The Register-Guard, OR: Scientology intruder had been in Lane jail

Sue M.

Nov 25, 2008, 12:14:59 PM11/25/08
From today's Register-Guard newspaper from Eugene, OR, at:

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/news/3124001-35/story.csp

==========

Scientology intruder had been in Lane jail

By Winston Ross

The Register-Guard

Published: Nov 25, 2008 08:47AM
Home: Story

FLORENCE — Mario Jay Majorski, shot dead on Sunday by security guards
at the Church of Scientology Celebrity Centre in Holly­wood, was
released from the Lane County Jail because of overcrowding two weeks
ago, the same day he was arrested by Eugene police on charges of
criminal trespass and harassing a police officer at the Executive
House motel on West Sixth Avenue.

The Florence resident previously had been convicted of stalking a Lane
County judge, and he was charged last month in Florence with menacing
a AAA representative.

The 48-year-old former mem­ber of the church was killed by security
guards at the Scientology building in what Los Angeles police called a
justified shooting after he threatened to stab the guards with two
samurai swords.

"This is just one more example of what happens when your criminal
justice system breaks down," Lane County District Attorney Doug
Harcleroad said. "When people are released from jail (too early), bad
things happen. New crimes are committed, or in this particular case,
an individual met his demise. It’s very unfortunate."

Los Angeles police Detective Wendi Berndt said Monday that Majorski
drove up to the church and confronted several security guards with the
swords, threatening repeatedly to kill them. The guards pushed
Majorski back toward his vehicle, but eventually had to use deadly
force, Berndt said.

"There was video of the whole incident. It’s very compelling, very
clear that the suspect in this case was attempting to kill somebody,"
Berndt said.

Berndt said it’s unclear why Majorski went to the church. Though he
did have a "previous relationship" with Scientology, it was a long
time ago and he was not a current member.

"It’s clear from looking at the video there’s mental health issues,"
Berndt said. "In talking with the jurisdiction in your area and
hearing some of the incidents, it confirms the person did have mental
health issues."

In 1993, Majorski was listed as a plaintiff in a lawsuit brought by
the Church of Scientology in Santa Monica Superior Court against a
nationally known psychiatrist and professor at the University of
California Los Angeles, who was an outspoken critic of the church.

Majorski was a student at UCLA at the time. He and a classmate, John
Van Dyke, sued Dr. Louis J. West on behalf of the church for waging "a
smear campaign of religious intolerance and hatred on university
time." The lawsuit was dismissed.

Majorski has since had en-­counters with local authorities.

In June 2007, he was convicted of two misdemeanor counts of stalking
Lane County Circuit Judge Debra Vogt with a dangerous weapon, after
"repeated and unwanted contact" with the judge, and sentenced to
probation. The charges came "after a case in which he did not like her
decision and had made threats against her," according to a news
release issued Monday by Lane County Sheriff Russ Burger.

On Oct. 26, officers in Florence responded to a phone call from a
representative for AAA, whom Majorski reportedly was threatening with
an ax.

Majorski had called AAA because he ran out of gas in the middle of
Munsel Lake Road, according to a police report.

The representative, Doug Bush­war, told police he arrived with a can
of gas and found Majorski standing on the passenger side of his Toyota
pickup, which had its flashers on. Behind the truck, there were "small
kids’ toys lined up in a row on the street," Bushwar told the officer.
"He thought this looked very strange," the report said.

When Bushwar approached, Majorski became upset and agitated, according
to the report, yelling at Bushwar to stay where he was, then
threatening him and ultimately telling him to leave. Bushwar tried to
explain who he was and to calm Majorski down, but Majorski grabbed an
ax from the truck and threatened Bushwar with it, according to the
report.

Florence police officer Brian Goss arrived to find Majorski walking
down Munsel Lake Road. Goss asked Majorski to talk to him, but
Majorski walked away yelling and cursing, eventually threatening to
shoot Goss. Majorski eventually ran into a nearby house, came to a
window and told Goss he had hostages inside, then he came back outside
and stormed about the yard.

"He told us we have rifles aimed at our heads right now and that at
his count of three we would be executed," Goss wrote. "He then counted
to three."

Majorski also said there were explosives in the house. Another officer
eventually got handcuffs on Majorski, who was arrested for menacing
and disorderly conduct. He pleaded not guilty to the menacing charge
and was scheduled to appear in court on the other charge in December.

Majorski made three financially disastrous forays into the
Eugene-Springfield real estate investment market in 2004. He bought
three rental properties with about $550,000 of his own cash, plus
high-interest-rate mortgages totaling about $350,000, then quickly
fell behind on payments on all three properties. Facing foreclosures,
he sold the properties for much less than he had paid, according to
deeds and mortgages filed with Lane County.

In March 2004, Majorski paid $241,000 for a four-unit apartment
building at 141 16th St. in Springfield. Later that year he fell
behind on mortgage payments, and, facing foreclosure, he sold the
property in July 2007 to investors for $180,000.

In February 2004, Majorski paid $273,000 for a duplex at 1180 W. 25th
Ave. in Eugene. He fell behind on mortgage payments later that year,
and, facing foreclosure, sold the building in 2006 for $200,000.

Also in February 2004, he paid $375,000 for a five-unit apartment
building at 2140 Roosevelt Blvd. in Eugene. Before the end of the
year, he was failing to make mortgage payments and facing
fore­closure. He sold the property in September 2007 for $365,000.

At the time of his death, Majorski still owned one Lane County
property, a house at 3210 Munsel Lake Road in Florence that he bought
in October 2007 for $155,000 from Wells Fargo Bank. The bank had
foreclosed on the property after its previous owner defaulted.

Neighbors on Munsel Lake said Majorski could be strange.

"He just had his off-the-wall moments," said Dale Dotson, who lives on
Majorski’s street. "He would just kind of babble, be out in his
driveway just babbling to himself. He seemed harmless enough."

Lester Potter, who lived next door to Majorski, said "he spent his
money like it was no problem" on repairs to the home he moved into
about a year ago, including gargoyle statues in the yard. Majorski
told Potter he was a writer.

Detective Wendt said the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office
would make an official ruling this week on whether Majorski’s death
was justified.

The Register-Guard’s Whitney Malkin and Christian Wihtol contributed
to this report.

phil scott

Nov 25, 2008, 11:36:04 PM11/25/08

some previous people involved with killing folks and scientology are:

Son of Sam (found at the time of his arrest with the phone number of
Flag land base executive..search the NG for the details and names..
mid 90's posts)

Charlie Manson, (on liines at the LA org, recieved 150 hours of
auditing)

the folks who founded 'the process'.. many killings involved, spun
from the LA org.. references the LA county prosecutors book on these
issues, Vincent Bugliosi...searchable on google.

The hlliside strangler, one of which, forgot name, had peripheral
involvement with the LA org... where one of his victims was the
daughter of a case supervisor there... all of his victims were
prostitutes...for names search google for 'bono, hillside strangler".

There about 200 cases where all we have are victims, shot, boiled
alive at thier hotel, found full of bullet holes outside of the cults
'happy valley' prison camp, or drowned, washed up on the beaches
around the cults Flag land base.... and many many suicides.... see.
www.torymagoo.org for eye witness accounts of 7 such (all young men).

Phil scott

cultxpt

Nov 26, 2008, 12:35:42 AM11/26/08

Really strange. This guy has tons of money to pay cash for properties,
then lets them default. Where did the money come from, and why was he
so reckless with it?

John

Nov 26, 2008, 12:38:21 AM11/26/08

>"cultxpt" <cul...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>On Nov 25, 10:14 am, Sue M. <batchi...@cox.net> wrote:
>> From today's Register-Guard newspaper from Eugene, OR, at:
>>
>> http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/news/3124001-35/story.csp

snip

>> Detective Wendt said the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office
>> would make an official ruling this week on whether Majorski’s death
>> was justified.
>>
>> The Register-Guard’s Whitney Malkin and Christian Wihtol contributed
>> to this report.

> Really strange. This guy has tons of money to pay cash for properties,
> then lets them default. Where did the money come from, and why was he
> so reckless with it?

I'll agree it's odd, but the second question is probably answered by the
simple response, "he was mentally ill".

Tom Klemesrud

Nov 26, 2008, 1:28:51 AM11/26/08

Good catch Jeff. We've seen this before like in the Sandcastle Motel,
and the Gray Moss Inn in Clearwater.

We Don't know where the money came from to buy. But, we know someone
had to benefit from all those transactions. Where did Mario Mahorski
get all that money? It reminds me of Author Services investing in the
Reno, NV "Great Western Wealth" gold depository in 1982, run by James
Lowell Demurs.

When a couple reporters in Reno started investigating its going out of
business with no gold in the vault, Gene Ingram showed up and threatened
the reporters, who were also reserve sheriffs.

There were ways to get Hubbard his money back in 1982.

But there was also money laundering.

phil scott

Nov 26, 2008, 11:41:03 AM11/26/08
> so reckless with it?- Hide quoted text -

likely an inheritance... 500k is not a lot these days, a parent dies,
the home is worth that or more in most cases... notice it ran down
over time with those failed deals he did.

so on the last few he went broke... the credit market collapsed... he
went ballistic, the hose job he got while in scientology probably
sucked off a few hundred thousand... so he went after them.

as with any fraud, the chickens eventually come home to roost... when
it involves screwing over someones mind as their money is extracted
you end up with a very pissed off, crazy man with two swords looking
for justice apparently.
.

Phil scott

Eldon

Nov 26, 2008, 9:18:04 PM11/26/08

Did you read this account by a guy who knew him?
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=177099&postcount=320
Apparently he was in the Freezone starting around 2000/2001, and still
a big believer in the tech. Then he showed up for a visit in 2004
pretty flipped out.

This guy is saying his case was messed up by getting L-11 before OT
III or some such Freezone figment of the imagination.

phil scott

Nov 26, 2008, 11:38:04 PM11/26/08
> Did you read this account by a guy who knew him?http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=177099&postcount=320

> Apparently he was in the Freezone starting around 2000/2001, and still
> a big believer in the tech. Then he showed up for a visit in 2004
> pretty flipped out.
>
> This guy is saying his case was messed up by getting L-11 before OT
> III or some such Freezone figment of the imagination.
>

> > as with any fraud, the chickens eventually come home to roost... when
> > it involves screwing over someones mind as their money is extracted
> > you end up with a very pissed off, crazy man with two swords looking
> > for justice apparently.
> > .
>
> > Phil scott- Hide quoted text -

hubbard was a mix of brilliant and insane, with a lot of con man and
viciousness thrown in... taking that package seriously is
fatal....

my heart goes out to Mario, a few notches brighter and he would have
seen the completely fatal flaws in hubbies axioms etc and run for the
door.... instead he was hooked by the aspects of hubbards brilliance
and the conn the cult puts out... an honest man cannot fathom such
corruption, it got him big time. L11 got a lot of people, it was
insane at the core.... that an individual is 100% responsible for all
that happens ...its simply false, stated and processed as trugh...
produces insanity from what i can tell

so they shot him dead

not impressive from a cult that promises allegiance once granted shall
not be withdrawn

Phil scott