Affidavit of Sam Moskowitz corrected

Palinurus

Jan 1, 2004, 12:50:09 AM1/1/04
AFFIDAVIT

STATE OF NEW JERSEY )
) ss.:
COUNTY OF ESSEX )

SAM MOSKOWITZ, being duly sworn, deposes and says:

1. My residence is 361 Roseville Avenue, Newark, New
Jersey 07107, USA. I am fully familiar with the facts stated
herein, and I submit this affidavit for use in a lawsuit which I
understand is pending in the Federal Republic of Germany.

2. On November 7, 1948, I attended a meeting of the
Eastern Science Fiction Association which was held at the Slovak
Sokol located at 358 Morris Avenue, Newark, New Jersey, USA. There
were approximately 23 persons present at the meeting.

3. I was the Director of the Eastern Science Fiction
Association and had invited Mr. L. Ron Hubbard to speak at the
November 7, 1948 meeting.

4. After speaking for about an hour at the meeting, Mr.
Hubbard answered questions from the audience. He made the
following statement in response to a question about making money
from writing:

"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you
want to get rich, you start a religion."

5. After the meeting, a number of us took Mr. Hubbard
to dinner at the Hickory Grill in Newark, New Jersey.

Sam Moskowitz

Warrior

Jan 1, 2004, 1:12:33 AM1/1/04