Skupiny Google už nepodporují nová předplatná ani příspěvky Usenet. Historický obsah lze zobrazit stále.

Bottomless Pinocchio

42 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

999Vulcan

nepřečteno,
10. 12. 2018 7:55:2410.12.18
komu:
Meet the Bottomless Pinocchio, a new rating for a false claim repeated over and over again

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/10/meet-bottomless-pinocchio-new-rating-false-claim-repeated-over-over-again

Trump’s willingness to constantly repeat false claims has posed a unique challenge to fact-checkers. Most politicians quickly drop a Four-Pinocchio claim, either out of a duty to be accurate or concern that spreading false information could be politically damaging.

Not Trump. The president keeps going long after the facts are clear, in what appears to be a deliberate effort to replace the truth with his own, far more favorable, version of it. He is not merely making gaffes or misstating things, he is purposely injecting false information into the national conversation.

To accurately reflect this phenomenon, The Washington Post Fact Checker is introducing a new category — the Bottomless Pinocchio. That dubious distinction will be awarded to politicians who repeat a false claim so many times that they are, in effect, engaging in campaigns of disinformation.

The bar for the Bottomless Pinocchio is high: The claims must have received three or four Pinocchios from The Fact Checker, and they must have been repeated at least 20 times. Twenty is a sufficiently robust number that there can be no question the politician is aware that his or her facts are wrong. The list of Bottomless Pinocchios will be maintained on its own landing page.

The Fact Checker has not identified statements from any other current elected official who meets the standard other than Trump. In fact, 14 statements made by the president immediately qualify for the list.

999Vulcan

nepřečteno,
10. 12. 2018 8:01:5910.12.18
komu:
The false claims that Trump keeps repeating

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation

The Fact Checker has evaluated false statements President Trump has made repeatedly and analyzed how often he reiterates them. The claims included here – which we're calling "Bottomless Pinocchios" – are limited to ones that he has repeated 20 times and were rated as Three or Four Pinocchios by the Fact Checker.

- The Trump tax cut was the biggest in history (123 times)
- Overstating the size of U.S. trade deficits (117 times)
- The U.S. economy has never been stronger (99 times)
- Inflating our NATO spending (87 times)
- The U.S. has started building the wall (86 times)
- The U.S. has the loosest immigration laws in the world (52 times)
- Democrats colluded with Russia during the campaign (42 times)
- The border wall will stop drug trafficking (40 times)
- U.S. Steel is building many new plants (37 times)
- The U.S. has spent $6 trillion (or more) on Middle East wars (36 times)
- Thousands of MS-13 members have been removed from the country (33 times)
- McCain’s vote was the only thing that blocked repeal of the Affordable Care Act (30 times)
- Robert S. Mueller III is biased because of conflicts of interest (30 times)
- Inflating gains from a 2017 trip to Saudi Arabia (23 times)

nepřečteno,
10. 12. 2018 8:16:4710.12.18
komu:
On 12/10/2018 7:55 AM, 999Vulcan wrote:

> Trump’s willingness to constantly repeat false claims has posed a unique challenge to fact-checkers. Most politicians quickly drop a Four-Pinocchio claim, either out of a duty to be accurate or concern that spreading false information could be politically damaging.
>
> Not Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_distortion_field

Reality distortion field is a term first used by Bud Tribble at Apple
Computer in 1981, to describe company co-founder Steve Jobs's charisma
and its effects on the developers working on the Macintosh project.[1]
Tribble said that the term came from Star Trek,[1] where in the
Menagerie episode, it was used to describe how the aliens created their
own new world through mental force.

Bye, Anatol

999Vulcan

nepřečteno,
10. 12. 2018 8:21:0710.12.18
komu:
это ты к тому, что у Трампа - харизма и ментальная сила?

ну что я могу сказать...
кому и кобыла невеста

Const

nepřečteno,
10. 12. 2018 13:53:1910.12.18
komu:
999Vulcan <999v...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Meet the Bottomless Pinocchio, a new rating for a false claim repeated over and over again

> https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/10/meet-bottomless-pinocchio-new-rating-false-claim-repeated-over-over-again

Wow.
А они не подумали, что Трамп-то не очень подходит, но вот они сами -
очень даже заслуживают этой бездонной награды ?

Надо же, какое всё же безмозглое чмо ...

---
Const

CF

nepřečteno,
10. 12. 2018 14:40:0310.12.18
komu:

999Vulcan пишет:
- And remember, folks, there is no collusion! (hundreds of times)

CF

999Vulcan

nepřečteno,
10. 12. 2018 14:56:3010.12.18
komu:
Reporter: "Mr. President, did you know about the $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels?"

Trump: "No. No. What else?"

Reporter: "Then why did Michael Cohen make those if there was no truth to her allegations?"

Trump: "Well, you’ll have to ask Michael Cohen. Michael is my attorney. And you’ll have to ask Michael Cohen."

Reporter: " Do you know where he got the money to make that payment?"

Trump: "No, I don’t know. No."

SB

nepřečteno,
10. 12. 2018 18:59:4510.12.18
komu:
Мы и так давно знаем, что Фарбер с Вулахом - идиоты и вруны.

-СБ

0 nových zpráv