veiled legal threat from diskeeper

tikk

Jan 22, 2009, 12:06:57 AM1/22/09
I received a legal threat from Diskeeper yesterday and have posted the
threat, along with my response, here:

http://realitybasedcommunity.net/archive/2009/01/veiled_legal_th.php

~ tikk

Black Mamba

Jan 22, 2009, 12:19:04 AM1/22/09

"tikk" <tr...@tikk.net> wrote in message

When the Church of Scientology's law offices for RTC wrote to me and
were concerned about where I had gotten my copies of the NOT's bulletins
from I wrote back and said "Some lady gave them to me and I don't know she
was".

Larry
{LaserClam Is Like A Pit Viper!}

Black Mamba

Jan 22, 2009, 12:21:46 AM1/22/09

"Black Mamba" <xxxxx...@xxxxx.xxx> wrote in message

I mean I said "I don't know who she was" not that I don't know she was.
Sorry about that typo. It is true anyway.

t_shuffle

Jan 22, 2009, 1:11:11 AM1/22/09

"tikk" <tr...@tikk.net> wrote in message

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jan 22, 2009, 3:48:40 AM1/22/09

haha!

Eldon

Jan 22, 2009, 3:49:18 AM1/22/09
Good lord, I can't see what would be worth sealing anyway in this
case. Are they going to file trade secrets as evidence or something?

xenufrance

Jan 22, 2009, 4:05:57 AM1/22/09

"tikk" <tr...@tikk.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
4977fefc$1...@news2.lightlink.com...

excellent.

I love those people from scientology, who can't ever endure the light on
their activities. Why should there be a confidentiality order on such a
topic ?

xenufrance

Jan 22, 2009, 4:08:00 AM1/22/09

"Eldon" <Eldo...@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
0dcc3974-3dce-42ec...@e22g2000vbe.googlegroups.com...

Hi Eldon, we had the same reaction. I can't see why so much secrecy is
needed about a scam or about a matter of civil rights (scentology being the
scam, imposing its sinsane rules inside a company an abuse of human rights).

ex-scio-anon

Jan 22, 2009, 6:09:57 AM1/22/09

>>> http://realitybasedcommunity.net/archive/2009/01/veiled_legal_th.php
>>>
>> Good lord, I can't see what would be worth sealing anyway in this
>> case. Are they going to file trade secrets as evidence or something?
>
> Hi Eldon, we had the same reaction. I can't see why so much secrecy is
> needed about a scam or about a matter of civil rights (scentology being
> the scam, imposing its sinsane rules inside a company an abuse of human
> rights).

Maybe they don't want competitors to know that their 'huge' success is due
to LRon Management Tech! LOL!

Interesting also the following quotes:

"Unless you learn it well [Scientology], you can't really have an opinion
about it and can't really decide for yourself whether or not it would ever
work for you"

These bullshit statements never cease to surprise me!

Lafayette at The Beacon

Jan 22, 2009, 6:39:55 AM1/22/09

I feel the same way about psychotropic drugs...

--

your humble servant,

Lafayette

http://myurlisname.blogspot.com

Eldon

Jan 22, 2009, 7:00:45 AM1/22/09
On Jan 22, 12:09 pm, "ex-scio-anon" <NOTvalidACCO...@nowhere.com>
wrote:

> >> Good lord, I can't see what would be worth sealing anyway in this
> >> case. Are they going to file trade secrets as evidence or something?
>
> > Hi Eldon, we had the same reaction. I can't see why so much secrecy is
> > needed about a scam or about a matter of civil rights (scentology being
> > the scam, imposing its sinsane rules inside a company an abuse of human
> > rights).
>
> Maybe they don't want competitors to know that their 'huge' success is due
> to LRon Management Tech! LOL!

Or maybe the Plaintiffs' attorneys plan to spring the Xenu population
reduction story as an example of Non-LRH Planetary Management Tech. In
that case, the defense team might claim it's "confidential data" that
would endanger the health of the public if disclosed. Who knows?

But in that case, the defense would also have to claim the judge
shouldn't read it lest he come down with pneumonia. Oh, well. This
shit is too complex for me. Let Tikk figure it out. ;-)

tikk

Jan 22, 2009, 9:43:32 AM1/22/09
On Jan 22, 7:00 am, Eldon <EldonB...@aol.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Or maybe the Plaintiffs' attorneys plan to spring the Xenu population
> reduction story as an example of Non-LRH Planetary Management Tech. In
> that case, the defense team might claim it's "confidential data" that
> would endanger the health of the public if disclosed. Who knows?

<snip>

The confidentiality order itself would be routine in a case like this
where material that could be regarded as trade secrets would
inevitably be disclosed in discovery and in deposition. But there are
no trade secrets at issue in either of the two exhibits which were
part of the last filing. So they're either concerned about Exhibit C,
which contains selected pages from the LRH Organization Executive
Course (unlikely, as it's available elsewhere on the internet), or
they're concerned about Exhibit D, which was excerpted transcripts of
Craig Jensen's deposition. I read through both and while i can see why
Diskeeper's lawyers might consider the depo transcripts as
unflattering to their client, but one would not reasonably conclude
that they amount to a "trade secret or other private, confidential
information of a personal, business, or other legitimate nature" ...
and even if they wanted to argue that, the transcripts are simply not
visibly marked as confidential.

Jensen's deposition transcripts, of which only a small portion is
contained in the filing, make for very interesting reading as to how a
Scientologist-run company can operate.

~ tikk

Eldon

Jan 22, 2009, 10:11:18 AM1/22/09

Thanks for the explanation. And I'm sure the full transcripts are
interesting. Just the stuff I read sounded way defensive and
dictatorial, as if Craigbo is the crown prince of his little software
universe, anointed by LRH to save and convert Microsoft -- or some
such bullshit.

> ~ tikk

Maureen

Jan 22, 2009, 10:35:37 AM1/22/09

You bothered them. Free speech bothers them. They willfully use 'free
exercise' to censor their own materials. The brainwashing ones. :)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=com.ubuntu%3Aen-US%3Aunofficial&hs=zBM&q=congress+shall+not+decide+religion+scientology+&btnG=Search
"congress shall not decide religion scientology"

It's also a timely event that medical coverage be denied a person who
suffers from 'intentional infliction of emotional distress.' For a
company who causes it, should surely -not- write that off as 'free
exercise/spiritual' if medical insurance ceases for 'distress/
injuries' sustained during the tenure, whilst at 'work.'

The green (executive) volumes repeat the very same confusion scheme,
that every other Hubbard book does. I wish hypnosis and NLP experts
find and enter the subversion tactics they hide under 'free exercise'
- into the dockets. And warn people in court and worldwide, of the
very real dangers (...) that can occur from trying (just read the
book, do this little course/Guantanamo Bay)to digest such material...

Their witnesses are under the influence of hypnosis. Are they
credible, and are the court staff exposed to such people?

http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/200810-godelman-leshay-v-diskeeper.html

http://www.lermanet.com/exit/confusion-technique.htm
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hypnosis-index.htm

http://lermanet.com/TWTH/
'The introduction of multiple topics or stories (story within a story)
is a confusion technique method to induce hypnosis, or closer to
what's described by neuro-linguistic program, (NLP) authors Bandler
and Grinder in the book, Trance Formations as "Stacking Realities," an
advanced meta-model technique. *** This booklet has no other purpose
but to confuse and make the reader vulnerable to recruitment in
another front group.'

Maureen

xenufrance

Jan 22, 2009, 4:51:35 PM1/22/09

"ex-scio-anon" <NOTvali...@nowhere.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: 4978...@news.x-privat.org...

indeed, it's incredibly naive ! WHO do they think they are? What human
abilities have they ever demonstrated but stealing money for a crime cult?

xenufrance

Jan 22, 2009, 4:54:23 PM1/22/09

"Eldon" <Eldo...@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
8ca6de6e-63a4-4102...@e1g2000pra.googlegroups.com...

Once again, the PR methods from the crime cult show their incredible
stupidity. Jensen should never have expelled these guys for such a bad
reason and should never have avoided a deal when they left and attacked his
company. Now both his company and his crime cult are at stake, once again.

>> ~ tikk

Eldon

Jan 22, 2009, 5:10:21 PM1/22/09
On Jan 22, 10:54 pm, "xenufrance" <xenufra...@free.fr> wrote:
> "Eldon" <EldonB...@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 8ca6de6e-63a4-4102-bd03-741f09b16...@e1g2000pra.googlegroups.com...

And aren't we happy to see how self-destructive ol' Craig is? This
case will not only fuck up Diskeeper, but will also embarrass
Microsoft again.

He deserves every bit of bad PR he gets, as far as I know. Anyway,
it's the greater good for the greater number who find out what a nasty
piece of work Scientology is.

And how come I don't need his defragger on my Macintosh anyway? Oh
well, I know some perfectly nice critics use Windows, so i'll shut up
now. Forget I said that.

> >> ~ tikk

Fredric L. Rice

Jan 30, 2009, 1:28:56 PM1/30/09

That's really strange. In a gross overview it looks like the Scientology
fuckers just want people to stop talking about them.

---
Pizza delivery! And here are your two free katana swords!

Eldon

Jan 30, 2009, 12:39:02 PM1/30/09
On Jan 30, 7:28 pm, fr...@skeptictank.org (Fredric L. Rice) wrote:
> tikk <tr...@tikk.net> wrote:
> >I received a legal threat from Diskeeper yesterday and have posted the
> >threat, along with my response, here:
> >http://realitybasedcommunity.net/archive/2009/01/veiled_legal_th.php
>
> That's really strange. In a gross overview it looks like the Scientology
> fuckers just want people to stop talking about them.

You mean they're finally starting to cognite that they can no longer
shudder people into silence? That realization is only about a decade
late.

Fredric L. Rice

Feb 1, 2009, 1:12:11 PM2/1/09
Eldon <Eldo...@aol.com> wrote:
>On Jan 30, 7:28 pm, fr...@skeptictank.org (Fredric L. Rice) wrote:
>> tikk <tr...@tikk.net> wrote:
>> >I received a legal threat from Diskeeper yesterday and have posted the
>> >threat, along with my response, here:
>> >http://realitybasedcommunity.net/archive/2009/01/veiled_legal_th.php
>> That's really strange. In a gross overview it looks like the Scientology
>> fuckers just want people to stop talking about them.
>You mean they're finally starting to cognite that they can no longer
>shudder people into silence? That realization is only about a decade late.

It wouldn't surprise me if "Hubbard Management" covers the need to
commit perjury, racketeering, extortion, and baseless legal threats,
and it wouldn't surprise me that a rabid Scientology kook like the
clowns running that company buy in to it completely.