(MPES) 5 Michael Pattinson's Experiences with Scientology. Part 5

michael pattinson

Aug 29, 2003, 4:44:02 AM8/29/03
Part 5.

After attesting to "Clear" in 1979 I was intent on getting along
further towards the amazing abilities advertised on the "Grade Chart"
and sold to everyone paying for the "O.T. Levels.
I was specially interested in the O.T.3 .."Freedom from Overwhelm",
and the O.T.8 ability promised; "A being at Cause over matter, energy,
space and time, both subjective and objective". I remember it well.
That was the one that really interested me.

I stayed living in Paris, but moved to a new apartment where I could
have good painting space and some pet Persian cats. I worked hard,
toured with my slide show, paid in money to Scientology to pay for
O.T. levels and went to start them in 1981 I believe.

I went to Copenhagen to do my solo auditing course (where I learned
how to hold still both electrodes of the e-meter in one hand, write my
session worksheets with my second hand and adjust the e-meter with my
3rd hand....lol, just kidding. I actually adjusted the e-meter with my
writing hand. I then continued to do my "eligibiliity" program and
"set-ups". Eligibility is where I was checked for all possibilities
for "out-security" such as being connected to any psychiatrists,
government agencies, spy agencies, media, etc so I could get "invited"
to do the super-secret "O.T.Levels. Set-ups were to see if any of my
previous auditing steps were incomplete. I got through both steps
after a week or two and started "O.T.1.
******
NOTE: The "Confidential" O.T.Levels 1-6, some of 7, and 8 have been
published several times on the internet, but I don't know if and where
they may be right now?
I will pass on the details of the actual auditing as it would be
redundant due to over-posting. I did what was written. I think that
Scientology STILL thinks of them as "confidential" even though they
have been publicly available for on-screen viewing, download,
reference and printing for months at a time. This may be because their
own paying public have a "net nanny" contained in a CD-ROM they get to
protect their web-browsing from publicly published, but embarassing
truths. The O.T. levels are, therefore still a secret to those who
have to pay for them. Ironic but true.
******
I was shocked, however, when I read about Xenu the mad genocidal
tyrant and the dead space aliens that I had to get rid of out of my
body. I was also very scared of getting pneumonia if I did anything
wrong. I was, however, in awe of Ron for cheating death in researching
O.T.3 and almost dying while doing it. He said, after all, that he was
the very first person in 75 million years to pass through the "Wall of
Fire" of the Xenu incident and come out alive. The only thing I didn't
understand too well at the time was the list of volcanoes and where
they had actually existed, some of them, 75 million years ago.

Anyway, I did the steps, finished the levels one-by-one up to O.T.4,
then a part of "old" O.T.7 (to do with projecting intention) in
Copenhagen. I was then persuaded that "my artist-clebrity status"
necessitated that I do O.T.5 at Flag, and also the famous "L"
processes (very "O.T. secret stuff)at Flag. I borrowed a lot of money
and paid for 3 "L"s, and 100 hours of New OT5. I went to Florida in
1982 to get these services. The painting career paid for the auditing,
accommodations, food, travel ans other costs.

For a brief time at Flag in the first half of 1982 things seemed
really fine, for me and for the whole group. The atmosphere was good;
we had staff and public working in cheerful harmony, wealthy public
flowing in and out, fun events and soirees. Even Diana Hubbard was
socializing, along with Cyprien Katsaris (a superb concert pianist)
and we had impromptu or informal art evenings with live piano
improvisation, cultural conversation and a feeling of starting to win
in the battle to clear the planet.

I did O.T.5, then L-10, but O.T5 took so many hours it "ate up" the
other 2 L's and I never got to do them.

I went straight on to do OT6 that same year and onto New O.T. 7 by the
end of 1982. That, and other unusual personal things that happened in
Paris for my art and general spiritual well-being, made 1982 a really
good year.

Then suddenly things started to deteriorate rapidly in Scientology. It
was already showing as a sense of foreboding in 1982 but the sit
(situation) hit the fan in 1983. Very fast, the atmosphere at Flag
became awful, oppressive, worrisome, hateful, vindictive and alarming.
Mission holders, who had been earning huge amounts of money, paying
for Flag services for themselves and many of their staff were suddenly
"under the gun". A mangement power struggle was occurring, with a very
uncertain outcome, right in front of us. The executives of missions
started to be alarmed at certain hostile actions against them. Some
were holding meetings together to plan what to do, and others were
being grilled in severe "security checks" on the e-meter and looked
hunted and haunted. It was as if the lights went out on the bright
expansion of Scientology that had been occurring. I was very concerned
as what was occurring had a gestapo-like flavor to it all.

The whole expansion atmosphere collapsed in a heap, and never
resurfaced again. Note: Scientology, as I had first known it and
progressed within it, never recovered from that power putsch in 1983.

It was as if the whole group was under a concentrated suppressive
influence of some magnitude, and it was indeed. It had been taken
over, by force, by David Miscavige, Norman Starkey, and a tight group
of co-conspirators, including some lawyers/attorneys. Corporate
structures and ownerships had been vastly "modified" to prevent any
future litigants from getting any money from Scientology (I heard that
directly from Miscavige at an event). An infamous "Mission Holder
Conference" was held in San Fransisco and acted like a coup d'etat on
the mission network. A new regime of very power-hungry staff members
essentially took the missions and their monies away from the people
who built them. One "excuse" was that missions were taking public from
the organizations, or not sending them into orgs fast enough, and so
all the mission holders were rounded-up, restrained in a hotel
conference/event room with all exits guarded till they either complied
with the new tyrannical regime or got expelled from Scientology on the
spot. It was as if Hubbard himself had disappeared and a self-elected
new mangement authority had simply forced themselves into power and
abuse of power.

At Flag, in Clearwater, where I was still auditing New O.T 7 on
myself, I saw that both public and staff were dismayed and in terror.
I saw Sea Org officer Wendell Reynolds and accompanying slick,
starched uniform aides spreading fear and emotional horror as "Finance
Police"! Gestapo-like attitudes and cold tyranny reigned supreme. Many
mission holders had not only lost their missions and sources of income
but had been expelled never to return. Missions were forced to have
"Finance Police" from the new regime and to pay something like $15,000
per DAY to have them there! In short, "my group" was self-destructing
and it became most unhealthy to be in contact with it. Even the local
Mission (Celebrity Centre) holders from Paris, the Rosenbergs, had
been expelled in 1983. So had their Case Supervisor Andree de
Thiersant, and others.

I went home to continue auditing New O.T. 7 in Paris, but I had a
horrible set of experiences there. I went to the Celebrity Centre for
some "management technology" courses, but found that most often I was
almost the only student there! The staff who still remained were edgy,
afraid and insecure. I got tired of it one day and told the supervisor
she was in error in handling me as a student with anger and hostility.
I was immediately "routed" (accompanied with physical persuasion) to a
basement roomwhere 2 Sea Org "Missionaires" (uniform and all) were
waiting. I had to hold the e-meter electrodes and they asked me very
personal questions about my loyalties, my sex life, my sympathies with
ex-staff members etc. I was very upset indeed at the kind of
gestapo-nazi interrogation that it was. They got me to tell them,
though I was not very willing, about my recent gay activities which
were sparse and almost non-existant. They then went and held a staff
meeting to relate to the personnel what I had just told them! I was
apalled, specially as I was on O.T.7 and should never have been
subjected to that kind of destructive interrogation.

I had to return to Flag, at great cost, that very same week, to get my
severe upsets handled and to get back on track with O.T7.

I returned to Paris and decided to move to Monaco to continue my
painting career, to continue my O.T.7 there and to disconnect from the
Paris group and from the horrors of the new cruel tyranny of the
uninvited management regime.

WHAT I SAW, WHAT I LEARNED AFTER THE ABOVE (1979-1983)HAPPENED.

1. The O.T. Levels did not produce Total Freedom, except, perhaps,
maybe, possibly for the invisible space aliens blown off in sessions.
I have, now, the gravest doubts as to the actual veracity of the Xenu
story and the actuality of the space alien spirits etc.... I would
even say I doubt all of it to the point of feeling scammed.

2. When power-hunger and greed took over Scientology it lost its power
to have a chance at being constructive. It became a travesty of its
own stated goals.

3. Tyranny is self-destructive, but harms many in its suicide.

4. Scientology's management is taking the whole group down. I can not
say that I feel any desire to help prevent that, seeing how
destructive a group it is. In fact I hope they do the best job
possible on all of that. They killed the spirit of "my group" back in
1983. They are now reaping what they sowed.
R.I.P. to whatever positive personality Scientology ever succeeded in
attaining by the hard work and dedication of a lot of hopeful people,
myself included.

**********

Roland

Aug 29, 2003, 7:48:06 AM8/29/03
These accounts are very interesting but I don't think it is going to help
you to get your money back. Nobody incarcerated you and brainwashed you. You
came and went of your own free will. And from your accounts you were
disillusioned with it but you still came back for more when you had the
money. You were a willing participant and you chose how to spend the money
you had. If we were not allowed to make choices in life then our lives would
be the poorer. And in having free choice on how we spend our time and money
then it should be of no great surprise that some people make poor choices.
And as for the promise of OT powers then this is just a belief system. Just
like in Christianity you believe that if you do good then you will be
resurrected at the day of Judgement and will live forever.

Roland

Aug 29, 2003, 12:07:31 PM8/29/03
"Roland" <rol...@rashleigh-berry.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

There is more I should have added. In the case of Wollersheim, who was
partly reimbursed for his bad experiences within the Church of Scientology,
then there was a period when he was incarcerated and subject to mental
pressures exerted upon him by Church members. I don't know the details of
the case but once this happenes to a person (i.e. they have been prevented
from leaving for a while and during that time then mental methods have been
used against them) then they can claim their mind was changed over that
period and then they were therefore not able to make a free choice. But I
don't see that that has happened in your case.

Another thing that strikes me, and I may have this wrong, is that a lot of
your previous sympathy comes from the idea that you are gay and that
Scientology had falsely promised to cure you of that. If you had clear
evidence of this and it was clear that you were pursuing Scientology to
achieve this aim then you would have a weak but credible case. But from what
I have read in your account I don't see this as being much of a factor.

We are all free to make many choices in life. That is a good thing. And with
this freedom of choice then it is natural that there are some who will
choose wisely and some who will choose unwisely. In your own case, I think
you made your choice and chose unwisely. You accepted the delusions of a
religion. But people do that the world over and have done so for thousands
of years.

arnie lerma - www.lermanet.com

Aug 29, 2003, 12:32:41 PM8/29/03
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:07:31 +0100, "Roland"
<rol...@rashleigh-berry.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>"Roland" <rol...@rashleigh-berry.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> These accounts are very interesting but I don't think it is going to help
>> you to get your money back. Nobody incarcerated you and brainwashed you.

You are assuming that is the purpose of his writing, it is not.

Writing one's story is part of the recovery process....
akin to throwing up when one has eaten a bad burrito...

>You
>> came and went of your own free will. And from your accounts you were

This is complete horseshit.

There is no free will, when one's will has been subjugated by lies..

>> disillusioned with it but you still came back for more when you had the
>> money. You were a willing participant and you chose how to spend the money
>> you had. If we were not allowed to make choices in life then our lives
>would
>> be the poorer.

Decision based upon false representations is not a choice for which
blame can be assigned to anyone other than the one doing the lying.

>>And in having free choice on how we spend our time and
>money

There is no free choice in the dark where one cannot see.

There is no free choice while one is being conned by an illusionist.

>> then it should be of no great surprise that some people make poor choices.
>> And as for the promise of OT powers then this is just a belief system.
>Just
>> like in Christianity you believe that if you do good then you will be

Oh horseshit, "Like christianity..." is a pat osa defnce line,
you've been on this newsgroup for years....

Scientology is not a religion....

read http://www.lermanet.com/LRonHubbard2.htm

and http://www.lermanet.com/LRonHubbard3.htm

>> resurrected at the day of Judgement and will live forever.

In scientology it is easy to prove that the state of OT is never
achieved by anyone, or you would not be reading this line.

>There is more I should have added. In the case of Wollersheim, who was
>partly reimbursed for his bad experiences within the Church of Scientology,
>then there was a period when he was incarcerated and subject to mental
>pressures exerted upon him by Church members. I don't know the details of
>the case but once this happenes to a person (i.e. they have been prevented
>from leaving for a while and during that time then mental methods have been

I was rpevented from leaving twice.... I was held in the Ft Harrision
and locked up in the wire receiving room at the bottom of the
Hollywood Inn...

You are sounding like an apologist... consider the results of what
you write...

*I* would like ex members encouraged to write their stories...

And all because you fail to grasp that the stength of a prison built
of lies is stronger than steel..

>used against them) then they can claim their mind was changed over that
>period and then they were therefore not able to make a free choice. But I
>don't see that that has happened in your case.

You believe there is free will in Hubbard's black box...
see http://www.lermanet.com/scientologyhelp/main.html

That is a delusion.

>Another thing that strikes me, and I may have this wrong, is that a lot of
>your previous sympathy comes from the idea that you are gay and that
>Scientology had falsely promised to cure you of that. If you had clear
>evidence of this and it was clear that you were pursuing Scientology to
>achieve this aim then you would have a weak but credible case. But from what
>I have read in your account I don't see this as being much of a factor.

Michael tried a lawsuit, and though falwed in many ways, he did
try... and failed.... but did not take a gag ( God bless him)

]

>We are all free to make many choices in life. That is a good thing. And with

Repeating the evidence of your shallow view will not make it true.

There is no free will in Hubbard's black box.
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologyhelp/main.html

>this freedom of choice then it is natural that there are some who will
>choose wisely and some who will choose unwisely. In your own case, I think
>you made your choice and chose unwisely. You accepted the delusions of a

There is no choice in Hubbard's black box
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologyhelp/main.html

>religion. But people do that the world over and have done so for thousands
>of years.

No Roland, SCAMS have been being ruin for thousands of years

The following words come from a publication called Pseudodoxia
Epidemica, written by Sir Thomas Browne in 1646. In between paragraphs
ridiculing urine therapy and astrology (both unfortunately still with
us), he had this to say about "Saltimbancoes, Quacksalvers, and
Charlatans":

For their Impostures are full of cruelty, and worse than any other;
deluding not only unto pecuniary defraudations, but the irreparable
deceit of death.

I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speak.
The only thing that always works in scientology are its lawyers
The internet is the liberty tree of the new millennium
Secrets are the mortar binding lies as bricks together into prisons for the mind
Support http://www.lermanet.com - mentioned 4 January 2000 in
The Washington Post's - 'Reliable Source' column re "Scientologist with no HEAD"

Roland

Aug 29, 2003, 12:33:59 PM8/29/03
I just read what I wrote. I can't believe I am not following the official
a.r.s. line that everything about the "Church" of Scientology is evil. OSA
must have got to me and brainwashed me. I must be an OSA operative and not
even know it !!!! :o((

"Roland" <rol...@rashleigh-berry.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

Roland

Aug 29, 2003, 12:41:24 PM8/29/03
"arnie lerma - www.lermanet.com" <ale...@nospam.bellatlantic.net> wrote in
message news:3f4f7d0a...@news.verizon.net...

Oh yes. I see what you mean. By putting forward an alternative point of view
I am maybe harming the cases of those who chose to remain as Scientologists
for many years. Even those who were subject to the space-alien OT III and
still gulped it all down. By saying what I am saying I am harming people.
Others on this newsgroup will recognise the same and disapprove. I must
stop. Thankyou, Arnie, for pointing out my error.

arnie lerma - www.lermanet.com

Aug 29, 2003, 1:13:46 PM8/29/03
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:41:24 +0100, "Roland"
<rol...@rashleigh-berry.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>"arnie lerma - www.lermanet.com" <ale...@nospam.bellatlantic.net> wrote in
>message news:3f4f7d0a...@news.verizon.net...
>> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:07:31 +0100, "Roland"
>> <rol...@rashleigh-berry.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> >"Roland" <rol...@rashleigh-berry.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

>> You are sounding like an apologist... consider the results of what
>> you write...
>
>Oh yes. I see what you mean. By putting forward an alternative point of view
>I am maybe harming the cases of those who chose to remain as Scientologists
>for many years. Even those who were subject to the space-alien OT III and

This is fallacious, you are changing the example of conduct I was
commenting on into somthing else and then arguing that...

>still gulped it all down. By saying what I am saying I am harming people.

No matter what I've ever done, in hindsight i've almost alawys found
that I could have done a better job... but I try to do the best I can
within the time limits available and the demands of life...

>Others on this newsgroup will recognise the same and disapprove.

I was telling you what I think, that's all, to hell with approval...