does anyone else think Sherilyn is very interesting?

The Comedian

May 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/9/96

I don't recall reading her stuff last year, but now that I see it, I'm
always surprised by her approach to a topic: I never know which way
she's going to go---Everyone has a style, but I haven't figured out
hers, yet. So I find her posts interesting. [I've become bored with
*my own* posts, so it's good to see something fresh.]
cheers,

The above is for entertainment purposes only.
*Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.* read alt.religion.scientology

"If you wish to study a *granfalloon*, Just remove the skin of a toy
balloon." _The Books of Bokonon_ [Kurt Vonnegut]

Ted Mayett

May 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/10/96

In <Pine.A32.3.93.960509...@freenet4.afn.org> The

Comedian <afn1...@afn.org> writes:

>[I've become bored with *my own* posts,

You too? It's happened to you too?

Richard Ward

May 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/10/96

In article <Pine.A32.3.93.960509...@freenet4.afn.org>,

The Comedian <afn1...@afn.org> wrote:
>I don't recall reading her stuff last year, but now that I see it, I'm
>always surprised by her approach to a topic: I never know which way
>she's going to go---Everyone has a style, but I haven't figured out
>hers, yet. So I find her posts interesting. [I've become bored with
>*my own* posts, so it's good to see something fresh.]
>cheers,

Sherilyn is a him. Last year we all knew him as Tony Sidaway (spelling?).
This is why Ed ".sig sodomizer" McCloskey had such a woody about "her".

--
*---------------------------------------------------------------------*
| SP3, Suppresive Cunt #2, Evil Asshole, Dishwasher at Xenu's House |

Steve A

May 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/10/96

The Comedian <afn1...@afn.org> wrote:

>I don't recall reading her stuff last year, but now that I see it, I'm
>always surprised by her approach to a topic: I never know which way
>she's going to go---Everyone has a style, but I haven't figured out
>hers, yet. So I find her posts interesting. [I've become bored with
>*my own* posts, so it's good to see something fresh.]
>cheers,

You did read "her" stuff last year, but she wasn't called Sherilyn
then.

IMO her stuff *is* interesting, thoroughly researched, and painfully
accurate. I suppose I'm a bit biased, because it was sheri's alter ego
that got me interested in a.r.s. from alt.fan.pratchett, and who
brought me up to speed in my early a.r.s. days.

Sheri and I might not see eye-to-eye on everything - the Rev Tweek
email incident being a case in point - but I find her posts frequently
funny and invariably brutally to the point.

If someone with archives has got a copy of one of Sheri's a.e. ripping
Andy Milne a new arsehole, please repost it (unless Sheri herself can
oblige). As I recall, the submarine incident and Snake Thompson were
both classics.

--
Steve A, | http://www.demon.co.uk/castle/scientology.html
SP4 & Clam | I do not speak for Castle Systems: when they pay me

Sherilyn

May 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/11/96

In article <31935496...@192.0.2.1>, Steve A
<ste...@castlsys.demon.co.uk> writes

>If someone with archives has got a copy of one of Sheri's a.e. ripping
>Andy Milne a new arsehole, please repost it (unless Sheri herself can
>oblige). As I recall, the submarine incident and Snake Thompson were
>both classics.

Actually I only followed in Pope Charles' footsteps as far as the
Submarines and Snake Thompson go. He inspired me. He's been a kook-
watcher and hubbard-botherer for many years. Here's one of my favorite
Pope Charles posts. When he gets going he's the best. Troutman is
funny, but only Pope Charles could rip apart the cult's lies in such a
way as to make the tears roll down your cheeks.

Here, Pope Charles, SubGenius Pope of Houston, nominates Andrew Milne
for KOTM, March, 1995. You'll note that he has a very different style
from my own. He is much more florid, but underneath it all he has an
impressive grasp of detail as he exposes the mechanics of Milne's
argument, and here displays an intellectual rigor I have tried to
emulate.

I have loads more of these, lovingly preserved for their entertainment
value. You can almost hear Pope's enthusiasm for the chase as he tears
into Andy Milne, exposing his shore story about Hubbard with relentless
blows of solid reason.

It was then that I fell in love with a.r.s.

-----BEGINNING OF POST

From: wbar...@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (William Barwell)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology,alt.usenet.kooks
Subject: Re: Russell Miller got it wrong
Date: 2 Mar 1995 05:13:50 -0600

Crossposted to alt.religion.scientology and alt.usenet.kooks
Heads up! Incoming Kook!
Milne is a Kook!

In article <xWx5tM...@delphi.com>, <mi...@delphi.com> wrote:

> Let's summarize what Russell Miller stated in his book
> and what the facts are:

(Book in question is Russell Miller's Bare Faced Messiah - The True
story of L. Ron Hubbard Henry Holt 1987.)

> Miller wrote, "Ron would often refer to Thompson in
> later life, yet the Commander remains an enigma. He cannot
> be identified from U.S. Navy records...."
>
> Wrong once. Miller could have checked and would have
> found Joseph Cheesman (Snake) Thompson listed in the standard
> registry of U.S. Navy Officer ranks. Thompson was given his
> rank as a commander in the U.S. Navy Medical Corps on May
> 23, 1917.

Problem is, that in the autobiographies of LRH scattered through his
silly assed books, LRH, always refered to "Snake" Thompson. But there
was not first name ever given. So it is hard to find a man whoise name
you don't even know! It was years later before somebody pinned this
down for sure, though nobody knows how Ron actually came to know "Snake"
Thompson!
A mystery man.

Note the misdirection here. As if tracking down a clown whose name was
not even known whose is listed as being in the Navy in 1917, IF you knew
his name so you could look him up means, dirt.
The REAL story is Ron claimed the mysterious man was a personal friend
who initiated him into the mysteries of psychology, a man well qualified
to do so because Snake Thompson was a personal student of the world
famous Sigmund Freud himself!

This was a magnificent bucket full of wine-cured balderdash.
None of it true in the least. Rather than deal with that, Milne
tries to make believe that failure to hunt down an obscure navy officer
who's full name the Liar Of Teegeeack never mentioned, (probably didn't
know), mean Miller was wrong. This is of course obviously not so, and
amazingly OSA agent Milne seems to thing we are too stupid to notice.
Or he is too stupid to notice himself. Anyway, he has to make his
stat of so many posts by Thursday exhonerating the Grand Bloviator.
He instead simply gives some of us a laugh and a chance to
dig deeper into Ron's lies for all to see.
Bad show OSA agent Milne. No lib for you this time.
How many posts do they want you to make each week? Doesn't quality
count?

Note also, That no info is given here about Snake. Was he in the Navy
in 1934? Was he even near Washington as LRH claimed?

> Miller wrote, "... nor can his relationship with Freud
> be established."
>
> Wrong again. In 1984, Thompson's own daughter provided
> the Church with a charcoal sketch of her father. She pointed
> out that his name is written the way his friends in the
> Orient used to spell it. It is "Joe Tom Sun," with snakes
> drawn into the tops of the capital letters.

Ahhh! A picture of Snake! Why this proves Ron must have gotten his
brilliant tuteledge in 1934 from Snake himself!
And of course Snake was a brilliant student of Freud himself.
Joe Tom Sun? What does this have to do with anything? Amazingly
irrelevant to any claim LRH made about sitting in the Library of
Congress in the summer of 1934 while Snake Thompson shoved his nose into
teh books explaining the secrets of human nature.
Let us not lose sight of LRH's amazing grand basic lies here and let
such a silly assed thing as a charcoal portrait distract us from Ron's
towering lies.

> Had Miller bothered to check the Sigmund Freud
> collection at the Library of Congress, he would have found
> personal correspondence in German from Freud to "Dr. Joe Tom
> Sun" in Seattle, Washington, dated July 27, 1923. Freud
> wrote, "Thanks a lot for [your] letter, [the] special print
> and above all for the charming photograph of the 3 beauties
> at the Pacific Ocean!"

As you can see, they talked deeply of deep things about human nature and
stuff really important and stuff. Of course that stupid old Miller
never thought to look up Tom Dim Sum. As everybody called him. Except
Hubbard in his lying biographies. 1923. Where DID Ron meet Sun Tim Dog
anyway?
Really. Pacific ocean? Hmm. Ron traveled to Guam in 1927.
Bet he bumped into Thomspn somehow and later concocted a lie about this,
a lie that has now been exploded.

> Clearly the two men knew each other well,

No. it is not clear they knew each other well. It is clear Tom Dip Jog
wrote Freud a leter and set hims some pictures. That is all.
Might have been merely a fan letter from Snake with some souvenirs
for his idol. If you wana claim Snake and Frued wre personal friends you
have to prove that. This stuff does not in the least. If I sent Carl
Sagan some junk and he thanked me in a letter, that is all it means.
This is ludicrous. And it still does not prove that LRH was personally
tutored in intensive study in the Library of Congress by a personal
STUDENT of Freud. in the summer of 1934.
LRH lied about this. All else is desperate and laughable nonsense!
The screaming irrelevance of this might effort is amazing and for
nought.

Now let the CoS show Thompson spent the summer of 1934 in Washington DC.
Let the Spin mewisters show Snake Thompson was a personal student of
Freud, not a friend, aquaintance, a well wisher who sent his tourist
junk from the Far East, not a man who admired Freud deeply, but a
personal student as the grand liar of Teegeeack so expansivley claimed.
This is the point. LRH lied. In print. To everybody who he mislead as
to his fitness to start a quack mental health cult.

and since
> Thompson wrote several papers on Freud's subject of
> psychoanalysis, it would be logical that he had studied under
> Freud.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Oh my lord! Yer killing me! Harharharhar!

So Tom Joe Dog has a beautiful charcoal crayon portrait and was listed
as a navy geek in 1917 once somebody finally found out his name so they
could check up on this and he write some papers about psychoanalysis and
stuff and he sent Freud a pictue of the pacific so he MUST have been a
personal student who studied under Freud hiself as LRH claimed and you
swear LRh aint lying and you ain't a drinking man, promise.

Amazing! Except of course Miller checked with Doctor Kurt Eissler a
world famous Freud expert and scholar who states, that despite LRH's
fantasies, Snake Thompson was not a personal student, nor important
figure who left any known correspondance to be found in Freud's files
whic his odd if he was either a personal friend or student. Of course
freud may not have kept copies of thank you note she sent admireres who
sent him cheesy picture of the Pacific ocean.

Amazing. If I wrie a few papers on Relativitym, does that mean I
must be a personal student of Einstein himself! Amazing .. er,
logic. Or whatever! Ron-think! here look everybody, here is how
Ron-think works! Read Milne's twisted screeds carefully and you can
see how sad Ron-think reallly is.
This is what Scientology teaches you to be! And how to think!
And you PAY for it! BWAHAHAHAH!

Unless Barwell has a document showing that Thompson
> never studied under Freud (which he doesn't, of course, and
> neither did Miller) then he is merely uttering his own
> opinions and not facts.

Bwhahahahahha! You fucking, dumb bastard! Bwhahahahah!
WE HAVE IT! If one of the world's top Freud experts tells us point
blank Thompson was NOT a student, nor figured intro the correspondance
and many papers Freud left behind in the slightest fashion, manner or
way, the facts show that LRH was lying about Snake Thompson and Freud!
And I bet if I were to wander over into Rice University here and look
through their library, Frued's works will not list any Joe Sot Who,
nor Snake Chomping Thompson! A widely respected scholar has dumped
on your cult's stupid lies, your dead fuhrer's lies and it is up to
YOU to show that LRH was not a liar by proving Thomposn was what
Commodore Codswallop claimed he was. Ball is in your court.

Claiming Snake was a PERSONAL student because he wrote a few papers on
psycholanalysis shows you are a Right Burk. I may have to go back and
gather your crap together here and post them over in alt.usenet.kooks!
I nominated Koos and it looks like he will be a run away winner for
AUK's February Kook Of The Month award! Now I have a heavy duty
candidate for March!

Hell, I'll cross post this right now!
Yoo hoo! Kook watchers! I have another Kook! I hereby nominate
Milne, (no other known name) as KotM candidate for March!
He is an official prevaricator for the Church Of Scientology, charged
with showing the many Grandiose lies of L. Ron Hubbard were
not exactly what they were, Whoppers of the First Water!
He is a dumb, clueless bastard.
He almost surely is a member of the Sea Org and gets PAID to
write this putrescent tripe! Though Sea Org wages are very low so I am
sure they are getting their money's worth. He almost suredly has a
weekly quota to fill to keep his 'stats up'.
If he does real good, they let him have a weekend day off.

Pope Charles
SubGenius Pope Of Houston
"Bob" loves you!

------END OF POST

And I just couldn't resist including this gem. -Sheri

-----BEGINNING OF POST

From: wbar...@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (William Barwell)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re; Miller got it wrong
Date: 3 Mar 1995 04:55:37 -0600

>Some suppressive person or other in e-mail
>
> I believe that minimal research will reveal close ties between Joe Tom
Sun
> and Fat-Cell.
>
> obFarmer: hahahahaha

No, no, no. Jim Jam Jum discovered the fat-cell hyphen
using Freud's own personal dictionary. For which he
was awarded the No Bell Piece prize in 1926.
Commomdore Hubbard, then a mere Boy Scout Admiral, delivered
the notification personally to him while he stayed at
at the vast Hubbard Ranch in Montana, where he and Ron studied
clam evolution. For his discoveries of the clam engram,
Joe Jop Jib encountered the jealous wrath of the organized health
community and was forced into hiding where he has been ever since.
Miller of course got this totally wrong, having never bothered
to look up an article found in the July, 1927 issue
of 'The Prevaricator', the journal of the Helena Liar's Club.

Pope Charles
SubGenius Pope Of Houston
Slack!
More clams, garcon!

------END OF POST

For information about what the cult of scientology is doing to your right of
free speech on the Net:
http://www.cybercom.net/~rnewman/scientology/home.html
No fancy graphics, no crap. Just solid information. More hits!

Martin G. V. Hunt

May 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/11/96

The Comedian (afn1...@afn.org) writes:
> I don't recall reading her stuff last year, but now that I see it, I'm
> always surprised by her approach to a topic: I never know which way
> she's going to go---Everyone has a style, but I haven't figured out
> hers, yet. So I find her posts interesting. [I've become bored with
> *my own* posts, so it's good to see something fresh.]
> cheers,

Sher/Tony's a "don't miss" poster, that's for sure.

ttyl,
martin.

--
Cogito, ergo sum. http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~av282

I am not a "turn-the-other-cheek critic." - Steve Fishman.