Hubbard's Monastery story; anybody have?

cultxpt

Dec 30, 2008, 5:23:29 PM12/30/08
Hubbard told this story of a monastery that everyone feared, and
finally somebody went into the monastery and it was just empty.
anybody know where I can find that story?

Gerry Armstrong

Dec 30, 2008, 5:53:41 PM12/30/08
On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:23:29 -0800 (PST), cultxpt <cul...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hubbard told this story of a monastery that everyone feared, and
>finally somebody went into the monastery and it was just empty.
>anybody know where I can find that story?

I don't recall the monastery, but there was a "haunted cave" in his
hagriography:

Everywhere he went, he also took the time to help and teach others. On
a remote Pacific island, for example, he proved to the terrified
natives that the groans of a ghost in a supposedly haunted cave were
nothing more than the rushing of underground water.
http://lron.hubbard.org/pg004.html

© Gerry Armstrong
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org

Kat

Dec 30, 2008, 6:16:05 PM12/30/08
On Dec 30, 5:53 pm, Gerry Armstrong <ge...@gerryarmstrong.org> wrote:
> Everywhere he went, he also took the time to help and teach others. On
> a remote Pacific island, for example, he proved to the terrified
> natives that the groans of a ghost in a supposedly haunted cave were
> nothing more than the rushing of underground water.http://lron.hubbard.org/pg004.html
>
> © Gerry Armstronghttp://www.gerryarmstrong.org

I think I remember that from an episode of Scooby Doo.

t_shuffle

Dec 30, 2008, 10:34:28 PM12/30/08

"Kat" <lady...@comcast.net> wrote in message

And it would have worked too, if not for you darn kids..

Chef Xenu

Dec 31, 2008, 3:36:21 AM12/31/08

You will notice the modus operandi of mystery in this universe. You
see, it doesn’t happen to be a pattern for all universes, fortunately,
but the modus operandi of mystery is simply to hide nothing.

Lord Dunseny tells one of the most wonderful stories about a monastery
which was scheduled to fall one day, and this monastery was up on a
high hill and there was a rumor and a legend had gone forward for many
centuries that on a certain day the monastery would fall. And uh… the
day came, and one of the peasants in the valley walked up to the
monastery and walked in the front gate. He was quite astonished to
find no guards on duty because the guards were back in a corner of a
courtyard weeping because that day the monastery was scheduled to
fall.

And so he walked on through to an inner chamber and he was not stopped
because all of the guards there were weeping ‘cause the monastery was
scheduled to fall that day, and he walked on into an inner sanctum and
an inner sanctum sanctorum sanctorum plus, and uh… finally came down
unguarded corridors to the largest central room of this entire place
where the mystery of all mysteries of all mysteries was kept, and here
behind, at the far side of the room… obviously, the mystery was behind
these huge black curtains, and he walked over and he looked at the
curtains and he thought, „Well, it’s a very adventurous thing to do,“
but the monastery was scheduled to fall that day, so he adventured to
do it. And he reached up and he pulled the curtains down and there was
nothing there. And the monastery fell that day.

L. Ron Hubbard. Philadelphia Doctorate Course 24 What's Wrong With
This Universe - A Working Package For The Auditor.

Rev Dennis L Erlich

Dec 31, 2008, 11:14:05 AM12/31/08
cultxpt <cul...@gmail.com> wrote:

Never heard this one, Jeff.

cultxpt

Dec 31, 2008, 11:47:42 AM12/31/08

That's it! Thanks. Prophetic, eh?

Chef Xenu

Dec 31, 2008, 1:18:35 PM12/31/08

As I don't expect the Corporation of Scientology to disappear any time
soon, I'm not sure prophetic is the word, but definitely a rare moment
of insight into LRH's mind. Since he thought "the modus operandi of
mystery is simply to hide nothing" and as LRH wanted to be mysterious,
he adopted the M.O.

What happens when Pre-Clears pull down the curtain? Dianetic Clear -
You mocked up your own reactive mind.
What happens when Pre-OTs pull down the curtain? Operating Thetan VIII
- You mocked up your own past lives.

Hubbard went to a lot of effort to hide nothing, convince people it
was really something, and get them to pay to discover it was nothing
to begin with. The weird thing is how he confuses them so badly that
by the time they pull down the curtain, they are ready to accept the
nothing they find as if it were something valuable... well... at least
until their "psychosomatic ills" return.

Peace,
Chef Xenu
_________
REB Slaughter (USN-RET)(SP V)
Chef-phone: 614-743-1446
4th (or 5th) Marcabian Invader Force, Mess Saucer 1138
http://youtube.com/ChefXenu - Bachelor pad cooking meets $cientology
http://youtube.com/OhioXenu - Protest footage + enturbulation