NEWS: Disputed Sect Wish To Seize Oslo

Andreas Heldal-Lund - www.xenu.net

May 22, 2001, 2:13:31 PM5/22/01
A major newspaper in Norway, Aftenposten, had an article
today about CoS:

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/iriks/oslo/d211509.htm

Some translated quotes:

"DISPUTED SECT WISH TO SEIZE OSLO

"Matthias Fosse, Scientologist on the offensive in Oslo
Church of Scientology is back [to former heights]. The
new-religious movements wants to fivefold number of members.

"They have been criticized for brainwashing and for
charging sky-high prices for courses that's never ended.
After lawsuits and a lot of bad publicity in the eighties
and nineties, the Church of Scientology in Oslo is giving
everything they got in Oslo again:

"- Books about Scientology can now be bought in kiosks
in the Oslo area
- The movement has moved into new and larger offices in the
center
- Will be more visible in town
- Has as one goal to fivefold number of members within few
years
- Will apply to be recognized as a [belief society]

"-We want new people to get in contact with us, says the
information secretary Matthias Fosse. He proudly shows the
new movie hall and student center in Storgata. After some
years in Lille Grensen the Scientologists are now back in
the same neighborhood as they were during their days of
glory in the eighties."

"Lately a sign outside the office has announced 'We are
hiring people in the Church of Scientology'. Today there
are about 150 active Scientologists in Norway."

"Fosse admits that earlier some in the management of the
sect was a bit too eager in the economical area [...]"

Fact box on CoS:

"BACKGROUND
This is the Church of Scientology
- Was formed in USA in 1954 by science fiction author
Lafayette Ronald Hubbard after having developed through
early fifties from Dianetics
- Strict hierarchic organization which today claim to have
about eight million members worldwide
- Wants to 'complete humanities current search and explain
our existence in a new and final way'
- Course in Scientology is focused on developing abilities.
In this comprehensive course activity they use among other
things Dianetics, a method to prepare humans spiritual and
thereby physical life
- Has status as religion in USA and Sweden and enjoy tax-
exemption
- The movement arrived in Norway in the middle of the
seventies"

Then there is an article about Magne Berge, the only SP 9 in Norway:

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/iriks/oslo/d211511.htm

"WAS RUINED BY THE SCIENTOLOGISTS:
- THE SOUL, TIME AND MONEY DEPART

"He was a member of the Church of Scientology for five years
and collected debts for [NOK] 300,000. Magne Berge is now
warning against the methods of the sect.

He broke out of the movement after having been economically
ruined on self help courses and Scientology books. After fighting
for several years Magne Berge won in 1997 in high court. The
Norwegian Church of Scientology had to pay [NOK] 600,000 in
compensation in addition to legal cost. Berge got private loans
for totally 300,000 kroner to pay for courses and books. - I could
not end one course before I had signed up for a new one. That
went on for five years, Berge says."

"- I was mentally broken after a divorce, I would not have
joined this circus if not. People must be aware that if they
let themselves be tricked by the Scientologists they will
experience their soul, time and money depart, Berge says.

"But he believes the Scientologists have learned after the
golden age in the eighties and all the lawsuits thereafter:

"- They probably don't dare to create new debt victims. They are
inventive and will likely limit themselves to only take the money
you earn..."

Best wishes,
Andreas Heldal-Lund, Nunsteinvegen 9, N-4056 Tananger, Norway
Pho: +47 90 04 32 99 Fax: 90 32 35 46 E-mail: a...@xenu.net
home.sol.no/~spirous www.xenu.net www.hedning.no/hedning
"Against human nature one cannot legislate. One can only try to
educate it, and it is a slow process with only a distant hope
of success. - Bernard Bernstein

Phil Scott

May 22, 2001, 2:41:10 PM5/22/01

There is a slim chance that the cult will try to shape
up, it doesnt need the rip off money from 'students'
anymore however, it has all the money and power it
needs now from industrial, political and military
espionage, graft laundering and 'extremely inventive
real estate deals'.

It needs new culties now to man the espionage
operations and get more Hubbard indoctrinated people
into cultie and non cultie businesses in order to
stabilize and expand that influence.

One thing most culties dont know. When they get
audited or security checked and 'tell all'...
especially related to thier employment or friends or
associates... they HAVE become part of the cults
intelligence gathering and espionage activity.

Here is how that works. Say an innocent type cultie
goes to work for a company as a secretary and notices
the boss gets calls from women not his wife. She
tells that in session. Now the cult has blackmail on
her employer to be used or not used, depending on the
need.

If the cult is after the boss, then that bit of data
given up by the secretary becomes the hammer they use
to beat him into the dirt with. The cultie involved
has no clue that they were being used that way.

Same with industrial trade and military secrets
(Greece), marketing strategies, insider stock
information etc. Through the use of auditing and
security checks on otherwise innocent people the cult
management gains valuable, (real valuable) data it can
sell to others, includingto mention just two industrial
competitors, and US intelligence. (who protects the
cult).

Phil Scott

Roland

May 22, 2001, 2:44:04 PM5/22/01
Andreas Heldal-Lund - www.xenu.net wrote:

> A major newspaper in Norway, Aftenposten, had an article
> today about CoS:
>
> http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/iriks/oslo/d211509.htm
>
> Some translated quotes:
>
> "DISPUTED SECT WISH TO SEIZE OSLO
>
> "Matthias Fosse, Scientologist on the offensive in Oslo
> Church of Scientology is back [to former heights]. The
> new-religious movements wants to fivefold number of members.

Why not? If not Norway then where else? I reckon they've got some of the
thickest people in the world among their members and where better to
waste time than in a cult? Maybe if they joined Scioentology they could
stare into space and jabber nonsense and stop getting in people's way.
Better that than my having to watch them bash their fists against train
doors in the UK when there is a bloody great lit up red button by the
side of the door with the word OPEN on it. Present company excluded, of
course. Mind you, they're not as bad as the bloody French standing on
the side of the escalators you're supposed to walk up. Or the bloody
Italians or Spanish or any swarthy looking bastards who push in to the
front of queues. Or those bloody Americans with their fat arses stuffed
into crimplene trousers who want to go to places in London like
"Lei--Ces--ter Square" that nobody has ever heard of. Sheesh!

Roland
--
"I notice that we all believe that Venus has a methane atmosphere and
is unlivable. I almost got run down by a freight locomotive the other

Icee

May 22, 2001, 6:54:32 PM5/22/01

"Andreas Heldal-Lund - www.xenu.net" <a...@xenu.net> wrote in message

I went to the url of Aftenposten and read that they are going
to pull people in from the streets with a personality test. Nothing
new in their approach there. Just the same old congame.

I also read that their startingpoint would be not to let minors
take the test. Does anyone believe this? They thrive and lure
like jackals on the innocent youth because they have not been
molded yet. Tjeesezz I was 15!

Icee.

Rod Keller

May 22, 2001, 9:15:41 PM5/22/01
Andreas Heldal-Lund - www.xenu.net (a...@xenu.net) wrote:
: A major newspaper in Norway, Aftenposten, had an article

Here's the english verion on their web site

Scientologists launch recruiting drive
Aftenposten
22.05.01
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/d211629.htm

The controversial Church of Scientology hopes to massively boost its Oslo
membership during the next few months. After several years of lying low, a
new recruitment effort is in full swing.

Scientology books are for sale in Oslo-area kiosks, church officials have
moved into new and bigger offices downtown and current members will boost
their presence on city streets. The goal is to boost membership five times
over.

"We want people to come in contact with us," said Matthias Fosse,
information secretary for the church. He said the church currently has
about 150 active members in Norway.

The church has been criticized for allegedly brainwashing members,
demanding high prices for courses and acting like a sect. It faced several
lawsuits and bad publicity in the 1980s and '90s but now aims for renewed
popularity.

The church first launched activities in Norway in the mid-1970s. It claims
8 million members on a worldwide basis.

EldonB123

May 23, 2001, 12:14:45 AM5/23/01
<< Scientologists launch recruiting drive
Aftenposten
22.05.01
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/d211629.htm >>

Hahahaha. The old 8 million worldwide members line repeated again. Poor Norway.
Probably doesn't have more than 250 or so these days.

Best, Eldon
Eldo...@aol.com

Hartley Patterson

May 23, 2001, 6:03:18 PM5/23/01
Rod Keller quoted:

> Scientologists launch recruiting drive
> Aftenposten
> 22.05.01
> http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/d211629.htm

> "We want people to come in contact with us," said Matthias Fosse,

> information secretary for the church. He said the church currently has
> about 150 active members in Norway.

An unhelpful stat, as European CoS spokespersons usually give the size of
their mailing list. However it's in line with the actual membership
figures for other countries and for a single Org.

> The church first launched activities in Norway in the mid-1970s. It claims
> 8 million members on a worldwide basis.

So that's Norway off the list of hiding places for the missing 7,400,000
Scientologists (TM) anyway.

--
"I think of my beautiful city in flames"
http://www.newsfrombree.co.uk