Introspection Rundown.

Zed

Nov 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/23/96

to...@mail.mpx.com.au (Tony McClelland) wrote:

>This procedure has been used in Australia with a debilitating
>outcome. Please contact the Gosford Police for a statement
>from an escapee of the Introspection Rundown.

I have the impression that the individual involved just wants to put
the whole incident behind them, which is why they didn't press
charges. I'm inclined to wonder how many more such cases go completely

unreported outside of the Co$. A Scientologist at the last demo in
Sydney was well aware of this rundown and approved of it, so it
doesn't appear to be hidden from members.

>THE TECHNICAL BREAKTHROUGH OF 1973!
>THE INTROSPECTION RD

>[..]

>But what is a psychotic break?

>Man has never been able to solve the psychotic break. In fact,
>human beings are actually afraid of a person in a psychotic break and
>in
>desperation turn to psychiatry to handle.

>[..]

>What was done was an auditor went into the room, sat the person
>down and corrected the last severe point of wrong indication.
>Subsequent
>times of wrong indication in his life were cleared up, the person
came
>out
>of the psychotic break and into present time.

>THIS MEANS THE LAST REASON TO HAVE PSYCHIATRY
>AROUND IS GONE.

And there we have it - Scientology is supposed to replace psychiatry
for the treatment of psychosis. What more evidence that the Co$ is
practising medicine without a license do people need? Keith Henson,
are you reading this?

(I've snipped out a _lot_ of tek. Sheesh, if something that exacting
was applied on me, I could start believing it actually meant
something.)

>STEPS OF THE RD

>0. On a person in a psychotic break isolate the person wholly
>with all
>attendants completely muzzled (no speech).

>00. Give vitamins (B complex, including niacin) and minerals
>(calcium
>and magnesium) to build the person up.

So you lock a psychotic up and force-feed them vitamins to prepare
them for this, er, "ritual"? This isn't religion - it's medical
quackery, plain and simple.

>You have in your hands the tool to take over mental therapy in full.

Hoo boy.

>You need not fear the insane or the psychotic break any longer.

>Here also is the cure for the continual self-auditing pc who is dug
>into his bank. It works on all pcs in fact with rave results.

What did Hubbard have against introspection? Would this rundown be
applied to people who are suffering from depression? From my own
experience, depression causes people to become extremely
self-analysing. I don't like the thought of this at all.

>ISOLATION

>When a person is released from isolation after terminated handling
>of a psychotic break it is usual to welcome them back and restore any
>lost
>ARC for them from the group, if needed, with an announcement in the
>OODs.

I didn't realise that any announcements about the Introspection
Rundown were made. What's OOD stand for?

>Formal notification would be made that the person was back in
>good graces and he would be allowed to make up for any damage done,
>but not forced to do so. In the case of a crew member, it would be
>expected he would be assigned to the RPF where there was one, and
>told
>to make good.

This is a very, very ugly document.

Zed PGP key on Request
****PGP is obviously a good idea - look at who objects to it****
Resources for Ex-Scientologists: http://www.zeta.org.au/~hendersn/
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important
that you do it." --Mahatma Gandhi

Monica Pignotti

Nov 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/24/96

In <577flq$n...@phaedrus.kralizec.net.au> hend...@zeta.org.au (Zed)
writes:

>to...@mail.mpx.com.au (Tony McClelland) wrote:
>

>>When a person is released from isolation after terminated handling
>>of a psychotic break it is usual to welcome them back and restore any
>>lost
>>ARC for them from the group, if needed, with an announcement in the
>>OODs.
>
>I didn't realise that any announcements about the Introspection
>Rundown were made. What's OOD stand for?

OOD stands for Orders of the Day, a daily list of announcements that
was (is?) distributed to sea org members.

>>Formal notification would be made that the person was back in
>>good graces and he would be allowed to make up for any damage done,
>>but not forced to do so. In the case of a crew member, it would be
>>expected he would be assigned to the RPF where there was one, and
>>told
>>to make good.

This is basically what happened to Quentin Hubbard after his suicide
attempt in 1974 in Madiera on the Apollo. He was isolated for about 3
weeks and given the Introspection RD (although it was alot shorter
then) and then sent to the RPF.

>This is a very, very ugly document.

It sure is. Yet another example of Elron's grandiosity.

Monica Pignotti

Tilman Hausherr

Nov 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/24/96

In <5784d6$e...@dfw-ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>, pign...@ix.netcom.com(Monica
Pignotti) wrote:

>It sure is. Yet another example of Elron's grandiosity.

I read "introspection rundown" and related definitions in the tech dict.
It is a proof that scientology wants people to be extroverted and not
introverted. It means that scientology considers about 50% of the
available personality types undesirable.

Tilman

Curtis R. Anderson

Nov 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/27/96

Monica Pignotti wrote:

> In <577flq$n...@phaedrus.kralizec.net.au> hend...@zeta.org.au (Zed)
> writes:
> > [...]

> OOD stands for Orders of the Day, a daily list of announcements that
> was (is?) distributed to sea org members.

And not that different from any armed forces, really. This is quite
similar to a command's Daily Bulletin. Well, many of the U.S. armed
forces' bulletins are available through the Internet. I'd be willing to
guess the Sea Org's OODs were tightly kept secrets. (We don't want any
of our paramilitary abuses leaking out into the Wog World, they'll call
for our heads on pikes!)

> [...]

> This is basically what happened to Quentin Hubbard after his suicide
> attempt in 1974 in Madiera on the Apollo. He was isolated for about 3
> weeks and given the Introspection RD (although it was alot shorter
> then) and then sent to the RPF.

More of that paramilitary abuse they would heap on someone when they
wanted to control them. "The only way to control someone is to lie to
them." Well, the folks conducting the Introspection Rundown were
undoubtedly lying to those captive by telling them they had no worth.
They would be told their lowest ethics conditions of Confusion would
require them to "find out that [they] are."

> >This is a very, very ugly document.
>

> It sure is. Yet another example of Elron's grandiosity.

Intelligence coupled with insanity and megalomania.
--
Curtis R. Anderson, Co-creator of "Gleepy the Hen", SP 2.5?, KoX
URLs: http://www.servtech.com/public/cra/ | XENU: All that needs

Number 3

Nov 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/28/96

In article <32a11248...@news.snafu.de>, til...@berlin.snafu.de
(Tilman Hausherr) wrote:

> In <5784d6$e...@dfw-ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>, pign...@ix.netcom.com(Monica
> Pignotti) wrote:
>

> >It sure is. Yet another example of Elron's grandiosity.
>

> I read "introspection rundown" and related definitions in the tech dict.
> It is a proof that scientology wants people to be extroverted and not
> introverted. It means that scientology considers about 50% of the
> available personality types undesirable.

and yet the whole of auditing acts to turn attention
inward. the "tech" is self-contradictory.

-- see...@ix.netcom.com