Re: The Origin of Evil

1 view

the 2nd coming of christ

Jun 5, 2007, 12:13:20 AM6/5/07
On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 18:34:55 GMT, "adityawarman"
<djunu...@verizon.net> wrote:

>The Origin of Evil
><< Previous Chapter << >> Next Chapter >>
>[Return to the Table of Contents]
>[Return to Online Books Menu]
>[Return to the Homepage]
>

>To many minds the origin of sin and the reason for its existence are a
>source of great perplexity. They see the work of evil, with its terrible
>results of woe and desolation, and they question how all this can exist
>under the sovereignty of One who is infinite in wisdom, in power, and in
>love.

simple, those humans ideas about love and wisdom are limited to a
human perspective and thus lack the necessary spiritual virtues to
see its true meaning (which virtues only belong in the realm of
spirit).

> Here is a mystery of which they find no explanation. And in their
>uncertainty and doubt they are blinded to truths plainly revealed in God's
>word and essential to salvation.

what word is this, you heard a voice? you mean the Jewish Bible,
or what?!

>There are those who, in their inquiries
>concerning the existence of sin, endeavor to search into that which God has
>never revealed; hence they find no solution of their difficulties;

i don't see how it matters what the source of the knowledge is,
whether it be from Satan or God, as long as the knowledge is
correct, who cares... why does God have to be the one in charge of
revealing it, I don't get it... Am I speaking your language now?

>and such
>as are actuated by a disposition to doubt and cavil seize upon this as an
>excuse for rejecting the words of Holy Writ. Others, however, fail of a
>satisfactory understanding of the great problem of evil, from the fact that
>tradition and misinterpretation have obscured the teaching of the Bible
>concerning the character of God, the nature of His government, and the
>principles of His dealing with sin.

what does it matter that it be solved? I don't understand your
fixation with wanting to know every little detail of whatever God
is doing in the Universe... You understand about a grain of sand's
worth about God, if God was the beach for example, unless you're
on some mind expanding mushrooms, or what not, then you might have
a little more insight, but only while the trip lasts...what good
is that...

>It is impossible to explain the origin of sin so as to give a reason for its
>existence. Yet enough may be understood concerning both the origin and the
>final disposition of sin to make fully manifest the justice and benevolence
>of God in all His dealings with evil. Nothing is more plainly taught in
>
>493
>
>Scripture than that God was in no wise responsible for the entrance of sin;

if it makes you feel better to look at it that way, feel free...

octinomos

--

``Could it be that ... political theater is being staged, very much like the wrestling matches on TV, with the so-called neoconservatives and their so-called enemies, such as Pat Buchanan, loudly making public statements intended to convince the opponents of US foreign policy actions that these actions are the fault of 'the Jews'?'' --Jared Israel/Emperor's Clothes

Azure

Jun 5, 2007, 2:14:03 AM6/5/07
The guy missed the idea of the "2 Paths", Jehovah and Jerah.
If the right wingers are going to be running all over heaven, I ain't
going.
God said there's 2.
Do what?
HEL is a Heaven.
Nasty Hittites.

Tani Jantsang ©

Jun 14, 2007, 1:10:27 AM6/14/07

"adityawarman" <djunu...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> The Origin of Evil
> << Previous Chapter << >> Next Chapter >>
> [Return to the Table of Contents]
> [Return to Online Books Menu]
> [Return to the Homepage]
>

> To many minds the origin of sin and the reason for its existence are a
> source of great perplexity.

Look, I don't mean to be insulting, but the people who can't fathom what
they have pre-labeled "evil," - well, they are just stupid - it's like they
don't even know what it is they don't know. Chimps march on and slaughter
other chimps in other chimp tribes (real chimps, they DO this) - because
that is what chimps DO under certain situations. We can't exactly ASK them
why they did it - but they do this behavior from time to time. SO?

They see the work of evil, with its terrible
> results of woe and desolation, and they question how all this can exist
> under the sovereignty of One who is infinite in wisdom, in power, and in
> love.

There is where they make their error. The God of the OT demanded outright
genocide, outright segregation (convenant, forbidden to marry into certain
tribes, etc. OK to slaughter them, even commanded to slaughter them). Is
that evil? Well, to the God of the OT and the people that were His Chosen,
it was most certainly NOT evil. OK? How about - was that evil to the
people that ended up slaughtered, the women and children enslaved if they
weren't slaughtered? Sure it was. It's purely RELATIVE. What is evil for
one, might be very good for another. What is a blessing to one, might be a
horror to another. This is where such non-thinking people err. They posit
this Love thing. What love? Love is something HUMANS know about, write
about, sing songs about. Dogs obviously feel some kind of love. Do
lizards? How about fish? Worms? From what I can see, this love thing is
something MAMMALS feel. It's just one more biological thing, it serves a
survival purpose.

Their error is first, postulating an omnicient, omnipresent and omnipotent
Deity. Next, their error is in assuming that this Thing knows what HUMAN
LOVE is - or that they know what "Deitific Love" could be like. HA! What
hubris. What stupid pride! What assumptions! Their problem is that they
are choosing to read 1/10th of the book they call holy. They should read
the WHOLE THING and see how much stuff this God accepts and even demands,
that anyone today would call EVIL or HATE. Genocide! And that's pretty
much true of any other Gods that people decided "told them to do things."

Here is a mystery of which they find no explanation. And in their
> uncertainty and doubt they are blinded to truths plainly revealed in God's
> word and essential to salvation.

Which God? The Jews have no Salvation doctrine - they apparently don't need
one. OK, you mean Jesus then? He did NOT come to change the OLD LAW - and
that means the stuff in the OT. He furthermore said only to preach HIS
stuff to the lost sheep of the Israelite peoples. Well, they knew where
Judah's people were, and they probably knew where Benjamin's people were -
the others were mixed in and identifying as nationalities of other nations.
That is the ONLY people Jesus said to preach his stuff to. Nobody else.
!!! That religion is EXCLUSIVIST.

There are those who, in their inquiries
> concerning the existence of sin, endeavor to search into that which God

> has never revealed; hence they find no solution of their difficulties; and

> such as are actuated by a disposition to doubt and cavil seize upon this
> as an excuse for rejecting the words of Holy Writ.

In other words, they have run into VIA NEGATIVA (Ok, this is time for Tyagi
to show up....). The words of the Holy Writ, even if they were inspired by
something called Ya-oo-uul (JHVH) were written down by primitive shepherd
people that weren't too bright when it came to cosmology and biology. They
seem to have had a keen understanding of genetics, tho - probably BECAUSE
they were shepherds. They practiced eugenics big time.

Others, however, fail of a
> satisfactory understanding of the great problem of evil, from the fact
> that tradition and misinterpretation have obscured the teaching of the
> Bible concerning the character of God, the nature of His government, and
> the principles of His dealing with sin.

Do you know what was considered sin? For instance, ANY mixing with Moabites
and other people related to Canaan - was SIN - and that included mixing even
after the 10th generation. That was SIN to do that, and it was punished,
usually by God telling the Israelites or Hebrews to exterminate the people
that did this mixing or just cast them completely out of their own families,
cut them out. That is why Isaac is referred to as Abram's ONLY son, when in
fact he was Abram's 2nd son. Ishmael and his mother were cast away, shut
out - disowned. OK? That's IN the OT, loud and clear.

> It is impossible to explain the origin of sin so as to give a reason for
> its existence.

It all depends on WHAT you decide to call sin. Certainly, genocide isn't
sin when JHVH demanded his people go and DO it. Lots of things that
Christians consider sins, were not sins if they were done by the people JHVH
Chose.

Yet enough may be understood concerning both the origin and the
> final disposition of sin to make fully manifest the justice and
> benevolence of God in all His dealings with evil. Nothing is more plainly
> taught in
>
> 493
>
> Scripture than that God was in no wise responsible for the entrance of

> sin; that there was no arbitrary withdrawal of divine grace, no deficiency
> in the divine government, that gave occasion for the uprising of
> rebellion. Sin is an intruder, for whose presence no reason can be given.
> It is mysterious, unaccountable; to excuse it is to defend it. Could
> excuse for it be found, or cause be shown for its existence, it would
> cease to be sin. Our only definition of sin is that given in the word of
> God; it is "the transgression of the law;" it is the outworking of a
> principle at war with the great law of love which is the foundation of the
> divine government.

Love for his chosen people - not for anyone else. That's clear in the OT.
The problem with these people thinking this way is that they pretty much
INVENT another God (different from the OT JHVH) and then expect things from
this God. But that's the problem. They invented it. They don't get what
they expect - not ever.

> Before the entrance of evil there was peace and joy throughout the
> universe. All was in perfect harmony with the Creator's will. Love for God
> was supreme, love for one another impartial.

Who told you this? Where does it even say this in the Jewish Book? The
only time there was eternal harmony was before the Big Bang - when there was
only the Eternal Voidness. But that's eastern stuff. The Cosmos by nature
is FULL of conflict and strife - even in the way planets are born, in the
way stars are born, in the way galaxies go into demise, etc. Whoever said
that paragraph is making up happy fantasy of his own. He is not dealing
with REALITY. He might be an enemy of the "what is." Then he'll have to
either give up his FOLLY and get a life for once - or duck out of the world
with the Big Split (and now it's again time for Tyagi to make an
appearance.....).

Christ the Word, the Only Begotten
> of God, was one with the eternal Father,--one in nature, in character, and
> in purpose,--the only being in all the universe that could enter into all
> the counsels and purposes of God. By Christ the Father wrought in the
> creation of all heavenly beings. "By Him were all things created, that are
> in heaven, . . . whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities,
> or powers" (Colossians 1:16); and to Christ, equally with the Father, all
> heaven gave allegiance.

You are talking NT. OK, but JC did not come to change the law in the OT -
and what JHVH had his people do (like genocide) is all over the OT. It's
there. These people concerned with all this shit - just decided to overlook
that stuff in the OT.

> The law of love being the foundation of the government of God, the
> happiness of all created beings depended upon their perfect accord with
> its great principles of righteousness. God desires from all His creatures
> the service of love--homage that springs from an intelligent appreciation
> of His character. He takes no pleasure in a forced allegiance, and to all
> He grants freedom of will, that they may render Him voluntary service.
>
> But there was one that chose to pervert this freedom. Sin originated with
> him who, next to Christ, had been most honored of God and who stood
> highest in power and glory among the inhabitants of heaven. Before his
> fall, Lucifer was

Lucifer is a misreading of the OT by Origin, the moron. Lucifer is the star
VENUS, nothing more. You can't postulate some other being out there when
there is this omnicient, omnipotent and omnipresent God. It just falls
flat. Which is why Jews hate Christians for stealing their book and making
Egyptoid caca out of it.

Snip the rest of the Miltonian bullshit. Pure invention.