The Reverend Jackson

Frank Pittel

Aug 25, 1993, 2:43:12 AM8/25/93
George Peter Smerlis (king...@next07csc.wam.umd.edu) wrote:
: How can this guy and others associated with the NAALCP continue to support
: the law-breaking, drunk driving, hooligan, Rodney King. This character is
: a regular menace. Let's for a moment forget about the infamous beating he
: recieved at the hands of a few L.A. police officers, and focus some
: attention on the reason the cops have taken such an intertst in him. It's
: not because he's an exemplary role model, but because he is a criminal. I
: for one think he should be treated as such. Not as the NAALCP has made
: him out to be: a hero, a victim of racist society, a spokesperson for
: black America.. Come on!! But hey, if Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton can
: claim they represent the best interest of blacks, why not Mr. King. Let's
: face they are just out there trying to make some bucks.

: "By any means necessary..."

Haven't you heard Rodney King wasn't driving. At least that's his
story. Let's see how far it gets him. The way I see it the NAALCP
crowd needs to find better symbols. Rodney king is a bum and a thug who
belongs in prison. I forget the name of the slob they used before Rodney.
It had something to do with an add about Dukakis letting criminals out
of prison on weekend ferloughs to commit more crimes.
--

-----------------------------------
Frank Pittel f...@fwpbbs.mcs.com

Frank Pittel

Aug 25, 1993, 2:57:49 AM8/25/93
Anheuser Busch (je...@wam.umd.edu) wrote:

[...]

: Do you know how many black men are pulled over for no reason and
: harassed by the police??. I suppose you would not have an idea
: I conjecture that you must be white or you wouldn't be saying such drivel.

Do you know how many whites are pulled over for no reason by cops? I
suppose you don't know either.

: The cops take an interest in lots of black people because they are black!!..
: I was in a nice area once at 1:00pm and a cop pulled me over(white).
: made me open my trunk and searched my car (without a warrant),
: and then told me that the only reason i was being searhed is because
: it was late and there at been a recent spate of drug dealers in the area.

I've been pulled over more then once for nothing by a black cop. I
suppose that was a racist act also. I just thought it was a jerk cop.
Thanks for setting me straight I wa the victim of a rasist act.

: I have never dealt with drugs.. i couldn't indentify drugs if you had a
: gun to my head. Imagine that!!.. suppose i had resisted? or refused to
: open my trunk and let him search it??.. this was a very quiet street and
: there wasn't anyone around... I could have easily became a statistic and
: some asshole like you would have said... "he had to be a criminal because
: the white cop pulled him over". If a person is not committing a crime,
: then he should be left alone.. If the person is commiting a crime, then

Of course the cop knew that. Had you resisted you would have been
commiting a crime. You would also probably got your head busted.

: I might have understood your position, I suggest you shut the fuck up
: and talk about things that you know. Police have pulled me over and searched
: my car, searhed me for guns.. and when not finding anything, calmly announce
: that i was pulled over for speeding.. have you ever been pulled over for
: speeding and then have your car searched and your body searched??

More then once. Again I just attributed it to a jerk cop. I've been
walking down the street and been pulled over by a cop, searched, once
even beentaken to the police station. After several hours released. No
appology, no reason was even given for why I was taken in. I was
simply informed that I was "lucky" and told to leave. I got to walk
the five miles home. Of course if I were black I would say that was an
example of racism. Since I'm white all I can say is jerk cop.

: Then the cop had the aduacity to tell me that he was searching me for
: both of our protection and that not to resist.. suppose i had been a little
: drunk and had resisted.. and then the cops beat me and someone caught it
: on camera, would I be a criminal??. A simple speeding violation nearly
: turned into a nightmare for me. When you have experienced all these types
: of harassment because of your color, then you would have legitimacy about
: talking about Rodney King. Untill then, I suggest not to make the fool of
: yourself.

Fact is what Rodney King did was illegal. What the coops did was
police brutality. It should also be illegal. Fact of life time if a
white person did what king did the white cops would have beat him too.
: --
: -----------------------------------------------------------------
: Babs : "Excuse me, are those Bungle Boy jeans you're wearing?"
: Buster : "I'm not wearing any pants." mail all correspondence to je...@wam.umd.edu

Darryl Hamilton

Aug 25, 1993, 8:58:10 AM8/25/93
In article <9308...@fwpbbs.mcs.com> f...@fwpbbs.mcs.com (Frank Pittel) writes:
>George Peter Smerlis (king...@next07csc.wam.umd.edu) wrote:
>: How can this guy and others associated with the NAALCP continue to support
>: the law-breaking, drunk driving, hooligan, Rodney King. This character is

Yea that may be true but I still don't believe he deserved to get his ass
whipped the way the did. The reason why he has been elevated to his present
status is because so many young black men who are not criminals can identify
with what happend to him. Maybe not to the same extreme, but you see for a lot
of young black men police harrasment is just another part of life. I can rememberbeing pulled over by the cops all the time for no reason what so ever when I
was in my early 20's. Now that I'm older married and display special NC
Army Reserve licsence(sp?) plates on my car I haven't been pulled over in
years(except for that speeding ticket I got..oops). I don't know if the
Army Reserve plates keep them away or what, I still look kinda young.
(I still get carded for beer sometimes) But whatever the reason I'm glad
I don't get fucked with anymore. I still see the cops harrasing the younger
brothers all the time, I just drive by and shake my head.

>: "By any means necessary..."

>belongs in prison. I forget the name of the slob they used before Rodney.
>It had something to do with an add about Dukakis letting criminals out
>of prison on weekend ferloughs to commit more crimes.

His name was WIllie Horton. I heard someone is writing a book about him due
to be realeased this year. In that same article I read thar he had previously
turned down numerous book deals and movie offers shortly after Bushie won the
election. I don't know about you but I would have taken one of those offers,
why not get some money out fo it hell George Bush won a presidency off of him.
Although Dukakis was just a sorry canidate anyway who would have lost regardless.
but that's beside the point, the main object is to make some money, thats the
American way!

--
In loving memory of Senator Joseph R. McCarthy
The founder of Political Correctness.

Anheuser Busch

Aug 25, 1993, 4:52:22 PM8/25/93
Frank Pittel (f...@fwpbbs.mcs.com) wrote:

: : : "By any means necessary..."

Did I say he did it because of racism????... You are making my conclusions
for me.. I thought the race was important because only white cops
harass me. Have you ever been pulled over for being in a specific area??
I think that was what my statememt above meant to convey...
I was merely implying that the cops didn't have to know Rodney
King had a prior arrest record... It happened because he was
black and he resisted.. If you as a white man got arrested by
a black cop and beaten because you resisted...
You could attribute that to racism, but how would you feel if some
asshole told you that you HAD to be a criminal because you, a white man,
was pulled over by a black cop??.. Or that since you were a criminal,
the white community cannot be outraged and support you, even through
your civil rights were violated???.. I don't know of anyone who agrees
with Rodney King's lifestyle.. Not me!!.. but I'd me damn if
I wouldn't support him in this instance.

: : I have never dealt with drugs.. i couldn't indentify drugs if you had a

: : gun to my head. Imagine that!!.. suppose i had resisted? or refused to
: : open my trunk and let him search it??.. this was a very quiet street and
: : there wasn't anyone around... I could have easily became a statistic and
: : some asshole like you would have said... "he had to be a criminal because
: : the white cop pulled him over". If a person is not committing a crime,
: : then he should be left alone.. If the person is commiting a crime, then

: Of course the cop knew that. Had you resisted you would have been
: commiting a crime. You would also probably got your head busted.

I didn't I would happen... I said "could happen"
My brother and myself was pulled over last week for a busted tail light
and about three to four cop cars arrived on the sceen..
We were just issued a warning.. but it was damn embarrasing.. espicially
since it happened near to home.. what are we supposed to think??
Four cop cars!!.. my brother and I joked that if we were real drug
dealers and had guns... all the Mother Fu**ers would be dead.
(just a joke folks.. i am not that violent).
I'll bet that some white person got beaten by a black cop for nothing,
I will not dispute that.. but those cops were acting racist..
They assumed that we had to be the most dangerous black men on the planet..
They should have asked, we would have told them no :-).

: : I might have understood your position, I suggest you shut the fuck up

: : and talk about things that you know. Police have pulled me over and searched
: : my car, searhed me for guns.. and when not finding anything, calmly announce
: : that i was pulled over for speeding.. have you ever been pulled over for
: : speeding and then have your car searched and your body searched??

: More then once. Again I just attributed it to a jerk cop. I've been
: walking down the street and been pulled over by a cop, searched, once
: even beentaken to the police station. After several hours released. No
: appology, no reason was even given for why I was taken in. I was
: simply informed that I was "lucky" and told to leave. I got to walk
: the five miles home. Of course if I were black I would say that was an
: example of racism. Since I'm white all I can say is jerk cop.

You can call it anything you feel like...
You trivialize everyone else's experience..
You act as if no racist act is ever perpuated by a white cop..
I think you know that your opinions are bullshit..
By trivializing my experiences, you are insulting me..
and i refuse to be insulted...
That is one of the main reasons that there is still a race problem
in this country..

The fact is, when people are constantly harassed by people of another
race for no reason, racism plays a role..
If these incidents had only happened once to me, i might have
attributed it to a jerk cop.. just as you do..
But it happens, and happens, and happens..
Frankly, i am getting tired of it happening.

: : Then the cop had the aduacity to tell me that he was searching me for

: : both of our protection and that not to resist.. suppose i had been a little
: : drunk and had resisted.. and then the cops beat me and someone caught it
: : on camera, would I be a criminal??. A simple speeding violation nearly
: : turned into a nightmare for me. When you have experienced all these types
: : of harassment because of your color, then you would have legitimacy about
: : talking about Rodney King. Untill then, I suggest not to make the fool of
: : yourself.

: Fact is what Rodney King did was illegal. What the coops did was
: police brutality. It should also be illegal. Fact of life time if a
: white person did what king did the white cops would have beat him too.
:

hahaha you have gotta be kidding???...
in LA?? I don't think so!!!.. when i read that statement.. i nearly busted
a gut laughing

Frank Pittel

Aug 26, 1993, 12:36:30 AM8/26/93
Darryl Hamilton (d...@duke.edu) wrote:

: In article <9308...@fwpbbs.mcs.com> f...@fwpbbs.mcs.com (Frank Pittel) writes:
: >George Peter Smerlis (king...@next07csc.wam.umd.edu) wrote:
: >: How can this guy and others associated with the NAALCP continue to support
: >: the law-breaking, drunk driving, hooligan, Rodney King. This character is

: Yea that may be true but I still don't believe he deserved to get his ass
: whipped the way the did.

Beleive me when I say that I disapprove of police brutality. Nobody
deserves to get beat like that by the police. If the cops would have
been charged for battery or assualt it would have a slam dunk. Attempted
murder which is effectivaly what they were chareged with. Well that's
harder to prove.

: The reason why he has been elevated to his present

: status is because so many young black men who are not criminals can identify
: with what happend to him. Maybe not to the same extreme, but you see for a lot
: of young black men police harrasment is just another part of life. I can rememberbeing pulled over by the cops all the time for no reason what so ever when I
: was in my early 20's. Now that I'm older married and display special NC
: Army Reserve licsence(sp?) plates on my car I haven't been pulled over in
: years(except for that speeding ticket I got..oops). I don't know if the
: Army Reserve plates keep them away or what, I still look kinda young.

I think getting harrased my the cops is a part of growing up. It
doesn't make it right, but it's not only blacks who get harrased by
cops.

: (I still get carded for beer sometimes) But whatever the reason I'm glad

: I don't get fucked with anymore. I still see the cops harrasing the younger
: brothers all the time, I just drive by and shake my head.

I'll bet you love getting carded for beer. :-) What kinds of things
were they stoping you for? I remember for me it was burglery. I've
never broken into anyone's house, garage, car, etc in my life. Four
five times a week I'd be walking somewhere a squad car would stop. The
cops would get pat me down and ask me a bunch of questions about where
I was going, what I was doing, Why was I going where I was going, etc.
To this day I feel funny about walking down the street with a screw
driver.

: >: "By any means necessary..."

: >
: >belongs in prison. I forget the name of the slob they used before Rodney.
: >It had something to do with an add about Dukakis letting criminals out
: >of prison on weekend ferloughs to commit more crimes.

: His name was WIllie Horton. I heard someone is writing a book about him due
: to be realeased this year. In that same article I read thar he had previously
: turned down numerous book deals and movie offers shortly after Bushie won the
: election. I don't know about you but I would have taken one of those offers,
: why not get some money out fo it hell George Bush won a presidency off of him.

I think Dukakis had a lot to do with it. A lot more then Willie Horton
anyhow.

: Although Dukakis was just a sorry canidate anyway who would have lost regardless.

: but that's beside the point, the main object is to make some money, thats the
: American way!

Don't let the democrates hear you say that. :-)

: --

: In loving memory of Senator Joseph R. McCarthy
: The founder of Political Correctness.

Frank Pittel

Aug 26, 1993, 1:10:03 AM8/26/93
Anheuser Busch (je...@wam.umd.edu) wrote:

[stuff dleted

: : : The cops take an interest in lots of black people because they are black!!..

: : : I was in a nice area once at 1:00pm and a cop pulled me over(white).
: : : made me open my trunk and searched my car (without a warrant),
: : : and then told me that the only reason i was being searhed is because
: : : it was late and there at been a recent spate of drug dealers in the area.

: : I've been pulled over more then once for nothing by a black cop. I
: : suppose that was a racist act also. I just thought it was a jerk cop.

: : Thanks for setting me straight I was the victim of a rasist act.

: Did I say he did it because of racism????... You are making my conclusions
: for me.. I thought the race was important because only white cops
: harass me. Have you ever been pulled over for being in a specific area??

You sure made it sound like it. If however you now say it wasn't
because of racism I appologize. :-)

As a matter of fact I have been. Heck I got pulled over and brought to
jail for steping out of my house. (It's a long stoy ask me about it
sometime.) For a long time I was pulled over, pated down and
questioned of as long as twenty minutes wlking home from school!

: I think that was what my statememt above meant to convey...

: I was merely implying that the cops didn't have to know Rodney
: King had a prior arrest record... It happened because he was
: black and he resisted.. If you as a white man got arrested by
: a black cop and beaten because you resisted...
: You could attribute that to racism, but how would you feel if some
: asshole told you that you HAD to be a criminal because you, a white man,
: was pulled over by a black cop??.. Or that since you were a criminal,
: the white community cannot be outraged and support you, even through
: your civil rights were violated???.. I don't know of anyone who agrees
: with Rodney King's lifestyle.. Not me!!.. but I'd me damn if
: I wouldn't support him in this instance.

Rodney King was a criminal and the cops knew it when they finally got
him to stop. Not pulling over when signaled to by a police officer is
a crime unto itself. So is for that matter driving a hundred miles or
so an hour through residential streets. Around here t he speed limit
for residential streets is twentyfive miles an hour. Burning down a
section of a city, looting the stores in the area doesn't sound like
support to me. If that was the kind of "support" I got I would
distance myself from it.

: : : I have never dealt with drugs.. i couldn't indentify drugs if you had a

: : : gun to my head. Imagine that!!.. suppose i had resisted? or refused to
: : : open my trunk and let him search it??.. this was a very quiet street and
: : : there wasn't anyone around... I could have easily became a statistic and
: : : some asshole like you would have said... "he had to be a criminal because
: : : the white cop pulled him over". If a person is not committing a crime,
: : : then he should be left alone.. If the person is commiting a crime, then

: : Of course the cop knew that. Had you resisted you would have been
: : commiting a crime. You would also probably got your head busted.

: I didn't I would happen... I said "could happen"

If you resist your'e breaking the law. You take a swing at a cop
you've got a 99% chance of getting your head busted. That's the way it
is. It's also the same for you and me.

: My brother and myself was pulled over last week for a busted tail light

: and about three to four cop cars arrived on the sceen..
: We were just issued a warning.. but it was damn embarrasing.. espicially
: since it happened near to home.. what are we supposed to think??
: Four cop cars!!.. my brother and I joked that if we were real drug
: dealers and had guns... all the Mother Fu**ers would be dead.
: (just a joke folks.. i am not that violent).

Something like that happened to me and a couple of friends. It was
night three squad cars! They cuffed us and made us stand in the beam
of the headlights for what seemed like hours. Imagine how we felt as
our neighbors walked by and looked.

: I'll bet that some white person got beaten by a black cop for nothing,

: I will not dispute that.. but those cops were acting racist..

Why does it have to be racist? Couldn't it just be a jerk cop beating
someone up?
: They assumed that we had to be the most dangerous black men on the planet..

: They should have asked, we would have told them no :-).

:-)

[...]

I'm not trivializing anyone else's experiences. I'm simply pointing
out that those things don't only happen to black people. Believe it or
not white people get harrased all the time.

: You act as if no racist act is ever perpuated by a white cop..

As a matter of fact I think that a large number of racist acts have
been purpetuated on blacks by white cops. However I don't believe that
every time there is an altercation between a black and a white that it
is racist by nature. I get the feeling that you do.

: I think you know that your opinions are bullshit..

If you say so. Yours are just wrong.

: By trivializing my experiences, you are insulting me..

: and i refuse to be insulted...

How am I insulting you. Is my pointing out that you're not the only
one to get the raw end of a deal insulting you? Is pointing out to you
that misconceptions that you posted as truth are wrong insulting you?
Is pointing out to you that I ( and other white people) have been the
victims of the same type of harrasement insulting you?

: That is one of the main reasons that there is still a race problem
: in this country..

: The fact is, when people are constantly harassed by people of another
: race for no reason, racism plays a role..

Attitudes like that are the reason that there is still racism in this
country.

: If these incidents had only happened once to me, i might have

: attributed it to a jerk cop.. just as you do..
: But it happens, and happens, and happens..
: Frankly, i am getting tired of it happening.

So am I!! Jerk cops.

: : : Then the cop had the aduacity to tell me that he was searching me for

: : : both of our protection and that not to resist.. suppose i had been a little
: : : drunk and had resisted.. and then the cops beat me and someone caught it
: : : on camera, would I be a criminal??. A simple speeding violation nearly
: : : turned into a nightmare for me. When you have experienced all these types
: : : of harassment because of your color, then you would have legitimacy about
: : : talking about Rodney King. Untill then, I suggest not to make the fool of
: : : yourself.

: : Fact is what Rodney King did was illegal. What the coops did was
: : police brutality. It should also be illegal. Fact of life time if a
: : white person did what king did the white cops would have beat him too.
: :

: hahaha you have gotta be kidding???...
: in LA?? I don't think so!!!.. when i read that statement.. i nearly busted
: a gut laughing

In chicago you can count on it. I even asked a friend how asked his
cop brother what he would do. Can you guess what the cop said? Gut
laugh or not if did what King did the cops would have beat me just as
bad. The only differance is that nobody would have cared. Certainly
not you or Jesse.
: : --

Anheuser Busch

Aug 26, 1993, 9:42:22 AM8/26/93
writes:
> Anheuser Busch (je...@wam.umd.edu) wrote:
>
> [stuff dleted
>
> : : : The cops take an interest in lots of black people because they
are black!!..
> : : : I was in a nice area once at 1:00pm and a cop pulled me
over(white).
> : : : made me open my trunk and searched my car (without a warrant),
> : : : and then told me that the only reason i was being searhed is
because
> : : : it was late and there at been a recent spate of drug dealers in
the area.

> : : I've been pulled over more then once for nothing by a black cop. I
> : : suppose that was a racist act also. I just thought it was a jerk
cop.
> : : Thanks for setting me straight I was the victim of a rasist act.
>
> : Did I say he did it because of racism????... You are making my
conclusions
> : for me.. I thought the race was important because only white cops
> : harass me. Have you ever been pulled over for being in a specific
area??

> You sure made it sound like it. If however you now say it wasn't
> because of racism I appologize. :-)

Your apology was immature... I didn't say it wasn't because of racism
and i didn't say it was because of racism.. althrough i suspect
race had something to do with it.

Then I am a criminal.. i have broken the speed laws many times..
Your grandmother is a criminal too.. I am sure she broke the
speed limit once (even by perhaps 2 miles / hr).
So are you... you white criminal!!.. you should be locked up
and beaten by some black cop!!!. (deep sarcasm here).
Do you read the stuff you post??.. you sound ridiculus!!!.
As to the street burnings.. that had nothing to do with supporting
Rodney King.. that was black people pissed off.
I'll say something about the black race.. once we get pissed off..
WE GET PISSED OFF (I am not shouting.. caps for emphasis).

> : : : I have never dealt with drugs.. i couldn't indentify drugs if you
had a
> : : : gun to my head. Imagine that!!.. suppose i had resisted? or
refused to
> : : : open my trunk and let him search it??.. this was a very quiet
street and
> : : : there wasn't anyone around... I could have easily became a
statistic and
> : : : some asshole like you would have said... "he had to be a criminal
because
> : : : the white cop pulled him over". If a person is not committing a
crime,
> : : : then he should be left alone.. If the person is commiting a
crime, then

> : : Of course the cop knew that. Had you resisted you would have been
> : : commiting a crime. You would also probably got your head busted.
>
> : I didn't I would happen... I said "could happen"
>
> If you resist your'e breaking the law. You take a swing at a cop
> you've got a 99% chance of getting your head busted. That's the way it
> is. It's also the same for you and me.

Boy, I must be the most wanted criminal in america!!!..
resisting is a crime??... I don't think so...
Searching someone's car without a warrant or a reason is a crime..
In fact, I was being derilect as a citizen in not resisting..
That is how the Soviet Union got started.. Citizens let the
state fuck them over!!.
Again, I plead for you to read your post before posting.

> : My brother and myself was pulled over last week for a busted tail
light
> : and about three to four cop cars arrived on the sceen..
> : We were just issued a warning.. but it was damn embarrasing..
espicially
> : since it happened near to home.. what are we supposed to think??
> : Four cop cars!!.. my brother and I joked that if we were real drug
> : dealers and had guns... all the Mother Fu**ers would be dead.
> : (just a joke folks.. i am not that violent).
>
> Something like that happened to me and a couple of friends. It was
> night three squad cars! They cuffed us and made us stand in the beam
> of the headlights for what seemed like hours. Imagine how we felt as
> our neighbors walked by and looked.

You sure you didn't do something criminal?? :-).

yeah?? news to me!!..
Perhaps the jury that returned the "not guilty" verdict in the LA
case have never been harassed by police...
The perception by some blacks (i can't say most.. because I don't
really know) is that society doesn't get outraged when a black
person civil rights is violated. We all assumed the reason is
perhaps that whites generally don't have their civil rights violated
and hence cannot sympathsize.. If what you are saying is true..
You might be one of the few exceptions.

> : You act as if no racist act is ever perpuated by a white cop..
>
> As a matter of fact I think that a large number of racist acts have
> been purpetuated on blacks by white cops. However I don't believe that
> every time there is an altercation between a black and a white that it
> is racist by nature. I get the feeling that you do.

Perhaps not.. i have had good experiences with white cops..
I remember passing four stops signs in a row and was shocked when I was
pulled over... when the cop informed that i had passed four stop
signs, i told him that there were no stop signs the way i came..
when he pointed out the stop signs.. i realized that i was so deeply in
thought that i didn't notice.. however he only gived me a warning and
said that he understood, but that i should pay more attention.
Now that wasn't bad, was it??.
But i think that every beating of a black man by a white cop that
results in near death has something to do with race...
I can't imagine someone beating some one else to death and claim
that he had to get control over the situation.. I could
have done a better job of getting control over Rodney King than
those two white cops could.. are you telling me that they are really
that incompetent??.

> : I think you know that your opinions are bullshit..
>
> If you say so. Yours are just wrong.

I think i'll agree to disagree.

> : By trivializing my experiences, you are insulting me..
> : and i refuse to be insulted...
>
> How am I insulting you. Is my pointing out that you're not the only
> one to get the raw end of a deal insulting you? Is pointing out to you
> that misconceptions that you posted as truth are wrong insulting you?
> Is pointing out to you that I ( and other white people) have been the
> victims of the same type of harrasement insulting you?
>
> : That is one of the main reasons that there is still a race problem
> : in this country..
>

> : The fact is, when people are constantly harassed by people of
another
> : race for no reason, racism plays a role..
>
> Attitudes like that are the reason that there is still racism in this
> country.

If the cops would stop harassing young black males..
the situation would get better.. if white people would stop
pulling the wool over their eyes.. the situation would get better..

I don't think so!!.. I once saw a story on tv (could have been one
of those magazine shows.. 20/20 or something) where they were
showing a black cop beating a white man for no reason..
I was very upset at the black cop.. I think the revenge motive is strong.
but by him doing that, he only gived racist white cops more reason to
beat young black males.. after all, they are saying.. "look at that
black man doing what we want to do.. heck, if they could do it to us,
we can do it to them..."
Unfortunately, they are more of you white people that us black people..
We could not possibly win anything by black cops beating white
people.

Loren I. Petrich

Aug 28, 1993, 3:10:27 AM8/28/93
In article <9308...@fwpbbs.mcs.com> f...@fwpbbs.mcs.com (Frank Pittel) writes:

>I think getting harrased my the cops is a part of growing up. It
>doesn't make it right, but it's not only blacks who get harrased by
>cops.

That sounds self-contradictory.

If something is supposedly normal, that usually is taken to
mean that it is right.
--
/Loren Petrich, the Master Blaster
/l...@s1.gov

Frank Pittel

Aug 27, 1993, 1:28:38 PM8/27/93
: writes:
: > Anheuser Busch (je...@wam.umd.edu) wrote:
: >
: > [stuff dleted
[ more stuff deleted]

: > : Did I say he did it because of racism????... You are making my
: conclusions
: > : for me.. I thought the race was important because only white cops
: > : harass me. Have you ever been pulled over for being in a specific
: area??
: >
: > You sure made it sound like it. If however you now say it wasn't
: > because of racism I appologize. :-)

: Your apology was immature... I didn't say it wasn't because of racism
: and i didn't say it was because of racism.. althrough i suspect
: race had something to do with it.

Appology retracted. :-)

[more stuff deleted]

: Then I am a criminal.. i have broken the speed laws many times..

: Your grandmother is a criminal too.. I am sure she broke the
: speed limit once (even by perhaps 2 miles / hr).

Now your coming to conclusions. My grandmother doesn't drive.

: So are you... you white criminal!!.. you should be locked up

: and beaten by some black cop!!!. (deep sarcasm here).

When I get lawfully ordered to stop I do as soon as possible. When I
go to court I plead guilty. If I did what Rodney King did and I was
pulled over by black cops I have no doubts I'd beaten up. That's the
way it is. Remember now I'm not saying that it's right. What I'm saying
is that, that's the way it is and race has little to do with it.

: Do you read the stuff you post??.. you sound ridiculus!!!.

Let's not fall into the liberal habit of mud slinging and charactor
assassination<SP?> shall we.

: As to the street burnings.. that had nothing to do with supporting

: Rodney King.. that was black people pissed off.
: I'll say something about the black race.. once we get pissed off..
: WE GET PISSED OFF (I am not shouting.. caps for emphasis).

Are you speaking for all black people here? If I were to come out and
say that it's part of the nature of black people to beat, burn, loot and kill
when they don't get their way. I would get called a hundred differant kinds of
racist. So please don't do it yourself. There is no excuse for what
those people did.

: >
: > If you resist your'e breaking the law. You take a swing at a cop

: > you've got a 99% chance of getting your head busted. That's the way it
: > is. It's also the same for you and me.
: >

: Boy, I must be the most wanted criminal in america!!!..
: resisting is a crime??... I don't think so...

Resisting is very much a crime. Simply failing to cooperate with a
police officer is a crime. BTW you resist arrest much. :-) (couldn't
resist sorry :-)

: Searching someone's car without a warrant or a reason is a crime..

Did you give permission to the officer to search your car? If so the
cop doesn't even need to show probable cause. I thought that when
making an arrest the police had the right to search the area of
arrest. If that's the case and giving a ticket is actually an arrest.
Does the officer have the right to search the car? Does anyone know
for sure?

[...]

Is walking down the street a crime?

: >
: > : You can call it anything you feel like...

: > : You trivialize everyone else's experience..
: >
: > I'm not trivializing anyone else's experiences. I'm simply pointing
: > out that those things don't only happen to black people. Believe it or
: > not white people get harrased all the time.

: yeah?? news to me!!..
: Perhaps the jury that returned the "not guilty" verdict in the LA
: case have never been harassed by police...

We can't know for sure now can we? I wouldn't be surprised if they
were.
: The perception by some blacks (i can't say most.. because I don't

: really know) is that society doesn't get outraged when a black
: person civil rights is violated. We all assumed the reason is
: perhaps that whites generally don't have their civil rights violated
: and hence cannot sympathsize.. If what you are saying is true..
: You might be one of the few exceptions.

I'm not an exception at all. You make a false assumption about whites
not getting their civil rights violated. You also forget the national
outrage that followed the tape of king getting beat. A lot of people
were thinking that finally cops are going to jail for police
brutality. By the way that's what we call what happened to Rodney.

: >
[...]

I wish I could get that lucky. :-)
: But i think that every beating of a black man by a white cop that

: results in near death has something to do with race...

Why? Is a black man getting beat by a black cop racist? Is the same
white cop who beat the black man for racist reasons, beating a white
man also doing it for racist reasons?

: I can't imagine someone beating some one else to death and claim

: that he had to get control over the situation.. I could
: have done a better job of getting control over Rodney King than
: those two white cops could.. are you telling me that they are really
: that incompetent??.

I think the cops are thugs and should go to jail for a long time for
beating a man ( not black, not white) like they did. I in fact was
shocked when the officers plead not guilty. When they were found not
guilty I shook my head and accepted the jurys decision. Right or wrong
in a given case it's the trial by jury of peers that gives us an
important leg up over totalitarian <SP?> countries. We don't always
agree with the decisions they make but we accept them. Before you
start I can go on for hours about jury decisions that I'd don't like
or agree with.

: > : I think you know that your opinions are bullshit..

: >
: > If you say so. Yours are just wrong.
:
: I think i'll agree to disagree.

I think you should give me a little more time to prove that I'm right.
:-)
: >
[...]

What are we pulling the wool over our eyes about? Police brutality
shouldn't be tolerated irregardless over who it happens to.

: >
: > : If these incidents had only happened once to me, i might have

Can we agree to agree that police brutality is Wrong? Can we also agree
that it is wrong for a black cop to beat a black man? Can we then also agree
that it is wrong for a white cop to beat a white man? It's all wrong not just
when it happens across racial lines.!!

: Unfortunately, they are more of you white people that us black people..

: We could not possibly win anything by black cops beating white
: people.

I'll tell you I'm getting tired of all this black, white garbage. The constant
division along racial lines is tearing this country apart. The only thing won by
beating someone up is the fight.

Peter Steensen

Aug 28, 1993, 12:56:00 PM8/28/93

To: je...@wam.umd.edu

Jedd recently spewed forth the following propaganda:

Je> I was in a nice area once at 1:00pm and a cop pulled me over(white).
Je> made me open my trunk and searched my car (without a warrant),
Je> and then told me that the only reason i was being searhed is because
Je> it was late and there at been a recent spate of drug dealers in the
Je> area.
Since when is 1:00 PM late. I believe that you meant 1:00 AM.
Je> I have never dealt with drugs.. i couldn't indentify drugs if you had
How could you not know what a can of beer looks like? Can't you read?
Je> gun to my head. Imagine that!!.. suppose i had resisted? or refused
Je> open my trunk and let him search it??.. this was a very quiet street
Je> and
Je> there wasn't anyone around... I could have easily became a statistic
Je> and
Je> some asshole like you would have said... "he had to be a criminal
Je> because
Je> the white cop pulled him over". If a person is not committing a
Je> crime,
Je> then he should be left alone.. If the person is commiting a crime,
Je> then
Je> I might have understood your position, I suggest you shut the fuck up
Je> and talk about things that you know. Police have pulled me over and
Je> searched
My, quite the foul mouth you have. Do you listem to a lot of Rap music or
what? Just the fact that you said "let him search it" makes the previous
statement about the police officer searching your car without a warrant
invalid.
Je> my car, searhed me for guns.. and when not finding anything, calmly
Je> announce
Je> that i was pulled over for speeding.. have you ever been pulled over
Je> for
Je> speeding and then have your car searched and your body searched??
I have. And guess what, I'm white!!! Believe it or not, police officers
make it a point to search cars for things such as opened cans of beer and
the such when people are out driving at 1:00 AM (you did mean AM, right?)
Je> Then the cop had the aduacity to tell me that he was searching me for
Je> both of our protection and that not to resist.. suppose i had been a
Je> little
Je> drunk and had resisted.. and then the cops beat me and someone caught
Je> it
Je> on camera, would I be a criminal??. A simple speeding violation
Actually, resisting arrest is a crime, therefore, you would be a criminal.
Je> nearly
Je> turned into a nightmare for me. When you have experienced all these
Je> types
Je> of harassment because of your color, then you would have legitimacy
Je> about
Je> talking about Rodney King. Untill then, I suggest not to make the
Je> fool of
Je> yourself.
I think we have all seen who the fool is.

Je> --
Je> -----------------------------------------------------------------
Je> Babs : "Excuse me, are those Bungle Boy jeans you're wearing?"
Je> Buster : "I'm not wearing any pants."
Je>
Je> mail all correspondence to je...@wam.umd.edu
Je>
Je>

Je> -!- FidoPCB v1.4 [ff051/x]
Je> ! Origin: ASA CompuHelp "We're A Step Ahead" (614)476-4058
Je> (181:1813/0)

|)
|eter
peter.s...@asacomp.com

... A dime saved is a dollar earned. Uncle Sam gets the rest\
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

--- RBBSMail v18.1
* Origin: The Twilight Zone BBS*Auburndale (715) 652-2758 (181:291/50.0)