Swanky restaurant

auuV

Sep 24, 2007, 7:21:46 PM9/24/07
Offering such treats as:

|Warm Beetroot Emulsion, Mustard Ice Cream
|Poached Scottish Oyster, Sweet and Sour
|Bean Sprout Risotto

Thats all *one* starter.

|Vanilla Scramble Egg, Passion Fruit Sorbet

Thats a pudding.

I had a starter of goats cheese wrapped in spud, served with beetroot
and "blackberry caviar" (some blackberry seeds), followed by tomato tart
with tempura veg on top (nom nom nom), and finishing with sesame seed
tubes filled with sweet but sharp-flavoured Stuff[TM] and a lickel
nugget of sharp (kiwi?)-flavoured "ise crem". There were lickel
amuses-bouche (if thats the right term), served before the starter
(mushrume and asparagus "supe" and before the pudding (pineapple and
c*ffee cream froth. :)

--
give me some of that vitamin C

auuV

Sep 24, 2007, 7:24:24 PM9/24/07

Oh, and petits fours. There were petits fours.

auuV

Sep 25, 2007, 3:40:29 AM9/25/07
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 00:21:46 +0100, auuV <au...@zazehen.invalid> wrote:

>Offering such treats as:
>
>|Warm Beetroot Emulsion, Mustard Ice Cream
>|Poached Scottish Oyster, Sweet and Sour
>|Bean Sprout Risotto
>
>Thats all *one* starter.
>

>|Vanilla Scramble Egg, Passion Fruit Sorbet
>
>Thats a pudding.
>
>I had a starter of goats cheese wrapped in spud, served with beetroot
>and "blackberry caviar" (some blackberry seeds), followed by tomato tart
>with tempura veg on top (nom nom nom), and finishing with sesame seed
>tubes filled with sweet but sharp-flavoured Stuff[TM] and a lickel
>nugget of sharp (kiwi?)-flavoured "ise crem". There were lickel
>amuses-bouche (if thats the right term), served before the starter
>(mushrume and asparagus "supe"

)

Don Stockbauer

Sep 25, 2007, 6:43:56 AM9/25/07
On Sep 25, 1:40 am, auuV <a...@zazehen.invalid> wrote:

Beats Vienna sausages wrapped up in a slice of bread.

auuV

Sep 25, 2007, 7:27:51 PM9/25/07

>Beats Vienna sausages wrapped up in a slice of bread.

Unless you are really hungry! :)

Don Stockbauer

Sep 25, 2007, 11:35:53 PM9/25/07

Or going camping, like yesterday, and one needs some nice convenient
no-need-of-refridgeration food.

Don Stockbauer

Sep 26, 2007, 1:45:43 PM9/26/07

If you're ever in the .us and .tx, you might try it, McKinney Falls
State park near Austin. Has nice falls. Nice place to eat a Vienna
sausage sandwich.

auuV

Sep 26, 2007, 3:12:47 PM9/26/07

Wow. I have just looked at the parks WP article, a map:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp_p4505_090d.pdf

and on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=30.180748,-97.724848&spn=0.023928,0.040169&t=h&z=15&om=1

It has a wealth of facilities and a fascinating history.

And dinosaurs:

|Aquatic dinosaurs swam in the sea as evidenced by a complete
|skeleton of a mosasaur found in the rocks of Onion Creek not
|far from the park

:)))

Don Stockbauer

Sep 26, 2007, 4:14:50 PM9/26/07
On Sep 26, 1:12 pm, auuV <a...@zazehen.invalid> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:45:43 -0700, Don Stockbauer
>

> http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_...
>
> and on Google Maps:
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=30.180748,-97.724848&spn=0.023...

> It has a wealth of facilities and a fascinating history.
>
> And dinosaurs:
>
> |Aquatic dinosaurs swam in the sea as evidenced by a complete
> |skeleton of a mosasaur found in the rocks of Onion Creek not
> |far from the park
>
> :)))
>
> --
> give me some of that vitamin C

A veritable plethora of entertainment for the .tx travelling pilgrim.
But other places have much to offer also. How does one decide what
to do during one's life?

auuV

Sep 26, 2007, 5:04:39 PM9/26/07

>A veritable plethora of entertainment for the .tx travelling pilgrim.
>But other places have much to offer also. How does one decide what
>to do during one's life?

Austins moonlight towers sounds amazing. Are they? :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonlight_tower

Don Stockbauer

Sep 26, 2007, 11:09:58 PM9/26/07

I'm ashamed to admit that I've never taken particular notice of them,
though I have heard of them. The whole city, like all other cities, is
awash with light at night.

I think it's one of the towers (or some other tall structure) that
they drape lines of Xmas tree lights from each Xmas. You can go under
it at night and spin around and as my brother described "It weirds you
out."

Also there is the Congress Street bat bridge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congress_Avenue

The night we went was not a good one for seeing them, but on some
nights people see thousands fly out.

My sister-in law said they once projected the image of an eye on one
of the downtown white water towers and had it blink and stare around,
another head-weirding experience.

auuV

Sep 27, 2007, 3:08:46 PM9/27/07

>I'm ashamed to admit that I've never taken particular notice of them,
>though I have heard of them. The whole city, like all other cities, is
>awash with light at night.

E!

>I think it's one of the towers (or some other tall structure) that
>they drape lines of Xmas tree lights from each Xmas. You can go under
>it at night and spin around and as my brother described "It weirds you
>out."

I did see a lot of pictures of the Zilker tree. That would be it. It
is based on a moonlight tower.

>Also there is the Congress Street bat bridge:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congress_Avenue

Thats a lot of battage!

>The night we went was not a good one for seeing them, but on some
>nights people see thousands fly out.
>
>My sister-in law said they once projected the image of an eye on one
>of the downtown white water towers and had it blink and stare around,
>another head-weirding experience.

O_O

Or

O_-