What movie best represents your life in the 70's?

1 view

kirkus

Dec 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/11/99
This thread is probably just for a select few since no one wants to
hear what an infant did 25 years ago........anyway, "Over the Edge"
is one of my favorite movies of all time. There are so many
situations in that movie that I can stick myself in and start reliving
the past. One ironic thing about it is when I was in Jr. High, I
always thought Matt Dillon was a worthless teen idol. Now that I
watch the movie, I think he's pretty cool.

If you haven't seen the movie, go rent it. It has a kick-ass sound
track to boot......Van Halen, Cheap Trick, Hendrix, The
Ramones...........Greg

Smokin' Dave

Dec 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/11/99

The flick "Dazed and Confused" brought back some serious memories for
me.

Smokin' Dave
Hell hath no coffee, no cigarettes.....
Smokin' Dave's Taxicab Diaries
http://www.smokindave.com

Raddion

Dec 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/11/99
"Over The Edge" man I'm going to have to check that out. I can't think of a
Seventies movie that best represents my life because the only movies I can
really remember are Logan's Run, Towering Inferno and Star Wars... and a
made-for-TV movie called "Bad Ronald". It was about this tall, gangly, curly
haired kid with coke-bottle glasses who accidentally kills a girl a couple
years younger than him while she is teasing him. She falls and hits her head on
a rock, and he runs home and tells 'Mother' what he's done.
'Mother' whips out the toolbox and the wallboard and totally walls up one of
the rooms in the house, making a secret door to the room underneath the lowest
shelf in the pantry. She hides Ronald in here, telling the police that Ronald
must have run away... whenever the cops knock on the door, Ronald runs and
hides in the secret room (he gets a little pale from lack of sunlight, too)...
The only problem is, after awhile 'Mother' passes away, leaving Ronald in an
empty house where he gets real hungry for awhile, until the house is sold to a
family that includes a couple of hot sisters (I think there were a couple of
them). Well, Ronald has a good time stealing their food when they're not home
and peeking through his little peep holes (at the chicks) that he's drilled
seemingly in every room in the house...
It's a pretty dumb movie. Ronald's pivoting eyeball gets spotted by one of the
chicks as she's changing in her bedroom. She screams and the next scene shows
Ronald being led away from the house in handcuffs amidst a sea of flashing
police beacons... movie over! But I have to admit, the thought of Ronald
peeking through that peephole at that girl has stayed with me throughout the
years...
Someday, just for fun, I'm going to hang a portrait of some dude on the wall,
and drill out the eyes so I can go around the other side of the wall and pivot
my eyes around and freak out the people in the other room.

RADDION

Captain Tripps

Dec 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/11/99
On 11 Dec 1999 16:17:10 GMT, in alt.rock-n-roll.metal.oldschool
Raddion wrote:

<Snipped ":bad ronald" stuff>

Dude, I'm cracking up.. I saw that damn movie too. I remember the
scene where he's in the kitchen chugging milk out of the carton and I
was thinking "this is stupid man!"

They don't make plotless movies like that any more :)

"Ronald is a bad boy..."
--
++Captain Tripps++
to reply simply remove YOUR CLOTHES...

UHEEP2

Dec 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/11/99
1. Never Too Young To Rock
2. In Flame
3. Stardust
4. Side By Side
5. Take Me High

Ha! I wish. Considering when I was born, I suppose "Look Who's Talkin" is
more accurate.

Cheers!
Alex
http://members.aol.com/uheep2
(Status Quo Mailing List, Nederpop Encyclopedia, Alex's Picks, etc.)
"I have a feeling I'm not in Kansas anymore!" Steve Morse

Neil Carmody

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99

Smokin' Dave <smoki...@smokindave.com> wrote in message

> On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 08:45:46 GMT, tibe...@knac.com (kirkus) wrote:
>
> >This thread is probably just for a select few since no one wants to
> >hear what an infant did 25 years ago........anyway, "Over the Edge"
> >is one of my favorite movies of all time. There are so many
> >situations in that movie that I can stick myself in and start reliving
> >the past. One ironic thing about it is when I was in Jr. High, I
> >always thought Matt Dillon was a worthless teen idol. Now that I
> >watch the movie, I think he's pretty cool.
> >
> >If you haven't seen the movie, go rent it. It has a kick-ass sound
> >track to boot......Van Halen, Cheap Trick, Hendrix, The
> >Ramones...........Greg
>
> The flick "Dazed and Confused" brought back some serious memories for
> me.

If you haven't seen "Clerks" go rent it. It's the first Kevin Smith
production. Silent Bob and Jay are 70's reruns of everyone I knew back then.
Drinkin beers, smokin weed, drinkin beers smokin weed, Time To Drink Some
Beers and Smoke Some Weed! Come on Silent Bob, let's get outta here away
from this fuckin Dante cocksmoker!

37?