Horrible Truths - "Body Thetans"

Roland

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
Horrible Truths for Scientologists

[(C) Copyright, Roland Rashleigh-Berry, 20th November 1998. Permission
is granted to everyone to freely host, copy and distribute this
document]

Body Thetans

Scientologists have heard about "Thetans", "theta" as well as "theta
bodies" perhaps, but they won't have heard the term "Body Thetans", nor
will they be able to find it in their Tech dictionaries. This is because
the information is being withheld from them until they reach a secret
level in Scientology known as "OT III". On this level, they are told
that they are full of the Thetans (or souls) of murdered space-aliens.
Roughly 2,500 of them. And they have to talk to them telepathically to
make them go away. These aliens were once part of the local galactic
confederation of 75 million years ago, ruled over by the evil galactic
overlord Xenu (sometimes said as Xemu). The galactic confederation
supposedly consisted of 22 suns with their 76 inhabited planets. That
makes three or four inhabited planets per sun. This fits in with L. Ron
Hubbard's view that other planets in our own solar system were
inhabited, namely Venus (whose government is monitored by the Fifth
Invader Force -- http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/rams/Venusian.ram ), Mars
(inhabited by the earlier Fourth Invader Force --
http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/rams/Mars.ram ) and Jupiter (by people who he
said would look like Eskimos --
http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/rams/Jupiter.ram ). These aliens were
supposedly similar in appearance to ourselves as we are
now. The average populations of these planets was 178 million or 250
million on average (both figures are quoted in the same line on the
handwritten OT III document). This was an overpopulation problem for
Xenu. To solve it he called most of the inhabitants of these planets in
for income tax inspections where they were instead given injections of a
mixture of alcohol and glycol into their lungs to paralyze them. They
were then frozen and put on DC-8 identical space-planes and flown across
space to planet Earth (then called Teegeeack)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/rams/DC-8s.ram

If the story is to be believed, then this would have happened to about 4
trillion people. The story makes it clear that the actual corpses of
people were transported to Earth. Supposing each DC-8 could carry 200
frozen bodies in refrigerated units at a time and the excess population
per planet was 100 million, then 500,000 DC-8 space-plane flights would
have been required to ship these people to Earth. If the return trip
were 6 weeks, as mentioned in the "Assists" lecture in relation to the
three weeks from Coltice to Earth, and if this were all achieved in six
months, then each planet would have required 125,000 DC-8 space-planes.

When the people arrived on Earth, all 4 trillion of them were stacked
around ten or so volcanoes and then nuked. After they were nuked their
Thetans (souls) were captured in electronic beams, boxed up and taken to
cinemas. There they were shown pictures of what life on Earth should be
like and they were also shown false pictures of God and Christ to
instill a religious fervor in them that would make them less effective
and so easier to control. The Thetans were frozen, again, in alcohol and
glycol - a supposed very effective way for capturing Thetans. The start
of these films was unusual in that the first two days of it were taken
up with a helicopter about to crash (
http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/rams/Helicopt.ram ) After watching these
films, which lasted several days, these Thetans clustered together and
now inhabit our bodies.

These films supposedly set the scene for the future. The houses,
theaters, trains, boats, planes etc. of the late 1950's were supposed to
be copies of those at the time of this incident and the same as those
shown to the body Thetans in the films. Hence society of the 1950's was
a copy of what life was like 75 million years ago. And since these
images were implanted in these body Thetans and they were required to
act out these scenes, then this was a block to further progress. In
inhabiting our bodies, we too inherit these images which then govern our
lives. Indeed, we are, in most cases, one of these same body Thetans -
it is just that we are the one in charge or the "leader" body thetan or
controller.

Scientologists are required to exorcise all these body Thetans if they
are to make spiritual progress within their religion. Once gone then
they are supposed to regain their own powers. They talk to them
telepathically to make them go away. This whole incident, as described,
is known as "R6", or "Incident Two". In liberating these body Thetans it
is important to get to the first time something like this happened. It
is called "getting the basic on the chain of events". This was not the
earliest incident though, since there was supposedly an Incident 4
quadrillion years ago, called Incident One, in which Thetans were
confused by a chariot charging at them as well as a cherub blowing a
horn before blackness was dumped on them. If these body Thetans are
reminded of this then they leave the body readily and with some noise
and energy. L. Ron Hubbard described how he readily achieved this on
himself ( http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/rams/BTs.ram ).

When the body Thetans (or "BTs") leave, they are Clear and are able to
operate as Thetans. They have become "Operating Thetans" - a high goal
in Scientology. They then supposedly decide to be flowers or
butterflies.

The Cracks Appear

On the surface, the above story may seem plausible. However, incisive
thinking on these events lead to questions that challenge the validity
and accuracy of this story.

1) DC-8 space planes

Each planet would have had to manufacture about 100,000 new DC-8 space
planes for this task within, let us say, a six month period. This would
have put an enormous strain on the planet's resources. And of course
airports would have to have been constructed for this five-fold planned
increase in space traffic. With all planets heavily overpopulated, the
clearing of buildings to make new airports would have been a very
noticeable and unpopular move which would have made the inhabitants
curious as to what the new space-planes would have been used for. Rumors
would have been rife and this would have led to civil unrest that would
have disrupted these developments.

Another minor point is of the positioning of the rockets engines on the
DC-8. If this were to the rear, then it contradicts L. Ron Hubbard's
claim that they were identical to DC-8 passenger planes since they do
not have rocket outlets at the rear. If, instead, the rockets were
placed where the jets were, then as soon as the DC-8 had gotten beyond
the atmosphere, it would have started flying around in circles, as the
rocket engines would not have been directly in line with the center of
gravity of the space-plane.

2) Income Tax Offices

People being called in for income tax inspections would be highly
suspicious if their friends were called in, never to be seen again. They
would have suspected that something were amiss and would have refused to
go, especially after knowing that 100,000 DC-8 space planes with their
corresponding airports had been built. For this to be effective, all the
visits to the tax offices would have to have been completed in a very
short time. A week or less. Let us estimate that there were 10,000
income tax offices on each planet. If 100 million people were to make
visits then each office would have to see at least one thousand people
per day. This would have caused people to queue and they would have
noticed that although people were seen to enter, they were not seen to
leave. This would have raised suspicion.

3) Technological Progress

Technology has progressed since the 1950's. If all life is dictated by
the films the body Thetans saw, then we would not have developed
technology beyond DC-8 planes, for example. We now have supersonic
fighter planes and supersonic passenger aircraft as well as Stealth
bombers. The technology is far in advance of DC-8s. The same goes for
the design of houses, boats, trains, compurters etc. Society on Earth
and its technology does not appear to be stuck at any timepoint.
Technological progress has continued unabated. This raises a question
mark over these films as to whether they were actually shown or, if so,
had any effect. In both cases, we should question the usefulness of L.
Ron Hubbard's system of dealing with body Thetans.

4) Lack of Archaeological Evidence

There is no evidence of a 250 million population on this planet from 75
million years ago. Indeed, as archaeologists dig down, they find
evidence of dinosaurs from this period but no evidence of 1950's type
technology. If the story were true then the planet should be covered,
down to a certain depth, with the concrete and metal artifacts of the
thriving population of this planet of 75 million years ago. It should be
possible to unearth remains of 1950's style trains at the level where
fossilized skeletons of dinosaurs are found instead. That there exists
none of the remains of this supposed civilization suggests that L. Ron
Hubbard's view was in error.

Another niggling worry is the volcanoes where the now body thetans were
nuked with H-bombs. as listed in the secret handwritten OT III document.
Some of the listed volcanoes did not exist 75 million years ago.

5) Easy-to-Clear Body Thetans

Body Thetans are supposedly easy to exteriorize from the body. And as
they leave, then so our own powers are supposed to increase. If that
were true, then it should be easy for us to leave our bodies as well,
since we are the "lead" thetan and are more powerful than the rest. Even
with all the body Thetans gone, people are not able to exteriorize. They
may feel dissociated, somewhat, after telepathically talking to 2,500
invisible space-aliens inside them, but this could be a sign of mental
fatigue or even deterioration, rather than the emergence of a new mental
ability. Also, since the body Thetans were once people like ourselves,
you would expect their ambitions to go beyond the inhabiting of flowers
and butterflies. With you as the "lead thetan", you would expect them to
show more loyalty and to attempt to get their leaders to exteriorize as
well. If they had been close companions for 75 million years then you
would expect the friendship and commitment to their fellows to run
deeper than to just leave to become a flower or butterfly.

Conclusion

I have just touched upon 5 points which cast doubt on the validity of L.
Ron Hubbard's supposed recounting of events of 75 million years ago as
well as the veracity of the existence of Body Thetans. I am sure there
are many more avenues worthy of exploration. I will leave it to the
reader to make their own mental investigations into this alleged chapter
of Earth's history. After two years or more of careful thought on this
subject, I have personally come to the conclusion that L. Ron Hubbard
was largely in error in this matter.

Roland Rashleigh-Berry

P.S. If you would like to make a further study of this subject then you
might find it useful to request a copy of the secret texts of
Scientology from the Norwegian scholar, Andreas Heldal-Lund (
mailto:hel...@online.no )