Concert review

Mark Kupper

Oct 15, 1991, 11:16:31 PM10/15/91

I saw Pearl Jam and I Love You last night here in Chapel Hill, NC at the
Cat's Cradle. Pearl Jam is comprised mostly of a previous band named Mother
Lovebone and the guitarist is from Temple of the Dog. The guitarist for the
band I Love You was darn good and the band was OK. Pearl Jam sounded almost
nothing like Temple of the Dog and I've never heard Mother Lovebone. The
musicianship was OK and the band itself was pretty tight. They sounded like
a mixture b/w REM and Queensryche id you can believe that. I got very bored
after a while as it became apparent they were going to continue to play
similar sounding stuff all night (and it really wasn't that great). I guess
the show was worth $5.00 but that's all. They announced that they would be
touring with the Chili Peppers next.