Fag On My Door

chief_t...@bluebottle.com

May 6, 2006, 12:37:04 PM5/6/06
On May 4, 2006--between 8:30pm and 10pm--someone scratched the word
"Fag" on my door. I've taken some photos, but they didn't come out very
clear, due to the light reflecting off a glossy surface. To view the
image in question, go to:

http://www.gay-bible.org/truetales/6_fag-on-my-door.jpg

Notice the horizontal bar missing in the "a". Assumption is that
somebody came walking down the stairs or hallway, and s/he had to stop
or get caught.

I have several suspects, including my neighbor, Frank, who spoke in a
hostile fashion to me on the evening of May 5, before a witness
(another neighbor, Mark). (For another suspect, read below.)

Meanwhile, Hole-in-the-Wall bartender Richard on night shift Fri.-Sun.
has 86'd me during his hours. And Fri. & Sun. nights were my favorite.
He thinks I exposed the bar to narcs infiltrating, etc. He's just a
drama queen, who doesn't like anyone around, who knows him from his
guitar-playing Jesus-freak past at Church of the Holy Redeemer.

Sad for me, however, as those two time slots are exactly the ones with
a window of opportunity in which to rebuild my friendship with Larkin.
No good deed goes unpunished, I suppose.

(And what was I doing at Holy Redeemer in The Castro? Well, I was
referred to a Father Young, because he had connections in Washington
D.C., that might be able to track down my buddy Randolph, who had just
shot himself by "The Wall", and could not be found at any hospital
there, via my phone calls. This was back in 1985. For more on this,
see:

http://www.gay-bible.org/somalia/a11a.htm )

May 2, 2006

Dear building mgr.:

Reporting an incident that occurred in the 2nd-floor hallway yesterday,
May 1, 2006, at approx. 2:45pm:

While I was in the shared bathroom, resident in 209 started banging
loudly on the door, screaming at me. He was mostly incoherent; upset
about the water on the floor. As far as I can tell, that water came
from someone not towelling off in the bathtub, but instead let water
drip and spill on the floor. Either that, or we have a leaky toilet.

Anyway, it has happened at least three times, because I've been
noticing, too. And it started when the resident of 210 began moving his
stuff out. My hunch is the spilled water is due to his guest(s)
assisting him with the move.

I can certainly vouch that's all it's been: water. I mopped it up once,
just to show goodwill towards 209. I assure you: it was only water, not
urine or any other untoward substance. Any further messes that are not
my doing (or that of my occassional visitors), I will not clean up
after, with or w/o 209's hysterical ranting.

Please speak to 209 about his crude behavior. This is not the first
time. (See enclosed copy of complaint about his loud music, which I
sent you and owner on August 31 last year.)

By the way: 209 also hollered something about reading my letter to the
editor in the SF Bay Times, Aug. 20. He screamed that I'm a phony, not
really a visionary for the gay community. While he has a right to voice
his opinion, he does not have a right to holler at me over any issue,
in such a loud and threatening manner. Nonetheless, I thank him for
bothering to read one of my latest pieces!

Sincerely,

Zeke Krahlin
cc: 209

---finis

joerev...@bellsouth.net

May 6, 2006, 8:57:52 PM5/6/06

<chief_t...@bluebottle.com> wrote in message

> On May 4, 2006--between 8:30pm and 10pm--someone scratched the word
> "Fag" on my door. I've taken some photos, but they didn't come out very
> clear, due to the light reflecting off a glossy surface. To view the
> image in question, go to:
>
> http://www.gay-bible.org/truetales/6_fag-on-my-door.jpg
>
> Notice the horizontal bar missing in the "a". Assumption is that
> somebody came walking down the stairs or hallway, and s/he had to stop
> or get caught.

Unlikely assumption. How many people would go ahead and form the g before
going back and finishing the A. Look for someone who sometimes simply omits
parts of letters.

blu

May 6, 2006, 7:21:56 PM5/6/06
On Sat, 06 May 2006 19:57:52 -0500, joerevskelton wrote:

> <chief_t...@bluebottle.com> wrote in message
>> On May 4, 2006--between 8:30pm and 10pm--someone scratched the word
>> "Fag" on my door. I've taken some photos, but they didn't come out very
>> clear, due to the light reflecting off a glossy surface. To view the
>> image in question, go to:
>>
>> http://www.gay-bible.org/truetales/6_fag-on-my-door.jpg
>>
>> Notice the horizontal bar missing in the "a". Assumption is that
>> somebody came walking down the stairs or hallway, and s/he had to stop
>> or get caught.
>
> Unlikely assumption. How many people would go ahead and form the g before
> going back and finishing the A. Look for someone who sometimes simply omits
> parts of letters.

Ya, I was thinking that same thing. It's not the same as dotting an 'i'
after writing the whole word.

I've carved a bunch of "a's" in my time. My real name has an 'a' in it.
I've never finished my entire name and then gone back to cross the a. No,
it's just not done.

>> I have several suspects, including my neighbor, Frank, who spoke in a
>> hostile fashion to me on the evening of May 5, before a witness
>> (another neighbor, Mark). (For another suspect, read below.)

Chief. do you *have* to live there? You've got problems with Frank and
209. How does the building manager feel about you? About the other two
tenants?

I know, it's really none of my business, but I've been reading you for
years now and feel like I know enough about you to ask. Feel free to tell
me to fuck off if you want, that's your right. I'm just curious why you'd
stay in a hostile environment.

>> Meanwhile, Hole-in-the-Wall bartender Richard on night shift Fri.-Sun.
>> has 86'd me during his hours. And Fri. & Sun. nights were my favorite.
>> He thinks I exposed the bar to narcs infiltrating, etc. He's just a
>> drama queen, who doesn't like anyone around, who knows him from his
>> guitar-playing Jesus-freak past at Church of the Holy Redeemer.

????? Guitar-playing Jesus-freak past ????
You have some odd friends, Chief T.

>> Sad for me, however, as those two time slots are exactly the ones with
>> a window of opportunity in which to rebuild my friendship with Larkin.
>> No good deed goes unpunished, I suppose.

It really does feel that way sometime. *sigh*

>> (And what was I doing at Holy Redeemer in The Castro? Well, I was
>> referred to a Father Young, because he had connections in Washington
>> D.C., that might be able to track down my buddy Randolph, who had just
>> shot himself by "The Wall", and could not be found at any hospital
>> there, via my phone calls. This was back in 1985. For more on this,
>> see:
>>
>> http://www.gay-bible.org/somalia/a11a.htm )

Oh gawds, thats sad. Did you ever find him?

--
love
blu*goddess.of.groundhogs*juju

The gods too are fond of a joke.
Aristotle

Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live
and let's change the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working
so it's on us to do what we gotta do, to survive.
Tupac Shakur

Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.
Lao Tzu

ren

May 7, 2006, 8:39:38 AM5/7/06
This is the year 2006. I would be embarrassed for myself if I was to do
something as immature as write "fag" on somebody's door.

My advice is to move somewhere where mature people live.

Seamus

May 7, 2006, 1:26:57 PM5/7/06
As much as I believe in Evolution, (in many respects) people are *just*
as stupid now, as they were fifty years ago.

EternityGraceDragon

May 8, 2006, 6:47:51 AM5/8/06
My advice is to move somewhere where mature people live.

hee hee... that exists? everybody seems to be immature at a point... :)
Especially since there is no real good definition of the word that
works for everybody...

ren

May 8, 2006, 10:59:34 AM5/8/06
Evolution is really natural selection, right? Natural selection is
really death of those who can not adapt. And then there is intelligent
selection. Making good choices in life.

chief_t...@bluebottle.com

May 26, 2006, 2:01:34 PM5/26/06
blu wrote:
> On Sat, 06 May 2006 19:57:52 -0500, joerevskelton wrote:

> I've carved a bunch of "a's" in my time. My real name has an 'a' in it.
> I've never finished my entire name and then gone back to cross the a. No,
> it's just not done.

I have to disagree, in spite of your good common sense and healing
words (for which I am most grateful). Scratching "F*g" on my door came
shortly after two people harassed me in my building...which occurred
shortly after my letter about my mugging was published in the local gay
rag S.F. Bay Times.

No one before has ever scratched anything on my door. Very unlikely the
intent was for another word, such as "fog" or "fig". I'm sure the
culprit was quite nervous about being caught, and may have been drunk
on top of that.

> Chief. do you *have* to live there? You've got problems with Frank and
> 209. How does the building manager feel about you? About the other two
> tenants?

I've lived there since 1983. Would love to move, only destiny has kept
me there for a number of reasons...not the least of which is financial.
I live on a very low income, in a very expensive city...so CAN'T afford
to move. Just don't have the resources.

When one is poor and alone, it is not uncommon to experience harassment
from neighbors as part of the territory. So my attitude is: "When you
get lemons, make lemonade." That is: I do the best with the resources
around me, to advance my life. I've found my calling in street activism
for my gay brothers.

This has made me very controversial, by other gays who are
conservative, and look down on their own homeless, poor, left-wing,
etc. Thus, my mugging is a perfect excuse for these idiots to mess with
me.

> I know, it's really none of my business, but I've been reading you for
> years now and feel like I know enough about you to ask. Feel free to tell
> me to fuck off if you want, that's your right. I'm just curious why you'd
> stay in a hostile environment.

Moving would only result in my living in an even MORE hostile
environment: flop houses, or the streets. I am far from affluent. And I
do not have any friends who can help me financially.

> ????? Guitar-playing Jesus-freak past ????
> You have some odd friends, Chief T.

Not a friend, an acquaintance. Surely, you have some like that, too. In
your social, work, or home environment, it is very rare that EVERYONE
who surrounds you is the kind of person you want as a friend.

> >> http://www.gay-bible.org/somalia/a11a.htm )
>
> Oh gawds, thats sad. Did you ever find him?

No, but his spirit remains STRONG in my life, and we thus commune
daily, almost constantly. He is my main guardian angel. One day I asked
him what it's like watching over a human being. His reply:

"Well, Zeke, it's kinda like playing with a doll house. And you're my
favorite doll."

--
Zeke Krahlin
http://www.gay-bible.org

chief_t...@bluebottle.com

May 26, 2006, 2:13:17 PM5/26/06
EternityGraceDragon wrote:

> hee hee... that exists? everybody seems to be immature at a point... :)
> Especially since there is no real good definition of the word that
> works for everybody...

Good point, dear! A low income person like me, doesn't have such an
option. Were I reasonably affluent, I could move. Nonetheless, I am
receiving more kindness and friendship I've ever had, these days, by my
gay brothers. So my mugging was also a spiritual breakthrough for
me...and the beginning of a romantic fantasy taking wing in reality.

Meanwhile, on the night of May 24, I found an anonymous hate letter
hastily folded in a small envelope taped to my door. (Envelope simply
titled "205"--which is my room number--in bold lettering.) It is the
latest repercussion of my mugging April 10...probably by one among a
handful of wicked residents. Since it is a scanned image, you'll need
to view it on my web log:

http://ezekielk.tblog.com/post/1969894464#comment_anchor

But here is the text version which I typed out (original author's
mispelling and all):

--begin hate letter:

It's Better then you Date Rape Drug

You have got to be the nastiest
person in San Francisco You need to
be but away... I am working on
that my Friend you just don't know
when to stop. You need to grow up
and act like a man. Just a FYI the
FBI have been notified about some
stuff you love to brag about. The
funny think is they were real
interested in what we all had to say
Go Figure. Your time is coming. If
you were smart you would just leave
people alone or someday you are
going to mess with the wrong one
and you will be sorry. One more
thing I am filling a suit against you
for harassment and I have several
people who are backing me up, yes
even your friends are helping with
this, GET SOME HELP MAN...

--end of hate letter

chief_t...@bluebottle.com

May 26, 2006, 10:16:08 PM5/26/06

I so TOTALLY disagree, ren. For one, most people leave out "compassion"
as a necessary component of "survival of the fittest".

Furthermore, the RIGHT and GOOD choice is sometimes to give up your
life for a cause, a person, or a people.

IMO, survival of the fittest (that is: "natural selection") is far more
complex and subtle than your average brute would deem. Indeed, it
leaves out the very notion of a higher order of life, which is the
spiritual realm and its eternal values.