Anonymous death threat email

Catarina Pamnell

Jan 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/28/99
On my swedish web page, I have a form mail function for readers
to respond. Today (Jan 28) I got thirteen of these messages
(all identical):

-----
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 01:46:07 +0100
To: cata...@pamnell.com
From: ()
Subject: Synpunkter om hemsidan

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
() on Thursday, January 28, 1999 at 01:46:07
------------

S1: du snakar ju skit jag ska döda dig om du inte lägger ner
hemmsida

name: Skicka

------------
-----
Rough translation: "you're talking bullshit I'll kill you if
you don't take the homepage down"

The bad spelling suggests it's either a) a stupid kid with
spelling problems b) a stupid kid who doesn't speak swedish
well c) a bad typist (no, I do *not* suspect Bob ;-) ) or d)
somebody faking either of the above.

The IP address belongs to Telia.

Catarina

--
http://user.tninet.se/~haj197g/index.html - in swedish
http://user.tninet.se/~haj197g/scientology.html - in english

Roland

Jan 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/28/99

... or a Scientologist who, like most of them, can't spell to
save their lives -- in any language except Scientologese.

Be careful.

Roland

Roland

Jan 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/28/99

Thom Hickey wrote:

> I hate to say it as much as anybody, but the Cowboys are clearly the team of
> the 90's. However, I'd say that they don't win it as convincingly as the 49ers
> of the 80s or the Steelers of the 70s. What that means is anybody's guess, but
> that's the way I see it.

Well, the Cowboys clinched their Team of the Decade distinction midway through
the decade, while the Niners and the Steelers only clinched theirs in the last
year of their respective decades. Just food for thought:

1970s:
Steelers (4)
Dolphins (2)
Cowboys (2)
Colts (1)
Raiders (1)

1980s:
Niners (4)
Redskins (2)
Raiders (2)
Giants (1)
Bears (1)

1990s (so far):
Cowboys (3)
Giants (1)
Redskins (1)
Niners (1)
Packers (1)
Broncos (1)

The Cowboys have actually _dominated_ this decade much more thoroughly than the
Niners or the Steelers dominated theirs. As the _only_ team (so far) with
multiple SB wins, they are leaps and bounds ahead of every one else this decade.

Of course, that could all change if the Broncos win on Sunday. :->

P.Scott

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

Roland wrote in message <78qisv$ech$2...@nclient1-gui.server.virgin.net>...

Yes be very careful.

See factnet for list of those who didn't pay attention to such warnings,
what immeidately comes to mind are the following deaths:

Flo Barnett....the first 4 shot suicide in the history of the world, one day
after leaving the cult, she was David Miscaviges mother in law.

Susan Meister. Shot right between the eyes. on Hubbards boat with Hubbard
on board......no power burns. but claimed to be a suicide,

Lisa McPherson.... had said she wanted to move back to dallas, first got
heavy ethics then a few months later while still getting ethics handling
went psychotic, then was held, sometimes tied do a bed, for 17 days,
forceably inject with drugs....died having lost 40 lbs.

Some senior level staff dissappeared from the face of the earth....Mike
Silverman. Pat Broeker....both in on top cult secrets.

There are at least 50 others, the names elude me, one man hung with a sock
stuffed in his mouth...called a 'suicide'....many other suicides following
'reverse processing' designed to drive a person to suicide (some of those
who participated in such processing have turned states evidence in the last
year)....

You post the truth about the criminal cult of scientology.... or picket
them....be very careful.

This message motivate by the Glorious lardass big bonnie elliot, flag maa,
currently the flag rep at the seattle org....who participated in
administering reverse processing in her term at flag 1982-1986 driving the
cults course room from over 700 students to 20..

Very Best regards, Phil Scott
http://www.FACTnet.org

Li G Tsai

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
P.Scott wrote:

How can they get away with crimes like that. The average person would
not be able to go away from murder and stuff--except OJ and Co$$$. It
just amazes me.

Geo

Unknown

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

What do OJ Simpson and the Co$ have in common? They both have big
$$$$ for hot shot attorneys. Both are considered "minorities" and
that qualifies them as a "protected group" according to federal law.
Yes, 'tis true! The Co$ also has the advantage of being classified as
a "Church". Now my next question is; what the hell is wrong with
American Justice?

Keep on being amazed though, maybe if we all get amazed enough we can
alert the powers that be to make some much needed changes so that we
can begin to protect the vulnerable and damn the $$$$!

roxthefox1
SP3 and Proud

When the chips are down the buffalo move on.

Jens Tingleff

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99

--
------ PGP v5 DSS Key ID : 0x09722C12 . Merci, Mr. Jospin ;-) ------
http://www.imaginet.fr/~jensting/. Scientology[tm]?? Check it out at

Barb

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99

The problem is people who not only dismiss the co$ as a harmless,
lunatic fringe group, but who also refuse to even listen to anything
about it. "Barb," my friend said recently, "You know, you're starting to
sound like one of those street corner ranters!"
Yeah, like I needed that. It pisses me off! I mean, they're in HER
neighborhood too! Maybe I'll go down and take the personality test in
her name and then go all SP on them.
Harmless loony cult? Yeah right. You sceinos out there, her name is
Collins. Clue #1. Please show her you're a bunch of nasty cultists so
she'll listen to me again.
barb

Catarina Pamnell

Jan 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/31/99

Jens Tingleff skrev i meddelandet ...

>A vigorous mail to Telia seems to be in order. It might lead
>nothing, but a death threat is too serious to be ignored.

Telia say they will investigate this, and a complaint has also
been filed with the police.

Catarina

Catarina Pamnell

Feb 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/2/99

Telia told me today that they have not been able to trace the
person who sent the threats.

Catarina

Rondata

Feb 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/2/99
> How can they get away with crimes like that. The average person would
> not be able to go away from murder and stuff--except OJ and Co$$$. It
> just amazes me.
>
> Geo

Don't forget John and Patsy Ramsey.. them and OJ and the COS amazes me
too..

Rondata

Feb 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/2/99
In article <790n0r$192$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, djc...@my-dejanews.com writes:

>In article <19990130034323...@ng11.aol.com>,
> omega...@aol.com (OmegaMan69) wrote:

>> >In the words of a great man named Omegaman:
>> >
>> >BRONCOS GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!!!!!!!!!
>> >

>> To tell you the truth, I stole that from some 49ers troll that
>> was pestering the Falcons newsgroup when I went over
>> to get their take on the game. After every post, I mean
>> every single post some Falcons fan made, this Niners troll
>> would quote the entire post, and then put that at the end.
>> I just seemed so damned goofy that I picked up on it until
>> my giddiness wore off.

>Well, wherever it came from, I thought it was pretty cool! It just felt good
>to say it, and I hope that it is an accurate description of what will happen
>come sunday! ;-)

It was! It was! In fact the Broncos gave the Falcons a bigger asskicking
than I imagined. When Romo nailed Chandler and the Falcons had to settle
for a field goal, I knew the Broncos were ready to kick ass and take names.

Rondata

Feb 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/2/99

Catarina Pamnell

Feb 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/3/99

©Anti-Cult® skrev i meddelandet
<36b95d65...@ARSCC.Sweden.Dep.OSA.Surveillance>...
>On Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:44:58 +0100.
>In Message-ID: <7979ul$g84$1...@cubacola.tninet.se>
>"Catarina Pamnell" <cata...@pamnell.com>.
>From: Telenordia.
>Wrote on the subject: Update Feb 2 Re: Anonymous death threat
email:

>>Telia told me today that they have not been able to trace the
>>person who sent the threats.
>>
>>Catarina
>>

>They can by looking at their logs. If they can't they are
clueless
>idiots. (well, in the case of Telia, that's not really
anything question)

After I asked them for a clarification, they told me that this
particular IP address is a proxy server, for which logs
"unfortunately" are kept only for a very short time period...

Catarina

--
http://xenu.just.nu

Catarina Pamnell

Feb 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/3/99
Just write, on a number of different slips of paper "bite me", and stick one in
every neighbor's mailbox. The person who deserves it will know what you mean. All
others will think it's a highschool prank. Or, you can tell them that there's a
bunch of radical cyberpunk hosarians that will come to suckasippi and kick their
lily livered pot hating butts. I've never been to Mississippi. They'd never know
what hit them. And hey, I have a week off until I start my next job. Hmmm. How
'bout those frequent flyer miles?

Kate

APeaceRose wrote:

> Okay, I was out cleaning up in the yard. I wanted to plant some stuff, but the
> ground has not been dry in weeks. I repotted my new babies, Charlotte and
> Winsome and was putting around happily.
>
> Anywho...my husband drives up, springs forth from behind the wheel of his brand
> new Cougar and grins. He says "someone put this in the mailbox while you were
> gone. I did not want to give it to you because it would make you mad." At
> which point he handed me a little strip paper.
>
> "Please plant your pots so the neighborhood will like better. Thanks, the
> neighbors."
>
> Verbatim. Written in childlike scrawl. If you don't believe me, I scanned it.
>

> http://members.tripod.com/RissasRoses/assholes.jpg
>
> <sigh>
>
> I am caught between being angry and laughing. Another "illiterated immigrant?"
> I guess this is somewhat better than the cat calls as he drives by, but
> cheeses, this person needs a life. I looked around and over half of my
> "neighbors" have plastic pots in their yards. Okay, nothing is in bloom right
> now and with all the rain and winter, things look like crap, but it is not
> lowering the value of the homes.
>
> I have a chip on my shoulder because it is a very working class neighborhood.
> I mean I have a neighbor who dresses a mannequin and poses her on the front
> porch. I bet noone puts anonymous little notes in his mail box. I have
> another neighbor with six vehicles in a driveway designed for four and one who
> decorates with all those multi-color plastic playtoys you buy at Wal Mart to
> entertain the kids. Let me clarify, I don't have a problem with any of those
> people and the way they choose to, ah, landscape. But, cheeses, why do my pots
> set this yahoo off?
>
> ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!
>
> Rissa
>
> "Laughter is the shortest distance between two people." Anon.
> http://members.tripod.com/RissasRoses
> http://www.prettyimpressivestuff.com
> http://mishin.umsmed.edu

Cornelius Krasel

Feb 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/4/99
Catarina Pamnell <cata...@pamnell.com> wrote:
> After I asked them for a clarification, they told me that this
> particular IP address is a proxy server, for which logs
> "unfortunately" are kept only for a very short time period...

Well, it depends. There are proxies which don't keep logs at all
(lpwa.com springs to mind) and are effectively used for anonymizing
messages. Other proxies keep logs for whatever time the administrator
thinks is appropriate.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany email: pha...@rzbox.uni-wuerzburg.de SP4 */
/* "Science is the game we play with God to find out what His rules are." */

Cornelius Krasel

Feb 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/4/99
>From: John Zink <jz...@mb.sympatico.ca>
>Does anyone know where I can find the secret recipe sites.

http://www.copykat.com/
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Donna < to e-mail me, remove my cat >
"Ambivalent? Well, yes and no ... "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catarina Pamnell

Feb 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/5/99
Ralph Moore's Sequoia Nursery is going strong in Visalia, California in
Ralph's 92nd year!
--
Mel Hulse, Col. USAF (Ret'd)
Silicon Valley Rose Farmer

Rondata

Feb 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/5/99
I wonder if the script went like this?

She:
Wow!
Great Scott
Surprise Surprise
He:
Pucker Up
Hot Lips

Old Smoothie
Chuckles
You n Me

She:
She's Blushing
Wishful Thinking
Cathedral
Someday Soon
Wedding Day

Then she remembers:
Casanova
Wit's End
Heartbreaker
Pillow Talk
Eyeopener
Double Talk
Secret Obsession
Party Girl

Then:
Side Kick
Short n Sweet
Waltz Time

Or maybe something simpler? :)
--
Joel Mattox
Saratoga, CA

http://www.randomaccesssolutions.com/rosehelper.htm

Catarina Pamnell

Feb 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/5/99
Cornelius Krasel skrev i meddelandet ...

>Catarina Pamnell <cata...@pamnell.com> wrote:
>> After I asked them for a clarification, they told me that
this
>> particular IP address is a proxy server, for which logs
>> "unfortunately" are kept only for a very short time
period...

>Well, it depends. There are proxies which don't keep logs at
all
>(lpwa.com springs to mind) and are effectively used for
anonymizing
>messages. Other proxies keep logs for whatever time the
administrator
>thinks is appropriate.

In this particular case they say about 3 days, which if you sit
on complaints for a few days before moving means it's kinda
hard to find anything...

Telia is the formerly state-owned phone monopoly. Or to quote
the nice policeman who called me up last night to follow up on
the complaint: "Telia... <sigh>"

Catarina

--
http://xenu.just.nu