REPOST-Hitler's Nero Decree-Level Germany

Joe Bruno

Feb 26, 2005, 11:17:16 AM2/26/05

Newsgroups: alt.revisionism
From: b...@indystart.com (Joebruno) - Find messages by this author
Date: 7 Nov 2004 00:38:35 -0800
Subject: REPOST-Hitler's Nero Decree
| Remove | Report Abuse

Demolitions on Reich territory
"Nero Decree"

High Command of the Armed Forces
(Operations Staff)
March 19, 1945.

Subject: Demolitions on Reich territory

The struggle for the existence of our people compels us, even within
the territory of the Reich, to exploit every means of weakening the
fighting strength of our enemy, and impeding his further advance.
Every opportunity must be taken of inflicting, directly or indirectly,
the utmost lasting damage on the striking power of the enemy. It is a
mistake to think that transport and communication facilities,
industrial establishments and supply depots, which have not been
destroyed, or have only been temporarily put out of action, can be
used again for our own ends when the lost territory has been
recovered. The enemy will leave us nothing but scorched earth when he
withdraws, without paying the slightest regard to the population. I
therefore order:

1. All military transport, and communication, facilities, industrial
establishments and supply depots, as well as anything else of value
within Reich territory, which could in any way be used by the enemy
immediately or within the foreseeable future for the prosecution of
the war, will be destroyed.

2. The following are responsible for carrying out these demolitions:

The military commanders, for all military establishments, including
the transport and communications network; the Gauleiters and Reich
Commissioners for Defense, for all industrial establishments and
supply depots, and anything else of value. The troops are to give to
Gauleiters and Reich Commissioners for Defense such help as they
require to carry out their tasks.

3. This order will be made known to all officers commanding troops as
quickly as possible. Directives to the contrary are invalid.

signed:
Adolf Hitler