very sad

The Momentary Delurker

Apr 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/30/98

I buying some groceries in a little grocery store across the street
from a scientology org when I noticed the fellow behind me. Medium
height, thin and wearing a rather rumpled shirt, tie and slacks.
His hair was a bit longish, as though overdue for a haircut. Shirt
and tie is rather unusual attire for the area and since I was
wearing a light jacket because it was a cool evening I thought he
must not have walked very far.

Then I noticed what he was purchasing: two very small tomatoes and a
small packet of lunch meat, enough to make one sandwich or maybe two
in a pinch, perhaps a dollar and a half purchase at best.

I realized then that he was in all likelyhood one of the
scientologists from across the street, probably a low level staff
member. I knew from experience that poverty was endemic among low
level staff around here, resources entirely sucked up by the
"church."

I suddenly saw myself twelve years ago in this young man.

It was a very sad picture.

Delurk

WONDERFULR

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

>Subject: very sad
>From: The Momentary Delurker <del...@molly.hh.org>
>Date: Thu, Apr 30, 1998 22:50 EDT

>I buying some groceries in a little grocery store across the street
>from a scientology org when I noticed the fellow behind me. Medium
>height, thin and wearing a rather rumpled shirt, tie and slacks.

That is sad. Rumpled shirts make me want to cry.

>His hair was a bit longish, as though overdue for a haircut.

I only get misty eyed on that, though. Some long hair even makes me happy.

>Then I noticed what he was purchasing: two very small tomatoes and a
>small packet of lunch meat

Seeing small tomatoes being purchased can cause even the strong to break down
in grief.

Small packets of lunch meat give everyone grief.

> enough to make one sandwich or maybe two
>in a pinch, perhaps a dollar and a half purchase at best.

If the guy (who ~might~ have been a Scientologist) had purchased over $3.00
worth of food, it would have been okay. But to buy $1.50 worth just makes me
sick!

>I realized then that he was in all likelyhood one of the
>scientologists from across the street, probably a low level staff
>member.

Or perhaps a Catholic or Mormon man who wanted to make a sandwich.

>I suddenly saw myself twelve years ago in this young man.

Were you really into small tomatoes and lunch meat 12 years ago?

Keith Henson

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

The Momentary Delurker (del...@molly.hh.org) wrote:

snip

: Then I noticed what he was purchasing: two very small tomatoes and a
: small packet of lunch meat, enough to make one sandwich or maybe two

: in a pinch, perhaps a dollar and a half purchase at best.

: I realized then that he was in all likelyhood one of the

: scientologists from across the street, probably a low level staff

: member. I knew from experience that poverty was endemic among low

: level staff around here, resources entirely sucked up by the
: "church."

: I suddenly saw myself twelve years ago in this young man.

: It was a very sad picture.

Yeah, never been there myself, but this one brought tears. Next time
invite him out for a meal. Keith Henson

Roland

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

The Momentary Delurker wrote:

> I buying some groceries in a little grocery store across the street
> from a scientology org when I noticed the fellow behind me. Medium
> height, thin and wearing a rather rumpled shirt, tie and slacks.
> His hair was a bit longish, as though overdue for a haircut. Shirt
> and tie is rather unusual attire for the area and since I was
> wearing a light jacket because it was a cool evening I thought he
> must not have walked very far.
>
> Then I noticed what he was purchasing: two very small tomatoes and a
> small packet of lunch meat, enough to make one sandwich or maybe two
> in a pinch, perhaps a dollar and a half purchase at best.

Naah! Two very small tomatoes so the guy could get in a bit of
auditing and still carry on if one of the tomatoes had a psychotic
break. As for the lunch meat, perhaps he was going to Spam the
net later. This could be wgert. Did he have a pig with him?

Roland
--
Watch the Xemu Cartoon: http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/xemurams/
Visit Xemu's Home Page: http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/index2.html

MikeSmith3

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 19:50:05 -0700, The Momentary Delurker
<del...@molly.hh.org> wrote:

>I buying some groceries in a little grocery store across the
>street

>Then I noticed what he was purchasing: two very
>small tomatoes and a small packet of lunch meat, enough
>to make one sandwich or maybe two in a pinch, perhaps
>a dollar and a half purchase at best.

>I suddenly saw myself twelve years ago in this young man.

>It was a very sad picture.

The clerk overheard him saying, "I didn't mean to screw O'Riley out of his
money. This case was air tight."

Ted Mayett (KOX)

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

>Then I noticed what he was purchasing:

One day doing a picket at the big org, one of the faithful comes out
the building and takes off walking. 20 minutes and he is back with a
4 pack of toilet paper. It is a 20 minute walk to the supermarket.

I used to donate toilet paper, coffee, styrofoam cups, plastic garbage
bags, all kind of things like that. But never a 4 pack. It is just
not worth my time to stand in line to purchase a 4 pack.

Come on whipper, do a snappy reply to this.

--
Ted Mayett OT 1.1
http://xenu.phys.uit.no/cgi-bin/globloc.cgi

The Momentary Delurker

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

On Fri, 1 May 1998, Keith Henson wrote:

> The Momentary Delurker (del...@molly.hh.org) wrote:
>

> : Then I noticed what he was purchasing: two very small tomatoes and a

> : small packet of lunch meat, enough to make one sandwich or maybe two
> : in a pinch, perhaps a dollar and a half purchase at best.
>

> : I realized then that he was in all likelyhood one of the
> : scientologists from across the street, probably a low level staff
> : member. I knew from experience that poverty was endemic among low
> : level staff around here, resources entirely sucked up by the
> : "church."
>

> : I suddenly saw myself twelve years ago in this young man.

> : It was a very sad picture.
>

> Yeah, never been there myself, but this one brought tears. Next time
> invite him out for a meal. Keith Henson

I should have. But I'm a coward, afraid of getting anywhere near
scientology again.

Twelve years ago I spent my last 50 cents on a hostess fruit pie in
the store right across from the mission, desperate for enough
calories to get me through the TRs scheduled to last until 11pm and
terrified of being late to class, already having done TRs all day.

Several staff members noticed and commented on that fruit pie before
I ate it in the break room later on. I remember one fellow I didn't
know recounting his "wins" that day and his was, "I went grocery
shopping today and even though I didn't have much money I really got
a lot of food."

On the way back to the staff house one lady joked, "If you do enough
TRs you don't need much sleep!"

Someone else was talking about cockroaches, something about how they
don't have much theta, that they are "mostly mechanical."

We got to the house and everyone immediately disappeared into their
rooms. I imagined that they all ate privately in their rooms. I
was very hungry but afraid to ask anyone.

One fellow who claimed to be a nuclear engineer remained in the
kitchen and began cooking chunks of unknown fish and drinking
cal-mag. He gave me some fish when he was done eating.

I didn't want to drink the tap water because Chernobyl fallout was
just starting to arrive here. The "nuclear engineer" seemed to
think "All About Radiation" was pretty accurate stuff. I didn't.

Someone was kind enough to give me an extra blanket that night. It
was cold. I slept on the living room floor. There was no furniture.

It all seemed very surreal and still does.

I blew early the next morning. It took me several years to get my
head back together and sometimes I'm still not too sure... Thank
God I wasn't on staff any longer because I surely would have been
sucked in forever.

Delurk

Rod Keller

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

:
: I realized then that he was in all likelyhood one of the
: scientologists from across the street, probably a low level staff
: member. I knew from experience that poverty was endemic among low
: level staff around here, resources entirely sucked up by the
: "church."
:
: I suddenly saw myself twelve years ago in this young man.
:
: It was a very sad picture.

A frequent contributor to a.r.s once told me s/he had saved up $2000
before joining SO in the 70s. S/he was able to stretch it for two years to
eat a hamburger every day instead of the rations at the berthing, which
was boiled millet. They couldn't afford beans and rice. Sounds like some
things haven't changed all that much.

--
Rod Keller / rke...@voicenet.com / Irresponsible Publisher
Black Hat #1 / Expert of the Toilet / CWPD Mouthpiece

The Momentary Delurker

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

On Fri, 1 May 1998, Roland wrote:

> The Momentary Delurker wrote:
> >
> > Then I noticed what he was purchasing: two very small tomatoes and a
> > small packet of lunch meat, enough to make one sandwich or maybe two
> > in a pinch, perhaps a dollar and a half purchase at best.
>

> Naah! Two very small tomatoes so the guy could get in a bit of
> auditing and still carry on if one of the tomatoes had a psychotic
> break. As for the lunch meat, perhaps he was going to Spam the
> net later. This could be wgert. Did he have a pig with him?

Heh. Roland, I must say that you certainly crack me up with some of
your, ah, colorful posts. This one's a keeper!

But my point was that scientologists are human beings too and almost
all (not every one though) are pretty nice people, even if they're
a little fried upstairs. About like the general population, you
know?

I don't like seeing people go hungry. Hopefully I was mistaken and
that wasn't the case at all with this fellow. It just brought back a
lot of my own experiences when I was "on staff."

Cheers,
Delurk

The Momentary Delurker

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

On 1 May 1998, WONDERFULR wrote:

> Were you really into small tomatoes and lunch meat 12 years ago?

Thanks for the flamage.

You know, the one thing that is generally asked of us as human
beings is to try to treat one another decently.

You really ought to make a point of trying it once during your
lifetime.

It will probably make you feel better than all that auditing does.
Cheaper too.

Cheers,
Delurk

ExScio

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

>I buying some groceries in a little grocery store across the street
>from a scientology org when I noticed the fellow behind me. Medium
>height, thin and wearing a rather rumpled shirt, tie and slacks.
>His hair was a bit longish, as though overdue for a haircut. Shirt
>and tie is rather unusual attire for the area and since I was
>wearing a light jacket because it was a cool evening I thought he
>must not have walked very far.
>
>Then I noticed what he was purchasing: two very small tomatoes and a
>small packet of lunch meat, enough to make one sandwich or maybe two
>in a pinch, perhaps a dollar and a half purchase at best.
>
>I realized then that he was in all likelyhood one of the
>scientologists from across the street, probably a low level staff
>member. I knew from experience that poverty was endemic among low
>level staff around here, resources entirely sucked up by the
>"church."
>
>I suddenly saw myself twelve years ago in this young man.
>
>It was a very sad picture.
>
>Delurk

I can certainly remember working for the world wide (WW)
management level of Scientology in the mid-70's and MANY
times wishing I had a few pence to purchase a cup of tea
or a snack at the Saint Hill canteen.

I wasn't SO and even with supplementing my income by
doing some auditing in spare time (evenings/weekends)
my pay was typically around 10-12 English pounds per
week (about $20-25 per week at the exchange rate then).

Out of that I had to pay rent and food. On a really good
week I might be able to afford a movie, but that was it.

I took $600 with me to England to put in a bank account
to keep the Immigration officials happy. It was only because
of that that I was able to survive the "down stat" weeks.

When I finished my staff contract I had to get a real job
for several months in order to make enough money to
pay for my plane fare back home.

Working on staff for Scientology can give you a real
appreciation for what poverty is all about.

<<<<< ExScio (with the emphasis on EX) - St. Louis area SP >>>>>

Martin Hunt

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.980501...@molly.hh.org>,

The Momentary Delurker <del...@molly.hh.org> wrote:

>I don't like seeing people go hungry. Hopefully I was mistaken and
>that wasn't the case at all with this fellow. It just brought back a
>lot of my own experiences when I was "on staff."

A lot of staffers go hungry. I have a proposal: a volunteer food
truck to visit Cedars and give away sandwiches and drinks. I bet
it wouldn't be hard to get hungry people to line up for a bite
right outside the complex. I pity the people on rice and beans;
I was put on that diet for three weeks once when my stats were
down. A lot of people in the cafeteria at Cedars are eating rice
and beans every day. They're made up in large stainless steel
restaurant pans; small, tasteless beans cooked in water and poorly
made rice, in the same pans. The downstat go in the back, behind
the lines, and grab a little heap of the rice and beans on a
paper plate, then sit down to eat, eying all the other people
eating pork chops, avocadoes, fruit, and ice cream. It is a really
sad situation, particularly for the chronically downstat whose
gums begin to bleed from malnourishment on the essentially 3rd
world diet. In the middle of Hollywood, right in the middle of
a multi-million dollars complex, people sit in the midst of heaps
of food - and starve.

Can't the arscc do something for these poor people before they
lose their teeth or get seriously ill from Hubbard's starvation
diet? If I ever picket down there, I'm bringing a knapsack of
grub to hand out to any staffer there who wants it. (this is
really only a staffer issue; publics can eat as they please,
and often eat well as they need to get a solid metab test for
their auditing. Also note this isn't so much an issue for smaller
orgs, generally; they don't even have cafeterias, and no one's
on mandated rice-and-bean diets.)

--
Cogito, ergo sum. http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~av282/
"In South Africa, a Bantu's withholds read not on the needle alone

Martin Hunt

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.980501...@molly.hh.org>,
The Momentary Delurker <del...@molly.hh.org> wrote:

Amazing how this resonated with my own experience - the remarks
I heard, sleeping on the floor (whole time I was in LA), no
furniture, hunger, poverty, doing the TRs late into the night,
and that same surreal feeling, disassociative state.

I kept imagining how I was becoming this wondrous thing. I'd
echo my mind off the hillsides and space out, thinking about
my cousin studying astrophysics in Toronto, and wishing he were
here, wishing he could experience this, this expansive, vacant,
empty feeling, as if I were a tenuous drifting gas.

Well, it's difficult to describe. Sorry for the drifting tense;
I kinda "returned" there. :-) It was a dead, empty time; it all
seemed so real and powerful at the time, but it was really a
delusion. Scientology is dead and empty - soulless. Scientologists
are insane. I don't mean this as a put down of any kind; just a
statement of their state of mind. Realize that when you deal
with them: they're insane.

--
Cogito, ergo sum. http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~av282/
"In South Africa, a Bantu's withholds read not on the needle alone
but on the Tone Arm as well. The Tone Arm goes up as much as two
divisions (3 to 5) just before you get off a bad withhold on one."
- L. Ron Hubbard, E-Meter Essentials, page 23.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Keith Henson

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

The Momentary Delurker (del...@molly.hh.org) wrote:

snip

: It all seemed very surreal and still does.

: I blew early the next morning. It took me several years to get my
: head back together and sometimes I'm still not too sure... Thank
: God I wasn't on staff any longer because I surely would have been
: sucked in forever.

Delurk, it might help if you dig into memetics, evolutionary psychology
and how minds are sucked into drug addiction. If you point your browser
at ftp://ftp/netcom.com/pub/hk/hkhenson and look at the file "all" the
last of those three articles has a model of where human vulnerabilites to
cults come from, and how they work.

You would not be nearly as mystified if you came down with some infection
because we have a fairly good understanding of what causes infections. I
think a similar understanding of how cults "take advantage" of the
psychological characteristics wired into human minds over millions of
years of evolving in tribes and small villages is emerging.

Keith Henson

Wolf

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

This idiotic thread about someone who 'looked' like a Scientologist
(talk about bigotry - what does a Scn look like?) who may or may not
have been buying sandwhich fixings has brought out all the 'poor me'
tales of woe. What a load.

ExScio wrote:

> I can certainly remember working for the world wide (WW)
> management level of Scientology in the mid-70's and MANY
> times wishing I had a few pence to purchase a cup of tea
> or a snack at the Saint Hill canteen.

You obviously weren't very smart, or ingenious. When I worked at WW I
had plenty of smokes, tea, eats, warm clothes and even a nifty little
mini Cooper to drive around in.

> I wasn't SO and even with supplementing my income by
> doing some auditing in spare time (evenings/weekends)
> my pay was typically around 10-12 English pounds per
> week (about $20-25 per week at the exchange rate then).

That's what they were paying me in 67-68. Of course, any halfway bright
person could have easily pocketed an extra $200-300 per month. I did.
Left me plenty for week-end jaunts to London, visits to haunted houses
and romancing the local Birds.

> Out of that I had to pay rent and food. On a really good
> week I might be able to afford a movie, but that was it.

Small minds make small things. You should have gotten off your butt and
generated some extra income.

> I took $600 with me to England to put in a bank account
> to keep the Immigration officials happy. It was only because
> of that that I was able to survive the "down stat" weeks.

When I came back from the Med in Feb 68' I had a pocket full of small
change. Me and a buddy BS'd our way past customs by handing his money
back through the wire fencing and within 24 hours of getting back to St.
Hill I had $50, a nice heated room, a full belly and some chick from
Chicago snuggling up next to me.

> When I finished my staff contract I had to get a real job
> for several months in order to make enough money to
> pay for my plane fare back home.

Wow. You really weren't very inventive were you? No wonder the *down
stat* weeks hurt your little feelings so much.

> Working on staff for Scientology can give you a real
> appreciation for what poverty is all about.

Being a loser who blames everyone and everything but themselves for
their lack of success is probably a better description of your
Scientology staff experience.

Wolf

ExScio

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

Wolf writes:

[snip]

>You obviously weren't very smart, or ingenious. When I worked at WW I
>had plenty of smokes, tea, eats, warm clothes and even a nifty little
>mini Cooper to drive around in.

That's the problem with too many Scientologists - always on
the lookout for some new scam to con people out of money.
I knew plenty of people at Saint Hill who filled their pockets
- at someone else's expense, usually their fellow Scientologists.

>> my pay was typically around 10-12 English pounds per
>> week (about $20-25 per week at the exchange rate then).
>
>That's what they were paying me in 67-68. Of course, any halfway bright
>person could have easily pocketed an extra $200-300 per month. I did.

Is that what you got by going on the dole (welfare) while in
England? Or did you have some other con going?

>You should have gotten off your butt and
>generated some extra income.

I worked in a management group whose stats were in POWER
for most of the time I was there. I moonlighted by working
evenings/weekends as an auditor. I still got paid barely
enough to live on, but then I didn't run any con games like
you obviously did.

>When I came back from the Med in Feb 68' I had a pocket full of small
>change. Me and a buddy BS'd our way past customs by handing his money
>back through the wire fencing and within 24 hours of getting back to St.
>Hill I had $50, a nice heated room, a full belly and some chick from
>Chicago snuggling up next to me.

Another good example of the really high ethical standards
of too many Scientologists.

[snipped rest of the insults]

Clearly you are the loser (morally, ethically, and philosophically)

Inducto

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

From: Wolf <wolf...@micron.net>:

>When I came back from the Med in Feb 68' I had a pocket full of small
>change. Me and a buddy BS'd our way past customs by handing his money
>back through the wire fencing and within 24 hours of getting back to St.
>Hill I had $50, a nice heated room, a full belly and some chick from
>Chicago snuggling up next to me.

So your recollection of the good old days on CoS staff is replete with deceit
and currency illegality?!

Were the rest of the means you used to pad your pocket legal (according to
plain old "wog" law) or not?

And what's so wrong with the notion that an organization that promises and
expects full-time employment, and that has a substantial cash flow, should pay
a decent wage to its employees rather than relying on their creativity to make
ends meet?

I.

SIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIG

Induct YourSELF into new realities

Avoid highwaymen on the road to personal and spiritual betterment -- beware
dead ends and unlit paths

Franklin A Eldridge

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

Keith Henson wrote:

<snipped>

> Delurk, it might help if you dig into memetics, evolutionary psychology
> and how minds are sucked into drug addiction. If you point your browser
> at ftp://ftp/netcom.com/pub/hk/hkhenson and look at the file "all" the
> last of those three articles has a model of where human vulnerabilites to
> cults come from, and how they work.
>

> Keith Henson
hey, Keith, I tried clicking on your URL, but I got a message that the
file is unobtainable...typo, or just (my) clutz-ism?
Thanks. KE

Franklin A Eldridge

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

wgert

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

In buying some groceries in a little grocery store I noticed a fellow

behind me. Medium height, thin and wearing a rather rumpled shirt, tie
and slacks. His hair was a bit longish, as though overdue for a
haircut. The tie had ketchup blops all over. Shirt and tie is rather

unusual attire for the area and since I was wearing a light jacket
because it was a cool evening I thought he must not have walked very
far.

Then I noticed what he was purchasing: two very small tomatoes and

a small packet of lunch meat, enough to make a sandwich or two in a

pinch, perhaps a dollar and a half purchase at best.

I realized then that he was in all likelyhood one of the critics from
the net, probably a low level arscc member. whom I knew from
experience that poverty was epidemic among low level posters
around there; resources entirely sucked up by child support
payments, court costs, tax payments.

It was a very sad picture.

I wish I could have done something for him to change his hateful
attitude.

wgert

Franklin A Eldridge

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

I clicked on send without reading the title...dumb, I'll admit here and
now....:P (Now accepting jests and taunts for this stupid
mistake...with a sense of humor)
KE

Garry Scarff

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

You will, wgert. What you saw in your vision was Dennis Erlich, a
penniless transient after losing his public benefits when the government
finds they'd been lied to and manipulated. Keep those coins handy,
wgert.

Ayet

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

In article <354970...@virgin.net>, roland.rash...@virgin.net
says...

> The Momentary Delurker wrote:
> >
> > I buying some groceries in a little grocery store across the street
> > from a scientology org when I noticed the fellow behind me. Medium

> > height, thin and wearing a rather rumpled shirt, tie and slacks.
> > His hair was a bit longish, as though overdue for a haircut. Shirt

> > and tie is rather unusual attire for the area and since I was
> > wearing a light jacket because it was a cool evening I thought he
> > must not have walked very far.
> >
> > Then I noticed what he was purchasing: two very small tomatoes and a
> > small packet of lunch meat, enough to make one sandwich or maybe two

> > in a pinch, perhaps a dollar and a half purchase at best.
>
> Naah! Two very small tomatoes so the guy could get in a bit of
> auditing and still carry on if one of the tomatoes had a psychotic
> break. As for the lunch meat, perhaps he was going to Spam the
> net later. This could be wgert. Did he have a pig with him?
>
> Roland
> --
> Watch the Xemu Cartoon: http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/xemurams/
> Visit Xemu's Home Page: http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/index2.html
> Also the incomparable Operation Clambake: http://www.xenu.net/
> The TRUE story of Hubbard: http://www.primenet.com/~lippard/bfm/
> Hubbard's "No Christ": http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/rams/Nochrist.ram
> The famous Xenu flyer: http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/flyers/Xemu.html

All,
The correct URL is ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/hk/hkhenson . Notice
the period(.) instead of the slash(/)

-K-

P.S.
Sorry Justin, that's only two dots (unless you count the colon as
two dots!)

--
'There is no Christ' - Hubbard
'There is no Hubbard' - Christ

Check out these sites for the truth about COS:
http://home.sol.no/heldal/CoS/
http://www.factnet.org/Scientology/dianetics.html
*****************XENU*XEMU*KOBRIN*NOTS*******************

Wolf

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

ExScio wrote:

> Wolf writes:

> >You obviously weren't very smart, or ingenious. When I worked at WW I
> >had plenty of smokes, tea, eats, warm clothes and even a nifty little
> >mini Cooper to drive around in.
>
> That's the problem with too many Scientologists - always on
> the lookout for some new scam to con people out of money.
> I knew plenty of people at Saint Hill who filled their pockets
> - at someone else's expense, usually their fellow Scientologists.

How would you know? I didn't describe how I made the money. Just that
working hard seemed to result in having a more comfortable lifestyle.
What a concept huh?

> >> my pay was typically around 10-12 English pounds per
> >> week (about $20-25 per week at the exchange rate then).
> >
> >That's what they were paying me in 67-68. Of course, any halfway bright
> >person could have easily pocketed an extra $200-300 per month. I did.
>
> Is that what you got by going on the dole (welfare) while in
> England? Or did you have some other con going?

You seem to only have two speeds, Attack or Victim. The obvious question
here is: If anyone has more than you, does that mean they're unethical?
That seems to be your attitude.

> >You should have gotten off your butt and
> >generated some extra income.
>
> I worked in a management group whose stats were in POWER
> for most of the time I was there. I moonlighted by working
> evenings/weekends as an auditor. I still got paid barely
> enough to live on, but then I didn't run any con games like
> you obviously did.

Sounds like either your stats were false or you were being screwed by
the org. This would have been pretty easy to deal with for most humans
-> if the stats are lies, stop lying. If you're getting screwed, then go
work for someone who won't screw you. And then there's the 'con game'
missle again. You really aren't overly bright are you?

> >When I came back from the Med in Feb 68' I had a pocket full of small
> >change. Me and a buddy BS'd our way past customs by handing his money
> >back through the wire fencing and within 24 hours of getting back to St.
> >Hill I had $50, a nice heated room, a full belly and some chick from
> >Chicago snuggling up next to me.
>

> Another good example of the really high ethical standards
> of too many Scientologists.

Depends. Being warm and having a pretty lady might be unethical to some
some people. Where I come from it's part of life. As far as sneaking
past customs... hey, we were a bunch of wild teenagers. It was fun,
exciting and it kept me from ending up like you and all the other sad
sacks who slither around in your own self-pity for all the world to see.

> [snipped rest of the insults]
>
> Clearly you are the loser (morally, ethically, and philosophically)

Well sir, you have a right to your opinion. I will state though that if
your definition of ethics, morality and workable philosophy is to
stupidly submit yourself to torurous hours of hard work for a larcenous
organization in a foriegn country where you don't have enough to eat and
then coming home and crying bitterly about how wronged you were in front
of thousands of people from all over the world... well.. you have a
philosophy devoid of self-respect, discipline, responsibility and common
sense. And you're welcome to it.

Wolf

Wolf

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

Apparently ARS's chief victim, the Rev. Dennis spat some more of his
trash talk in my direction. My newsreader failed to pick his article
up... hmmm... this could be a good feature.

Anonymous wrote:

> inf...@newsguy.com (Rev. Dennis Erlich) wrote:

> >Wolf <wolf...@micron.net> wrote:
>
> >>When I worked at WW I
> >>had plenty of smokes, tea, eats, warm clothes and even a nifty little
> >>mini Cooper to drive around in.
> >

> > That's because the predators always got the best of everything in
> >the cult.

> Nope. That's because some people always managed to get around, because
> they were honest, smart and people liked them. Not like you, Dennis.
> You can't even make a buck *now* that you are in the supposed free
> world. Who are you going to blame this time around, Dennis? OSA. Ah,
> yes, I forgot. Good o'l OSA... And who are you going to blame for your
> personal and familial failure? Ah, OSA. Sure. I almost forgot again...
> Damn! The tech really doesn't work.

I'd have to agree with Anon here. Being nice to people and doing a
better job than expected seemed to keep me in tea and biscuits.
Defending your space and demanding you get paid what you're worth is
hardly predatory. But then if your entire life is defined by what others
have done to victimize you, I suppose many things appear threatening.

> > True fact. And it gives a real appreciation for being homeless,
> >friendless, and on the street in a foreign land without a passport,
> >when you finally do decide to leave.

Anyone stupid enough to end up in such a position ought to examine their
own actions and the true extent of their ignorance.

> How long ago did you get your fat ass kicked out the org, Dennis? And
> why are you *still* as so to say homeless, friendless, and all of
> those you touched are in a foreign land as far as possible of your so
> noble person, Dennis? When are you going to reflect on yourself
> instead of getting ever deeper in your bottomless resentment and
> justification?

> >>Being a loser who blames everyone and everything but themselves for
> >>their lack of success is probably a better description of your
> >>Scientology staff experience.
> >

> > What a piece of shit you are, dogboy.

Again we have the typical Erlich response. You really don't play well
with other children do you?

> Why, Dennis? Because it fits you to a T? I understand that it must not
> be pleasant to see yourself in a mirror, but your failure to recognize
> that you are for a great part responsible for your own situation plays
> the leading role.
>
> Time to grow up, Dennis. Not much time before you FOAD. Hurry up.

I suspect this Anon poster is a current Scientologist. If not, he/she is
an ex-Scn like me who doesn't see the world in terms of being victimized
or predator. I have more compassion (not to mention pity) for many
ex-Scn who haven't come to terms with the reality that bad things
happened to them because they didn't prevent them from happening. That
ain't Scn tech, just plain common sense. This ain't a war, no one was
drafted into the SO, no guns were held to any heads, there was no Iron
Curtain to escape across... being a Scn or a SO member was completely
voluntary on the part of all the weak-spined victims that crawl around
on this NG looking for donations and adoration.

Wolf

Steve A

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

On 01 May 1998 21:21:49 GMT, ind...@aol.com (Inducto) wrote:

> From: Wolf <wolf...@micron.net>:
> >When I came back from the Med in Feb 68' I had a pocket full of small
> >change. Me and a buddy BS'd our way past customs by handing his money
> >back through the wire fencing and within 24 hours of getting back to St.
> >Hill I had $50, a nice heated room, a full belly and some chick from
> >Chicago snuggling up next to me.
>

> So your recollection of the good old days on CoS staff is replete with deceit
> and currency illegality?!

Pretty unusual for Scientologists to be bringing money *into* the
country. ISTR some comments about how a great deal of money used to
leave the UK orgs in suitcases, for deposit into offshore bank
accounts.

--
Practicing medicine without a licence? You decide:
"Step Four - Cures for Illness

Steve A, SP4, GGBC, KBM, Unsalvageable PTS/SP #12.
<SARCASM>I am a Scientologist</SARCASM>

Anonymous

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

inf...@newsguy.com (Rev. Dennis Erlich) wrote:

>Wolf <wolf...@micron.net> wrote:

>>When I worked at WW I
>>had plenty of smokes, tea, eats, warm clothes and even a nifty little
>>mini Cooper to drive around in.
>
> That's because the predators always got the best of everything in
>the cult.

Nope. That's because some people always managed to get around, because
they were honest, smart and people liked them. Not like you, Dennis.
You can't even make a buck *now* that you are in the supposed free
world. Who are you going to blame this time around, Dennis? OSA. Ah,
yes, I forgot. Good o'l OSA... And who are you going to blame for your
personal and familial failure? Ah, OSA. Sure. I almost forgot again...
Damn! The tech really doesn't work.

> True fact. And it gives a real appreciation for being homeless,

>friendless, and on the street in a foreign land without a passport,
>when you finally do decide to leave.

How long ago did you get your fat ass kicked out the org, Dennis? And

why are you *still* as so to say homeless, friendless, and all of
those you touched are in a foreign land as far as possible of your so
noble person, Dennis? When are you going to reflect on yourself
instead of getting ever deeper in your bottomless resentment and
justification?

>>Being a loser who blames everyone and everything but themselves for
>>their lack of success is probably a better description of your
>>Scientology staff experience.
>
> What a piece of shit you are, dogboy.

Why, Dennis? Because it fits you to a T? I understand that it must not

Dave Bird---St Hippo of Augustine

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

In article <199805010325...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
WONDERFULR <wonde...@aol.com> writes:
>That is sad. Rumpled shirts make me want to cry.

>>His hair was a bit longish, as though overdue for a haircut.
>
>I only get misty eyed on that, though. Some long hair even makes me happy.

>>Then I noticed what he was purchasing: two very small tomatoes and a
>>small packet of lunch meat
>
>Seeing small tomatoes being purchased can cause even the strong to break down
>in grief.

Ron apparently agreed with you: he said they scream when they are cut,
and refused to have them in his salads. He had great affinity for
tomatoes, possibly feeling a kinship with their fat red roundness.

__ .\|/////..
||_.-' '. /\\|// ----
// ; | -----
--._// .\|/. .==== =====. --- -----------X*E*M*U-----------+
(( //(####) \d]>||<[d]>\ (~\ |
|| v '--'\\ . | \ | ''Auditting your Garden |
|| ; v . {_ \ : \/ Plants'' by L Ron Tubbard |
// .' : .'___' : ' Bridge Publications |
// ; '. ~===~ /\ $949.99 paperback |
// . .... o : /__\'''' / \ |
. \\\\~~~~|~~~~~~~|\\ / /\/,,, further details, ring |
. | .\''. |/''''/.|,,\\ //,,,,,,, 01 800 FOR TRUT |
'.|: O :|[ / ]|,,,,\/,,,,,,,,, |
----------------| '...' |[__O__]|,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, --------------------------+
|_______|_______|,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Keith Henson

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

Franklin A Eldridge (fae...@bellsouth.net) wrote:

Typo.

ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/hk/hkhenson Keith Henson

Anonymous

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

Wolf <wolf...@micron.net> wrote:

>Apparently ARS's chief victim, the Rev. Dennis spat some more of his
>trash talk in my direction. My newsreader failed to pick his article
>up... hmmm... this could be a good feature.

You can safely put Erlich in your killfile, Wolf. He never argues the
issues, but rather paints a primitive, black and white, and highly
dramatized/exaggerated picture of the situation, dealing only with
implicit or explicit belittlement of his "enemies". He really has
nothing of value to say.

>I suspect this Anon poster is a current Scientologist. If not, he/she is
>an ex-Scn like me who doesn't see the world in terms of being victimized
>or predator.

I'll let that to be a guess :-) From time to time there are
sane-thinking ex-members posting to the newsgroup, but they quickly
get bored by the company they keep with here. Soon enough, they end up
defending the COS, simply because the "criticism" to be found in this
newsgroup is just *so* stupid (and always the same).

>I have more compassion (not to mention pity) for many
>ex-Scn who haven't come to terms with the reality that bad things
>happened to them because they didn't prevent them from happening.

A good point. I should rather pity them as well. They are *much* worst
off than ex-members who actually learned something from their
experience, rather than simply reverse their black and white views.
ARS neurotic atmosphere just makes their case worst.

>That
>ain't Scn tech, just plain common sense. This ain't a war, no one was
>drafted into the SO, no guns were held to any heads, there was no Iron
>Curtain to escape across... being a Scn or a SO member was completely
>voluntary on the part of all the weak-spined victims that crawl around
>on this NG looking for donations and adoration.

I agree with you, as usual.

Wolf

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

Anonymous wrote:

> Wolf <wolf...@micron.net> wrote:
>
> >Apparently ARS's chief victim, the Rev. Dennis spat some more of his
> >trash talk in my direction. My newsreader failed to pick his article
> >up... hmmm... this could be a good feature.
>
> You can safely put Erlich in your killfile, Wolf. He never argues the
> issues, but rather paints a primitive, black and white, and highly
> dramatized/exaggerated picture of the situation, dealing only with
> implicit or explicit belittlement of his "enemies". He really has
> nothing of value to say.

Erlich is the classic "bully gone bald". Back in his LA Org days he was
a heavily bearded, stocky creep. His nasty temper and arrogance was
perfect for his and his fellow thug - Russ Meadows - methods of dealing
with people. They used their size, foul tempers and supposed tech
expertise to terrorize and dominate as many as they could. It's amusing
now to see that despite his current pear-shape bulk, shiny dome and lack
of social skills, that he still thinks what worked in grade school will
work in adulthood. I find it humorous that ARS has devolved into
pro-Dennis, anti-Dennis factions, whereas in 94/95 I was roundly
attacked by almost all critics for daring to dispute his value in
reforming Scientology.

He's a sad and pathetic man... and he deserves every bit of misery he
recieves.

> >I suspect this Anon poster is a current Scientologist. If not, he/she is
> >an ex-Scn like me who doesn't see the world in terms of being victimized
> >or predator.
>
> I'll let that to be a guess :-) From time to time there are
> sane-thinking ex-members posting to the newsgroup, but they quickly
> get bored by the company they keep with here. Soon enough, they end up
> defending the COS, simply because the "criticism" to be found in this
> newsgroup is just *so* stupid (and always the same).

Most ARS critics somehow fail to see that they follow almost exactly the
robotic thinking habits they accuse Scn of. Some have taken the time to
apply critical thinking skills to what many ex-Scn whiners say and have
adjusted their assaults on CofS mngmnt. Mostly though I see one idiot
after another parade through here and immediatly fall into the valence
of Erlich and his supporters.

Eventually CofS will change, for the better. But it won't be because of
losers like Erlich or outside critics... it'll be because internal
dynamics (read: income) will bring about the need for change. SO
lifestyles and the 'abuse' of it's members is, IMO, the only weak point
Scn has that outside critics can have an effect on. But following the
*poor me* strategy of Erlich and Co. just makes the whole lot of them
look like a bunch of incompetents... which, now that I think about it,
they probably are.

> I agree with you, as usual.

Great minds think alike. Arrogance is only misplaced if it isn't backed
by insight, intelligence and ability. You obviously possess these
traits... why else would you agree with me?

:~D

Wolf

Pimoty

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

Wolf and anonymous sound an aweful like the same person. Other than insults
they have little reason to add to this newsgroup.

Zinj

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

In article <199805021903...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, pim...@aol.com
says...

>Wolf and anonymous sound an aweful like the same person. Other than insults
>they have little reason to add to this newsgroup.

I think I can tell the difference Pimoty:

Wolf is the arrogant primping peacock of a Brit with social darwinist
pretentions and anonymous is our dingey American with World Wrestling
Federation aspirations (could he be channeling Randy Savage?).

Next!

Zinj

--
Don't forget - Last Rat off the Ship Goes to Jail

Rob Clark

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

On Sat, 02 May 1998 10:41:42 -0600, Wolf <wolf...@micron.net> wrote:

>Anonymous wrote:

>> Wolf <wolf...@micron.net> wrote:

>> >Apparently ARS's chief victim, the Rev. Dennis spat some more of his
>> >trash talk in my direction. My newsreader failed to pick his article
>> >up... hmmm... this could be a good feature.

>> You can safely put Erlich in your killfile, Wolf. He never argues the
>> issues, but rather paints a primitive, black and white, and highly
>> dramatized/exaggerated picture of the situation, dealing only with
>> implicit or explicit belittlement of his "enemies". He really has
>> nothing of value to say.

>Erlich is the classic "bully gone bald". Back in his LA Org days he was
>a heavily bearded, stocky creep. His nasty temper and arrogance was
>perfect for his and his fellow thug - Russ Meadows - methods of dealing
>with people. They used their size, foul tempers and supposed tech

so why did l. ron hubbard pick such a person as his chief cramming officer?
this kind of behavior seems not only to have been tolerated, but indeed was
encouraged and rewarded by increases in rank.

"I was in the shed one day, the wardrobe, working... I hadn't
met Hubbard at this time. And I heard this terrible screaming
filthy language like I had never heard before. I had something
in my hand and it fell to the floor and my mouth flew open.
I said, "Who in the world is that?" And they said it was the
Boss, because we weren't allowed to use the word "Hubbard" for
security reasons. And I said, "You mean the leader of the Church
speaks like that?" And they said, "Yes. He doesn't believe in
keeping anything back."

Bare-Faced Messiah, Russell Miller, p. 250

if erlich was, indeed, as you describe him, then it is fairly easy to see why he
achieved a high rank in scientology.

>expertise to terrorize and dominate as many as they could. It's amusing

by your OWN style of reasoning, those who were "terrorized" and "dominated" by
dennis are just whining victims who couldn't stand up to him.

>now to see that despite his current pear-shape bulk, shiny dome and lack
>of social skills, that he still thinks what worked in grade school will
>work in adulthood. I find it humorous that ARS has devolved into
>pro-Dennis, anti-Dennis factions, whereas in 94/95 I was roundly
>attacked by almost all critics for daring to dispute his value in
>reforming Scientology.

i don't see any pro-dennis or anti-dennis "factions." i could name a few people
who obviously dislike him: bagheera, or steve fishman, or old timer have all
at one point or another attacked dennis on one point or another, but besides
that they don't have anything to do with each other and certainly do not
constitute a "faction."

i think it is those who have built up dennis erlich into an ogre in their own
minds who feel they have to share this vision with the rest of us.

personally, i have always used it as a windsock for someone's general attitude.
the people who show up on the group and immediately start frothing blindly about
how horrible dennis erlich is reveal themselves, mainly, in their contortions.

most of them get over it though. eventually. only a few maintain the same tone
of victimhood in referring to erlich, even years afterward.

rob

Wolf

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

Zinj wrote:

> In article <199805021903...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, pim...@aol.com
> says...
> >
> >Wolf and anonymous sound an aweful like the same person. Other than insults
> >they have little reason to add to this newsgroup.
>
> I think I can tell the difference Pimoty:
>
> Wolf is the arrogant primping peacock of a Brit with social darwinist
> pretentions and anonymous is our dingey American with World Wrestling
> Federation aspirations (could he be channeling Randy Savage?).

Heh, heh... I've never been any less than direct Zinj, so when I see
something posted that is truly ignorant, I don't mind pointing it out.
Your assessment is not even close to being correct.... I'd say about
6,000 miles off the mark. Do continue though... I'm enjoying it.

Wolf

Wolf

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

Pimoty wrote:

> Wolf and anonymous sound an aweful like the same person. Other than insults
> they have little reason to add to this newsgroup.

I suppose attempting to wedge an original thought into a small space is
a problem for many ARS critics P. It does seem to me that you'd much
prefer ARS be a forum for people who all think alike... specifically
like you. If you'd take the time to wipe the froth and spittle from your
lips and do some research you'd find that I have never failed to answer
a critics question and have accepted corrections on what I post when
presented with undeniable, provable evidence. Some critics may not agree
with my answers or descriptions of what life was like for the vast
majority of CofS members, but life's like that eh?

Anyway P, have fun with your hate.

Wolf

silicon_river

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

wgert wrote:

grocery store tale deleted as gert probably doesn't
get out to shop. His pig is really possessive...

KT

rod_fl...@hotmail.com

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

In article <hkhensonE...@netcom.com>#1/1,

hkhe...@netcom.com (Keith Henson) wrote:

> The Momentary Delurker (del...@molly.hh.org) wrote:
>
> snip
>
> : It all seemed very surreal and still does.
>
> : I blew early the next morning. It took me several years to get my
> : head back together and sometimes I'm still not too sure... Thank
> : God I wasn't on staff any longer because I surely would have been
> : sucked in forever.
>
> Delurk, it might help if you dig into memetics, evolutionary psychology
> and how minds are sucked into drug addiction. If you point your browser
> at ftp://ftp/netcom.com/pub/hk/hkhenson and look at the file "all" the
> last of those three articles has a model of where human vulnerabilites to
> cults come from, and how they work.
>
> You would not be nearly as mystified if you came down with some infection
> because we have a fairly good understanding of what causes infections. I
> think a similar understanding of how cults "take advantage" of the
> psychological characteristics wired into human minds over millions of
> years of evolving in tribes and small villages is emerging.
>
> Keith Henson

Wow. Another of Henson's scientific discoveries and just to
be in the lime light of the internet. Rod.

Brent Stone

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

On 2 May 98 20:08:18 GMT, zinj...@inreach.com (Zinj) wrote:

>>Wolf and anonymous sound an aweful like the same person. Other than insults
>>they have little reason to add to this newsgroup.
>

>I think I can tell the difference Pimoty:
>
>Wolf is the arrogant primping peacock of a Brit with social darwinist
>pretentions and anonymous is our dingey American with World Wrestling
>Federation aspirations (could he be channeling Randy Savage?).
>

>Next!
>
>Zinj

I suggest listening to Wolf, he's the best we have of the mindset,
and provides valuable insight. Also, he has valuable ideas of his
own <gasp> that might show different methods of approaching our
favorite criminal cult. Pay attention and look for the similarities
in our positions. They're _very_ important, and the differences are
far less so.

- Brent

Eric S. Smith: Left-Field Marshal

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

In article <6igi21$snc$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
<rod_fl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

[Keith mentioned memes]

>Wow. Another of Henson's scientific discoveries and just to
>be in the lime light of the internet. Rod.

The idea of memes (heh...) has been around for a while -- it's a social
theory thing.

Now, if you want to get excited about somebody who pulls scientific
discoveries out of thin air, I'm sure that Mr. Hubbard will interest you.
He said that taking megadoses of niacin would purge you of future cancer,
for instance.

--Eric Smith

WONDERFULR

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

><HTML><PRE>Subject: Re: very sad
>From: te...@skylink.net (Ted Mayett (KOX))
>Date: Fri, May 1, 1998 04:35 EDT

>>Then I noticed what he was purchasing:
>
>One day doing a picket at the big org, one of the faithful comes out
>the building and takes off walking. 20 minutes and he is back with a
>4 pack of toilet paper. It is a 20 minute walk to the supermarket.
>
>I used to donate toilet paper, coffee, styrofoam cups, plastic garbage
>bags, all kind of things like that. But never a 4 pack. It is just
>not worth my time to stand in line to purchase a 4 pack.
>
>Come on whipper, do a snappy reply to this.

As you asked:

1. It is *ME* (not Whipper) you wanted the snappy reply from! Can't
believe you got us confused, Ted.

2. As you spend so much time picketing and otherwise doing things that
produce so little, it may in fact BE worth your time to stand in line to
purchase a 4 pack.

Happy now? :-)

WONDERFULR

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

><HTML><PRE>Subject: Re: very sad
>From: The Momentary Delurker <del...@molly.hh.org>
>Date: Fri, May 1, 1998 08:12 EDT

>On Fri, 1 May 1998, Keith Henson wrote:
>
>> The Momentary Delurker (del...@molly.hh.org) wrote:
>>

>> : I suddenly saw myself twelve years ago in this young man.
>>
>> : It was a very sad picture.
>>
>> Yeah, never been there myself, but this one brought tears. Next time
>> invite him out for a meal. Keith Henson
>

>I should have. But I'm a coward, afraid of getting anywhere near
>scientology again.

Nothing to fear. You are not even close.

>Twelve years ago I spent my last 50 cents on a hostess fruit pie in
>the store right across from the mission, desperate for enough
>calories to get me through the TRs scheduled to last until 11pm and
>terrified of being late to class, already having done TRs all day.
>
>Several staff members noticed and commented on that fruit pie before
>I ate it in the break room later on. I remember one fellow I didn't
>know recounting his "wins" that day and his was, "I went grocery
>shopping today and even though I didn't have much money I really got
>a lot of food."

That is a nice big win.

>On the way back to the staff house one lady joked, "If you do enough
>TRs you don't need much sleep!"

She sounds like a moron.

>We got to the house and everyone immediately disappeared into their
>rooms. I imagined that they all ate privately in their rooms. I
>was very hungry but afraid to ask anyone.

I am starting to think you may have some fears, Delurk.

>Someone was kind enough to give me an extra blanket that night. It
>was cold. I slept on the living room floor. There was no furniture.

>It all seemed very surreal and still does.

Right out of Kafka.

>I blew early the next morning. It took me several years to get my
>head back together and sometimes I'm still not too sure... Thank
>God I wasn't on staff any longer because I surely would have been
>sucked in forever.

Don't think so. You were and are in fear. Making decisions (of any type) is a
problem.

>Delurk

You have my permission to speak to Scientologists and not rush into a mission
or an org. It is okay. You can even do it here if you like.

WONDERFULR

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

><HTML><PRE>Subject: Re: very sad
>From: The Momentary Delurker <del...@molly.hh.org>
>Date: Fri, May 1, 1998 08:59 EDT
>

>On 1 May 1998, WONDERFULR wrote:
>
>> Were you really into small tomatoes and lunch meat 12 years ago?
>
>Thanks for the flamage.
>
>You know, the one thing that is generally asked of us as human
>beings is to try to treat one another decently.

I agree.

>You really ought to make a point of trying it once during your
>lifetime.

How would you like me to treat you better?

>It will probably make you feel better than all that auditing does.
>Cheaper too.

Help is the basis of *all* association. So I agree with your statement.

>Cheers,
>Delurk

Take care,

Russell

The Momentary Delurker

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

On 3 May 1998, WONDERFULR wrote:

(pardon my unconventional quoting style, I've really chopped this
post... Delurk)

WONDERFULR wrote:
> Help is the basis of *all* association. So I agree with your statement.
>

> Take care,
>
> Russell

Look Russell, there are some pretty simple principles here. "How
would you like me to treat you better?" This is Usenet, you don't
need to treat me at all... other than engaging in discourse. (Which
you now have, and I respect that)

I snipped all of your flamage before, so I can't really response
to any of that at this time. I can respond to the stuff in this post
however.

> Help is the basis of *all* association. So I agree with your
statement.

I've read a lot of Flubbooks. "Help is the basis of *all*
association" is not something I remember, perhaps it is buried
somewhere in "Axioms and Logics." My personal failure is that
I have not gone out to feed hungry scientologists.

I'm a coward, freely admitted. scientology screwed up my head
for a number of years and I'm afraid to get anywhere near it
PT because if I was so susceptible once I damned well better
watch my ass now.

I've watched this "Re: very sad" thread degenerate into the
typical ARS noise. Note that this isn't bad, the background
noise is what is really valuable here, it's what gives the
typical lurker an understanding of what the real issues really
are.

> I agree.

OK, to address your first ARC. "treat one another decently"
This really is the most important thing in the world. In one
paraphrase or another it does seem to me that it is the prime
directive for human beings.

My best regards,

Cheers,
Delurk

Zinj

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.980503...@molly.hh.org>,
del...@molly.hh.org says...
My first inclination was to chop stuff off here before I started to write.

My second is to say.. no.. I don't want it out of context.

Russ, despite his totally innapriate and libelous page is not a person who is
not talkable to.

The only reason that that page is still up is because the critics who are
being attacked don't have the money that the so called Church has.

For a scientologist who's ultimnate goal is 'Survivival' that is enough.
Just rememember that when you hear a Scientologist speak of 'ethics'

This means you Russ.

There is somnething rotten in the state of 'Clear'

© Anti-Cult ®

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

On 03 May 1998 08:26:30 GMT.
wonde...@aol.com (WONDERFULR).
From: AOL http://www.aol.com.
Wrote on the subject: Re: very sad:

>><HTML><PRE>Subject: Re: very sad
>>From: The Momentary Delurker <del...@molly.hh.org>

Shame on you WonderAss. No compassion whatsoever. Look here folks, see
what the criminal cult does to a person.

May you burn in hell WonderAss, together with your insane cult founder.
You're truly an ugly example of a braiwashed scientologist. I spit in
your general direction. Spit, spit, spit.

Finally the truth from a Scientologist:

Everyone knows that in Scientology no one worships a God or God,
no one prays or engages in religious ritual in that sense.

"miKe" <Darkne...@msn.com>

wgert

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

On Sat, 2 May 1998 05:10:55 GMT, hkhe...@netcom.com (Keith Henson)
wrote:

>Franklin A Eldridge (fae...@bellsouth.net) wrote:
>: Keith Henson wrote:
>: >
>: <snipped>
>: >

>: > Delurk, it might help if you dig into memetics, evolutionary psychology

>: > and how minds are sucked into drug addiction. If you point your browser
>: > at ftp://ftp/netcom.com/pub/hk/hkhenson and look at the file "all" the
>: > last of those three articles has a model of where human vulnerabilites to
>: > cults come from, and how they work.
>

>: > Keith Henson
>: hey, Keith, I tried clicking on your URL, but I got a message that the
>: file is unobtainable...typo, or just (my) clutz-ism?
>
>Typo.
>
>ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/hk/hkhenson Keith Henson

Tzz. Getting old and making mistakes.

A better website is anyway at:

http://dancris.com/~rshaw

wgert

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

On Fri, 01 May 1998 18:32:45 -0700, Garry Scarff
<sca...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>wgert wrote:
>>
>> In buying some groceries in a little grocery store I noticed a fellow

>> behind me. Medium height, thin and wearing a rather rumpled shirt, tie

>> and slacks. His hair was a bit longish, as though overdue for a
>> haircut. The tie had ketchup blops all over. Shirt and tie is rather

>> unusual attire for the area and since I was wearing a light jacket
>> because it was a cool evening I thought he must not have walked very
>> far.
>>

>> Then I noticed what he was purchasing: two very small tomatoes and

>> a small packet of lunch meat, enough to make a sandwich or two in a

>> pinch, perhaps a dollar and a half purchase at best.
>>

>> I realized then that he was in all likelyhood one of the critics from
>> the net, probably a low level arscc member. whom I knew from
>> experience that poverty was epidemic among low level posters
>> around there; resources entirely sucked up by child support
>> payments, court costs, tax payments.

>> It was a very sad picture.
>>

>> I wish I could have done something for him to change his hateful
>> attitude.
>>
>> wgert
>
>You will, wgert. What you saw in your vision was Dennis Erlich, a
>penniless transient after losing his public benefits when the government
>finds they'd been lied to and manipulated. Keep those coins handy,
>wgert.

That wasn't a vision - that was for real. But I had no clue that was
poor Dennis. My oh my.

wgert

David Gerard

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

On 1 May 1998 10:16:56 -0700, mar...@islandnet.com (Martin Hunt) wrote:

:A lot of staffers go hungry. I have a proposal: a volunteer food
:truck to visit Cedars and give away sandwiches and drinks. I bet
:it wouldn't be hard to get hungry people to line up for a bite
:right outside the complex.

They won't dare take the food, of course. But it will help them make the
decision to blow.

--
http://thingy.apana.org.au/~fun/ AGSF Unit 0|4 http://suburbia.net/~fun/
Stop JUNK EMAIL Boycott AMAZON.COM http://mickc.home.mindspring.com/index1.htm

Keith Henson

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

wgert (wg...@loop.com) wrote:
: On Sat, 2 May 1998 05:10:55 GMT, hkhe...@netcom.com (Keith Henson)
: wrote:

snip

: >Typo.

: >
: >ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/hk/hkhenson Keith Henson
: >
: Tzz. Getting old and making mistakes.

: A better website is anyway at:

: http://dancris.com/~rshaw

Read them both, and don't forget that wgert mentioned that he had found
references to me being a gay porn star. Keith Henson

Ted Mayett (KOX)

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

On 03 May 1998 08:18:02 GMT, wonde...@aol.com (WONDERFULR) wrote:

>2. As you spend so much time picketing and otherwise doing things that
>produce so little, it may in fact BE worth your time to stand in line to
>purchase a 4 pack.
>
>Happy now? :-)

Good enough.

--
Ted Mayett OT 1.1
http://xenu.phys.uit.no/cgi-bin/globloc.cgi

Captain Nerd

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

In article <354c82d9...@news.loop.com>, wgert <wg...@loop.com> wrote:
>On Sat, 2 May 1998 05:10:55 GMT, hkhe...@netcom.com (Keith Henson)
>wrote:
>
>>Franklin A Eldridge (fae...@bellsouth.net) wrote:
>>: Keith Henson wrote:
>>: >
>>: <snipped>
>>: >
>>: > Delurk, it might help if you dig into memetics, evolutionary psychology
>>: > and how minds are sucked into drug addiction. If you point your browser
>>: > at ftp://ftp/netcom.com/pub/hk/hkhenson and look at the file "all" the
>>: > last of those three articles has a model of where human vulnerabilites to
>>: > cults come from, and how they work.
>>
>>: > Keith Henson
>>: hey, Keith, I tried clicking on your URL, but I got a message that the
>>: file is unobtainable...typo, or just (my) clutz-ism?
>>
>>Typo.
>>
>>ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/hk/hkhenson Keith Henson
>>
>Tzz. Getting old and making mistakes.
>
>A better website is anyway at:
>
>http://dancris.com/~rshaw

Wow! Now this is an interesting wgert! Notice the "Tzz." Is
this some kind of expletive? Or perhaps a sound effect word
(I can't remember how to spell onomatopoea 8-), in some other
language? It's almost like he's trying to do a buzzer, like
the "Bzzt" or "Bzzz" sound, but is rendering it in something
other than English, and the translator left it alone. Notice
the word order in the next line: "A better website is anyway at:"
Definitely not North American or British English word order!
Meine Deutsche ist *sehr* shlecht 8-) but even I can recognize
German word order. Interesting that it's showing up as a
reply to a Keith Henson post. Maybe I was premature in
thinking there were wgerts with assigned critics. Or maybe
they're switching off with each other for some reason?
The "Deutsche" wgert usually posts with the reply *before*
the quoted text, too. Maybe they switched news software, as
well? Perhaps a different computer?

Okay, wgerts, I was wrong, you *can* tell a lot from a short
post!

Cap.

= Mail: cpt...@acces.digex.net Web: http://www.access.digex.net/~cptnerd =
= "By the taping of my glasses, something geeky this way passes" =

Garry Scarff

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

David Gerard wrote:

> On 1 May 1998 10:16:56 -0700, mar...@islandnet.com (Martin Hunt) wrote:
>
> :A lot of staffers go hungry. I have a proposal: a volunteer food
> :truck to visit Cedars and give away sandwiches and drinks. I bet
> :it wouldn't be hard to get hungry people to line up for a bite
> :right outside the complex.
>
> They won't dare take the food, of course. But it will help them make the
> decision to blow.

Blow who?

Xenu Mania

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

They would take it if a token amount were charged, 25 or 30 cents. One of
the many ways to get a Scientologist indentured servant to blow is to give
him/her an ice cream sundae. Scientology need never be mentioned. They
can make the connection themselves easy enough. :-)

Joe Cisar

reply to: iy...@cleveland.freenet.edu
German Scientology News - http://cisar.org

Two Lies: Billion Year Contract, "Freeloader's Debt"

Martin Hunt

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

In article <35599ae6...@thingy.apana.org.au>,
f...@thingy.apana.org.au (David Gerard) wrote:

>On 1 May 1998 10:16:56 -0700, mar...@islandnet.com (Martin Hunt) wrote:
>
>:A lot of staffers go hungry. I have a proposal: a volunteer food
>:truck to visit Cedars and give away sandwiches and drinks. I bet
>:it wouldn't be hard to get hungry people to line up for a bite
>:right outside the complex.
>
>They won't dare take the food, of course. But it will help them make the
>decision to blow.

They might; a food truck pays regular visits to the complex, parking
just in front of the ASHO steps. If one were to show up at lunchtime
and the prices were free, well...

Public and a few staffers who had money before joining Scn and
still have a bit left or who have family who send them money buy
stuff from the truck, as well as the canteen close to the cafeteria
or the little store across the street from one of the wings.

The cruel fact is that many people in the complex go hungry despite
the food all around them; it's torture for them to see it all,
and go without due to abject poverty or "ethics conditions", ie,
punishment. Even the US penal system doesn't punish via starvation.
The only places that do that outside of the Scientology cult are
3rd world jailhouses and, possibly, some remaining POW camps. Can
anyone say cruel and unusual punishment?

--
Cogito, ergo sum. http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~av282/
"In South Africa, a Bantu's withholds read not on the needle alone
but on the Tone Arm as well. The Tone Arm goes up as much as two
divisions (3 to 5) just before you get off a bad withhold on one."
- L. Ron Hubbard, E-Meter Essentials, page 23.

David Gerard

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

On Mon, 4 May 1998 07:32:11 -0400, Xenu Mania <fi...@address.in.sigfile>
wrote:

:On Sun, 3 May 1998, David Gerard wrote:
:> On 1 May 1998 10:16:56 -0700, mar...@islandnet.com (Martin Hunt) wrote:

:> :A lot of staffers go hungry. I have a proposal: a volunteer food
:> :truck to visit Cedars and give away sandwiches and drinks. I bet
:> :it wouldn't be hard to get hungry people to line up for a bite
:> :right outside the complex.

:> They won't dare take the food, of course. But it will help them make the
:> decision to blow.

:They would take it if a token amount were charged, 25 or 30 cents.

Of course - principle of exchange! Brilliant!

But would they accept food from a bunch of SPs, even for money?

: One of

:the many ways to get a Scientologist indentured servant to blow is to give
:him/her an ice cream sundae. Scientology need never be mentioned. They
:can make the connection themselves easy enough. :-)

Could someone please field-test one of these ideas?

"God, you have pissed me off to the point where I really wanna cut off your
face and bitch slap your skull." - Individuation

Baba ROM DOS

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

Martin Hunt wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.980501...@molly.hh.org>,
> The Momentary Delurker <del...@molly.hh.org> wrote:
>
> >I don't like seeing people go hungry. Hopefully I was mistaken and
> >that wasn't the case at all with this fellow. It just brought back a
> >lot of my own experiences when I was "on staff."

> A lot of staffers go hungry. I have a proposal: a volunteer food
> truck to visit Cedars and give away sandwiches and drinks. I bet
> it wouldn't be hard to get hungry people to line up for a bite
> right outside the complex.

This is not the first time I have seen this proposed in the
newsgroup. It's an excellent, excellent idea. If the objective
is to immunize the public, pickets and Xenu flyers seem to be
pretty effective. But they can at the same time create a
bunker mentality that will only increase the control exercised
by the "Church" over staff. Being unconditionally nice to
them would (a) be humanitarian, and (b) undermine the "Church"'s
control system. I don't live close enought to an org to be
able to do much in person (and besides, I don't exist), but
I would certainly pledge $50 toward a Food for Staff project
in LA, and send more money later if it was well done the
first time out. A few thoughts on such a program:

1) While I'm not exactly advocating "love bombing", it should
be remembered that this is a humanitarian exercise. High
profile, combattive critics ought not to be present. Don't
harangue staff or force leaflets on them. Be nice. Be
sympathetic. At most, ask them if they often go hungry,
and ask them why.

2) On the other hand, be very clear with every "customer"
who asks why we are doing this: because we think they
are being abused by "Church" policy and management,
because a hungry person cannot "think for himself".

3) One to a customer. Do not let management become an
intermediary.

4) It would be best done as a periodic thing, not just a
one-off. Pick a rhythm that would be sustainable with
the funds and vounteer time available, say once a month,
and stick to it for at least a while. Get them conditioned
to look forward to the visit of Xenu's Roach Coach.

Scott A. McClare

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

David Gerard (f...@thingy.apana.org.au) writes:

> But would they accept food from a bunch of SPs, even for money?

Who's gonna tell them? If you're too recognizable yourself around the
org, find one of your friends who's willing to do this.

Something to keep in mind is that giving away free food, no strings
attached, is often regarded with suspicion. The InterVarsity Christian
Fellowship chapter at the U. of Waterloo gave away free hot chocolate
outside the library one cold day last winter, just for fun and to be nice.
They got all sorts of questions.

Scott
--
Scott A. McClare SP4 GGBC#42 "I see you now and then in dreams
cj...@freenet.carleton.ca Your voice sounds just like it used to

Garry Scarff

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

Martin Hunt wrote:

> In article <35599ae6...@thingy.apana.org.au>,
> f...@thingy.apana.org.au (David Gerard) wrote:
>
> >On 1 May 1998 10:16:56 -0700, mar...@islandnet.com (Martin Hunt) wrote:
> >
> >:A lot of staffers go hungry. I have a proposal: a volunteer food

> >:truck to visit Cedars and give away sandwiches and drinks. I bet
> >:it wouldn't be hard to get hungry people to line up for a bite
> >:right outside the complex.
> >
> >They won't dare take the food, of course. But it will help them make the
> >decision to blow.
>
> They might; a food truck pays regular visits to the complex, parking
> just in front of the ASHO steps. If one were to show up at lunchtime
> and the prices were free, well...
>
> Public and a few staffers who had money before joining Scn and
> still have a bit left or who have family who send them money buy
> stuff from the truck, as well as the canteen close to the cafeteria
> or the little store across the street from one of the wings.
>
> The cruel fact is that many people in the complex go hungry despite
> the food all around them; it's torture for them to see it all,
> and go without due to abject poverty or "ethics conditions", ie,
> punishment. Even the US penal system doesn't punish via starvation.
> The only places that do that outside of the Scientology cult are
> 3rd world jailhouses and, possibly, some remaining POW camps. Can
> anyone say cruel and unusual punishment?

Martin Hunt is a liar! His hate of Scientology and it's adherents is so
much that he is compelled to lie and misrepresent himself just get
another insult in to Scientology. ASHO has a large cafeteria in it's
basement which staff members share their meals and often take their
breaks in. While working at ASHO, I took my breaks and had my meals in
the cafeteria, except for the occasional run to the grocery across the
street for Roses, a small restaurant 2 blocks away on Fountain. Staff
members at ASHO are not starved. It's sickening to see someone so
beloved on ARS is also supported in his deliberate lies to make a point.

Dave Bird---St Hippo of Augustine

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

In article <6ij9u8$q...@access4.digex.net>,
Captain Nerd <cpt...@access4.digex.net> writes:
>>>Typo.
>>>
>>>ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/hk/hkhenson Keith Henson
>>>
>>Tzz. Getting old and making mistakes.
>>
>>A better website is anyway at:
>>
>>http://dancris.com/~rshaw
>>

> Wow! Now this is an interesting wgert! Notice the "Tzz." Is
> this some kind of expletive? Or perhaps a sound effect word
> (I can't remember how to spell onomatopoea 8-),

Nah: this is Lee Chang on the WGert account again. Think of it as
a little intake of breath and a long hiss: Tssssssssss..... .
A very Chinese or Korean manner of expression. Also notice he is
fairly arbitrary putting things into the roman alphabet, the
distinction between as S and a Z---Sun Tsu or Sun Tzu?---being
one that somewhat escapes him.

|~/ |~/
~~|;'^';-._.-;'^';-._.-;'^';-._.-;'^';-._.-;||';-._.-;'^';||_.-;'^'0-|~~
P | Woof Woof, Glug Glug ||____________|| 0 | P
O | Who Drowned the Judge's Dog? | . . . . . . . '----. 0 | O
O | answers on *---|_______________ @__o0 | O
L |{a href="news:alt.religion.scientology"}{/a}_____________|/_______| L
and{a href="http://www.xemu.demon.co.uk/clam/lynx/q0.html"}{/a}XemuSP4(:)

wgert

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

Yes, I had pointed out that there is a Keith Henson who is a porn
star. I did not however make the statement that it *is* you. So don't
now try and put words into my mouth.

You are really quite desperate to elevate your status here, Keith,
which is currently at an all time low. And people usually recognize
a loser rather fast.

wgert

On Sun, 3 May 1998 17:33:35 GMT, hkhe...@netcom.com (Keith Henson)

wgert

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

Hey Nerd. Very good sofar.

The name "Gertner" should give you some clues too. But that's too
obvious and easy, right?!

NB and BWT:Your comments about me are slightly off topic. According
to Nording or Nurding or some such name (must be your cousin) it is
the content of the postings which matters not the poster.

wgert :-)

On 3 May 1998 22:42:16 -0400, cpt...@access4.digex.net (Captain Nerd)
wrote:

>In article <354c82d9...@news.loop.com>, wgert <wg...@loop.com> wrote:

>>On Sat, 2 May 1998 05:10:55 GMT, hkhe...@netcom.com (Keith Henson)
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Franklin A Eldridge (fae...@bellsouth.net) wrote:
>>>: Keith Henson wrote:
>>>: >
>>>: <snipped>
>>>: >
>>>: > Delurk, it might help if you dig into memetics, evolutionary psychology
>>>: > and how minds are sucked into drug addiction. If you point your browser
>>>: > at ftp://ftp/netcom.com/pub/hk/hkhenson and look at the file "all" the
>>>: > last of those three articles has a model of where human vulnerabilites to
>>>: > cults come from, and how they work.
>>>
>>>: > Keith Henson
>>>: hey, Keith, I tried clicking on your URL, but I got a message that the
>>>: file is unobtainable...typo, or just (my) clutz-ism?

Captain Nerd

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

In article <sMevt$AS4ZT...@xemu.demon.co.uk>,

Dave Bird---St Hippo of Augustine <ne...@xemu.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>>Tzz. Getting old and making mistakes.
>>>
>>>A better website is anyway at:
>>>
>>>http://dancris.com/~rshaw
>>>

>> Wow! Now this is an interesting wgert! Notice the "Tzz." Is
>> this some kind of expletive? Or perhaps a sound effect word
>> (I can't remember how to spell onomatopoea 8-),
>
> Nah: this is Lee Chang on the WGert account again. Think of it as
> a little intake of breath and a long hiss: Tssssssssss..... .
> A very Chinese or Korean manner of expression. Also notice he is
> fairly arbitrary putting things into the roman alphabet, the
> distinction between as S and a Z---Sun Tsu or Sun Tzu?---being
> one that somewhat escapes him.

Okay, I can see that, thanks, Dave! The furthest east, language-
wise I ever got was two semesters of Russian in college, of
which "Ya nee znayou neechevo!"

Does this wgert look like an ESL (English as Second Language)
speaker? I'm not familiar with Asian language word order, if
such a thing is important.

So, we've got an Asian wgert, possibly a German wgert, and
a couple of North American/English wgerts, one who posts
occasionally as "Rod Fletcher," and one who writes up the
"justin" posts. I wonder how long their shifts are?

chochi

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

what about those histories about eating remainings of rice and a little
water? Please Tell us ;o)
Xenu bring Food too!!!
--
chochi
Kox

Gregg Hagglund

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

In article <354e48c9...@news.loop.com>, wg...@loop.com (wgert) wrote:

>Yes, I had pointed out that there is a Keith Henson who is a porn
>star. I did not however make the statement that it *is* you. So don't
>now try and put words into my mouth.
>
>You are really quite desperate to elevate your status here, Keith,
>which is currently at an all time low. And people usually recognize
>a loser rather fast.
>
>wgert

I do wish you would get your punctuation correctly.

That should have read:"And people usually recognize
a loser rather fast: wgert."

<<<oo{ At Constant Cause Over the toronto org.}oo>>>
oo>>>{ And sentenced to Death for this SP Act. }<<<oo

["You know, people die if they criticize scientology -
I should take care if I were you."
-Marcus Nyman, OSA (former GO), $cio-org, Stockholm, Sweden.]

Gregg Hagglund SP5
http://www.cgocable.net/~elrond
--
" I'm sure it's obvious to all who read my stuff, that I have
serious problems when it comes to being able to communicate."

Download the latest Xemu Flyer:
http://www.cgocable.net/~elrond/2-1ZipArch.html

rod_fl...@hotmail.com

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

In article <hQOT1Mdl...@islandnet.com>#1/1,
mar...@islandnet.com (Martin Hunt) wrote:

snip

Did you manage to find a job? I heard you were looking for one.
I hope you have money to feed your child. Rod.

Garry Scarff

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98
to cho...@moon.inf.uji.es

His post refers to a particular locale. Put on your reading glasses and
get a clue, chochi!

David VanHorn

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

>> able to do much in person (and besides, I don't exist), but
>> I would certainly pledge $50 toward a Food for Staff project
>

>i will pledge $100.00 for it. i spent many days on .50 packages of cookies
>while in the
>SO because we got no pay for weeks. if someone had offered me a sandwich i
>would
>have taken it.

I saw in another post that either the justin-entity or the wgert unit outed
Tilman as (In addition to leading the KOX)
being also the head of the Knights of Pupu! (To those of you not well
versed in Hawaiian, Pupu is snack food, ie: Brah, you like some pupus?)

Tilman can lead the charge on this one, as for KOX, I didn't know we had a
plan, much less a leader! :)

Congrats Tilman, Leader of the K of SnackFood is a critically important
post!

Martin Hunt

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

In article <354DEE...@mindspring.com>,
Garry Scarff <sca...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Martin Hunt is a liar! His hate of Scientology and it's adherents is so
>much that he is compelled to lie and misrepresent himself just get
>another insult in to Scientology. ASHO has a large cafeteria

You have proven yourself to be a liar once again, Scarff. I've
discussed the Cedars cafeteria (not in ASHO per se, btw) here many
times, including the rice-and-bean diets of a lot of the starving
people eating in it.

Garry Scarff

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

Martin Hunt wrote:

> In article <354DEE...@mindspring.com>,
> Garry Scarff <sca...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >Martin Hunt is a liar! His hate of Scientology and it's adherents is so
> >much that he is compelled to lie and misrepresent himself just get
> >another insult in to Scientology. ASHO has a large cafeteria
>
> You have proven yourself to be a liar once again, Scarff. I've
> discussed the Cedars cafeteria (not in ASHO per se, btw) here many
> times, including the rice-and-bean diets of a lot of the starving
> people eating in it.

Consult with a nutritionist, liar! One doesn't starve on rice and
beans. What an idiot!

The Momentary Delurker

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

On 4 May 1998, Captain Nerd wrote:

> So, we've got an Asian wgert, possibly a German wgert, and
> a couple of North American/English wgerts, one who posts
> occasionally as "Rod Fletcher," and one who writes up the
> "justin" posts. I wonder how long their shifts are?

I wonder if they are hungry?

Anonymous

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

Baba ROM DOS wrote:

> Martin Hunt wrote:
> >

> able to do much in person (and besides, I don't exist), but
> I would certainly pledge $50 toward a Food for Staff project

i will pledge $100.00 for it. i spent many days on .50 cookies while in the
SO because we got no pay. if someone had offered me a sandwich i would
have taken it.

ex-SO

StveJ

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

Ex SO said:
>i spent many days on .50 cookies while in the
>SO because we got no pay.
You got cookies?!?!
We would have died for cookies.
All we got was the smell of cookies from people like you who
opened their cookies several miles away.
steve

Anonymous

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

Baba ROM DOS wrote:

> Martin Hunt wrote:
> >

> able to do much in person (and besides, I don't exist), but
> I would certainly pledge $50 toward a Food for Staff project

i will pledge $100.00 for it. i spent many days on .50 packages of cookies
while in the
SO because we got no pay for weeks. if someone had offered me a sandwich i

ExScio

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

Wolf tries to change into sheep's clothing....

If you're going to attack people on the premise that they
are acting as victims, telling people about the scams you
used to not be one isn't going to convince many people.

<<<<< ExScio (with the emphasis on EX) - St. Louis area SP >>>>>

Anonymous

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

StveJ wrote:

> You got cookies?!?!
> We would have died for cookies.
> All we got was the smell of cookies from people like you who
> opened their cookies several miles away.

.50 packages, about 25 cookies. i let a few go to anyone that asked.
not nutritional, but weight felt good in stomach.
ex-SO

Deana Holmes

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

On Mon, 04 May 1998 21:35:03 -0600, rod_fl...@hotmail.com wrote:

>In article <hQOT1Mdl...@islandnet.com>#1/1,
> mar...@islandnet.com (Martin Hunt) wrote:
>
>snip
>
>Did you manage to find a job? I heard you were looking for one.
>I hope you have money to feed your child. Rod.

You are a sick and twisted person, "Rod."

But then again, Scientology taught you that, right?

Deana

mir...@xmission.com
====================
Our unanimous affirmance of the Court of Appeals' judgment concerning
16-1-20.2 makes it unnecessary to comment at length on the District
Court's remarkable conclusion that the Federal Constitution imposes no
obstacle to Alabama's establishment of a state religion.
========================
Wallace V. Jaffree, 472 U.S. 38 (1985)

Wolf

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

I hate to say this, but Scarff (despite his contemptible nature) has
been accurate all through this thread. Starving SO? Never happened. SO
without steak and chicken? Happened all the time. Big deal. If you're
going to attack the SO, which is fine by me, there are so many good
things to go after, why lie about starvation?

BTW, rice&beans is not only nutritious, but it's the mainstay of
millions of tribe members in Africa who rarely get sick, have boundless
energy and have an almost non-existant rate of colon cancer. Another
good side effect is you'll lose weight if you make it a major part of
your diet, which is probably why most ARS picketeers look like small
dirigables and most SO members look trim and healthy. The best side
effect though of a rice&bean diet is it keeps your 'shite' from
stinking. Which, of course, is one of my major assets.

But hey Martin, keep going on those starving SO member stories... I love
to laugh and that is some real funny stuff.

Wolf

Garry Scarff

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98
to wolf...@micron.net

Contemptible nature?? Now that is some real funny stuff. Thanks for the
2nd and THE TRUTH!!

StveJ

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

ex-SO brags;

>i let a few go to anyone that asked.
You let a few go?
Every fart I had needed to be saved to power the gas driven
electric fence and german shepard patrol with the jack-booted
Uzi-tooting guards.
No wonder you left. There was no dicipline. You were a wuss.
SteveJ

WONDERFULR

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

>Subject: Re: very sad
>From: The Momentary Delurker <del...@molly.hh.org>
>Date: Sun, May 3, 1998 06:35 EDT
>

>On 3 May 1998, WONDERFULR wrote:
>
>(pardon my unconventional quoting style, I've really chopped this
>post... Delurk)

>Delurk wrote:
>> >Thanks for the flamage.
>> >
>> >You know, the one thing that is generally asked of us as human
>> >beings is to try to treat one another decently.
>
>WONDERFULR wrote:
>> I agree.
>
>Delurk wrote:
>> >You really ought to make a point of trying it once during your
>> >lifetime.
>
>WONDERFULR wrote:
>> How would you like me to treat you better?
>
>Delurk wrote:
>> >It will probably make you feel better than all that auditing does.
>> >Cheaper too.
>
>WONDERFULR wrote:
>> Help is the basis of *all* association. So I agree with your statement.
>>
>> Take care,
>>
>> Russell
>

>Look Russell, there are some pretty simple principles here. "How
>would you like me to treat you better?" This is Usenet, you don't
>need to treat me at all... other than engaging in discourse. (Which
>you now have, and I respect that)

Even more to come.

>I snipped all of your flamage before, so I can't really response
>to any of that at this time. I can respond to the stuff in this post
>however.
>
>> Help is the basis of *all* association. So I agree with your
>statement.
>
>I've read a lot of Flubbooks. "Help is the basis of *all*
>association" is not something I remember, perhaps it is buried
>somewhere in "Axioms and Logics." My personal failure is that
>I have not gone out to feed hungry scientologists.

Help is the basis of all association.

You can find this in the level two tapes and also the videos of LRH (6
lectures) from the D.C Congress at the Shoreham Hotel.

But it isn't a difficult concept to grasp. HELP.

Work out the various flows and vectors of help (being helped, helping another,
others - others helping others, etc.

You can see that one is or is not "helping". The things one thinks of as
having done "wrong" are the FAILURES TO HELP.

>OK, to address your first ARC. "treat one another decently"
>This really is the most important thing in the world. In one
>paraphrase or another it does seem to me that it is the prime
>directive for human beings.

It sure would seem to be one of them, yes.

>My best regards,
>

>Cheers,
>Delurk

Same,

Russell

WONDERFULR

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

>Subject: Re: very sad
>From: The.Galacti...@ThePentagon.com (© Anti-Cult ®)
>Date: Sun, May 3, 1998 09:04 EDT
>

>Shame on you WonderAss. No compassion whatsoever. Look here folks, see
>what the criminal cult does to a person.

LOOK! LOOK! Have a gander. Check me out.

>May you burn in hell WonderAss,

You really think there ~is~ one for me (or anyone else) to burn in?

>You're truly an ugly example of a braiwashed scientologist. I spit in
>your general direction. Spit, spit, spit.

So lucky for me that you so far away then, huh?

WONDERFULR

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

>Subject: Re: very sad: hungry scientologists
>From: f...@thingy.apana.org.au (David Gerard)
>Date: Sun, May 3, 1998 12:27 EDT

>On 1 May 1998 10:16:56 -0700, mar...@islandnet.com (Martin Hunt) wrote:
>
>:A lot of staffers go hungry. I have a proposal: a volunteer food
>:truck to visit Cedars and give away sandwiches and drinks.

If you are really going to do this (and want it to be successful) you may want
to include fresh fruit (melon in season) and some hot dishes like lasagna, etc.

If your Free Snack Truck just shows up each time with sandwiches, they will be
eaten, but the staff are not going to think much of your creativity - if all
they get are lunch meat type sandwiches.

> I bet
>:it wouldn't be hard to get hungry people to line up for a bite
>:right outside the complex.

I agree. And if you've got the money to finance this (hell, get Minton to pay
for it) I can deliver the hungry people. Especially at the complex.

>They won't dare take the food, of course. But it will help them make the
>decision to blow.

Wrong on both counts. They will take the food (if it is good food) and will
not blow.

Baba ROM DOS

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

Anonymous wrote:

> Baba ROM DOS wrote:
>
> > Martin Hunt wrote:
> > >

> > able to do much in person (and besides, I don't exist), but
> > I would certainly pledge $50 toward a Food for Staff project
>
> i will pledge $100.00 for it. i spent many days on .50 cookies
> while in the SO because we got no pay. if someone had offered
> me a sandwich i would have taken it.
>
> ex-SO

That's $150.00 pledged so far, which will buy at least a couple
bags of Big Macs. But we need at least one volunteer "on the
ground" in LA to actually conduct this mission of mercy.

WONDERFULR

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

><HTML><PRE>Subject: Re: very sad: hungry scientologists
>From: Garry Scarff <sca...@mindspring.com>
>Date: Mon, May 4, 1998 02:52 EDT

>David Gerard wrote:
>>
>> On 1 May 1998 10:16:56 -0700, mar...@islandnet.com (Martin Hunt) wrote:
>>
>> :A lot of staffers go hungry. I have a proposal: a volunteer food
>> :truck to visit Cedars and give away sandwiches and drinks. I bet

>> :it wouldn't be hard to get hungry people to line up for a bite
>> :right outside the complex.
>>
>> They won't dare take the food, of course. But it will help them make the
>> decision to blow.
>
>Blow who?

Don't get too excited, Gary. This is about ~FOOD~. :-)

Roland

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

WONDERFULR wrote:

> >Subject: Re: very sad: hungry scientologists
> >From: f...@thingy.apana.org.au (David Gerard)
> >Date: Sun, May 3, 1998 12:27 EDT
> >
> >On 1 May 1998 10:16:56 -0700, mar...@islandnet.com (Martin Hunt) wrote:
> >
> >:A lot of staffers go hungry. I have a proposal: a volunteer food
> >:truck to visit Cedars and give away sandwiches and drinks.
>
> If you are really going to do this (and want it to be successful) you may want
> to include fresh fruit (melon in season) and some hot dishes like lasagna, etc.
>
> If your Free Snack Truck just shows up each time with sandwiches, they will be
> eaten, but the staff are not going to think much of your creativity - if all
> they get are lunch meat type sandwiches.

We get Spam from the Co$......

<snort!>

Roland
--
Watch the Xemu Cartoon: http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/xemurams/
Visit Xemu's Home Page: http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/index2.html
Also the incomparable Operation Clambake: http://www.xenu.net/
The TRUE story of Hubbard: http://www.primenet.com/~lippard/bfm/
Hubbard's "No Christ": http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/rams/Nochrist.ram
The famous Xenu flyer: http://www.xs4all.nl/~xemu/flyers/Xemu.html

Baba ROM DOS

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

WONDERFULR wrote:

> >Subject: Re: very sad: hungry scientologists
> >From: f...@thingy.apana.org.au (David Gerard)
> >Date: Sun, May 3, 1998 12:27 EDT
> >
> >On 1 May 1998 10:16:56 -0700, mar...@islandnet.com (Martin Hunt) wrote:
> >
> >:A lot of staffers go hungry. I have a proposal: a volunteer food
> >:truck to visit Cedars and give away sandwiches and drinks.
> > I bet
> >:it wouldn't be hard to get hungry people to line up for a bite
> >:right outside the complex.
> >

> I agree. And if you've got the money to finance this (hell, get
> Minton to pay for it) I can deliver the hungry people. Especially
> at the complex.

Thank you for acknowledging that staff are going hungry.

© Anti-Cult ®

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

On Mon, 04 May 1998 23:02:51 GMT.
wg...@loop.com (wgert).
From: All USENET -- http://www.Supernews.com.
Wrote on the subject: Re: very sad---URL unobtainable.:

>Hey Nerd. Very good sofar.
>
>The name "Gertner" should give you some clues too. But that's too
>obvious and easy, right?!

Better make that "Gertler"

Finally the truth from a Scientologist:

*There is no religious "worship" involved in Scientology.*
"miKe" <Darkne...@msn.com>

Martin Hunt

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

In article <354EAF...@micron.net>, Wolf <wolf...@micron.net> wrote:

>I hate to say this, but Scarff (despite his contemptible nature) has
>been accurate all through this thread. Starving SO? Never happened. SO

My first experience in the Cedars mess was watching some poor
SOB with a plate of these crappy boiled red beans and rice;
when I commented on the unsuitability of such a diet, a Sea Org
bitch was all for routing me to ethics for daring to question
Source.

Well, fuck Source, and fuck you, Wolf. I've seen your cult's
dirty little secret, the Rehabilitation Project Force. I've
been on the rice-and-bean diet. (not basmati; not delicious
black turtle beans; these things taste like wood chips.) It's
been a long time since I studied nutrition, but I recall that
grain and beans form a compliment of the 8 essential amino
acids. *However*, they are far from a complete diet. Can you
tell me, Wolf, what are the three main types of food? Can you
list the essential vitamins and minerals, and give us an idea
of what the lack of them produces in people? Can you state what
essentials are missing from a diet of rice and boiled red beans?
You and Garry and LRH are regular nutritional *geniuses*. ROFL!
Put your heads together and see what you can come up with. Do
some brainstorming. :-)

This is a very sad issue, the omnipresent hunger in Scientology.
To say that no SO are hungry is a Big Lie. They're hungry.
They're hungry right now. Some of them have been hungry for
months. Lisa was starved to death. Kids were served milk with
maggots in it. And hundreds of Scientologists are *right now*
not having their nutritional needs met with an unsuitable and
dangerous diet of rice and boiled beans. Don't take my nutritional
knowledge for granted; go and haul out a few textbooks (which
you should do in any case, rather than relying on my memory
and outdated studies), or go and ask your doctor. This is
a 3rd world diet; this is a *starvation* diet. Believe me;
I've been on it. It was only three weeks, but it was certainly
enough to let me start feeling the complications involved with
such a radical diet. I wonder how many SO are walking about with
bleeding gums right now? I know more than a few looked like
walking stick insects down there, wan and pale. <shudder>

Martin Hunt

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

In article <6ilfk3$r...@basement.replay.com>,
nob...@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous) wrote:

>Baba ROM DOS wrote:
>
>> Martin Hunt wrote:
>>

>> able to do much in person (and besides, I don't exist), but
>> I would certainly pledge $50 toward a Food for Staff project
>
>i will pledge $100.00 for it. i spent many days on .50 cookies while in the
>SO because we got no pay. if someone had offered me a sandwich i would
>have taken it.
>
>ex-SO

Bless you both; I pray someone in LA takes you up on your pledges
and puts this in motion.

I was very lucky; apart from a three-week stint on the infamous
rice-and-bean diet, I ate well, as I had some money. Those that
didn't suffered, and I saw people really suffer when they couldn't
swing the $30 for the weekly Cedars mess meal ticket. The mess
food was shabby - utility grade pork chops, and generally lousy
meat and other comestibles - but adequate. What was nice was having
enough to pick up a few things at the store, but I pity those that
couldn't afford even that. I hope that even those that see
Scientology for the evil it is wouldn't wish hunger on the poor
crew at Cedars. (and, very likely, the same issue is present at
Flag, in Clearwater; I just haven't seen that 1st hand, but maybe
someone who was there can comment.)

Martin Hunt

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

In article <6ilv5i$ej7$1...@news.iquest.net>,
"David VanHorn" <dvan...@cedar.net> wrote:

>Tilman can lead the charge on this one, as for KOX, I didn't know we had a
>plan, much less a leader! :)

Hey! Xenu is our leader!

Seriously, I hope something can be done for hunger in Scientology.
That organization shows little in the way of charity. Policy
dictates that sympathy is wrong and streetpeople and other
downtrodden are that way because they "pulled it in" on themselves,
and certainly they should be avoided rather than helped. It gladdens
my heart to see that critics of Scientology take an entirely
different attitude toward charity.

Charity, the saying goes, starts at home. The utter lack of
charity L. Ron Hubbard, and now his organization in his name,
showed toward the poor wights on the RPF gives a glimpse into
the heart of the cult.

Hana Eltringham, as quoted in Bent Corydon's _Messiah or Madman?_,
speaking about RPF inmates onboard the Apollo:

They were treated like criminals - even rats.
They would get their food delivered by way of buckets, lowered into
the ducts. This punishment lasted anywhere from 24 hours to, on a few
occasions, a couple of weeks.
Since they were not allowed out to use toilet facilities, the inmates
had to find some way to relieve themselves as best they could,
creating the stench of human excrement and filth throughout the
ducts.

What a jolly old cult Scientology is. The inmates life in the RPF
reads a lot like that of POWs.

Martin Hunt

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

In article <199805050732...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
st...@aol.com (StveJ) wrote:

>ex-SO brags;
>>i let a few go to anyone that asked.
>You let a few go?
>Every fart I had needed to be saved to power the gas driven
>electric fence and german shepard patrol with the jack-booted
>Uzi-tooting guards.

Sounds like Happy Valley; how long were you there?

>No wonder you left. There was no dicipline. You were a wuss.
>SteveJ

Discipline; your Studi Tech Spelin' Tek is showing through.
You shouldn't joke about such things; life in your cult was
degrading and debilitating for many people, and joking about it
is akin to, well, I won't draw the analogy, but it remains.

Taken from Jon Atack's _A Piece of Blue Sky_:

The Happy Valley story was not over. During the summer of 1982,
Hubbard had tested out a new idea with Mayo's help. Executives
were becoming exhausted, so rather than shortening their eighteen-hour
day, Hubbard had issued the Running Program. Executives were
to run around a fixed point for about an hour a day, and take
huge quantities of mineral supplements. For the Happy Valley
detainees the time was extended. They were to run, in desert
heat, for five hours a day, round and round a tree.
Perhaps because of his especially potent contaminating effect,
Mayo was separated from the rest of the group, given a pole
to run around (and even ordered to paint it red). The runners
took the affair as lightly as possible. Only one guard was assigned
to them, so Mayo and those at the tree would take turns to sit
down, and the guard would have to trek between them to goad
them back into action.6
The Running Program took its toll. Mayo, a slight man, lost
twenty-five pounds. Whether through the program, or the general
lack of medical care within the Sea Org, Mayo's teeth and gums
also suffered badly. In February 1983, convinced that he could
do nothing to change the attitude of management, he accepted
his Suppressive Person declare and left.

(Is it just me, or have *several* Scientologists jumped on this
thread? Hot button or what? Probably for most of them the remarks
about hunger strick uncomfortably close to home. They've undoubtedly
gone on a few weeks of rice and beans themselves, the poor things.)

Martin Hunt

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

In article <354f8e8a...@enews.newsguy.com>,
mir...@newsguy.com (Deana Holmes) wrote:

>On Mon, 04 May 1998 21:35:03 -0600, rod_fl...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>In article <hQOT1Mdl...@islandnet.com>#1/1,
>> mar...@islandnet.com (Martin Hunt) wrote:
>>
>>snip
>>
>>Did you manage to find a job? I heard you were looking for one.
>>I hope you have money to feed your child. Rod.
>
>You are a sick and twisted person, "Rod."

Damn; I killfiled my own DA! Look what you miss when you filter
ars. Did he say anything else juicy? Libellous? :-) My OSA folder
runneth over.

>But then again, Scientology taught you that, right?

Yep. Join up now! Learn the secrets of Dead Agenting and how
you, too, can use the law to easily harass people, if possible,
disposing of them altogether! Learn how to rummage around in
SPs' trash! (Rod, was that you? I always pictured you as being
younger.) Learn how to access bank records! Unemployment rosters!
Learn how to get SPs fired by complaining to their boss! Learn
how to infiltrate their place of employ! Yes, and you can even
learn how to stage hit-and-run accidents! It's all here, folks!
For only $299,999.99! But wait! There's more! Learn how to set
up your very own RPF, and starve people on a diet of rice and
beans! Learn the secrets of the IRD! Learn how to run the Baby
Watch! Yes, YOU TOO can be a part of a conspiracy to commit murder
in order to cover up bad PR situations involving laundered money
and apparent Scientology-induced psychosis! Don't wait! Sign up
today!

Martin Hunt

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

In article <354e48c9...@news.loop.com>, wg...@loop.com (wgert) wrote:

>Yes, I had pointed out that there is a Keith Henson who is a porn
>star.

Porn star, eh? Now, where does that fit in the DA chart? About
like so?:

1. Common-or-garden wog
2. Pro-German
3. SP
4. Bigot
5. Nazi
6. Copyright Terrorist

6.5 Prono star/prono King <-- ???

7. Hate-monger
8. Pig Fucker
9. Criminal
10. Dangerous Lunatic/Mad Bomber
11. Baby Killer/Jew Burner
12. Pedophile

Martin Hunt

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.980504...@molly.hh.org>,

The Momentary Delurker <del...@molly.hh.org> wrote:

>On 4 May 1998, Captain Nerd wrote:
>
>> So, we've got an Asian wgert, possibly a German wgert, and
>> a couple of North American/English wgerts, one who posts
>> occasionally as "Rod Fletcher," and one who writes up the
>> "justin" posts. I wonder how long their shifts are?

Typically, 16-18 hours. Longer, if they're deemed to be "downstat",
ie, not keeping up with their ever-increasing production quotas.
As you can surmise, being "downstat" is a common thing for cult
members.

>I wonder if they are hungry?

Very likely they are. Especially if they're in a lower condition,
which, again, is a part of the miserable life inside Scientology.

It goes like this:

THE FIVE CARD SYSTEM

In Sea Org Executive Directive 3490 International, 24 July 1986, a
new system of rewards and penalties was announced. This directive is
by the "Sea Organization Admiralty Officer," and is approved by the
Watchdog Committee:

A brilliant system is being put into your org which heavily validates
those staff `who are actively working on contributing to and achieving
your org's purpose of 5.4Xed statistics [meaning increasing one's
production by 5.4 times before Hubbard's birthdate].
At the same time, this new system penalizes downstat staff who are
not actively contributing....

This system grants each member of the team "shares" in the group.

There are five team shares and you, as a team member of the group,
will be issued five special cards representing each share:
1. Social Card (blue)
2. Bonus Card (green)
3. Allowance Card (orange)
4. Berthing Card (yellow)
5. Chow card (red)

The social card entitles the staff member to "participate in any
social activity such as liberty, parties, sports events, special meals,
outings, and the like" (note that "liberty" is any day off).
The bonus card entitles the staff member to a "bonus in addition to
the regular Sea Org allowance." The allowance card "entitles one to
receive regular Sea Org allowance" [approximately $7 to $12 per
week].
The berthing card grants a space in which to berth (a bed).
The chow card entitles the staff member to receive food at meal
times from the Org.
Here's the good news:
A staff member who "is pulling his weight and taking responsibility
for the org as a whole" is entitled to all five cards. He is also awarded
a "Silver Star." He is to wear this star at all times on his lapel.
Here's the bad news:
If the staff member is "being downstat or generally unproductive,
or uncooperative" he starts losing his cards one at a time starting with
the blue card.
Lose one card and you lose your silver star.
Loss of all cards means the person "goes on rice and beans (each
meal) while living in pig's berthing...." The directive goes on to
explain:

The Sea Organization is the most ethical group this planet has ever
known or will know. Star-high standards are enforced. It is with clean
hands [good deeds and honestly that the Sea Org has maintained itself
as the single most effective group of OTs in existence....
LRH has entrusted the Sea Org to maintain the exact degree of ethics
on this planet so that the wins and gains of his technology can be
had by all....
Those who have other fish to fry show up fast on the Team Share
System and can be quickly handled.

- From Bent Corydon's book, _Messiah or Madman?_

Silver star, eh? I wonder if it has five points or six? Achtung,
RPFen!

My roomates and I were assigned to pig's berthing once after an
inspection. We were downstat, and had to be punished. Punishment
is a big thing in the cult; a lot of it is devoted to punishment
by various means from marks/signs, forced labour, begging to "rejoin"
the group, shaming, starvation, prison camps, etc.

© Anti-Cult ®

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

On 05 May 1998 09:42:42 GMT.
wonde...@aol.com (WONDERFULR).
From: AOL http://www.aol.com.
Wrote on the subject: Re: very sad:

>>Subject: Re: very sad
>>From: The.Galacti...@ThePentagon.com (© Anti-Cult ®)
>>Date: Sun, May 3, 1998 09:04 EDT
>>

>>Shame on you WonderAss. No compassion whatsoever. Look here folks, see
>>what the criminal cult does to a person.
>>

>LOOK! LOOK! Have a gander. Check me out.
>
>>May you burn in hell WonderAss,
>
>You really think there ~is~ one for me (or anyone else) to burn in?

Well, that is up to you to find out. :-)

>>You're truly an ugly example of a braiwashed scientologist. I spit in
>>your general direction. Spit, spit, spit.
>
>So lucky for me that you so far away then, huh?

Is distance in space really a protection? I thought, well never
mind....:-)

"Somebody some day will say 'this is illegal'. By then be sure
the orgs say what is legal or not."
-- L. Ron Hubbard, HCOPL 4 January 1966
***** Body thetans? We don't need no stinking Body Thetans! ******
********** http://www.users.wineasy.se/noname/index.htm **********
*** Public PGP key: http://www.users.wineasy.se/noname/pgp.htm ***
****** The.Galacti...@ThePentagon.com (Anti-Cult) *******
Victimized by the Co$. "Deadfiled" in at least one Org. Seen too
much, heard to much, lived too much. Security Coded hard disks
too much. Have been reading NOTS too much. Having chronic
pneumonia. As Arnold said: I'll be back......

Rob Clark

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

On Mon, 04 May 1998 23:02:23 GMT, wg...@loop.com (wgert) wrote:

>You are really quite desperate to elevate your status here, Keith,
>which is currently at an all time low. And people usually recognize
>a loser rather fast.

yes, we do.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-ser. LOSER gertie. (do i get a cookie?)

rob
are you that same
wgert that fucked the pigs all the time? i'm not saying
you ARE, i'm just WONDERING

Wolf

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

Martin Hunt wrote:

> In article <354EAF...@micron.net>, Wolf <wolf...@micron.net> wrote:
>
> >I hate to say this, but Scarff (despite his contemptible nature) has
> >been accurate all through this thread. Starving SO? Never happened. SO
>
> My first experience in the Cedars mess was watching some poor
> SOB with a plate of these crappy boiled red beans and rice;
> when I commented on the unsuitability of such a diet, a Sea Org
> bitch was all for routing me to ethics for daring to question
> Source.

Really? And you stayed in the SO? Did your momma drop you on the head or
something?

> Well, fuck Source, and fuck you, Wolf.

Ahh, the Dennis Erlich school of argument. Well done. You are qualified
as a clueless idiot.

> I've seen your cult's
> dirty little secret, the Rehabilitation Project Force.

Hey! You're the guy who was too dense to figure out the SO was BS. I
never joined the thing. I didn't want to starve you know...

>I've
> been on the rice-and-bean diet. (not basmati; not delicious
> black turtle beans; these things taste like wood chips.)

Perhaps your memories are distorted because of the state of mind it took
to be duped into the SO to begin with.

> Can you
> tell me, Wolf, what are the three main types of food?

Sure. Scotch, steak and jalapenos.

As I requested, Martin has regaled us with more of his delusions of
starving SO members and bleeding gums. I think he has potential as a
fiction writer or a historian. The qualifications for both are similar
and Martin is definitly a candidate. Read on ->

> This is a very sad issue, the omnipresent hunger in Scientology.
> To say that no SO are hungry is a Big Lie. They're hungry.
> They're hungry right now. Some of them have been hungry for
> months. Lisa was starved to death. Kids were served milk with
> maggots in it. And hundreds of Scientologists are *right now*
> not having their nutritional needs met with an unsuitable and
> dangerous diet of rice and boiled beans. Don't take my nutritional
> knowledge for granted; go and haul out a few textbooks (which
> you should do in any case, rather than relying on my memory
> and outdated studies), or go and ask your doctor. This is
> a 3rd world diet; this is a *starvation* diet. Believe me;
> I've been on it. It was only three weeks, but it was certainly
> enough to let me start feeling the complications involved with
> such a radical diet. I wonder how many SO are walking about with
> bleeding gums right now? I know more than a few looked like
> walking stick insects down there, wan and pale. <shudder>

on the street begging the well-fed and affluent population for handouts.

Wolf <still smiling at the absurdity of what some people will post>

Garry Scarff

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

Martin Hunt wrote:

> In article <354EAF...@micron.net>, Wolf <wolf...@micron.net> wrote:
>
> >I hate to say this, but Scarff (despite his contemptible nature) has
> >been accurate all through this thread. Starving SO? Never happened. SO
>
> My first experience in the Cedars mess was watching some poor
> SOB with a plate of these crappy boiled red beans and rice;
> when I commented on the unsuitability of such a diet, a Sea Org
> bitch was all for routing me to ethics for daring to question
> Source.
>
> Well, fuck Source, and fuck you, Wolf. I've seen your cult's
> dirty little secret, the Rehabilitation Project Force. I've

> been on the rice-and-bean diet. (not basmati; not delicious
> black turtle beans; these things taste like wood chips.) It's
> been a long time since I studied nutrition, but I recall that
> grain and beans form a compliment of the 8 essential amino
> acids. *However*, they are far from a complete diet. Can you
> tell me, Wolf, what are the three main types of food? Can you
> list the essential vitamins and minerals, and give us an idea
> of what the lack of them produces in people? Can you state what
> essentials are missing from a diet of rice and boiled red beans?
> You and Garry and LRH are regular nutritional *geniuses*. ROFL!
> Put your heads together and see what you can come up with. Do
> some brainstorming. :-)
>
> This is a very sad issue, the omnipresent hunger in Scientology.
> To say that no SO are hungry is a Big Lie. They're hungry.
> They're hungry right now. Some of them have been hungry for
> months. Lisa was starved to death. Kids were served milk with
> maggots in it. And hundreds of Scientologists are *right now*
> not having their nutritional needs met with an unsuitable and
> dangerous diet of rice and boiled beans. Don't take my nutritional
> knowledge for granted; go and haul out a few textbooks (which
> you should do in any case, rather than relying on my memory
> and outdated studies), or go and ask your doctor. This is
> a 3rd world diet; this is a *starvation* diet. Believe me;
> I've been on it. It was only three weeks, but it was certainly
> enough to let me start feeling the complications involved with
> such a radical diet. I wonder how many SO are walking about with
> bleeding gums right now? I know more than a few looked like
> walking stick insects down there, wan and pale. <shudder>

More blahdy..blah..from a well-established liar with an IQ of 12, so
entrenched in anger and hostility, he has to decieve and misrepresent
himself to gain attention. Such is the legacy of Martin Hunt.

Paul

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

wgert wrote:
[snip usual lame attempts at justification and ad hominem attacks]

> And people usually recognize a loser rather fast.

Boy, you got that right, loser...er, um, I mean, wgert.

-Paul

It is loading more messages.