Face of new Google

Mike Gormez

May 20, 2005, 1:22:08 PM5/20/05

May 20, 2005, 1:27:23 PM5/20/05
On Fri, 20 May 2005 19:22:08 +0200, Mike Gormez <mgo...@chello.nl> wrote:

May 20, 2005, 1:35:09 PM5/20/05

> --
> Mike Gormez

Hey Mike:

Look what I found on Google!

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4119
--
http://mysite.verizon.net/respu7h5/
© 2005 Lawrence Toomajan

"Larry T.? I just killfile him, like everyone here should do as
well!...Valerie

Feisty

May 20, 2005, 1:43:06 PM5/20/05

"Mike Gormez" <mgo...@chello.nl> wrote in message news:3f6knkF...@individual.net...
> Gone will be the clean screens
> http://www.google.com/ig

Click on the "Classic Home" preference button in the upper right corner.

Feisty

Andrew Robertson

May 20, 2005, 2:11:27 PM5/20/05

"henri" <he...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Maybe in a few years Dean Phillips can update his 'Classic Marketing
Blunders' article. He'll only need to change a few words in the Coca-Cola
paragraph.

http://tinyurl.com/9shf3

[...]

"...They destroy what's familiar and successful. Instead of taking the path
of least resistance, they try to reinvent the wheel--usually with disastrous
results!

Here's a classic example of what I'm talking about:

For a long time now, Google has been the number one search engine in the
world. They have vast financial resources and some of the greatest technical
minds available at their disposal. Despite all of that, Google failed
miserably when it introduced New Personalized Ig-Google to the public back
in 2005. Why? What happened?

Well, there have been many theories floated over the years, as to why New
Google fizzled out. Like everyone else, I have my own theory. A very simple
theory...

People didn't like New Google.

It's as simple as that.

Despite all the research that was done, and despite the thousands of tests
conducted; the buying public just didn't like the feel of New Google. And
absolutely nothing Google said or did could change that one simple fact.

Unfortunately, that turned out to be a very costly lesson for Google. They
lost millions of customers to their bitter rival and number two search
engine giant, MSN Search."

[...]

But to show that Google may be hedging their bets, hiding away in the top
right hand corner of the new Ig-Google screen is the option 'Classic Home'.

Andrew

Mike Gormez

May 20, 2005, 2:19:21 PM5/20/05
"On Fri, 20 May 2005 17:43:06 GMT, "Feisty" <su...@skytoday.com> wrote in
<Kkpje.5693$tX5....@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>:

>> Gone will be the clean screens
>> http://www.google.com/ig
>
>Click on the "Classic Home" preference button in the upper right corner.

Google has announced it will be placing advertisements on the new
'personalized' page, I do not believe they will resist the urge for long
before they do the same on the Classic page as well.

roger gonnet

May 20, 2005, 3:44:41 PM5/20/05

"Mike Gormez" <mgo...@chello.nl> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f6o31F...@individual.net...

> "On Fri, 20 May 2005 17:43:06 GMT, "Feisty" <su...@skytoday.com> wrote in
> <Kkpje.5693$tX5....@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>:
>
>>> Gone will be the clean screens
>>> http://www.google.com/ig
>>
>>Click on the "Classic Home" preference button in the upper right corner.
>
> Google has announced it will be placing advertisements on the new
> 'personalized' page, I do not believe they will resist the urge for long
> before they do the same on the Classic page as well.

I agree with the fact that Google has done such a work during his short but
ultra-rich life, that it msut amke more money.

I've installed, just to quote one example, a FREE fantastic google search engine
(later imitated by MS) on my machine, since few weeks: I'm at least winning one
hour a day in searches... I had asked for one since years, and i get it for
free. So, accepting more ads seems me quite correct, as long as the Google team
can also defend itself against the true scn sharks and some others in that
world.