Scientology & The Truman Show

Magoo

Jan 22, 2006, 8:05:10 PM1/22/06
Why Do I Say Scientology is Like "The Truman Show"

Recently someone asked me if I'd written up my analogy of Scientology

And "The Truman Show". I don't think I have explained it

fully, so here it is:

Basically, "The Truman Show" is a movie about a man named

"Truman". Although the movie is about a TV show that Truman

is the star in, he's the only person who doesn't

know it's a TV show. He believes it IS real life, and for him, it is.

People watch the TV show daily, to find out what is happening with Truman.

As the show progresses, one notices the same people always in the same

Spots: "Good morning! Goooood Afternoon! Goooooooooooood Evening!"

Jim Carey says, throughout the show. This supposedly wonderful

and happy environment

Is created for him, daily, and he grins along with the actors and actresses,
not having a clue they are such.

The movie cuts to the Directors, actors, actresses, props, etc. throughout
the movie.
Also, they cut to people in "The real world" watching the TV show. All of
them

Feel for Truman, as he grows up and various things occur to him.

Slowly, Truman begins to notice all that I named above: The same people at
the same

Place each day, a camera up in the corner of the room, the phoniness, etc.
At first he just tries to jostle the 'show', to see if he can. He quickly
finds out he cannot.

As he begins what I call his waking up process, the show begins to fall
apart. He finally makes his plan, and gets in a boat, supposedly boating
across a lake. Of course the Director has been noticing this, and as such,
begins to freak out. He quickly orders bad weather to be created, to try to
stop Truman from going any farther. It doesn't work.

The fans are watching intently, out in the real world, cheering Truman on.

Truman keeps going, so the Director orders a huge storm to be created, which
will stop

Truman, or kill him.

Blown from here to there, he refuses to give up. Finally, the show opens
with he nearly

Dead on the side of the boat, with the sails smashed. He floats into a blue
wall, which he's been sure is 'the horizon' and finally clunks into it. It's
a wall!

He stands up, steps out of the boat into what he now realizes is only a few
feet of water,

and looks around: What is THIS? In a flash he gets it:
It's a movie/TV set....a show! He stands out of the boat, walks over to the
wall, and touches it.
There's no going back now. As Truman climbs up the stairs on the side of
the wall, and out of the set, people from the real world, watching the show,
all cheer
Truman is finally free!!!!

What does this have to do with Scientology? Well, please let me explain.
It began when I first left Scientology, after being in 30 Y E A R S.

People would ask me, "How could you possibly be in something like that for

30 Y E A R S, and not get what it was really about?"

I suddenly asked one man, "Did you ever see the movie, "The Truman Show"?

He looked like a light bulb came on: "Ohhhhhh yes!"

I said, "Exactly! When you're "in" Scientology, you literally ~cannot~ see
the walls.

Scientology is extremely insulated. As much as they promote they are all for
Freedom,

They basically enslave people daily. As much as they sell 'responsibility',
they are the exact opposite, lying to people, insisting they write up
"Knowledge Reports" if anyone dares to not "Keep Scientology Working".

Scientology constantly raves about how "Ethical" They are, yet how ethical
can a group be when they hire people to dig up dirt on people so they can
post and spread bigger lies about them?

Scientology says they believe in free speech, yet not one Scientologist is
allowed to now talk to me, even to find out why I left, or any other
X-Scientologist who they have declared a suppressive person.

Scientology says they believe in free thought, yet they don't allow people
to read various books, or watch various TV shows that might be tell facts
and truths about Scientology or L. Ron Hubbard they don't want known.

They insulate their people, the same as Truman was. I began "Waking up" the
day I got onto what they call "OT 7", their next to highest level, and it
didn't have what they'd all claimed in "Wins" it did. Then Scientology
Executives allowed a W.I.S.E. Company, "TRT" run by Bill and Ruth Bowen, to
screw my husband and his partner out of $150,000---all backed up by the
Executive of Scientology. That was a big chip in my own "Scio/Truman show".

I watched many people die on their top "OT" levels, and that was deeply
painful for me, yet I didn't see the Executives I knew seem to have any
attention on this. They set up PR actions, to prove they were a "real
religion", and I helped them with some of these. It wasn't until I realized
that was truly all they were, that this too became hard to shake. When we'd
return from "Helping people after the Earthquake".........what did these
same "Executives" ask? "What press was there, and Did we get any press?"

We set up a "Sunday Service" to prove to Clearwater, FL that we, too, were a
'real religion'.

Although fun, it took me years to finally get Hubbard really didn't believe
in God, or if he did, he certainly rarely mentioned it, and he was certainly
anti-angels, Jesus, churches, etc. They aren't a "non-denominational Church"
as they claim. Once you get up the "OT levels" you find out you're a
Scientologists or nothing. Oh sure, they'll humor people that it's fine to
be a "Catholic" too. Why? They can use that person for PR!

Also, it took me years and years to realize these were some of THE most
un-compassionate people I'd ever known. But, "A man hears what he wants to
hear, and disregards the rest".

Finally I was invited to help this small clandestine group of people at the
top who said they were working to 'Handle the critics of Scientology". My
own auditor (counselor) came over to my home to get me started, but first he
had to 'remove something from your computer". What was that? A "Net Nanny"
that screens out any of the bad things Scientology doesn't want their
members to read. That's insulation and proof that they lie to their members.
That's a longer story, but I'll tell you another time. Here's the entire
story re that:

www.lermanet.com/cos/toryonosa.htm

Basically, once I went onto the Internet, I realized they were trying to
stop free speech with the use of these phony accounts. Even then I didn't
totally wake up, but I knew I had to quite helping these people, and I'm a
free speech advocate.

It took a few more months for me to finally hit the wall, but I did, and I've
never looked back since.

It was a huge loss to lose my husband of 27 years, and all of my 30 year
"Friends",

But imagine being a person with your head stuck in the sand for 30 years. It's
been in there so long, you've forgotten there's any other world. Down under,
this group you belong to shows movies all day, and cheers you on for the
small accomplishments you do. They've convinced you this IS all there is,
and any other world is evil. Suddenly, due to various things that occur (as
above), the person begins to shift their head around.

Now this group has convinced this person there is no shifting around,
really, you can only listen. However, suddenly the person does begin to
shift, and the Earth shifts with her.

Ok, shift more, and more and more, and suddenly, she pops her head out of
the sand, and low and behold: THERE IS THE ENTIRE WORLD!!

Even more amazing, not only is the world there to view, as bad as this group
has made it sound IF one ever did end up with these supposedly horrible
people in the outside world, it turns out ALL of what they've said about
this world and it's people are a flat out lies, proven daily by themselves,
and those outside in the real world.

And that's why I call it "The Scio/Truman Show".

I hope that helps some :)

Tory Christman

Aka: Magoo!

Burbank, CA

(818) 841-3632

www.xenu.net

www.xenutv.com

www.torymagoo.org

www.altreligionscientology.org

Magoo

Jan 22, 2006, 8:07:57 PM1/22/06
PS: Sorry about the spacing in this: I did something wrong.

Also, at the end, it was supposed to add;
In Scientology for 30 years
Out for 5 years and a half
For thinking and speaking my mind,
I am now a declared suppressive person and expelled from C of S:
Free at LAST!

"Magoo" <mag...@charter.net> wrote in message

Michael Pattinson

Jan 22, 2006, 10:05:33 PM1/22/06
Thanks Tory, this is a really wonderfully clear and accurate post..an
a.r.s. classic to be sure!!
Love
Michael.

wbarwell

Jan 22, 2006, 10:27:26 PM1/22/06
Magoo wrote:

> They insulate their people, the same as Truman was. I began "Waking up"
> the day I got onto what they call "OT 7", their next to highest level,
> and it didn't have what they'd all claimed in "Wins" it did. Then
> Scientology Executives allowed a W.I.S.E. Company, "TRT" run by Bill
> and Ruth Bowen, to screw my husband and his partner out of
> $150,000---all backed up by the Executive of Scientology. That was a
> big chip in my own "Scio/Truman show".

I have never quite grasped this, how the big promises
work. Dianetics, teh book is obvious, it makes all
the big claims, clears get tremendous IQ gains,
clears get perfect memories, blah, blah, blah,.

But rarely do you see overt Big Claims above clear.
Not as overtly.

I do see this in the tapes.
I have heard that breathless tales
of Big People doing mighty things are whispered
about in orgs.

How do they get the Big Promises across to pre-OT course
Scientologists? When do you start getting exposed to
the tapes with their Big Promises scattered about?

How does the idea that OT I - OT VIII will
make you superman?

When do they dangle the bait and when do they
set the hook?

--

It's all coming down! It's all coming down!
IT'S ALL COMING DOWN!

Cheerful Charlie

Magoo

Jan 22, 2006, 10:39:29 PM1/22/06

"Michael Pattinson" <mpatt...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Thanks Tory, this is a really wonderfully clear and accurate post..an
> a.r.s. classic to be sure!!
> Love
> Michael.Why Do I Say Scientology is Like "The Truman Show"

Thank you, Michael! I'm so happy you liked it :) Someone asked me to write
it, and I was hoping it communicated well. It didn't type out well, for some
odd reason, so is this better? I fixed it, so let's see if it's a better
format. Here ya go:

[...]

returned from "Helping people after the Earthquake".........what did these

same "Executives" ask? "What press was there, and Did we get any press?"

We set up a "Sunday Service" to prove to Clearwater, FL that we, too, were a
'real religion'. Although fun, it took me years to finally get Hubbard
really didn't believe in God, or if he did, he certainly rarely mentioned
it, and he was certainly anti-angels, Jesus, churches, etc. They aren't a
"non-denominational Church"
as they claim. Once you get up the "OT levels" you find out you're a
Scientologists or nothing. Oh sure, they'll humor people that it's fine to

be a "Catholic", or any other religion, esp. if it's considered a 'real
religion'. Why? They can use that person for PR!

[...]

In Scientology for 30 Y E A R S, now
X-OT 7, X-Grad 4, Flag Interned Sec Checker and FPRD auditor,
X-Sea Org, (briefly), X-Staff, X-OSA volunteer for 20 years,
X-OSA Int Top Secret Internet Mafia person, X-Scientology
Parishioner's League Executive Director
For thinking for myself, and speaking my mind, I was declared
a Suppressive Person and declared (woo Hoo!)
FREE AT LAST!

For more information, please see:
www.xenu.net
www.xenutv.com
www.torymagoo.org
www.lermanet.com/cos/toryonosa.htm
www.altreligionscientology.org

If you want freedom, you have to take it, and many
times in protecting freedoms, there is great pain.
Which means more to you? Your day to day cult, or freedom?
If you answered Freedom, read, look, learn, listen, wake up!

If you quickly thought, "Scientology isn't a cult": STOP
LISTENING TO THEM: THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU!
They minute you cannot read or talk to people, you are under a spell.
Give me a call.

Burbank, CA
(818) 841-3632

Magoo

Jan 22, 2006, 10:41:59 PM1/22/06
Does anyone know why this keeps changing the sentence structure?
I re-did it, again, so the sentences were all just one sentence, but it ends
up dividing it
up
like this. That's weird. Can anyone guide me on this? I wrote it in Word,
but I just fixed it here (Outlook Express), and it still got odd.
Please help.
Tory

"Magoo" <mag...@charter.net> wrote in message

Magoo

Jan 22, 2006, 10:49:50 PM1/22/06

"wbarwell" <wbar...@mylinuxisp.com> wrote in message
I think people get an idea, just as you've said, that people hear big
claims. We did, but that's not always the case.
Let's show how it works:

Guy meets Scientologist, and they're out getting people "in".

"Hi. Blah blah blah, do a personality test".
Done, meets with person.

"Your test shows that you are high in organization, but your relationship
skills are very poor, you're quite low in responsibility,
and you are quite shy although you love humor which hides that".

Let's say the person agrees, or at least agrees with relationships.
"That's right! Girls never like me".

Registrar: "Well, there's a chance Scientology can help you".

True story. Guy signs up for Communication course, and bingo! They've caught
a fish.

Now,,,,,,,,,"in the old days", there USED to be all kinds of written claims
about OT.
OT was "Cause over matter, energy, space and time".
However, due to SO many failures, and flaps, they took all of that
off the "Bridge" so it isn't written anywhere.

But yes, you read Hubbard's books, his tapes, and slowly the picture is
painted: OT's can do anything!

I used to have people calling me up, true story, and say:
"Tory, my Dad is in the hospital and is dying of ____, will you go in
session and help him?"

Now truthfully, I honestly didn't have ANY tools to do that. But could I
say, "I can't do that, there is NO tech for that?"
No, I couldn't ..as that would be considered, "out security".
So I'd say, "I'll do what I can do".

So stories get passed around and around and around.
Also BS stories are passed around, and people believe them,
because THEY WANT TO BELIEVE THEM.

Hope that helps :)

Tory/Magoo~

Zinj

Jan 23, 2006, 12:03:32 AM1/23/06
In article <43d4...@news2.lightlink.com>, mag...@charter.net says...

> Does anyone know why this keeps changing the sentence structure?
> I re-did it, again, so the sentences were all just one sentence, but it ends
> up dividing it
> up
> like this. That's weird. Can anyone guide me on this? I wrote it in Word,
> but I just fixed it here (Outlook Express), and it still got odd.
> Please help.
> Tory
> "Magoo" <mag...@charter.net> wrote in message

Don't bring text straight from 'Word' into any newsreader for upload.
Word embeds its own 'formatting', which makes a mess.

Instead, write your posts in Wordpad or Notepad or other pure 'text
editor' and copy and paste from there.

Zinj
--
Katie came for the Tom; not for the Ron
It's always bait and switch.

Susan

Jan 23, 2006, 12:18:47 AM1/23/06
That's an excellent explanation Tory.

I never saw that movie. Now I understand.

Susan

Magoo

Jan 23, 2006, 1:44:49 AM1/23/06

"Zinj" <zinj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ok thanks very much. I had no idea. Good info, for sure.

Tory/Magoo~

Message has been deleted

Kevin Brady

Jan 23, 2006, 2:04:07 AM1/23/06
auto...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Magoo wrote:
>
>>Why Do I Say Scientology is Like "The Truman Show"
>

> Because you are stupid and a liar, Tory. Your handlers, the p$ychs are
> the controllers of the world and are watching anybody. You are a fool.
> You work for them. Shame on you.

What Auto means to say is that because the Church is concerned about
Tory being an opinion leader in what they consider an opposition group,
he has been assigned to try to destroy her reputation or key her in.
The fact that his efforts are incompetent and ineffective probably means
he'll have to run around a pole for a few days in the sun sometime soon.
Don't worry, Auto! It's good for you! Just make sure to drink enough
water! If David Mayo could run around a pole for weeks in the desert,
you can too!

--
"Our war has been forced to become 'To take over absolutely the field of
mental healing on this planet in all forms.'

That was not the original purpose. The original purpose was to clear
Earth. The battles suffered developed the data that we had an enemy who
would have to be gotten out of the way and this meant that we were at war …

By showing him to be brutal, venal and plotting we get him discarded.

Our direct assault will come when they start to arrest his principals
and troops for crimes (already begun).

Our total victory will come when we run his organisations, perform his
functions and obtain his financing and appropriations."

-- L. Ron Hubbard
"The WAR", 2 Dec 69

Magoo

Jan 23, 2006, 2:10:45 AM1/23/06

<auto...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Magoo wrote:
>> Why Do I Say Scientology is Like "The Truman Show"
>
> Because you are stupid and a liar, Tory.

Ahhhh....a brilliant statement, thank you! Name calling is always
the best in critical thinking, and showing how religious and compassionate
Scientologists from C of S are.

Your handlers, the p$ychs are
> the controllers of the world and are watching anybody. You are a fool.
> You work for them. Shame on you.

Copy Cat.

Nice shot, BS, but nooooooooooo cigar on that one, darlin.

I actually created that line of BS years ago, saying Bob Minton must be paid
by the psychs (Which at the time I believed: Just a combo of "The Tech",
plus OSA's lies==that computation, which turned out to be utterly false, of
course).

Ya, me and the "psychs" are really tight. Just ask um. Oh that's right: YOU
CAN'T TALK TO THEM, can you? hahahahahha!
Brain washed cultie! And this is what you got into Scientology years ago to
do?

Tory/Magoo~~
Thrilled to be "out" of Scientology, forever.

> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
> "I made a web site to inform others about my concerns. It is not
> unbiased or objective, and it never claimed it was." --
> Andreas Heldal-Lund (arrested Andreas Heldal-Lund, associate to
> convicted terrorist Lars Gule and owner of hate website Clambake)
> -- Heldal-Lund is a member of the Heathen Society of Norway, a hate
> group dedicated to the destruction of all organized religion,
> particularly Christianity.
>
> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
> "My money comes mostly from the US government, not corporations. So if
> we raise taxes and hike the NSF and NIH and DARPA budgets, that would
> be to my benefit...I am already overpaid." --David Stuart Touretzky
> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

realpch

Jan 23, 2006, 2:13:09 AM1/23/06
Magoo wrote:

> Does anyone know why this keeps changing the sentence structure?
> I re-did it, again, so the sentences were all just one sentence, but it ends
> up dividing it
> up
> like this. That's weird. Can anyone guide me on this? I wrote it in Word,
> but I just fixed it here (Outlook Express), and it still got odd.
> Please help.
> Tory
<snip>

It's not sentence structure, it's line length. You may have set up Word
to insert "hard" returns or make a "hard wrap" at a particular line
length. You will see it as illustrated above if you import it into
something set with a shorter line length than yours has been set at.
Sometimes you see something like this:

It's not sentence structure, it's
line length. You may have set up
Word to insert "hard" returns or
make a "hard wrap" at a
particular line length. You will
see it as illustrated above if
you import it into something set
with a shorter line length than
yours has been set at.

I copied my text into a text editor and then asked it to do a hard wrap
at 33 characters. Your stuff shows what happens when you put in hard
returns at a longer line length than your (and usually everyone else's)
newsreader is set at (usually 72 characters per line). Don't compose
your stuff with hard wraps.

Hope you can make sense of that.

Peach

Magoo

Jan 23, 2006, 2:12:32 AM1/23/06

"Kevin Brady" <gomo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> auto...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Magoo wrote:
>>
>>>Why Do I Say Scientology is Like "The Truman Show"
>>

>> Because you are stupid and a liar, Tory. Your handlers, the p$ychs are
>> the controllers of the world and are watching anybody. You are a fool.
>> You work for them. Shame on you.
>>
> What Auto means to say is that because the Church is concerned about Tory
> being an opinion leader in what they consider an opposition group, he has
> been assigned to try to destroy her reputation or key her in. The fact
> that his efforts are incompetent and ineffective probably means he'll have
> to run around a pole for a few days in the sun sometime soon. Don't worry,
> Auto! It's good for you! Just make sure to drink enough water! If David
> Mayo could run around a pole for weeks in the desert, you can too!

LOL! Good one, Kevin.

Tory/Magoo~~

Kevin Brady

Jan 23, 2006, 2:14:03 AM1/23/06
Magoo wrote:
> <auto...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Magoo wrote:
>>
>>>Why Do I Say Scientology is Like "The Truman Show"
>>
>>Because you are stupid and a liar, Tory.
>

> Ahhhh....a brilliant statement, thank you! Name calling is always
> the best in critical thinking, and showing how religious and compassionate
> Scientologists from C of S are.
>
> Your handlers, the p$ychs are
>
>>the controllers of the world and are watching anybody. You are a fool.
>>You work for them. Shame on you.
>
> Copy Cat.
>
> Nice shot, BS, but nooooooooooo cigar on that one, darlin.
>
> I actually created that line of BS years ago, saying Bob Minton must be paid
> by the psychs (Which at the time I believed: Just a combo of "The Tech",
> plus OSA's lies==that computation, which turned out to be utterly false, of
> course).
>
> Ya, me and the "psychs" are really tight. Just ask um. Oh that's right: YOU
> CAN'T TALK TO THEM, can you? hahahahahha!
> Brain washed cultie! And this is what you got into Scientology years ago to
> do?
>
> Tory/Magoo~~
> Thrilled to be "out" of Scientology, forever.

No, Tory: obviously, this clown got into scientology to oppose psychs!
Well, that and to talk to BTs.

Magoo

Jan 23, 2006, 2:16:17 AM1/23/06

"realpch" <rea...@aol.com> wrote in message

Thanks, Peach, yes, that helps a bunch. So how do I undo
a Hard wrap? Where would it be set up? My guess is in the
Settings, but under what?

Thanks for the info!

Tory/Magoo~~

Magoo

Jan 23, 2006, 2:18:41 AM1/23/06

"Kevin Brady" <gomo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Yes, he and his pal, little Tommy Cruise. I'm sure Scientology
is soooooooooooo proud of this posters excellent display of utter nothings.
He should be soooooooo proud.

Tory/Magoo

zeeorger

Jan 23, 2006, 2:21:38 AM1/23/06

CC,

I think it took some time to tear down the wall of lies.

Most of those who orginally left the CoS saw themself forming splinter
goups.
David Mayo and his ACC effort, CBR and his Ron's Org, the FZ. ... There
are
exceptions - people who left and then dug deeper. I will be forever
gratefull to
them.

The promises of "OT powers" can be found, indirectly, in the "wins"
published
in scientology magazines 'source', 'freewinds', etc. These are also
sold through
travelling tours. Flag and Freewinds Tours go around each org to get
you to buy
their Flag-Only of Freewinds-Only services. Indirectly promising that
their
"service" will either solve whatever is "wrong" or yield some great
restored ability.

LRH did hit upon a very basic human desire, self-improvement combined
with
spiritual understanding. Published "wins" (including my own) together
with
endless lies about various outpoints, keeps the show going.

realpch

Jan 23, 2006, 2:45:47 AM1/23/06

Hmmm. I don't see any references to text wrapping anywhere in my copy of
Outlook Express. Like Zinj said, it's coming from your saved Word
document, whose format is somehow inserting the hard returns. There's a
number of ways this could be happening. It won't happen if you just save
the stuff as a text only file (the choice without line breaks) rather
than a Word document. Or compose stuff in a plain text editor as Zinj
has suggested.

Peach

zeeorger

Jan 23, 2006, 3:01:26 AM1/23/06
auto...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Magoo wrote:
> > Why Do I Say Scientology is Like "The Truman Show"
>
> Because you are stupid and a liar, Tory. Your handlers, the p$ychs are

> the controllers of the world and are watching anybody. You are a fool.
> You work for them. Shame on you.

Auto2629,

You have been LIED TO by the CoS, by LRH, by your own peers.

I have seen and read it with my own eyes, heard it with my own ears.
You can Black-PR/Dead-Agent every critic, I would still not belive you
or the re-gurgitated bull you keep putting out.

"I swear upon the altar of God, eternal hostility to every form of
tyranny over the mind of man." - Thomas Jefferson.

zeeorger

Jan 23, 2006, 3:42:18 AM1/23/06
auto...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Magoo wrote:
> > Why Do I Say Scientology is Like "The Truman Show"
>
> Because you are stupid and a liar, Tory. Your handlers, the p$ychs are
> the controllers of the world and are watching anybody. You are a fool.
> You work for them. Shame on you.

Auto,

You have been LIED TO by the CoS, by LRH, by your own peers.

I have seen and read it with my own eyes, heard it with my own ears.

You can Black-PR/Dead-Agent every critic on the internet, I would still

not belive you or the re-gurgitated bull you keep putting out.

You are having no effect other than to make a total ass of yourself by
abeting criminals.

wbarwell

Jan 23, 2006, 8:19:50 AM1/23/06
Magoo wrote:

> <auto...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Magoo wrote:
>>> Why Do I Say Scientology is Like "The Truman Show"
>>
>> Because you are stupid and a liar, Tory.
>
> Ahhhh....a brilliant statement, thank you! Name calling is always
> the best in critical thinking, and showing how religious and
> compassionate Scientologists from C of S are.

And lies from a creep to cowardly to even use his
real same.

Always a bad sign.

wbarwell

Jan 23, 2006, 8:17:21 AM1/23/06
auto...@yahoo.com wrote:

* Government Reports on Scientology *

http://www.xenu.net/archive/audit/

Foster Report England
Anderson Report Australia
Dumbleton - Powles Report New Zeeland
Lee Report Canada

Plus, much, much more!

http://www.xenu.net/archive/audit/

Lermanet.com

Jan 23, 2006, 8:27:45 AM1/23/06
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 17:05:10 -0800, "Magoo" <mag...@charter.net>
wrote:

>Why Do I Say Scientology is Like "The Truman Show"
>

>Recently someone asked me if I'd written up my analogy of Scientology
>
>And "The Truman Show". I don't think I have explained it
>
> fully, so here it is:

this is a hell of a great post, tory!

arnie

Arnaldo Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON

I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speake

If the Borg were to breed with the Ferengi you'd get Scientology!

29 November 1995 - Memorandum Opinion Judge Leonie Brinkema
"the Court is now convinced that the primary motivation of RTC in suing Lerma, DGS and The Post is to stifle criticism of Scientology in general and to harass its critics. "

The internet is the Liberty Tree

http://www.lermanet.com/faqs.html#psychiatry
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hubbard-the-hypnotist.htm
http://www.lermanet.com/scientology/altreligionscientology-killfile-settings.htm
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/crowley-hubbard-666.htm
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/flint-suicides-in-scientology-040383.htm
both with IMAGES!!

"Scientologists believe that most human problems
can be traced to lingering spirits of an extraterrestrial
people massacred by their ruler, Xenu, over 75 million
years ago. These spirits attach themselves by "clusters"
to individuals in the contemporary world, causing
spiritual harm and negatively influencing the lives
of their hosts"
[Judge Leonie Brinkema 4 Oct 96 Memorandum Opinion]

What do we get from getting people out of scientology?
We create an individual who has become a Houdini of
all mind traps.. folks who won't be fooled again.
People who can DE-program, People who can spring mental
traps..

We create, by freeing someone of scientology, a being
who has the ability to break the strongest slave chains
of all.

Those forged of lies. (c) Arnaldo Lerma

Keith Henson

Jan 23, 2006, 2:43:31 PM1/23/06
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:27:26 -0600, wbarwell <wbar...@mylinuxisp.com>
wrote:

snip

>How do they get the Big Promises across to pre-OT course
>Scientologists? When do you start getting exposed to
>the tapes with their Big Promises scattered about?
>
>How does the idea that OT I - OT VIII will
>make you superman?
>
>When do they dangle the bait and when do they
>set the hook?

You miss the point. As I did for years and even 6 months after
hearing this woman at a party talk about her time in scn like a junky
talked about shooting meth and smack.

The promises and such are just fluff on the surface. What is really
going on is the high levels of social attention in TRs and auditing.

The attention is causing the release of endorphins and dopamine right
into the same reward pathways that are hit by addictive drugs.

Depending (probably) on your genetics and how much attention you are
getting in your real life, scientology can be a total addict trip.
(Same for *all* cults.)

You are not going to get to many of these people through showing them
what BS scientology promises any more than you can talk a junky out of
shooting junk.

But the new drugs coming along to treat addiction will probably get
people off scientology.

Keith Henson

Eldonbraun

Jan 23, 2006, 3:07:41 PM1/23/06
Keith Henson wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:27:26 -0600, wbarwell <wbar...@mylinuxisp.com>
> wrote:
>
> snip
> >
> >How do they get the Big Promises across to pre-OT course
> >Scientologists? When do you start getting exposed to
> >the tapes with their Big Promises scattered about?
> >
> >How does the idea that OT I - OT VIII will
> >make you superman?
> >
> >When do they dangle the bait and when do they
> >set the hook?
>
> You miss the point. As I did for years and even 6 months after
> hearing this woman at a party talk about her time in scn like a junky
> talked about shooting meth and smack.
>
> The promises and such are just fluff on the surface. What is really
> going on is the high levels of social attention in TRs and auditing.

Keith,

I don't think it's just social attention. It is addiction, and the
group/pack mentality has a lot to do with it for many people. But
people can get the same high from solitary meditation-- the old bit
about the Tibetan monks sealing you inside a cave and passing food
through a slot while you lick water off a rock or whatever. In
Scientology, people do spend long stretches of time doing SOLO
auditing, remember.

The drugs (endorphins) are partially produced through trance states.
Those can be induced through techniques other than love-bombing or
anything else that requires a group experience. A crack house does have
a certain social ambience, but it's dependent on the availability of
crack. So... it works in both directions, doesn't it?

Just something to consider. I'm not saying your analysis is incorrect
by a long shot, but I think that's not all there is to it.

John

Jan 23, 2006, 5:48:01 PM1/23/06

"Magoo" <mag...@charter.net> wrote in message
snip

> Now truthfully, I honestly didn't have ANY tools to do that. But could I
> say, "I can't do that, there is NO tech for that?"
> No, I couldn't ..as that would be considered, "out security".
> So I'd say, "I'll do what I can do".
>
> So stories get passed around and around and around.
> Also BS stories are passed around, and people believe them,
> because THEY WANT TO BELIEVE THEM.
>
> Hope that helps :)
>
> Tory/Magoo~

This reminds me of something I haven't had an answer to before. Does the CoS
have any official OT miracles attributed to Hubbard himself?

John

Jan 23, 2006, 5:50:12 PM1/23/06

"Keith Henson" <hkhe...@rogers.com> wrote in message

The OT abilities also feed into some of the cult-think... We are The Chosen
Few, Better Than All-a You.
I'm sure that OT abilities are also used as bait, I know as some point as a
teenager I would have been fascinated, although I hope I would have asked
for a demonstration.

Zinj

Jan 23, 2006, 5:57:07 PM1/23/06
In article <dr3mf2$d7s$1...@perki.connect.com.au>, ju...@junk.com says...

Official? No. They're very careful about putting a 'Church' imprimatur
on any 'miracles' that would require them to admit that the 'belief' is
that Hubbard is merely off in other galaxies doing 'research' in front
of 'wogs'.

But, there are lots of 'Thank you Ron!' win stories in Scientology
published magazines that at least approach Ginnie's 'Ron Gave Me a
Piano' story, and, you can count on there being lots of 'word of mouth'
miracles going the rounds out of the sight of woggy eyes.

Keith Henson

Jan 23, 2006, 9:59:36 PM1/23/06
On 23 Jan 2006 12:07:41 -0800, "Eldonbraun" <Eldo...@aol.com> wrote:

>Keith Henson wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:27:26 -0600, wbarwell <wbar...@mylinuxisp.com>
>> wrote:

snip

>> >How do they get the Big Promises across to pre-OT course
>> >Scientologists? When do you start getting exposed to
>> >the tapes with their Big Promises scattered about?

>> You miss the point. As I did for years and even 6 months after

>> hearing this woman at a party talk about her time in scn like a junky
>> talked about shooting meth and smack.
>>
>> The promises and such are just fluff on the surface. What is really
>> going on is the high levels of social attention in TRs and auditing.
>
>Keith,
>
>I don't think it's just social attention. It is addiction, and the
>group/pack mentality has a lot to do with it for many people. But
>people can get the same high from solitary meditation-- the old bit
>about the Tibetan monks sealing you inside a cave and passing food
>through a slot while you lick water off a rock or whatever.

I don't think I have claimed that social attention is the only way to
get an endorphin high but I think that's the main thing that hooks
people into scientology (and other cults).

>In
>Scientology, people do spend long stretches of time doing SOLO
>auditing, remember.

That's true. But it may be like hard core junkys shooting up water,
after a while the high gets associated with the precursor acts
(operant conditions of the classical kind).

>The drugs (endorphins) are partially produced through trance states.
>Those can be induced through techniques other than love-bombing or
>anything else that requires a group experience. A crack house does have
>a certain social ambience, but it's dependent on the availability of
>crack. So... it works in both directions, doesn't it?

True, the crack is the main reward in a crack house, but the sewing is
not the main reward for a sewing circle. There it is the social
ambiance.

>Just something to consider. I'm not saying your analysis is incorrect
>by a long shot, but I think that's not all there is to it.

Understand, but there is a limited amount you can say in a usenet
posting before people hit "next." :-)

snip

Keith Henson

Keith Henson

Jan 23, 2006, 10:11:26 PM1/23/06
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:50:12 +1100, "John" <ju...@junk.com> wrote:

>"Keith Henson" <hkhe...@rogers.com> wrote in message

snip

>The OT abilities also feed into some of the cult-think... We are The Chosen
>Few, Better Than All-a You.

Sure. Much like the kind of status an older and successful hunter
would have. And sure the people look up to such gurus and think they
would like the adulation.

Only, it is completely hollow. OT status isn't worth spit in the real
world.

>I'm sure that OT abilities are also used as bait, I know as some point as a
>teenager I would have been fascinated, although I hope I would have asked
>for a demonstration.

Patrick Jost asked for one and even poured a glass of ice water into a
woman's cleavage in an attempt to get one. :-)

Could someone repost that story? The new people would get a kick out
of it.

Keith henson

John

Jan 23, 2006, 10:58:08 PM1/23/06

"Zinj" <zinj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ahuh. Even unofficial would do. It's just that I've *never* come across
*anyone* ever saying that Hubbard did anything superhuman, or even anyone
claiming that Hubbard himself claiming he did anything superhuman where
someone else might have witnessed it. There just doesn't seem to be anthing
along the lines of "And then Hubbard winked at me and the ashtray floated
out the window!" sort of thing. Are there any stories like that floating
around the Orgs?

John

Jan 23, 2006, 11:02:39 PM1/23/06

"Keith Henson" <hkhe...@rogers.com> wrote in message

I love that story. It's the idea that the OT spent years in this rarified
environment where everyone they know assumes they have Weird Powers, and
they grow to believe it themselves, only to have someone finally call them
on it.

> Keith henson

realpch

Jan 23, 2006, 11:05:09 PM1/23/06

From:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~kspaink/cos/mpoulter/sods/jost.html

"A few nights later, I had dinner with my "sposor"; I didn't
know it when I set up the dinner, but two "representatives"
from the CoS came along as well.

My sponsor didn't get to say more than "hello"; the two
CoS reps told me that I had betrayed my sponsor, the
Church, Hubbard, my fellow Scientologists, and
that I was a criminal. They said I had committed a
"high crime" by attacking the Ethics Officer.

I was told that the ONLY way "out" was to sign up for
the Sea Org-then and there-and promise to pay not only
for all of the services I had received, but for what
I gathered was about two years of additional training
and auditing.

I said that I was not going to join the Sea Org, not
pay them anything, and not stop asking questions. One
of them said "you know, I could kill you right now...
with a thought". I said "well, you know, I've been asking
for demonstrations for a while now, why don't you just
do it and get it over with?"

The reply was something like "don't worry, we'll get
you when we have to".

I said "let me give you some incentive" and poured
a glass of water down the front of her blouse. I
got up and left the restaurant. Yes, I know it was
rude, but I did-and still do-want to see a demonstration
of all these powers that I've heard about and been
threatened with. I figured a little ice water ought
to provoke even an operating thetan into action...

And, surprisingly, that's about it. I got an
"invoice" from them about two months later,
which I ignored."

Magoo

Jan 23, 2006, 11:51:01 PM1/23/06

"John" <ju...@junk.com> wrote in message

Demonstration? Are you kidding? We could demonstrate it to you
right here, right now, but IF you don't understand the secrets we know, you
won't see them, even, as we're at a higher plain of consciousness.

Sort of that vein of Bullshit, and more.

See how that goes? It leave you to dub in (Or make up) whatever your mind
owns or thinks to be "OT".

Very tricky.

Tory/Magoo~~

Magoo

Jan 23, 2006, 11:53:53 PM1/23/06

"Lermanet.com" <ale...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 17:05:10 -0800, "Magoo" <mag...@charter.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Why Do I Say Scientology is Like "The Truman Show"
>>

>>Recently someone asked me if I'd written up my analogy of Scientology
>>
>>And "The Truman Show". I don't think I have explained it
>>
>> fully, so here it is:
>>

> this is a hell of a great post, tory!

Hey thanks, Arnie! I hope you add it to your site. I think it
helps explain the 'show' quite well, eh?
Best to you :)

Tory/Magoo~~

John

Jan 24, 2006, 1:09:47 AM1/24/06

> "John" <ju...@junk.com> wrote in message

snip

>> The OT abilities also feed into some of the cult-think... We are The
>> Chosen Few, Better Than All-a You.
>> I'm sure that OT abilities are also used as bait, I know as some point as
>> a teenager I would have been fascinated, although I hope I would have
>> asked for a demonstration.
>
> Demonstration? Are you kidding? We could demonstrate it to you
> right here, right now, but IF you don't understand the secrets we know,
> you won't see them, even, as we're at a higher plain of consciousness.
>
> Sort of that vein of Bullshit, and more.
>
> See how that goes? It leave you to dub in (Or make up) whatever your mind
> owns or thinks to be "OT".
>>
> Very tricky.

Dammit! I want to see that floating ashtray!

Magoo

Jan 24, 2006, 1:33:47 AM1/24/06

"John" <ju...@junk.com> wrote in message

LOL! Ok: I ~~will~~~you to floooooooooooooaaaaat

Y o u r rrrrrrr flllllloooooooooaaaaatttttiiiinnnnnngggggggg.

Feel it?

See? I'm OT!

Tory/Magoo~~

John