(MPES) 11 Michael Pattinson's Experiences with Scientology. Part 11

michael pattinson

Aug 31, 2003, 1:02:06 AM8/31/03
(MPES) 11

Mr. Rosenberg, and staff that he gave orders to, apparently, wrote
ethics violation reports on me to the Freewinds to discredit me once
more (same tactic as before) with no copies to me. I was called by
Sharon Straas on the Freewinds who was ordering me back there (same
tactic as before), and saying that I could not see any copies of the
reports unless I arrived at the ship. This is contrary to Mr.
Hubbard's writings on the matter, so I refused to go. I queried the
order in place of complying. No copies were sent to me.

Sharon suddenly cancelled my "O.T. Ambassador" status, without any
correct Hubbard policy procedures. I was also denied training at the
Paris main Organization where I was on a course at the time. I had
high statistics on course, showing good study production, but I was
denied training anyway. Sharon also RE-issued the old unjust and false
documents of 1991 that had already been cancelled officially in my
Committee of Evidence.This cancelled all my previous expensive efforts
to get justice done!

In addition, as a "retaliation" Mr. Rosenberg apparently ordered his
new ethics staff member to call in all my friends and give them a
"briefing" on how I had "stolen" the document from the Freewinds (a
lie), about how I should not be associated-with due to my bad
character (another lie), and showing my friends the re-issued false
documents from the Freewinds as "proof". The Paris Church of
Scientology Celebrity Centre then called my business associates in
Italy (Mr. and Mrs. Le Mardele) to tell them these lies, stir up
trouble and try to get them to stop doing any business with me. They
also asked (per Mrs. Le Mardele) if she had any "dirt" about Michael
Pattinson that they could use against me in Paris.

Does this organization still look like a "church" to anyone reading
this?

The friends who received this "special briefing" at the Celebrity
Centre were then asked to write ethics violation reports on me on the
basis of what they had been told in the "briefing", so these could be
sent to the Freewinds to really cause trouble for me in the C.of S. I
asked for copies of these reports from the person doing these actions
(Olivia Pilo) but my request was refused, which is contrary to Hubbard
writings. I was, yes still, in good standing with the Church of
Scientology, yet the church in Paris was actively seeking to destroy
my good name and repute. This was in summer of 1993.

The cost in terms of money, stress and pain and suffering (mentally,
emotionally, socially and financially) were enormous! The malpractice
of even basic Scientology by the Paris Celebrity Centre was vast and
highly damaging.
These OSA-related attacks were orchestrated to ruin my life totally.
Due to the overwhelming expenses incurred, the time and effort needed
just to "stay alive" within Scientology, I was unable to pay my rent
in Paris, and other debts incurred (well over a hundred thousand
dollars) were not able to be repaid under those circumstances, even
though I really wanted to. I had a debt to a Mr Michel Reveillere who
had lent me about $26,000. I had already paid back about $6,000 but
then the attacks ruined my income and production so much that I could
not pay back more. This is the debt that "religious freedom watch" on
the internet now claims I "refused to pay back"...more lies.

It was so hostile in Paris, due to the C.of S. attacks on me that I
had to move out (I lost everything I had there that I had earned and
my furniture, credit and friends). I decided to move to Mexico City to
get away from the french C.of S.' hostility and attacks.

It was very very hard to get back on my feet again as I had no money,
no home, no way of earning a living in Mexico at first. It was a
lesson in facing total poverty in a new country. With a little and
timely help from a few good friends in Mexico I started my career
again from scratch, and earned enough to remain alive, but not much
more.
In December 1993, in the relative safety of Mexico I wrote a request
to the C.of S. for a Board of Review to correct matters. No response.
New request written in March 1994. No result.

With the main purpose of getting a full resolution of this matter I
came to Clearwater, Florida. The Flag Land Base, I thought, would be a
good place to get things solved and squared away. I had seen that
"standard tech and policy is infallible" since 1973, so was determined
to get it applied at the "Mecca of Technical Perfection" to a full
resolution. I was simply unaware of the covert but concerted OSA
attack on me and that I was asking those who were attacking me to help
me as their friend. I was, after all, a loyal member since 1973, and
an OT8! They were, in fact, my biggest enemies, by their own decisions
and behaviors.
I was naive and brainwashed to the point of trusting in my attackers
to turn their wrath away from me. Such is the cult's indoctrination.
Arnie Lerma refers to this as Scientology's "black box" and he is
right. A Scientologist has no windows to light up the darkness of the
cult's false propaganda. If many of those still, today, who are in
Scientology ever got to know what I have found out they would collapse
with the shock of being so manipulated and betrayed.

In July 1996 I got a result from a Board of Review done by the
Religious Technology Centre. It cancelled the main false issues
mentioned in this write-up. It stated that there had been injustice.
It did not get seen, however, by more than a handful of people. It,
specially, did not get sent, in French, to the friends of mine in
Paris that would have needed to see what it said.

Mr and Mrs Rosenberg had been at the Flag Land Base for many months
in 1996, yet no part of this was resolved with them. My requests for
financial restitution have met with indifference. The total cost in
terms of cash outlay, debts incurred, loss of income over 6 years, and
the pain and suffering (mental) are now a very large amount in my
estimation. I estimate the cost of fighting the injustice, alone, to
be around $130,000.00 U.S.

As if the above was not already sufficient, there are some other
events that took place at the Flag Land Base in 1996.

On June 19 1996, as part of a "handling", I was forcibly kept in a
room at the Sandcastle, the office of Mr Hy Levy, and I was not
permitted to leave despite my asking to on several occasions. I was
being held there against my will and being forced to pay $7,400 for
more counselling that I did not want. After all that had already
occurred since 1991 I was at the absolute end of my tether, and I
became very very upset indeed. I was panicked at being held in that
small office and being forced to give over money I didn't have or
being forced to borrow it at their suggestion. They insisted that I
either use a credit card to pay and be released, or that I call my
Mexican friend (Mrs. Maya) to get her to lend me the money. I tried to
leave but both Mr Levy and Mrs "Cosima" blocked my exit through the
door into the reception area in the Sandcastle (C.of S.) Hotel. I
cried out for help, but nobody responded. They sat me down again and
resumed their demands for moneys, even forcibly invalidating my
integrity, my desire to get out of there and the fact that I did NOT
want the auditing.

As a note: In all of this trying to get correction of the injustices,
etc, the attitude of the C.of S. staff has been only that "all is my
fault", and that there must be something wrong with me to have such
things occur. This continued at this time(19 June 1996).

Anyway, the demands and the being held against my will continued for
almost
an hour. In the end I managed to trick them by going for one door,
which
they blocked, and rushing out of the opposite door and up onto Osceola
Avenue.
Both Cosima and Hy Levy chased me, running as far as my car when they
could
no longer hold onto me as I drove off.
I was ashamed at getting upset, but I do not feel that this is O.K. to
hold
someone, demand money in order to be released, specially in the U.S.A.
One big mistake I made in this incident (apart from being a
Scientologist at all) was to write two faxes "apologising for my
upset" and covering for Hy and Cosima. I should not have tried to
cover for their actions to save them from discipline.

During my visits to the Flag Land Base in Clearwater my contact had
been Mary Voegeding, the President of the Flag Service Organization
(now, as I later learned, married to OSA Clearwater director, Ben
Shaw!).
Later in 1996 she introduced me to Danny Keogh, the ex husband of
Lisa-Marie Presley. As both were at the Flag Land Base, and Danny was
doing some amends for the church, apparently. Mary got Danny to help
me with some ethics handlings (as usual, with the foregone conclusion
that I "must have done something to deserve everything that had
happened to me that was bad"}. This was not a good basis of operation,
specially in the light of the facts outlined in this report. Things
were going well for a short time, as I managed to get things on track
with Danny's help.

Then, however, things went extremely wrong, as suddenly I was directed
to go to see a person (a very senior "Security Officer" from the
Religious Technology Centre called Mr. Marty Rathbun). I was escorted
into a tiny room behind the Fort Harrison elevators area where The
Religious Technology Centre has an office. I was sat down with Mr
Rathbun between me and the door. He instructed me to pick up the
E-Meter electrodes and to answer his questions. It was not a
counselling session, but a "security interview" with no obvious rules
of conduct except that I had to answer his questions fully, and that
if I didn't do so he would know because of what was occurring on the
E-Meter. What then occurred, in this interrogation and another shortly
thereafter was the greatest shock of my life.

To give a brief description, Mr Rathbun questioned me about my
religious beliefs very intensely. He had heard from Danny that I had
become interested in a religious kind of activity (a Christian-related
spiritual activity designed to show me more clearly who "I
am"....remember the OT8 result?) and that I was enjoying it so much
that I was speaking to my friends about it, and some of them were
becoming interested in reading about it. They loved it! I had even
gotten a few copies of its literature into a local (non-C.of S.)
bookstore.

According to Mr, Rathbun, however, I was committing a rather big crime
of some kind by speaking about my religious beliefs or faith to other
Scientologists. I was not, in fact, proselytizing as I was not trying
to take anyone out of Scientology.

I was given to understand, indirectly but always in the same tone and
direction of attention, that if I ever wanted to continue my route in
Scientology, I would have to not only stop speaking about my chosen
faith, but also that it would be necessary for me to give up that
faith forever. I asked at least five times for the Hubbard reference
which might dictate that, but Mr Rathbun would never answer the
question directly. He would only hedge around it and make me feel
"stupid" for not immediately complying to his own point of view.
In the end I had him describe what his viewpoint was that I was
supposed
to be so obediently complying with. He showed me the Hubbard reference
"Keeping Scientology Working". There is a point there where ten
actions
are dictated to keep Scientology working. One of them is; "Getting the
correct
technolgy applied consists of .. hammering out of existence incorrect
technology".

This was the only major reference he was working on to get me to give
up
my chosen faith. I pursued the matter with him, as I could not believe
what
he was intending. He certainly intended for me to give up my religious
beliefs
in order to continue in Scientology (RTC holds the clearances for
those wanting
to do further services, and can block anyone's progress at will). He
intended
to stop anyone else reading about the things I had read about. This
was evidenced
by the fact that, in the days following these "interviews" two
personal visits
from RTC and one from the C.of S "Special Affairs Office" bullied the
local
bookstore owner (Mr Virgil Wilhite) to stop carrying the books I had
requested.
He did not want to stop carrying them, as they are from a bona fide
religious
activity recognized by the U.S. Congress. However, enough pressure was
brought
to bear to intimidate him into sending the books back to the supplier.
This
was a direct attack by both the C.of S. and the. Religious Technology
Centre
on another U.S. religion. These days they use "religious intolerance"
as a slander of others while they are the ones most guilty of it.

In the "interviews" I pressed the point of having religious freedom as
a Scientologist (both from Hubbard's writings and from the 1st
Amendment of the U.S. Constitution) but Mr. Rathbun would have nothing
of it. I asked him specifically whether the Shinto religion people
(who had recently visited Flag as a group) would also have to give up
their faith before RTC would allow them to continue in Scientology at
some point. His response was that "it is not yet a problem"(or a
question to be resolved), but his answer was that, indeed, anyone
wanting to continue in Scientology would,at some point, to satisfy RTC
on the point of "incorrect technology" have to abandon their religious
faith and practice.

In Scientology NOTHING BUT HUBBARD IS EITHER TOLERABLE OR PERMITTED AS
A BASIS FOR LIFE. If Scientology gets its way it would be the ONLY
remaining "religion", and it is even fake in being that as it excludes
God from daily life. Hubbard is Scientology's only God-like worshipped
figurehead.

Mr Rathbun is a high official in the Religious Technology Center, and
he has authority over many Scientologists. I had hoped that I had
misunderstood his exact point, so I pressed the matter home until
there could be no more doubt. So, the intention of the Religious
Technology Center, according to Mr Rathbun, is to systematically wipe
out every other religion on this planet, follower by follower, by
first getting them into Scientology without any hassle, let them get
to a point of needing RTC approval before getting any more (higher
level) counselling or training, and then telling them that they either
give up their Faith or stop any further progress in Scientology. That
was the message that he had to get over to me. The fact that the books
were removed from a non-C.of S. bookstore by RTC and C. of S. is a
valid indicator of this as a very small example of a big problem.
I wonder how many religious leaders world-wide know of this Intention
to wipe out their Faiths?

I was so upset with this shocking attitude that I went home and ripped
to pieces the photo of Hubbard I had on the wall. Next day I drove to
Orlando just to get away from Clearwater and Flag land Base. When I
returned I found Mary Voegeding, President of Flag Servics Org and
Danny Keough inside my apartment building. They had gained access by
sneaking in through a side door and past another security door. I did
not invite the up to my apartment as they were not welcome. I spoke to
them for a while in the lobby area and then asked them to leave.

They merely wanted to make sure I would not cause a local public
relations "flap".
They were not interested in my well-being.

That last sentence would sum up all my experiences with Scientology.

By the end of 1996 I was on my way out, but not fully out, of
Scientology and a year later I was fully OUT.

SOME OF WHAT I LEARNED AND SAW LATER WITH HINDSIGHT (PARTIAL LIST)

1. SCIENTOLOGY IS INTERESTED IN ITS OWN SURVIVAL AT ANY COST.
INDIVIDUALS MAY ALWAYS BE SACRIFICED, EVEN WHEN FRIENDS, IF A
PERCEIVED THREAT ARISES THAT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THEM.

2. OSA (DEPT 20 OF THE "CHURCH" OF SCIENTOLOGY) IS A WAR DEPARTMENT
WITH HARMFUL AND TERRORISTIC TYPES OF ACTIVITIES, OPERATING COVERTLY
AND OVERTLY AGAINST GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS IN LANDS WHICH ARE AT
PEACE,INCLUDING THE U.S.A., WITH FUNDING FROM THE "CHURCH" OF
SCIENTOLOGY TO FANATICALLY FURTHER ITS AGENDAS AND DESTROY ANY AND ALL
WHO MAY SLOW ITS PROGRESS.

3. THE TRUST I HAD PLACED IN SCIENTOLOGY WAS NOT MERITED.

4. THE REAL PERSONALITY OF THE GROUP IS THE OPPOSITE OF ITS STATED
GOALS. IT CLAIMS TO WANT TO ELIMINATE WAR, CRIMINALITY, HATE AND
INSANITY YET USES THESE THINGS ON A DAILY BASIS.
To give an analogy of this, it is as if Saddam Hussein says "I will
only kill, oppress, murder, rob and torture people till I have no more
ememies then I will turn around and be loving and kind to everyone".
Just as one cannot get any sunshine out from deep within a cave, so
one can not get peace, love, sanity or honesty from out the dark heart
of Scientology.

***************

Roland

Aug 31, 2003, 4:22:31 AM8/31/03
Just what was in your advice to other aspiring artists that upset them?

LaserClam

Aug 31, 2003, 7:01:48 AM8/31/03
>From: kare...@msn.com (michael pattinson)
>Date: 8/31/03 1:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time

>To give a brief description, Mr Rathbun questioned me about my
>religious beliefs very intensely. He had heard from Danny that I had
>become interested in a religious kind of activity (a Christian-related
>spiritual activity designed to show me more clearly who "I
>am"....remember the OT8 result?) and that I was enjoying it so much
>that I was speaking to my friends about it, and some of them were
>becoming interested in reading about it. They loved it! I had even
>gotten a few copies of its literature into a local (non-C.of S.)
>bookstore.
>

>According to Mr, Rathbun, however, I was committing a rather big crime
>of some kind by speaking about my religious beliefs or faith to other
>Scientologists. I was not, in fact, proselytizing as I was not trying
>to take anyone out of Scientology.

Can't admit what you were trying to do?

Barbara Schwarz

Sep 3, 2003, 2:02:43 PM9/3/03
kare...@msn.com (michael pattinson) wrote in message news:<22c1ffd4.03083...@posting.google.com>...

Michael Pattinson is just such a conscienceless liar! In an earlier
posting he wrote that he is not sure if Marty Rathbun has an American
accent/dialect or not. If he was so intensively questioned by Marty,
how come he didn't notice the language?

Pattinson, how did you know it was Marty? Did he tell you that it is
him? Did he show you an identification? Why don't you post a picture
of the gentleman who allegedly talked to you on Flag? I think he did
not talk to you, because you are too unimportant for him to waste his
time with. He also could not talk to you because wrongfully
incarcerated since November 21, 1988.

Did you as a gay man have a crush on Marty? You knew that he is
straight and that you never would have a chance. That is why you
retaliated and framed him, right?

You made everything up about Marty. You described him completely out
of character. If you wanted to have another religion, he just would
have let you go. You weren't an asset for Scientology in anyway,
constantly in ethic troubles.

You also lied about that you never painted a picture with trees and
numbers. You told me in Munich that you painted the picture to be
interesting for the critics and you wanted to occupy them thinking
about you. You grave for attention and you never were a Scientologist,
but nothing but an infiltrator having completely other motives than
better yourself through SCN.

Barbara Schwarz

Barbara Schwarz

Barbara Schwarz