(MPES) CONCLUSION Michael Pattinson's Experiences with Scientology. Part13.

michael pattinson

Sep 1, 2003, 1:08:41 AM9/1/03
(MPES) CONCLUSION

This is the final posting in this series of "My Story" from a new
Scientologist to New OT8 and the out of Scientology, and more. Thanks
to all of you who were sufficiently interested to learn about it all.
It was "hell" on earth to submit to the cult's indoctrination, Fair
Game tactics and heartlessness. It has certainly taught me to avoid
the "cult" mentality and form of organization in the future. I still
have a strong desire to be of service, in my own way now, though, and
I want to help mankind do better and better, but in my own way and
using my own inspirations and talents. I am now closer to God than
ever before, and Life is my true friend. I have gained a lot of love,
insight, depth of soul and freedom from reading and practising
non-cult spiritual or "New Age"/Inspirational books and got more from
them, by FAR than anything I ever got from Scientology.

For people who decide to finally leave Scientology...bravo!

***************

In 1998 I was living in Long Beach and reading a.r.s. (newsgroup
alt.religion.scientology) and seeing how many more than just myself
had been harmed, killed, scammed and betrayed by Scientology's core
management and founder. I made inquiries about a possible court case
against them for what I had been put through. Frank Oliver put me in
touch with Graham Berry, a lawywer from Santa Monica, of New Zealand
origin.

I had barely even MET Graham before friends of mine, in Paris were
already being called in to "disconnect" from me! Helena Hamer and
Michel Cambray were just two examples; fascinating that the mere
approach to litigation with Graham Berry drove OSA wild. I consulted
with him and we agreed to file a lawsuit. I had a good job creating
art for a major gallery chain in Tokyo, Beverly Hills, Paris and
London. My income was sufficient to finance the lawsuit, so we
thought. I wanted to get full, reasonable and merited compensation for
all the abuses and frauds I wrote about in (MPES) 1-12.

I left all details and strategies to Graham, as I knew virtually
nothing of litigation or such matters. He did his filing of the case
in May 1998 in Los Angeles. Far from following normal litigation
procedures and trying to win the case as defendants the OSA litigation
mob and its clients used many Hubbard war tactics instead while
pretending to follow the due process of the Courts.

To summarize, as I understand it from hindsight; (more may be added
later)

1. In 1998 all 3 of Graham's partners in his law firm left
precipitously (in a hurry) and had, apparently, been contacted by OSA
beforehand. They left on bad terms and lied to me, their client, about
matters of some importance before doing so. It was very suspicious as
a way of "doing business". It seemed to me that they had either been
threatened or blackmailed from the manner in which they left so
hurriedly.

2. The cult's lawyers then used the overwhelm of working alone to bury
Graham under avalanches of litigation overload. This was a very heavy
flow of demands for huge numbers of items, all of which would use up
enormous amounts of time and money. This was used as a continuing
tactic all the way through.

3. The lawyers for the cult defendants were constantly using personal
character assassination attacks against Graham in very many filings.

4. The litigation cult lawyers did many other things (that have been
included in requests for criminal complaints against Scientology sent
to John Ashcroft) that were simply "Fair Game" personal attacks in
both my, and Graham's, personal life and contacts. This involved, but
was not limited to, some phone tapping, surveillance, private
investigators, neighborhood disinformation tactics, alienation of
staff and support or friends, cutting off of credit, income,
assistance and counter-lawsuits which were frivolous. It also involved
terror tactics (to scare her away from being my friend and supporter)
and lies 9about the reality of my case in the Court) against a dear
friend of mine, done by Eugene Ingram, a fired L.A. bad cop who does
dirty work for Scientology.

5. By some tactic I do not know about, the cult lawyers got the judge
to instruct that our "discovery" (giving of all my personal documents,
depositions, financial records, personal letters, reports etc..)
should be 100% complete before the cult defendents should give us
anything at all! I gave all I had, they gave zero! I was not the one
on trial, but they reversed the process. It seemed like a travesty of
justice to me, but I am not trained in that field.

6. Graham Berry was also targetted, atacked personally over and over
again and bankrupted by OSA. They then vehemently OPPOSED his
bankruptcy proceedings to stick him in it for years. His efforts to
represent me were destroyed. He had other issues than mine with OSA,
from past litigation, but when he represented me he was crushed till
he could go no further.

As far as I was concerned, the cult's litigation gang filed a lawsuit
against me for non-repayment of a loan I had received from a public
Scientologist (Michel Reveillere). Michael had lent me about $26,000
back in 1990-91. I had paid him back about $6,000 before OSA smashed
all my income sources in France by 1992-93. I could no longer pay
Michel back, but it was no "refusal". So, they accused me of
defaulting on the loan. I had to give 2 days deposition, and had to
give my employer's name and address as part of the proceedings.
Suddenly, less than 10 days later I was "fired" by the gallery! I had
a 100% sales record with them just prior, so the chances of that being
"Fair Game " was very high indeed. In the Reveillere lawsuit
scientology asked for a summary judgement, and it was granted by the
judge. I didn't even have a chance to defend myself properly. Michel
Reveillere was "awarded" $64,000.00 as loan plus compound interest. I
could not pay it as I had lost my job, so was forced to declare
bankruptcy. By 2000 I had to dismiss the case against Scientology, not
because it had no merit, as it had tons of merit and the cult knew it.
I had to dismiss it because I had no more funding. By that time I had
lost my home, my bank acount, credit, job, career as an artist,
clients and case, pretty much all due to "Fair Game" tactics. Not only
was the playing field not level, it was like a cliff face with
Scientology's lawyers standing on a mountain of defrauded monies
throwing heavy objects down on us below. They did not want to litigate
the case as they knew they would lose it heavily; so they decided to
destroy the plaintiff and his lawyer's personal lives to "win".

This is an interesting aspect; When I accepted the loan from Michel
Reveillere he was a "public" scientologist in Paris. Later in the
1990s he joined staff in.....OSA! Scientology used this fact of him
being a staff member of theirs to get him to file a lawsuit against me
in the USA to get a huge money judgement and bankrupt me. The matter
of personal debts in Scientololgy is very widespread. With weekly
demands for monies from memebers it is a frequent practice to borrow
from all over, and many go beyond what they can truly pay back. There
were probably thousands of Scientologists who had personal debts
outstanding, and many who were probably refusing to repay them. The
cult's litigation mob was not taking up all those thousands of
outstanding loans and filing lawsuits there. No, just mine, and were
paying all Michel's legal costs from church funds, even though it was
a PERSONAL loan. In addition, it was Michel's very own department
(OSA) that had crashed my businesses in France! They were the ones who
had PREVENTED Michel from getting paid back! I was already doing so at
the time.

I had to go through about 9 days of deposition in the case I filed,
all on video, with a battery of highly paid cult lawyers and
assistants, some of whom bullbaited during the proceedings till I shut
them up. It was a tough but interesting experience as I saw first hand
how lawyers have gotten such an awful reputation for being dishonest,
shifty, sly, cruel, devious and unjust.

I could observe also, first hand, how the US Justice system only
allows the wealthy to get justice in fact. If you don't have enough
money you can not fubd the proceedings and, like in american
elections, the one with the most money wins. This may seem delicious
and rewarding to the greedy soul-less lawyers who have sold their
integrity for a bucket of bucks, but it is a recipe for social
disaster in the long run. even the smartest lawyer can not change the
laws of karma. As they have sown so shall they reap, and this applies
equally to the cult's lawyers as well as their criminal cult fraudster
clients. SO BE IT.

***********************************
*******************
******
*

IDA J 007

Sep 1, 2003, 12:09:42 PM9/1/03
>Subject: (MPES) CONCLUSION Michael Pattinson's Experiences with Scientology.
>Part13.
>From: kare...@msn.com (michael pattinson)
>Date: 08/31/2003 10:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time

>(MPES) CONCLUSION
>
>This is the final posting in this series of "My Story" from a new
>Scientologist to New OT8 and the out of Scientology, and more. Thanks
>to all of you who were sufficiently interested to learn about it all.
>It was "hell" on earth to submit to the cult's indoctrination, Fair
>Game tactics and heartlessness. It has certainly taught me to avoid
>the "cult" mentality and form of organization in the future. I still
>have a strong desire to be of service, in my own way now, though, and
>I want to help mankind do better and better, but in my own way and
>using my own inspirations and talents. I am now closer to God than
>ever before, and Life is my true friend. I have gained a lot of love,
>insight, depth of soul and freedom from reading and practising
>non-cult spiritual or "New Age"/Inspirational books and got more from
>them, by FAR than anything I ever got from Scientology.
>
>For people who decide to finally leave Scientology...bravo!
SNIP

And BRAVO to you Michael for posting the horrors of your time in $cientology. I
have told many ex-members once their story is written the healing is
unbelievable. I urge any who are hiding because of fear (or any other reason)
to come forward with their experiences.
I look forward to seeing you again Michael, perhaps that excellent restaurant
will re-open in the near future.

Ida Camburn

It's too bad there isn't a 20th Century Charles
Dickens to write about the terrible destruction of
these 20th Century fagins who make themselves rich
while they destroy the psyche of so many.
Cong. Leo Ryan
Dec. l0, l976

Phil Scott

Sep 1, 2003, 5:47:42 PM9/1/03
kare...@msn.com (michael pattinson) wrote in message news:<22c1ffd4.03083...@posting.google.com>...

Another classic post Michael, I hope it is archived at many different
sites to insure its survival over the decades to follow. Currently
scientology's internal corruption has its local orgs down 95% from
peak levels in the 80's, now just a handful of students each night at
the most.... The cults Flag Land Base in Clearwater florida had been
spending the 90's canibalizing those orgs to keep its stats up...

Their stats at flag on the FreeAsbestos apparently began running dry
by 2000... a statistical analyis posted at www.scientology-lies.com
by the inimitable Kristy Wachter shows by scientology's own completion
records, those stats declining 30% between 2000 and 2003...with more
leaving scientology each day..top scientologists involved in hundred
million dollar frauds, in prison or fleeing the country.... that trend
will continue south.

What was once a non viable lawsuit against this criminal organization
due to thier financial strength and absolute corruption in court, will
soon become viable and part of massive class action suits..so large as
I predicted in 1993 on this NG that they will not be able to hire
enough thugs, hit men and whores to quash them all.... the cult has
dirty hands now...venom drips from its fangs, blood drips from its
mouth... Its tactics are detested.

Scientology's blackmail gained though extensive espionage against
public officials has begun to fail in German and France if not yet in
the US.

It is the story's from the inside of this disaster that alert and
imunize the rest of the world against them.

Thanks again Mike, and the *best for your career that may with your
new more valuable insights on life go better than ever.

Phil Scott

Mark Thorson

Sep 1, 2003, 8:14:08 PM9/1/03
michael pattinson wrote:

> (MPES) CONCLUSION
>
> This is the final posting in this series of "My Story" from a new
> Scientologist to New OT8 and the out of Scientology, and more. Thanks
> to all of you who were sufficiently interested to learn about it all.

Thanks for posting this, michael. As more people post their
experiences in Scn, it's like a mosaic that taken together
forms the big picture.

ptsc

Sep 1, 2003, 11:05:37 PM9/1/03
On 31 Aug 2003 22:08:41 -0700, kare...@msn.com (michael pattinson) wrote:

>I could observe also, first hand, how the US Justice system only
>allows the wealthy to get justice in fact. If you don't have enough
>money you can not fubd the proceedings and, like in american
>elections, the one with the most money wins. This may seem delicious
>and rewarding to the greedy soul-less lawyers who have sold their
>integrity for a bucket of bucks, but it is a recipe for social
>disaster in the long run. even the smartest lawyer can not change the
>laws of karma. As they have sown so shall they reap, and this applies
>equally to the cult's lawyers as well as their criminal cult fraudster
>clients. SO BE IT.

Thanks for fitting another piece into the puzzle. I haven't commented on this
more extensively not because it isn't valuable, but because I have little to
add. I assume others are in the same boat.
--
Home of the Buttersquash Conspiracy http://buttersquash.net

barb

Sep 1, 2003, 11:12:55 PM9/1/03

You mean, Marie Callendars? ;)

barb
Chaplain, ARS

"After over 50 years, what has Scientology given the world? Misery,
hopelessness, broken families, desolation, death."
-Shydavid

"I remember when my son said "Every day should be Mother's Day." But
those were the days before L Ron Hubbard came into his life."

--Ida Camburn