Hitler Betrays the Catholic Church

Joe Bruno

May 29, 2005, 9:16:06 PM5/29/05
This is from "The Rise and Fall of The Third Reich", May 1992 edition,

page 324.

In his speech of March 23,1933 to the Reichstag, Hitler paid tribute to

the Christian faiths as "essential elements for safeguarding the soul
of the German people", promised to respect their rights, and declared
that his government's ambition is a peaceful accord between church and
state.

Scarcely 4 months later, the Nazi government concluded a Concordat with

the Vatican in which it guarranteed the freedom of the Catholic Church
and the right to regulate her own affairs.

Ten days later,the first steps were taken to dissolve the Catholic
Youth League. During the next years, thousands of Catholic priests,
nuns and lay leaders were arrested, many of them on trumped-up charges
of "immorality" or "smuggling foreign currency". Erich Klausener,
leader of Catholic Action, was murdered during the June 30, 1934 purge.

Steve Talbot

May 29, 2005, 9:42:56 PM5/29/05
On 29 May 2005 18:16:06 -0700,
<1117415766.0...@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> "Joe Bruno"

>This is from "The Rise and Fall of The Third Reich", May 1992 edition,
>
>page 324.
>
>In his speech of March 23,1933 to the Reichstag, Hitler paid tribute to
>
>the Christian faiths as "essential elements for safeguarding the soul
>of the German people", promised to respect their rights, and declared
>that his government's ambition is a peaceful accord between church and
>state.
>
>Scarcely 4 months later, the Nazi government concluded a Concordat with
>the Vatican in which it guarranteed the freedom of the Catholic Church
>and the right to regulate her own affairs.
>

>Ten days later, the first steps were taken to dissolve the Catholic
>Youth League.

Not real discrimination against Catholics specifically seeing how all similar
youth groups were banned in order to compel all youths to join _The Hitler
Youth_.

>During the next years, thousands of Catholic priests,
>nuns and lay leaders were arrested, many of them on trumped-up charges
>of "immorality" or "smuggling foreign currency". Erich Klausener,
>leader of Catholic Action, was murdered during the June 30, 1934 purge.

What I find fascinating is that there are conflicting stories on both sides
which I find confusing. Some groups claim the Church aided and abetted Nazism
such as The Simon Wiesenthal Centre and the History Channel regularly airs a
series called _Dead Man's Secrets_ or some similar name and one show deals with
The Odessa File which _documents_ the Vatican providing an underground railroad
so to speak for Nazis escaping prosecution after WWII. The show claims many
priests were involved as well as the Pope and that some Nazis were even secreted
away in the Vatican itself. I am not claiming what I just stated as being true
or false but that it is interesting in light of what you posted above. If Nazis
had done to Catholics what _The Rise and Fall of The Third Reich_ claims then
why would Catholics be involved in granting them safe haven and passage after
WWII? Human nature teaches me that the Catholics would have been hand in hand
with Jews wanting Nazis tried for War Crimes. Something to ponder.

Ciao

Topaz

May 29, 2005, 10:31:17 PM5/29/05

"THE RISE AND FALL OF THE THIRD REICH

...from the very beginning Shirer strongly condemns not only Hitler,
but
the whole of Germany as well. Setting the tone, and the mood, for the
entire book.

In Summary, and using various quotes, Shirer opens up his book saying
that "the German people... so wretched in the generality...Hitler was
the fate of Germany and this fate could not stayed...A thousand years
will pass and the guilt of Germany will not be erased... Those who do
not remember the past are condemned to relive it."

This indictment of Germany sets the tone for the entire book.

Could we consider this to be objetic historiography? Or should we
clasify it as propaganda. Using historical facts; selecting,
organizing and presenting them in such a way as to promote a given
viewpoint on life, and seeking to establish this viewpoint as a
permanent thing.

Within the historical context, at the time it was written, this is the
kind of book a Jewish Historian would have written. A Jew or somebody
who is closely connected with the Jews.

I have spent a few hours searching the internet to possible links
between Shirer and Judaism. I have found very little.

Thus here I am, asking: William L Shirer: =Jews? =Personaly related
to Jews? or =paid by Jews to put their ideas on print, camouflage as
official history?

His anti-nazi, pro Jew viewpoint is evident. Was that only a
reflecion of the mood of the times; Something that arouse from his
personal and intimate knowledge as a reporter in Germany; or did he
was
personally influenced in favor of the Jews.?

Does he recognizes his prejudice on this subject: explains where it
came from and then tries to be as objective as possible?

Webmaster

www.spearhead-uk.com http://www.natvan.com
http://www.thebirdman.org http://www.RealNews247.com