Sun Myung Moon!!

altreligion unification

May 26, 2009, 3:30:32 AM5/26/09
to grananav...@chello.at
Moon, The Millionaire

PART-1 |

Moon, The Millionaire ~What did you get for your birthday? Was it a
nice sweater, a new tie, a nice dinner, gift certificate for a popular
store? Maybe several of these? Everyone wants something special for
their birthday, don't they? As evidenced in the quote below, so does
Rev. Moon:

Excerpt of speech: Sun Myung Moon
Belvedere International Training Center
October 24, 1999

"My 80th birthday will be one of a kind in God's dispensation, because
a new millennium begins from that point. So we need to invest every
effort to make a gift. Isn't this wrong, for a parent to talk to his
children about what to give him? But you will be humiliated and
punished if you do not do it and I want you to become the best
possible men and women. When we go over this hill, if anyone has more
wealth than I do, you will be stuck there."

~Well, most of us wouldn't demand that others give us the best
possible gift, and most of us wouldn't threaten humility and
punishment for a gift not being good enough, but then most of us are
not the "messiah" and this word seems to justify Moon in everything he
does or says. And his followers listen to what he says too. Don't
believe me? Have a look at how they responded to Moon's threats. Below
are four "gifts" Moon is receiving from his hard working followers for
his 80th Birthday this year, which are particularly noteworthy.

What's Moon Getting For His Birthday?

1. BMW 750
2. Mercedes s500
3. A New Magnificent Palace with Marble Floors on a huge lake in
Korea

Oh yeah, and did I mention...

4. A Fully Customized Private Jet Plane From Japan

~Not bad, as birthday's go, huh? But let me assure you, Sun Myung Moon
is not a man that cares at all about money. No, really. Sure, a couple
of brand new cars and a regal palace and a jet plane, are nifty and
all, but Moon is really trying to bring peace and happiness to the
world, not just make lots of money for himself. At least that is what
the Unification Church members believe. They actually believe that
Moon is not really happy at all that he lives a life of wealth and
luxury. In fact, Moon is diligently working to save starving Africans,
and luxury cars and palaces and jet planes are merely tools he needs
to accomplish that feat. They believe that. Not because it is
reasonable for an intelligent person to believe such a lie and an
obvious contradiction, but they believe it for one reason, and one
reason only: Moon said so! That's good enough for them.

Here is an excerpt of one of Rev. Moon's (Father) unbelievably
ridiculous comments given in a speech to his members:

The Grand Clean Up Period In The History Of Good And Evil
by Sun Myung Moon
June 23, 1996
Belvedere--International Training Center
Translator--Peter Kim

You women want to change your clothing every day. The animals don't
change their clothing every day. We have to learn a lesson from them.
It is good to have people sell their excess clothing and donate the
money to those people who are starving. That is good. Every day up to
60,000 people are dying of starvation. Mothers who have many children
are all dying together because of lack of food. Yet we Americans do
not feel their sorrow and pain as we sit here comfortably. That is why
we are in the position to receive punishment. But Father has been
preparing to save these people for the past thirty or forty years.
Father even tells Mother that when she goes to the bathroom, only
flush the toilet after three times of use. This way we can conserve
water.

By saving money in this way Father wants to give money to Africa. If
you maintain this kind of tradition and spirit in your house then your
family will prosper. When Father returns home he takes off his socks.
The reason he does so is to save the wear and tear on his socks. When
Father stays at hotels for public speeches, these hotels provide good
and luxurious towels in all different sizes. Father never touches the
large towels. He only uses the small towel and wash cloth. He leaves
the others untouched. American people waste far too much. How can we
compensate for this kind of waste. While we are wasting this kind of
material in our lives here, millions of people are dying. How can we
compensate for this?

When Father speaks to you like this for many hours his underclothes
become completely soaked. Yet if Father keeps them on for a few hours
in a cool place they dry out and he can wear them for three days
without changing. Mother notices that and takes them away from Father
to put in the laundry bag. But Father sometimes goes there and takes
the clothing out again. That is the kind of spirit Father is
explaining to you here. Father doesn't care what others think of him
for wearing underwear for several days without changing. His
motivation is to save the world. Do you understand this spirit?

~Well, I suppose it is possible, as Moon says above, that he only lets
his wife flush their toilet every third time they use it, to save
water (Yuck!) and I suppose it is possible that Moon really wears the
same underwear for three days in a row (Yuck!) so he can save laundry
money for starving Africans, but you know....how many more starving
Africans could Moon feed if he:

SOLD ALL HIS MANSIONS COSTING TENS OF MILLIONS!

And...

SOLD HIS EXPENSIVE YAUGHTS!

And...

CASHED IN THE JET AND PALACE AND BOUGHT THE STARVING AFRICANS SOME
FOOD!

~That would save a heck of alot more money than dirty underwear, don't
you think? But, then logic shows us clearly that Moon couldn't give a
hoot about starving people, and he enjoys well, his very exhorbitant
and wealthy lifestyle. But is he really wealthy? The answer
is..."Maybe." Let me explain:

Is Moon Really Wealthy?

Me Standing In Front Of One Of Moon's Mansions ~There is only one
reason....well, maybe several, that this question is complicated.
There is no doubt that Sun Myung Moon lives a life of luxury
comparable with the elite of our world. He eats off the finest china,
drinks from the best crystal, is chauferred in expensive luxury cars,
and has mansions costing tens of millions of dollars spread all
throughout the world. I have been to 4 of his mansions in America and
one in Korea, and he has many many more. There is also no doubt that
Moon controls probably billions of dollars in funds and properties
throughout the world. One Of Moon's FactoriesHe has been described as
a multi-millionaire Korean industrialist because he owns factories
that produce everything from Military Weapons and Steel to Automobiles
and Ships. The question is "How much of it does he own personally?"
That is the complicated part. Moon has cleverly and carefully hidden
his money and investments by combining them in his religious
organizations. In fact, for Moon, money and religion are inseparable.
Politics too. For Moon, everything he does is "religious" and his tax-
exempt churches in many nations have helped conceal much. Let me give
an example how this works:

LET'S BEGIN WITH:

UNIFICATION CHURCH INTERNATIONAL

Which Owns:

ONE-UP ENTERPRISES

Which Owns:

NEWSWORLD COMMUNICATION INC.

Which Owns:

THE WASHINGTON TIMES NEWSPAPER

~Ok, so The Unification Church owns businesses which in turn own The
Washington Times Newspaper, we already knew that, didn't we? No. No
one said: "The Unification Church". The first name on our list above
is Unification Church International. That is not a "church", or even a
"non-profit group", but instead, it is a For-Profit Holding Company
located in Falls Church, Virginia.

So, who owns U.C.I.? Well, that is a jealously guarded secret. As a
private holding company it does not have to disclose that information
to the public. Yet in speeches, Moon claims that he is the one that
has poured nearly one billion dollars into the Washington Times. Now
you can see why it gets complicated. And Moon likes it that way.

Where Does The Money Come From?

Rev. Moon poses in front of posters of himself ~I have to laugh, every
time I hear the old tale that goes something like this: "Sun Myung
Moon began a new religious movement that rose from obscurity in
America into a major presence in this nation in only a few short
years. A remarkable achievement."

. Moon and his comrades, like to present the image of a tiny little
movement rising from nothing, with little help, as if God just came
right down from heaven himself and raised this poor little church from
nothingness into a major force in American society. The little known
reality, is that Moon was already a multi-millionaire before he ever
step foot on American soil. He rented out huge venues like Yankee
Stadium and Madison Square Gardens and many more, where he gave
speeches surrounded by elaborate and expensive decorations, banners
and all the trappings. Millions of dollars were poured into these
events. Buses (dozens of them) were rented and used to bring people
from the communities into the stadiums to fill the seats and give the
appearance of a successful crusade-type religious event. Oh, and did I
mention that a little bit of money was spent on Public Relations for
these events?

Here is a quote from a 1974 speech Moon made to members:

The Person Of Central Value
by Sun Myung Moon
Barrytown, New York
August 16,1974
Master Speaks
Translated by Mrs. Won Pok Choi

Our focal point is to arouse the attention of the American people and
have the nation of America back us up by recognizing us. If we are
successful in the Madison Square Garden project, the whole nation of
America cannot take us lightly. For our public relations aspect, we
are using a company which is very successful in its line, and are
spending almost $300,000.00 dollars for that.

~Well, we can debate on other aspects of Moon's religion, but you have
to agree that when you rent Yankee Stadium and dozens of buses to
bring people in, and take out full page ads in major newspapers, and
to top it all off, put out $300,000 bucks for some professional
PR...well, gee? You should stir up some attention, huh?

Yes indeed. Moon was not going to clunk into America like a nobody.
Moon had already become rich from businesses in Korea that were very
successful and had established a strong presence in Japan. Businesses
were raking in millions of dollars, and church members were forking
over donations, and Moon was ready now to take America by storm too!
In Part-3 we will discuss how it all started.

So factories and businesses are the money source?

Factories in Korea only represent part of Moon's enormous money-
machine. It has long been suspected that one of the primary sources of
church funds come from Japan. Moon has a large membership of devoted
followers in Japan, which one newspaper article estimated at 600,000
followers. If the Unification Church was the one supplying the figures
to the media, then I would expect that those numbers were exagerated.
Still, assuming even 1/10th of that amount, if Moon has even 60,000
followers in Japan, they are capable of collecting enormous funds for
Moon's projects and his own wealthy lifestyle. Just what are they
capable of? ...

PART-2 The Japanese Connection

Moon, The Millionaire ~They sleep 6 to a room, in cramped and dingy
quarters in one of the richest nations of the world. The women leave
their young children with whomever is available, and they hit the
streets in large numbers to begin a long hard day's work for their
messiah. They are armed with vases and trinkets they claim hold
spiritual powers and will bestow good fortune upon those that purchase
them. Door to door they go as quickly as possible. Sometimes the
"pitch" has been threatening, as the seller speaks in deliberate and
measured tones, telling the person that bad spirits of their Japanese
Samurai ancestors are bringing misfortune to their family and to be
free they must purchase the item the seller has. Many are convinced
and they do purchase. They purchase items that have been marked up as
much as 10 times. In extreme cases, vases costing only $21.00 dollars
to produce, have been sold for $8300.00 to bring the purchaser good
fortune or free them from evil spirits. Thousands of these sellers go
about their mission. They are like a small army. They are Sun Myung
Moon's "ants".

The Age Of Great Victory In The History Of God's Providence
by Sun Myung Moon
April 23, 1995
Belvedere -- International Training Center
Translator - Peter Kim

Do you live like a grasshopper, just playing and eating and enjoying
your life? [No!] Yes! On the other hand, the Japanese represent ants,
who do not know anything but work. For their morning greeting, they
say, "arigato." That means there are ten ants there. When Japanese
people come to New York City they work until midnight, 1:00 or 2:00
a.m. At 4:00 or 5:00 a.m. they are already turning on the lights to
start working again.

The Leaders' Meeting - June 9, 1995
by Sun Myung Moon
June 9, 1995
East Garden
Translator -- Peter Kim

If we compare Japanese and Americans we can see that the Japanese are
like ants who are constantly working, even though they may move
slowly, taking small steps. Whereas Americans can be compared to
grasshoppers, taking the easy way. You may have a good time during
summer but when winter comes the grasshopper will suffer. But Reverend
Moon is working even harder than those Japanese ants.

~You would think that Moon would have a litle more respect than to
call his best money-makers "ants", but that is all part of the control
game. Moon is shrewd, and it is imperative that he keep these members
in military style regimentation. After all, this is one of the main
sources of fuel of Sun Myung Moon's world-wide empire. Much was
learned about the Japanese branch of Moon's money tree in 1984, when
several high ranking church officials in Japan, left the movement and
provided details of the Japanese UC operations to the Washington Post,
for an article they published on the organization. It was learned that
the Japanese church members regularly raised $4000.00 per month each.
That over 100 million dollars per year was raised by their efforts,
and over 90% percent of the revenue ultimately was sent out of Japan
and used for Moon's various projects. According to the former
officials, the Japanese church members had a quota of 2.5 million
dollars per month to be sent into the United States and earmarked for
the Washington Times Newspaper. The paper, is a power building, but
money losing enterprise that has cost the Reverend nearly 1 billion
dollars to keep alive since it's inception, by Moon's own estimates.
Much of the sales in Japan are achieved according to the former
officials by sometimes high-pressure sales tactics designed to
capitalize upon Japanese religious superstitions. In some examples, UC
members have apparently targeted widows, telling them that their dead
husbands were suffering in hell, and that purchasing certain items or
making donations to the Unification Church in Japan was the way to
free their husband's from hell.

~These types of high pressure sales, while extremely successful, have
now brought heavy burdens to Moon's church there. The Unification
Church was recently the target of the largest consumer fraud
investigation in the history of Japan. Over 300 citizens joined a
class action suit against the church, which has been settling them out
of court, with figures reaching $150 million dollars. This has put a
strain on Moon's finances, as has the economic ills of Asia the last
several years, which forced 5 of Moon's companies in Korea into
receivership and has put them over 1 Billion dollars in debt. While
other Moon projects have been closed or downsized, the Washington
Times remains a top priority in America, and the money continues to
pour in from somewhere. Recently, a Robert Parry article revealed that
several reporters from Argentine Newspapers, have questioned top
officials of the Unification Church in South America, about
allegations that the church engaged in drug trafficking and gun
running. These allegations were of course, denied by the UC
representative, but questions persist.

~Certainly, in spite of the problems faced in Japan, the Japanese
Unification Church appears to remain a major force in Moonie
fundraising. Several years ago, a reporter from a television station
in Japan told me that there were reports that the Unification Church
members in Japan were being asked to max-out their credit cards and
even sell their houses, turning in the funds to the church as
donations. Some of this can be confirmed by Moon himself, as the
following quote shows:

SUN MYUNG MOON
LEADERS' MEETING
December 22, 1994 East Garden
Translator - Peter Kim

As you know, our Japanese Church has been selling their houses and all
their assets to support our activities in America. If you're not sure
about it, go and visit Japan and see for yourself. By the same token,
if our American members, all of you, are willing to sell your houses
and assets in order to save South America, and contribute the money to
help the poor people there, then the unification between North America
and South America will naturally take place.

~While Moon is encouraging his members to sell their houses and assets
for the sake of the Unification Church, Moon himself is getting a
brand new palace with marble floors on a huge waterfront property in
Korea, as well as several new luxury cars and a fully customized Jet
plane from Japan, only a few of the "gifts" Moon will receive for his
80th birthday.

Happy World?

~Happy, is not the world of Moon's Japanese followers that sacrifice
everything they have for what they believe is "God's Will", but Happy
World, is the title of the major company that sales of the pagodas and
other items are achieved through. According to a Washington Post
article, Happy World is controlled by Moon's church. A former high
ranking official claimed that the Tokyo based operation that sells the
products imported by Happy World, had sent over $800 million dollars
from Japan to be used in Moon's worldwide projects. That was in 1984.
How much has it been now? Moon claims 2 Billion dollars.

And what has the money gone to support?

Excerpt from 1984 Washington Post Article:

Moon's Japanese Profits Bolster Efforts in U.S.
By John Burgess and Michael Isikoff
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, September 16, 1984

The diversity of church businesses is enormous: the church has
invested more than $60 million in Uruguay in recent years, buying the
country's largest luxury hotel, its fourth-largest bank, a publishing
company and large tracts of farm land.

It owns four South Korean manufacturing companies, including a ginseng
tea company, a titanium firm and a machine-tool and weapons
manufacturer, that had estimated total assets of $198 million last
year, according to figures published in the Maeil Economic Daily
newspaper in Seoul. It also operates tuna fleets and fish-processing
plants in Gloucester, Mass., Norfolk and Alaska and owns newspapers in
Montivideo, Cyprus, Tokyo, New York and Washington.

In the Washington area alone, besides The Times, the church owns a
downtown construction firm, Monumental Construction and Moulding Co.;
an Alexandria television production firm, Tele-Color Studio, and a
number of McLean-based companies, including Unification Church
International (UCI), which was incorporated in 1977 by Bo Hi Pak, and
has been described by federal investigators as the ultimate church
holding company in the United States.

UCI owns One Up Enterprises, which in turn owns News World
Communications, which in turn owns The Washington Times, according to
interviews with former church members and corporate records on file in
the District and in Fairfax.

Another McLean-based UCI subsidiary, U.S. Foods Corp., collects
$497,310 a year from the D.C. government for office space it rents to
the Department of Human Services and other city agencies at 605 G St.
NW, according to city records.

~This was a 1984 article, and I assure you that it represents only a
small sampling of what Moon is up to now. Recently, as Moon has made
strides to see his church go more mainstream, he is also doing the
same with his businesses, and making more partnerships with major
corporations. His New Yorker Hotel for example will now come under the
Ramada flag, and there was news just this year, in January of 2000,
that Fiat was involved in a partnership planned for North Korea, where
one of Moon's companies, Pyonghwa Motors would help produce 10,000
Fiats for export each year. Pyonghwa Motors has invested $10 million
so far, and plans to invest a projected $300 million dollars into the
project. So, the money continues to flow, but how did it all begin?

PART-3 Moon Money - A Brief History

Moon Money - A Brief History

PART-1 | PART-2 | PART-3

Korean woman with machine gun pointed at her head ~There is truth to
the Moonie folklore of Sun Myung Moon being born in an impoverished
country of mostly poor farmers. A country that would also suffer the
devastations and horrors of what was the Korean War. A war we are now
learning, may have had as many questionable motives and possibly even
more attrocities, than the Vietnam War produced. It is also true, that
rising from the smoldering ashes of that life in Korea would be a man
that believed himself to be Lord of the Second Advent who would become
a religious figure known worldwide, in his own lifetime. Money played
a major role in that, and though we have explored some of it's current
sources, as in the Japanese Connection (Part-2), the questions remain
of where it all started? How did it grow into the diversified empire
that it has become. I hope to provide some of those answers in the
following article.

Where Did The Money Begin?

~Moon owes the great wealth he enjoys to two things:

1. His followers
2. His ability to manipulate them.

Moon has surrounded himself with loyal and talented people, he then
uses those people's talents for his personal gain, in the name of
serving the "Messiah" on Earth. One of those followers in particular
put Moon in a new league as he was building his wealth. That follower
was: Sung Pyo Hong

Hong had joined the Unification Church in 1957, and been matched as
one of the 36 couples, which were in effect the beginning of mass-
marriage spectacles in the UC. Hong's daughter later was married to
Moon's son Hyo Jin Moon, and it is this son that was later exposed as
a cocaine addict and spouse abuser, detailed in a book by his now X-
wife: Nansook Hong. In her book Shadow of the Moons she explains how
her father was in fact the creator of the company that would become
the first building block for many of Moon's future business successes.
That company is Il Hwa.

Before joining Moon's church, Mr. Hong had achieved a degree in
Pharmacy and after becoming a thoroughly loyal follower, Moon decided
to utilize his skills and knowledge in this area. Nansook states that
by this time Moon had already been living well off his followers, and
his church was now growing in Japan as well. One of Moon's Japanese
followers, told him that Ginseng was very popular in Japan, and that
it could also become popular in Korea as well. Moon listened to the
advice, and gave Mr. Hong $500 dollars, telling him to begin a company
that would sell Ginseng Products.

As Nansook Said In Her Book:

Nansook Hong
In The Shadow Of The Moons
Pg. 50

My father had never actually seen the ginseng root, though he knew
that for centuries the perennial herb had been credited by those in
the East with extraordinary curative and restorative powers. Ginseng
was believed to retard aging, promote sexual virility, and boost
energy.

He began the most profitable pharmaceutical company in Korea with a
trip to the local market to get a look at what all the fuss was about.
For the next ten years, I barely saw my father as he worked to build
Il Hwa into a corporate giant specializing in Korean ginseng products
including tea, capsules, extract, and beverages. He was gone when I
woke up in the morning and he was still at work when I went to sleep
at night.

My father transformed an idea into a major moneymaking enterprise for
Sun Myung Moon. One of Il Hwa's products, McCol, is a soft drink
almost as popular as Coca-Cola in Korea. Il Hwa's McCol and Ginseng-Up
and it's bottled mineral water have made the company Korea's largest
soft drink manufacturer, with 62 percent of the market share and
exports to more than thirty countries.

My father's impetus for creating McCol had as much to do with serving
the poor as building profits for Il Hwa. The main ingredient of McCol
is barley. It's popularity - Sun Myung Moon drinks it even in America
- created a market for barley farmers, who live on subsistence
earnings in Korea. The son of a farmer, my father toiled not for
earthly riches but for heavenly reward. The riches went to Sun Myung
Moon.

~Hong was not the only talented follower that Moon would use in his
insatiable quest for money. Another early follower was Hyo Min Eu, who
was the cousin of former Unification Church President Hyo Won Eu. Hyo
Min Eu invented the air gun and it was mass-produced and sold very
successfully in Asia and America as well. Of course, one should not
forget that aside from the businesses and soliciting of donations, the
members upon joining usually donated all their possessions and bank
accounts to the cult. It was for this reason alone that Moon often
encouraged members to witness to wealthy people. This is successful in
several ways. The idea that everything a member owns or aquires
belongs to True Parents (Moon and his wife) is a very profitable
enterprise in itself. If a wealthy person joins and donates his
possessions and money, then the reward to Moon is immediate. But often
children of wealthy people have joined. When that occurs, there is a
slight chance that the parent may be swayed into joining. I have
corresponded in fact, with a man that first lost his daughter to the
cult, then his own wife, who insisted they live no longer as husband
and wife but as brother and sister without a sexual relationship.
After time of course, this leads to a distance due to the lack of
physical intimacy as well as the inevitable distance in heart because
step by step allegiance goes to the cult and to Moon himself rather
than the spouse. In his case, this occurred and divorce followed. Now
Moon receives not just the daughter, but the Mother, who is likely to
receive money from the divorce settlement. Then one other source from
this process, is inheritance. Many of Moon's members have received
large inheritances. If you think about it, even people of modest
means, may have a home that has been paid off. When Moon's follower
inherits the property, it may be used for the cult, or more likely
sold and the profits dutifully turned over to Moon. In Japan, one
reporter told me, that he had received numerous tips that Moon's
followers there were maxing out their credit card debt to supply funds
to Moon's cult. They likely will never pay off the huge debts and will
be broken financially even if they later leave the group. These are
the lives Moon lays to waste while he lives in luxury and comfort.

~Yet another source of funding may be from sources connected to
organized crime. Robert Parry detailed how Moon's church had made
inroads with former war criminals in Japan, one of which became a
billionaire through gambling and speed boat racing, which is a billion
dollar industry in Japan.

At the same time, Kim Jong-Pil was in charge of South Korea's
negotiations with Japan to improve bilateral relations between the two
former enemies. Those talks put him in touch with key Japanese
rightists, Yoshio Kodama and Ryoichi Sasakawa, who had been jailed as
fascist war criminals at the end of World War II.

A few years after the war, however, both were freed by U.S. military
intelligence officials who wanted help in combatting communist labor
unions and student strikes. Kodama and Sasakawa obliged by dispatching
right-wing goon squads to break up demonstrations. They also allegedly
grew rich from their association with the yakuza, a shadowy organized
crime syndicate that profited off drug smuggling, gambling and
prostitution in Japan and Korea. Behind-the-scenes, Kodama and
Sasakawa became power-brokers in Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic
Party.

Kim Jong-Pil's contacts with these right-wing leaders proved
invaluable to the Unification Church, which had made only a few
converts in Japan by the early 1960s. Immediately after Kim Jong-Pil
opened the door to Kodama and Sasakawa in late 1962, 50 leaders of an
ultra-nationalist Japanese Buddhist sect converted en masse to the
Unification Church.

According to David E. Kaplan and Alec Dubro in their authoritative
book, Yakuza, "Sasakawa became an advisor to Reverend Sun Myung Moon's
Japanese branch of the Unification Church" and collaborated with Moon
in building far-right anti-communist organizations in Asia.

Moon has shown that he is no respecter of persons, when it comes to
cash money. There have been questions recently by reporters in
Argentina that Moon's church may be involved in drugs and gun running,
but when the question was posed to the Unification Church president in
Argentina, the response was that the allegations were unfounded and
that Moon's church is simply an organization of true love dedicated to
making moral families. Hmmm.... This denial remians questionable when
there is documented testimony that Moon and his representatives have
had dealings with very shady figures, for decades, including former
war criminals, murderous dictators and others.

~Charitable organizations also, no doubt, contribute to the Moon money-
tree. The Unification Church has begun dozens of "charitable"
organizations that are free to collect donations through various
means, and all tax exempt. There are many questions as to how much of
these donations are actually used for the charity work, and how much
ends up somewhere else. It is very beneficial to Moon to maintain his
position as a religious leader, because it disguises his funds and
creates confusion when the monies are transfered through a chain of
other organizations connected with or founded by Moon.

New York Times
Saturday, October 30, 1976

NEW YORK ACCUSES SEOUL GROUP

ALBANY, N.Y., Oct. 29 [1976] (UPI) - The Korean Cultural and Freedom
Foundation [Pak's organization], with offices in Washington and Seoul,
was charged with violations of New York's laws on charitable
fundraising today, the state Board of Social Welfare announced.

The investigation involved $1.5 million collected by several
subsidiary charity programs, including one which raised $1.3 million
and distributed only $122,673 for the intended program, according to a
statement released by the board.

Bernard Shapiro, the board's executive director, said the State
Attorney General had been asked to obtain a stay barring the agency
from further solicitation in the state.

New York Times
Saturday, October 30, 1976

During the mid-1960's, Mr. Pak told a one-time family friend of his
plans for the foundation. The friend, Robert W. Roland, a former
airline pilot, said in Congressional testimony last year that Mr. Pak
described it as a front organization, and that it would be used to
gain influence from wealthy people, and Government officials.

Mr. Roland, testifying under oath, said "Pak indicated that his
primary aim was to establish influential contacts with the Government
and social elite of the nation's capital." He also testified that Mr.
Pak "talked very clearly about using it as a fundraising organization
for the Moon organization."

Through the years, Moon has developed a veritable web of
organizations, front groups, businesses and projects, all of which are
interconnected by Moon's funding of them, and by his close leaders
heading the various groups. Any one of Moon's top leaders could have
been head of as many as a dozen or more of these orgnizations through
their careers with Moon. And often they have headed several of them
simultaneously. A list of Moonie front-groups was created in the 80's
and can be found HERE. In other articles, I will detail many of these
groups with a brief history and information on each one.

~Money, besides purchasing organizations and buildings and factories,
sometimes buys people as well. In the section called Who Is In Moon's
Pocket, I will list many of these people, and rate them as to the
level of their involvement with Moon's cult.