3:02:33 AM5/3/20
> Андрюха, а почему ты решил, что это о ковиде?

Title and covid in link. You need to pay attention to details.

Andrew

Данилов

May 3, 2020, 5:11:13 AM5/3/20
03.05.2020 10:02, whoishac...@gmail.com пишет:
>> Андрюха, а почему ты решил, что это о ковиде?
>
> Title and covid in link. You need to pay attention to details.
>
> Andrew

О! Андрюха, ты не такой дурак, как кажешься. Сразу просек о чем тут речь
идет.