I'm just UPDATIN' and you know this.....man!

HOOPTY2112

Dec 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/10/97

Well folks---now that I have a little bit o'time to myself here I figured I
better give y'all my latest UPDATE

Welcome to alt.religion.wicca This is a place where we discuss the
religion of Wicca and what it means to us-----at least most of us do, anyway.
However you might have noticed that we are having a little trouble with people
who post things to deliberately make us angry. These folks we call "trolls." It
is one thing to vehemently disagree with what somebody has to say, and quite
another thing to post material that is offensive for the sake of drawing
flames.This is not a moderated group, and thus we will have problems with
trolls, spammers, and flames from time to time. I hope this will be a guide for
all of you as to what is going on in this newsgroup.

1) Who is Raven Blackbane, and why is she going on about her "scrys?"

Raven Blackbane (RBB for short) is the invention of two young men in the
Manassas VA area named Rob Harrell and Tim Anderson. Occasionally a young woman
named Leigh Anne helps provide a female voice when one is needed. They are
notorious for posting "scrys" that are really backdated CNN stories( this means
that the date and time are changed to look like the "scry" occured before the
CNN story). At one point CNN got a story wrong (so did RBB in "her" "scry").
This made their strategy obvious. During the Au Pair trial, RBB made posts that
alternately claimed that the Au Pair will be let go and that the Au Pair was
going to be repeatedly raped during her life sentence. This way, when the
verdict was finally announced, they had both bases covered---and they claimed
they caused the judge to let the girl go. They get quite upset whenever RBBs
veracity is challenged and they begin to threaten people----just watch the
follow-up posts to this one for a good laugh. RBB has stated many times that
their goal is the destruction of this newsgroup by any means necessary. You may
have wanted to complain to anneli.com---but Rob Harrell and Tim Anderson are
the ones who own anneli.com. It is best to killfile all posts from anneli.com
and/or complain to crosslink.com (anneli's provider). Killfiling is the best
thing you can do to a troll like this---replies only feed them--and it is not
worth it.

2) Somebody at goodnet.com is saying nasty things to me!!

This is ren, another one of this newsgroup's trolls.This one is a
thirty-year-old teenager in the Phoenix, AZ area. He has gone by many names:

ren, 3Ambers, Inamra, ElvisJr, and Felixxx

You can tell a ren post from the fact that it comes from goodnet.com (unless
you get as expert as many of us have gotten at spotting the characteristic
immaturity). There are other people from goodnet, but they do not tend to post
here. Goodnet seems to be a legit provider (unlike anneli), so I would hesitate
to killfile all of goodnet---just the known and any new aliases of ren. Ren has
gone off the deep end recently and has joined the ranks of the trolls with a
slew of juvenile insults and vows to destroy this group in the name of the
Goddess of Chaos (this ain't D&D folks---but ren doesn't seem to have caught on
yet). If he insults you, laugh it off and chalk it up to the disturbed
ramblings of a disturbed mind. For a good example of this, just read the follow
ups that I know ren is going to do (he's done 'em every time I have posted this
Update) If he decides to get all contrary on me and not post them---just check
out some of his old ones on Deja News.

3) OOH I get so MAD when I read these posts from Carmelo

Don't worry about Cornholio (as I like to call him), and most of all do
not reply to him. Carmelo Lisciotto is a man who lives in the suburbs of
Chicago, Illinois. He posts on this group as a Christian preacher---but did you
know that he posts to Christian groups as a satanist? We all wondered why until
someone found him posting on a BDSM group advertising for someone to humiliate
him. Seems he gets sexual thrills from being flamed---he whacks off to the
flames (Eww). This is why flaming only encourages him. If you see his
posts-----DO NOT RESPOND and update das Killfile.

4) I hear folks are getting killfiled right and left in this newsgroup!!!

Well, it seems folks here are getting frustrated at the seeming lack of
action against the trolls on this newsgroup. Trouble is---and I have no doubts
on this---if this were a Christian newsgroup somebody would have cracked down
on these bozos a long time ago. Right now, a moderated newsgroup is in the
planning stages---and it is not being discussed on this newsgroup at this
stage. If you want to help plan, e-mail Shiva--she can hook you up (maybe).
Menolly and Pandora have gotten extremely frustrated--even to the point of
turning against the group---because they have not seen this action. Well, like
all things that are worth the wait--ya gotta wait. Some folks are upset because
they do not feel like the right course of action is being taken and they want
to try something else. Fine---but many of us want to give what is being tried
now half a chance to work before we change the game plan. Menolly and Pandora
are excellent contributors---but right now they are very frustrated with this
group. I think killfiling them is going way too far, and throws the baby out
with the bathwater. They have done nothing like what the Three Stooges above
have done and don't deserve it. There is a movement going to killfile regular
responders to trolls. This all started when a person named Amber Rose decided
to respond to ALL of Carmelo's spew even after being e-mailed constantly about
why she should not reply. Many of us suspect it was ren in another disguise
trying to disrupt the group. RESPONSES FEED TROLLS---so please do not respond.
If you don't want to read their spew, killfile them. If you don't want to take
my word for all this, check it out yourself at Deja News.

I hope this post was informative and helpful to all of you on this newsgroup.
Bright Blessings!!!!!!!!!

HOOPT...@aol.com
"You came in that?
you're braver than