scientology in Germany: Four Days with Ursula Caberta in Hamburg and Berlin: What's It Really Like?

SME

Sep 22, 2007, 11:03:04 AM9/22/07
I just got back from a trip to Hamburg and Berlin in Germany
(September 2007) visiting Ursula Caberta for four days. I wanted to
see what she was really like, what she was really doing about
scientology there, why she was doing it and is it something I would
care to support.

The website for the governmental group she runs in Hamburg that
purports to fight abuses from organized scientology is:
http://fhh.hamburg.de/stadt/Aktuell/behoerden/inneres/arbeitsgruppe-scientology/start.html

There are also many posts about her, pro and con, on this and other
sites regarding her dealings with organized scientology. Then of
course there is the organized scientology website re religious
"freedom" watch that paints her as a hateful person and that claims
that the German government attacks the rights of religious minorities
and recently had to be "admonished" by the US Department of State.

So what is the truth? I went to Germany to try to find out for
myself.

What I am listing below is part of what I found out. Much of it is
fact and some of it is simply my honest opinion. It is what I
consider to be that which can be publicly reported now. So, here goes:

In summery, my first two days were spent mostly with Ursula in
Hamburg, much of it in the office occupied by Ursula and several other
government people in her department. Early the third day I went with
Ursula to Berlin and attended quite an event there about scientology
at which she spoke along with Professor Thomas Gandow and Wilfried
Handl. On the fourth day, again in Berlin, there was another event
with the three of them that lasted all day. I spoke briefly at that
one.

Here are the main things I found out and the main occurrences:

In the two days I spent in her office, there were visits and calls
from press wanting to know about scientology. This included newspapers
as well as major national and international magazines. Quite a major
newspaper article was published by a major newspaper in Berlin while I
was there about abandoned children in scientology. I believe Ursula's
office helped with providing at least some of the information for that
article.

Another reporter showed up while I was there and interviewed two ex
scientologists from Germany who also showed up to tell their stories
of abuse on the part of organized scientology. It was interesting
speaking with all of them.

Ursula was constantly fielding calls from either press who wanted
information or ex scientologists who wanted help.

One especially sad case where someone came to Ursula for help while I
was there was a young woman with a small child who was abandoned by
her husband because she was a "declared SP" by organized scientology.
Her husband, who was on staff, refused to support her and organized
scientology would not help as well. The young lady was frightened and
could not properly care for her baby.

Unlike organized scientology who "threw her away", Ursula cancelled
appointments to see her and then to help her and her child financially
and otherwise.

I saw and spoke with another ex scientologist while there for a few
hours. He had recently fled staff and Ursula was helping him get onto
his feet and protect him from organized scientology who was after him.

What I found was that Ursula and her department was constantly helping
people who had been abused by organized scientology and in some cases
possibly saving their very lives as many were desperate. Many of the
people coming to her were terrified of organized scientology or were
otherwise destitute or broken by organized scientology. I heard one
story after another from Ursula and others there telling examples of
who is helped by her department every week. This includes people who
were financially ruined by scientology's high pressure sales tactics
or by scams in WISE groups. Ursula and her department helped them get
their money back or otherwise worked to help force organized
scientology to right a wrong carried out against those people.

Ursula took a lot of time out of her schedule to speak with me, we had
dinners together and stayed up until almost one in the morning one
night in my hotel's bar/restaurant talking about scientology. One
night there she pointed to the table where we were sitting and the one
next to it and told me the story of how years ago she was sitting
there with the likes of Hanna and her husband, Jesse, Vaughn and Stacy
and others.

She told me many stories of those times and it was obvious that she
deeply cared about them all, especially Vaughn. We swapped "Vaughn
Young stories" and she would smile when she talked about what a decent
and kind man he was.

In fact I found Ursula to be a very kind person who laughs easily, has
a great sense of humor and is very sharp. I also find that she holds
no hate for scientologists whatsoever. Instead she has a deep caring
and compassion for those hurt by organized scientology. It amazes me
to a degree that she is not a bitter person given that she has been so
often attacked by organized scientology and for years has had to help
people who have been to one degree or another destroyed and "thrown
away" as no longer useful by organized scientology.

She told me that she is happy that when her department helps someone
that organized scientology does not attack them but instead attacks
her. She's very protective of them, almost motherly and will not
tolerate those people being attacked once she is involved with them.

She told me great and funny stories of how OSA has tried to get at her
by trying to set her up with a boyfriend who was an undercover OSA
spy, offering to hook her up with a celebrity, etc. She laughs readily
about such things and how obvious they have been. Although the stories
made me laugh as well, I found myself amazed that OSA just cannot seem
to get it that there are people who truly care about others and will
not be bribed.

To give you an idea of how protective she can be even in a very small
case, I found out after I got there that she had German Secret Service
watching over me as soon as I arrived into Germany at the airport. I
had no idea they were there but they were ready to intercede if I was
accosted by representatives of organized scientology while there. I
did not feel this was necessary at all but it is an example of how
they take their jobs seriously and how much of a danger they really
feel organized scientology is to people and their country.

Ursula stated that she was willing to help anyone who was in
scientology and was now needing help. While her department especially
wants to help other Germans, she will help people of any nationality.
An example of her view was what she said after someone asked how badly
she might like to prosecute Mike Rinder if he could be caught. Ursula
said that Mike was a human being and deserved help if he got out of
organized scientology and was trying to reform and was being harassed
by organized scientology. She said that she would work to give Mike a
safe place to stay if needed, even political asylum if needed. She
would do whatever she could to help him, just like she would and has
been doing for anyone else who approaches her for help.

It amazed me and made me very happy to see a truly caring woman here
for ex scientologists pretty much no matter what they had done in the
past. It appeared to me that the only one she could not reconcile
helping was David Miscavige due to the years of brutality he has
carried out over so many and still does to this day.

Ursula told me that I could publish her email fhh...@t-online.de and
tell anyone who wants help from abuses by organized scientology, even
if not German, that they can email her and she will help if she can.
She said that she would even work to give American ex scientologists
political asylum in Germany if they needed it for their protection.

Later I told Ursula of my walks outside Hamburg and Berlin orgs and
seeing the various people at Berlin org (Hamburg org was totally
dead). I told Ursula that most people there were neither bad nor
abusive people but instead are mislead. I told her that in my opinion
most of them had no idea of the lies embedded in Hubbard's writings,
how paranoid he was, how horribly abusive it is near the top of
organized scientology. Most of them have no clue that their "fearless
leader" Miscavige has no real love or compassion in his own heart nor
the understanding of wrong that comes from being a loving or
compassionate person. They have no clue how he spits on, beats and
destroys people constantly. Ursula fully agreed and it was completely
obvious to me that she had no hatred whatsoever for those people.

I enjoyed working with Ursula and helping on some questions and issues
where I was able to help clarify a few things. I found her to be very
knowledgeable on these issues as we talked about the real legal
controls in scientology and what information may be needed by the
likes of prosecutors in Belgium, those in Germany and in other
countries to help expose the lies, frauds, perjuries and other crimes
in organized scientology. I can say that in my opinion she is very
knowledgeable both legally and factually that if one ever is going to
stop abuses by organized scientology in Germany that one will need to
deal with those from outside Germany that are really in control of all
the actions resulting in abuses being carried out.

I asked Ursula that other than what some people can testify to that
may help her, the Belgium government, etc. what could ex
scientologists from like the United States do to help. Ursula asked me
to ask ex scientologists in the USA to write to their federal
senators, congressional reps and governors and tell them their stories
with organized scientology. They should be short letters (one to two
pages) of the honest facts of how they have been abused or witnessed
abuse by those in organized scientology. She feels that this is the
most important thing the average American ex scientologist could do,
even if it's just one letter.

She holds no resentment at all towards Americans or the American
government even though organized scientology has managed to get the US
State Department to criticize the Germans for attacking the rights of
minority religions. Ursula knows well that she and her government are
doing no such thing, that instead they are constantly having to help
those abused by organized scientology. She is highly aware and
concerned about the "church" policies of taking over and she is
impressively well versed in how organized scientology has lied their
way into being considered a benevolent, "religious" organization by
some others in the USA. She's very aware of how they lied their way to
tax exempt status with the IRS as well as other important legal-
related matters. I found that she could quickly and easily understand
anything I pointed out in this area including lies by Miscavige in
courts, to the IRS, etc and why they were lies and how they hid
things.

All that said, Ursula asked again for Americans to write to their
representatives as above. She told me stories of dealings with the US
State Department and how they almost never have the type of
information that almost any of us know about abuses in organized
scientology. I say we do this, it cannot hurt and could only help
start a groundswell of truth into areas of the US government that
could in fact help ensure actions are taken to help stop abuses.

Ursula told me something else which made me think. She said that those
in Germany have been through the horrors of an insane, abusive and
criminal government (Hitler and the Nazis). They have seen the
insanity of it taking over the country and the horrors that followed
because of it. They see the same sort of controlling, paranoid and
manipulative doctrine in organized scientology and the same type of
early actions taken by organized scientology as were taken early by
those who became the Nazis. They've seen the same kind of "put downs"
of others by the Nazis as organized scientology does to "wogs" and
especially "SPs" who can be "fair gamed". They refuse to let this
happen again. It is NOT hatred of minority religions at work in
Germany. Rather it is more the hard and horribly learned lessons of
the past there helping them see what is coming should organized
scientology really spread there. While in no way putting down
Americans or others, Ursula feels that they do not see this coming as
they have not had to live though it in their own country. My feeling
is that she may very well be right for many people. I found this view
very, very interesting.

On my third day there Ursula and I took the speed train from Hamburg
to Berlin where she and Thomas Gandow and Wilfried Handl spoke to a
sold out theater audience (200-300 people) about scientology. I spoke
with many people before and after that event and sat through the event
itself even though I do not speak German. I know a lot of what was
being covered by being briefed and understanding parts of what was
being read.

The three of them each spoke repeatedly while another woman read
different things when asked such as Hubbard writings about children
and enemies, sec checks, sec check for children etc. It was amazing
hearing the audience laughing at the insanity of some of the sec check
questions and then gasping in horror at some of the others and some of
the things Hubbard wrote.

Present in the audience were people from varied walks of life
including press. It was a very interesting action taken by using the
combined efforts of the government and the private sector to educate
people on the dangers of organized scientology there. What I
especially liked was that they were using actual Hubbard writings and
writings of others in organized scientology in their educational
efforts. Ursula also read from some of her recent best selling book
"Schwarzbuch Scientology" which I think translates to something like
the black book of scientology.

I got interviewed by a number of press before and after that event and
met some other very interesting and nice people including one of ars's
vets and his lovely wife. I guessed who he was when I saw him walk in
with a "XENU" baseball-style hat and then put on a "scientology kills"
T shirt. lol

A few other interesting things relating to this event were as follows:

1) I'm told that there are only maybe 200 active scientologists in
Berlin. That meant that more people were at that event than there are
active scientologists in Berlin;
2) The event was held at a local small theater that is on the same
block as the Berlin "model org". Really, it's like a 15 second walk to
the org. To show you how utterly horrible the PRO area control is with
the Berlin org, here is the text of a printed sign located on the
front door of that theater building (in English and German).
"Employees of the "church" of Scientology are barred from the
Tribuene. The Management". I am told by management there that they did
resent in the past scientologists coming into the theater trying to
get people to leave the theater and go to the org. Thus they did not
want scientology staff in there;
3) Local DSA/OSA folks went immediately into "foot bullet mode"
surrounding this event. They handed out very poor copies of their
"freedom" magazine (looked like a really bad photo copy job) and
included an insert attacking at least two of the three speakers
(Ursula and Wilfred Handl). They even had a photo copy of both the
front and back of a check from over seven years ago from Bob Minton to
Ursula. The net result was that the attendees were even more
interested in the event and thought even more how crazy organized
scientology was;
4) On the heels of that foot bullet was another foot bullet by some
scientologist in the event who started shouting during the event to
try to stop it. He stood there speaking and resisting the attempts by
theater owners to escort him out of the building. Finally a strong
looking man from the audience (who I believe might have been a
policeman) just shook his head in disgust, walked over to the
scientologist and threw him out personally while others cheered. That
action reinforced what the speakers were trying to cover in the event;
5) The audience was obviously majorly impacted by the event, were very
supportive of the speakers and many spoke with their questions and
stories.

Of note is that I went to the Berlin "model org" a number of
times over the two days, even having a soda in a restaurant across the
street watching the front of the building. Also walking up and down
the front area looking in. Not only was the org pretty much dead of
traffic but the foot traffic in front of the org is horrible! There
are tons of cars driving by constantly but no real volume of foot
traffic.(EG: two walk by, 45 seconds latter another walks by, a minute
later another walks by, etc.). I have no idea why they picked a lousy
foot traffic area for their "model org". (I did note security cameras
on the side of the org building though which seems kind of typical to
me as I saw the same on orgs in Los Angeles and Clearwater in the past
year and just got a picture of Ottawa org where it is the only
building on the block with a security camera on it).

On the fourth day I attended an all day event where the same speakers
were speaking. This time they were speaking to a couple of hundred
Lutheran teachers. I was asked to speak briefly (with someone
translating) and answered questions about such things as fair game in
scientology. It surprised me that I was just visiting and here I was
speaking with more teachers than there are active scientologists in
Berlin and that they will go out to tell what they have learned to
thousands of others (their students, etc.). Many of them spoke to me
later privately. All were very interested in what organized
scientology was doing, all were horrified at such things as their
abuses and lies. I also got interviewed by another reporter for
several hours that day.

Wow. This is really long so I am going to end here by stressing again
what Ursula asked was needed the most from Americans. And that was
simply and briefly telling your story of abuses by organized
scientology to even one of your governmental representatives in the
senate or congress.

I hope this in some way helps.

Larry Brennan - SME

barb

Sep 22, 2007, 12:23:14 PM9/22/07

Larry,

The work you are doing is AWESOME! It is a privilege to know you. Your
huge body of knowledge of the internal workings of the cult is invaluable.
I salute you! /0

--
barb
Chaplain, ARSCCwdne

buy my book!
http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1198812

read my page! (thanks, R. Hill!)
http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/graham1.html

phil scott

Sep 22, 2007, 12:37:05 PM9/22/07
On Sep 22, 8:03 am, SME <larrybren12...@aol.com> wrote:
> I just got back from a trip to Hamburg and Berlin in Germany
> (September 2007) visiting Ursula Caberta for four days. I wanted to
> see what she was really like, what she was really doing about
> scientology there, why she was doing it and is it something I would
> care to support.
>
> The website for the governmental group she runs in Hamburg that
> purports to fight abuses from organized scientology is:http://fhh.hamburg.de/stadt/Aktuell/behoerden/inneres/arbeitsgruppe-s...

thanks Larry, its good to have these insights on how scientology
continues its self destruction in Germany and what a decent person
Ursula is...

Hubbard said it is 'lies that make things persist' and advocated lyin,
but now we and the rest of the world sees clearly that lies destroy
their host, and that in the end truth and decency not only prevail but
thrive.

Note to OSA..... are you vicious morons getting a clooo yet? nah.

Phil Scott

Gerry Armstrong

Sep 22, 2007, 12:53:55 PM9/22/07
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 08:03:04 -0700, SME <larrybr...@aol.com>
wrote:

Probably *Pastor* Thomas Gandow.

> On the fourth day, again in Berlin, there was another event
>with the three of them that lasted all day. I spoke briefly at that
>one.

Way to go Larry.

Oops. What are your crimes?

Great report. And excellent on connecting with the Germans.

© Gerry Armstrong
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org

Out_Of_The_Dark

Sep 22, 2007, 12:56:41 PM9/22/07
On Sep 22, 11:03 am, SME <larrybren12...@aol.com> wrote:
> I just got back from a trip to Hamburg and Berlin in Germany
> (September 2007) visiting Ursula Caberta for four days. I wanted to
> see what she was really like, what she was really doing about
> scientology there, why she was doing it and is it something I would
> care to support.
>
> The website for the governmental group she runs in Hamburg that
> purports to fight abuses from organized scientology is:
> http://fhh.hamburg.de/stadt/Aktuell/behoerden/inneres/arbeitsgruppe-s...

Very informative post, Larry!

I hope those in need will contact Ursula at fhh...@t-online.de

Yes, writing representatives of our experiences is an excellent and
important thing to do.

Below is a link to the US government site where there are links to the
representative types Ursula mentioned:

Contact Elected Officials
We encourage you to contact your elected officials and share your
thoughts on current events and government policy. Below you'll find
links to e-mail and postal addresses, and phone numbers for key
elected officials.

President George W. Bush - E-mail the President or Vice President;
call or write the White House; or extend an invitation to the
President, Vice President, Mrs. Bush, or Mrs. Cheney. This site tells
you how.
U.S. Senators - Search for your senators by name, state, or
congressional class; and visit their websites.
U.S. Representatives - Find contact information for your U.S.
representative by typing in your zip code.
State Governors - Select your state to access e-mail, telephone, and
postal contact information for your governor.
State Legislators - Search for state legislators and topical
legislative information, by U.S. states and territories.

http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

SME

Sep 22, 2007, 1:28:19 PM9/22/07
On Sep 22, 12:53 pm, Gerry Armstrong <ge...@gerryarmstrong.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 08:03:04 -0700, SME <larrybren12...@aol.com>

> wrote:
>
> >I just got back from a trip to Hamburg and Berlin in Germany
> >(September 2007) visiting Ursula Caberta for four days. I wanted to
> >see what she was really like, what she was really doing about
> >scientology there, why she was doing it and is it something I would
> >care to support.
>
> >The website for the governmental group she runs in Hamburg that
> >purports to fight abuses from organized scientology is:
> >http://fhh.hamburg.de/stadt/Aktuell/behoerden/inneres/arbeitsgruppe-s...

Thanks Gerry. I wanted to let you know of one other person Ursula held
in very high regard and liked very much. His name is "Gerry
Armstrong":) I read to Ursula the "judgment" against you listing how
you were to be imprisoned for two days and fined for each of a number
of listed things you did in Germany all of which had to do with you
courageously speaking out in order to help others. She was outraged
and immediately rushed into an office to direct someone with respect
to something that may help you. I can go into details privately but in
case I do not reach you shortly I asked that you please speak with her
as I believe she may be able to help. She is sickened by "the
church's" actions to destroy yourself and your freedom of speech. Like
me, Ursula knows you to be a decent, intelligent, kind and courageous
man who "the church" is trying to destroy so as to forward their own
ingrained Nazi-like policies of destruction of all those who oppose
their abuses, lies and crimes.
SME

chuckbeatty77 @aol.com

Sep 22, 2007, 2:37:26 PM9/22/07
wow! THANKYOU Larry Brennan!!

Excellent writeup, and I think you really show Ursula for the kind
warmhearted tough but sympathetic and busy hardworking lady she is!!!

She has such incredible spark of kindness and warmth and good cheer.

She is a warm caring woman, who just is really tough.

The incidents of her dealing with the constant flow of ex
Scientologists who come to her in various states of turmoil from their
Scientology experiences, shows really how touched she is by people's
predicaments.

She's one of a kind, the best organized setup in the world, in my
opinion.

I definitely support all her kindhearted work and the kind people who
work with her and the kindhearted people who support her from their
government positions there in Germany.

Larry, I think you are in a good position to help encourage some
confidence to the ex US Scientology staffers and other high level ex
OTs, who should establish relations with Ursula and help give her the
latest on what life is like in the top levels of the Scientology
movement.

THANKYOU bigtime Larry Brennan!!!

Best, Chuck Beatty
412-260-1170 Pittsburgh, USA
ex Scientologist (1975-2002), ex staffer

On Sep 22, 11:03?am, SME <larrybren12...@aol.com> wrote:
> I just got back from a trip to Hamburg and Berlin in Germany
> (September 2007) visiting Ursula Caberta for four days. I wanted to
> see what she was really like, what she was really doing about
> scientology there, why she was doing it and is it something I would
> care to support.
>
> The website for the governmental group she runs in Hamburg that

> purports to fight abuses from organized scientology is:http://fhh.hamburg.de/stadt/Aktuell/behoerden/inneres/arbeitsgruppe-s...

Gerry Armstrong

Sep 22, 2007, 5:12:13 PM9/22/07
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:28:19 -0700, SME <larrybr...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Sep 22, 12:53 pm, Gerry Armstrong <ge...@gerryarmstrong.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 08:03:04 -0700, SME <larrybren12...@aol.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I just got back from a trip to Hamburg and Berlin in Germany
>> >(September 2007) visiting Ursula Caberta for four days. I wanted to
>> >see what she was really like, what she was really doing about
>> >scientology there, why she was doing it and is it something I would
>> >care to support.
>>
>> >The website for the governmental group she runs in Hamburg that
>> >purports to fight abuses from organized scientology is:
>> >http://fhh.hamburg.de/stadt/Aktuell/behoerden/inneres/arbeitsgruppe-s...

<snip>

>Thanks Gerry. I wanted to let you know of one other person Ursula held
>in very high regard and liked very much. His name is "Gerry
>Armstrong":) I read to Ursula the "judgment" against you listing how
>you were to be imprisoned for two days and fined for each of a number
>of listed things you did in Germany all of which had to do with you
>courageously speaking out in order to help others. She was outraged
>and immediately rushed into an office to direct someone with respect
>to something that may help you. I can go into details privately but in
>case I do not reach you shortly I asked that you please speak with her
>as I believe she may be able to help. She is sickened by "the
>church's" actions to destroy yourself and your freedom of speech. Like
>me, Ursula knows you to be a decent, intelligent, kind and courageous
>man who "the church" is trying to destroy so as to forward their own
>ingrained Nazi-like policies of destruction of all those who oppose
>their abuses, lies and crimes.
>SME

Hey thanks.

For others, here are the documents Larry mentions:

1. Scientology's "second order of contempt" against me filed February
20, 1998:
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/a4/ord-contempt-1998-2-20.html

2. Scientology's motion to reinstate sentences and issue warrant filed
August 6, 2007:
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/a7/mtn-reinstate-sentences-warrant-2007-08-06.html

Scientology says in its motion, "Thus, in February of 1998, Armstrong
was found in repeated and intentional violations of the Court's
injunction and sentenced to a further period of incarceration of 26
days."

Scientology moves the trial court (Marin Superior Court) "to reinstate
the sentences previously imposed on Armstrong for the contempt
citations of June 5, 1997 and February 20, 1998 and to reinstate the
fine on the third contempt citation."

The February 20, 1998 order jails me 26 days, two days for each of 13
expressions of my religious beliefs concerning the Scientology
religion. A number of these expressions were expressed in Germany.

[Quote]

(i) In or about October, 1997, Armstrong gave a speech on or about
October 26, 1997. In that speech, Armstrong violated the Injunction
and the above referenced judgment

(j) During that same visit, Armstrong gave an interview to the
Berliner Zeitung, resulting in an article in that publication, an
examination of which article clearly shows that the interview given
violated the Injunction. See Wilson declaration, Exhibits M and N.

(k) On October 28, 1997, Armstrong traveled to Hamburg, Germany where
he appeared at a public event. During which, Armstrong committed
further violations of the terms of the Judgment, as reprinted in the
October 28th edition of the Frankfurter Rundschau. See Wilson
declaration, Exhibits P.

(1) Also on this trip to Germany, Armstrong gave interviews to at
least three television interviewers resulting in broadcasts on Germany
TV channels N-TV, BI TV and SAT 1 TV. In addition to this, Armstrong
was interviewed by the regional newspaper Taz, resulting in the
article of October 28, 1997. See Wilson declaration, Exhibits Q and R.

[End Quote]

Scientology's contempt order is based on the declaration of attorney
Andrew H. Wilson dated December 1, 1997, which even mentions Ms.
Caberta by name:

[Quote]

23. I am informed and believe that Armstrong flew to Berlin, Germany
sometime in October, where he gave a speech on or about October 26,
1997. In that speech, Armstrong violated the Injunction numerous times
by inter alia, making statements about L. Ron Hubbard and complaining
that the Church is misusing the U.S. legal system and blaming the
Church, the U.S. legal system and even his own attorney for the fact
that a contempt citation and arrest warrant has been issued against
him. During that same visit, Armstrong gave an interview to the
Berliner Zeitung, resulting in an article in that publication, a true
and correct copy of which is attached hereto as Exhibit [M] and a
translation of which is attached hereto as Exhibit [N]. The gross and
obvious nature of the violation of the Injunction committed by
Armstrong in giving that interview can be easily ascertained from a
simple perusal of the article itself.

24. I am informed and believe that on October 28 Armstrong traveled
to Hamburg, Germany where he appeared at an event sponsored by
self-styled "anti- cultists" Renate Rennenbach and Ursula Caberta.
(Rennenbach and Caberta have been engaged for the past several years
in attempts to discredit the Church through various means and have
lobbied various German government entities to essentially legalize
discrimination against members of the Church of Scientology because of
their Church membership. In fact, Germany has been censored for the
past three years by the United Nations and the Helsinki Commission for
just such discrimination. The United States Department of State has
also found a pattern of human rights abuses by Germany against Church
members.) During this appearance Armstrong committed further
violations of the Injunctions, making numerous prohibited statements.
This appearance was reported on in the October 28th edition of the
Frankfurter Rundschau . A true and correct copy of which is attached
hereto as Exhibit [O] and a translation of which is attached hereto as
Exhibit [P].

25. I am further informed and believe that on this same trip to
Germany, Armstrong gave interviews to at least three television
interviewers which resulted in broadcasts on Germany TV channels N-TV,
B1 TV and SAT 1 TV. In addition to this, Armstrong was interviewed by
the regional newspaper Taz, resulting in the article of October 28,
1997, a true and correct copy of which is attached hereto as Exhibit
[Q] and a translation of which is attached hereto as Exhibit [R].

[...]

27. The recent violations of the Injunction in Great Britain and
Germany have forced the Church to expend a great deal of time and
money to correct the multiplicity of falsehoods and lies which
Armstrong has promulgated. Armst rong's claimed expertise concerning
the Church, based on nothing more than having been the clerk entrusted
with care of certain of Mr. Hubbard's personal files, gives him a
superficial credibility, even though he has not been involved in any
facet of the Scientology religion since 1981. Evidence of this is the
German media's false reference to Armstrong as Hubbard's "biographer."
The Church did not pay Armstrong to silence him, but to save itself
the time and expense of responding to and correcting every false
allegation.

[End Quote]
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/a4/decl-wilson-1997-12-01.html

There are other documents and links tying the Scientology v. Armstrong
case to Germany that I won't go into here. But there is one that is
actually so unconscionable that it is hard to confront and
consequently understand -- Scientology's "contract" that the cult's
efforts to have me jailed and ruined are supposed to enforce.
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/a1/mutual-release-1986.html

Paragraph 1 lists the contract's Scientology "releasees,"
"beneficiaries" or "parties," and includes all German Scientology and
Scientology affiliated organizations and entities and their officers,
agents, representatives, employees, volunteers, directors, successors,
assigns and legal counsel.

I am prohibited by the California Superior Court (former Judge Gary W.
Thomas) from mentioning any of these German Scientology related
organizations or persons. All of these German Scientology related
organizations and persons are beneficiaries in the contract that
silences me about them, and beneficiaries in the litigation effort to
have me jailed and ruined for not being silenced. All of these German
Scientology related organizations and persons can say whatever they
want about me, no matter how libelous or threatening, and, according
to these organizations and persons, I cannot respond.

The Scientology v. Armstrong case demonstrates that Scientology is
organized for the purpose of suppressing and destroying basic human
rights. That the cult *contracts* its officers, agents,
representatives, employees, volunteers, directors, successors, assigns
and legal counsel in Germany to pursue that antisocial and unlawful
purpose is enough reason to restrain its recruitment activities.

© Gerry Armstrong
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org

moontaco

Sep 22, 2007, 6:21:26 PM9/22/07
Hi Larry! (Sorry for the top posting, everyone--I just don't want to
make anyone scroll down to see my little comment.) It sounds like you
had a great trip. Thanks for giving us such a thorough, well-written
report. Now I have a much better idea of what Ursula is doing over
there.

Good to "see" you again,
Beth