Spатник

⁹⁹⁹√ulcаn

Nov 15, 2021, 6:52:23 AM11/15/21
“The Rise and Fall of Sputnik V”
How the Kremlin used the coronavirus vaccine as a tool of information
warfare

https://imrussia.org/en/news/3358-the-rise-and-fall-of-sputnik-v%E2%80%94a-new-report-by-imr

This report, the first in a new series by the Institute of Modern Russia
(“The Kremlin complex: strengths and weaknesses of the Putin regime”),
examines the Russian government’s information strategies to promote
Sputnik V. These strategies are analyzed in the framework of information
warfare (the so-called “discursive Cold War”), in which the Kremlin
presents itself as a victim of Western aggression. In recent years,
Russian disinformation campaigns have come to be regarded in the West as
a threat not only to national security, but to the very foundations of
democratic states, while the Kremlin’s propaganda machine is perceived
as a powerful weapon employed by the Putin regime—one of its strengths.
In turn, the Putin regime, which heavily relies on the projection of
power, only welcomes such an assessment. In practice, however, this
“weapon” is far less hard-hitting, and the story of the Sputnik V
promotion showcases the regime’s actual strengths and weaknesses.

Key takeaways:

- Promoting Sputnik V internationally, rather than vaccinating Russians
domestically, was the Kremlin’s top priority.

- Sputnik V was used by the Kremlin as a tool of information warfare
against the West and as a product with which the Putin regime sought to
increase geopolitical influence and gain financial benefits.

- Sputnik V’s early registration was not a strategic miscalculation, but
rather a typical “two-mover” (dvukhhodovka) of the Kremlin: first,
shocking the world with the premature vaccine registration, provoking
criticism and posing as a victim of Western Russophobia, then using the
positive review in The Lancet as a means of validation and to score
geopolitical points against the West.

- By betting on the “discursive Cold War” with the West, the Kremlin has
achieved some success: drew global attention, proved Sputnik V’s
effectiveness and safety, made agreements with dozens of countries to
supply the Russian vaccine.

- However, the Putin regime failed on mass vaccination at home: the
government’s effort turned out ineffective, and state propaganda, which
promoted conspiracy theories and scary side effects of Western vaccines,
backfired by contributing to the already high vaccination hesitancy in
Russia.

- Despite the victorious rhetoric of its propaganda narratives, the
Kremlin has lost the race for influence. The irony is that Sputnik V
could have been promoted on merit—for its safety, efficiency, affordable
price, ease of transportation. If the Kremlin had followed international
protocols and not rushed to register the vaccine, Russia would have
finished the vaccine race, if not the first, then among the first. At
the same time, it could have genuinely impressed the world with its
scientific achievements and gained trust for years to come. Instead, the
Kremlin opted for a high-profile PR stunt that sparked fierce
controversy and irreversibly undermined confidence in the Russian vaccine.

Russia remains a land of paradoxes, and its behavior is notoriously
difficult to explain and predict. Our analysis tracks the “binary
optics” of the Putin regime that present Russia as both a great power
and a victim of Western aggression. This model can be defined as
“political narcissism”—a “diagnosis” that explains the country’s dualism
of grandeur and victimhood. In practice, this means that establishing a
constructive dialogue with the Putin regime remains a futile effort for
the West. However, given Russia’s integration into the global economy
and international affairs, cutting ties with it is impossible. The Putin
regime is a challenge for the West, but the key issues are located in
the political and communication realms. Solving them requires a better
understanding of the regime’s dual nature and the belief system that
underlies its behavior.

Const

Nov 15, 2021, 8:25:34 PM11/15/21
???√ulcаn <99...@russian.z1> wrote:
> democratic states, while the Kremlin?s propaganda machine is perceived
> as a powerful weapon employed by the Putin regime?one of its strengths.

Ну.
Когда RT говорит правду, а CNN врет - это, безусловно,
страшная вещь.

> - Promoting Sputnik V internationally, rather than vaccinating Russians
> domestically, was the Kremlin?s top priority.

Чушь собачья.

> - Sputnik V was used by the Kremlin as a tool of information warfare
> against the West and as a product with which the Putin regime sought to
> increase geopolitical influence and gain financial benefits.

Разумеется, хотели и хотят продавать.
Чего ж тут неправильного ?

> - By betting on the ?discursive Cold War? with the West, the Kremlin has
> achieved some success: drew global attention, proved Sputnik V?s
> effectiveness and safety, made agreements with dozens of countries to
> supply the Russian vaccine.

Ай, какое горе.
Поставили хорошую (относительно) вакцину тем, кто всё
равно бы не стал бы покупать дорогие западные.

> - However, the Putin regime failed on mass vaccination at home: the
> government?s effort turned out ineffective, and state propaganda, which
> promoted conspiracy theories and scary side effects of Western vaccines,
> backfired by contributing to the already high vaccination hesitancy in
> Russia.

А вот это попросту дикое и наглое вранье.

> could have been promoted on merit?for its safety, efficiency, affordable
> price, ease of transportation. If the Kremlin had followed international
> protocols and not rushed to register the vaccine, Russia would have
> finished the vaccine race, if not the first, then among the first. At
> the same time, it could have genuinely impressed the world with its
> scientific achievements and gained trust for years to come. Instead, the
> Kremlin opted for a high-profile PR stunt that sparked fierce
> controversy and irreversibly undermined confidence in the Russian vaccine.

Да это вот тоже говно какое-то.

> Russia remains a land of paradoxes, and its behavior is notoriously
> difficult to explain and predict. Our analysis tracks the ?binary

Really ?

Ну, если вот так вот нагло врать как выше, то да, конечно трудно.

---
Const

Dmitry Krivitsky

Nov 15, 2021, 8:27:58 PM11/15/21