Today in Scientology -- September 25th

Scientology Today

Sep 25, 2009, 6:18:49 AM9/25/09
On September 25th in Scientology history

Four shot at Oregon Scientology center
September 25, 1996, AP, CNN
http://edition.cnn.com/US/9609/25/briefs.pm/index.html

The suspect, identified as Kenya native Jairus Godeka, 38, surrendered
after walking out of the church's Portland Celebrity Center with a
female hostage whom he released unharmed. Godeka was promptly arrested,
and firefighters quickly doused the flames.

Tags: Jairus Godeka, Portland

Web version:
http://home.primus.ca/~ronsharp/FrontCiteTW.html#ScientologyToday

rhill

Sep 25, 2009, 9:49:19 AM9/25/09

Can't find this article nowhere now. I'm guessing you have it?

I searched on CNN's site, and the only result I got was a news about CAN
("Group that once criticized Scientologists now owned by one"), and two
sponsored results by Scientology:

/=====
Truth About Scientology

Scientology.org The Only Major Religion To Emerge in 20th Century. Watch
Online Video

See More Sponsored Links For: Four shot at Oregon Scientology center"
\=====

Funny.

--
Ray.

Android Cat

Sep 25, 2009, 7:58:40 PM9/25/09

Sure, I have archive copies of everything. (Umbra.Xenu/files/newsmedia,
click of the magnifying-glass on the right for each one.)

/====

Four shot at Oregon Scientology center

PORTLAND, Oregon (CNN) -- A man carried a gun and a can of gasoline into a
downtown Church of Scientology on Wednesday, shot four people and started a
fire, police said.

The suspect, identified as Kenya native Jairus Godeka, 38, surrendered after
walking out of the church's Portland Celebrity Center with a female hostage
whom he released unharmed. Godeka was promptly arrested, and firefighters
quickly doused the flames.

A pregnant woman was hospitalized in critical condition with gunshots to her
shoulder and abdomen. Two men were in serious condition and a fourth victim
was hospitalized with a gunshot wound to the hip.

Police said Godeka had previous run-ins with the church. It was not clear if
he was or is a member.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
\====

Later reports confirmed that he was a member for several years, along with
spin and perjury from Moxon and others claiming that he'd just bought a
book. And, damnit, the baby was fine!

--
Ron of that ilk.