(MPES) 10 Michael Pattinson's experiences with Scientology Part 10

michael pattinson

Aug 30, 2003, 11:35:08 PM8/30/03
part 10.

I only learned about the existence of these false reports from a
friend in Copenhagen who had seen copies of them sent on internal C.of
S. lines (Daniele Lattanzi).

On May 8 1991 I went to the Paris Celebrity Centre to obtain copies of
the reports, and, after much persuasion, I obtained them. I wrote
immediate requests for correction. No corrections were ever granted,
even up to today.
In May 1991 Sarit Rosenberg used her position as President of the
Celebrity Centre to have issued the "Non Enturbulation Order" she had
threatened me with on April 9th. I had not even been in the Celebrity
Centre since then except to obtain the report copies. I had not been
there to upset anyone. It was merely a continuation of her (and OSA
Paris) personal vendetta against me using her official position in the
Church of Scientology as a weapon. In the order Sarit had me "removed"
from my franchise position with "W.I.S.E." with no authority to do so,
and I thereby lost all the money I paid in for the Charter Committee
franchise ($6,000.00) The ethics orders were made public, discrediting
my name and reputation falsely and were left posted on the public
notice board for months.

More false reports on supposed bad actions I was supposed to have
undertaken (all erroneous and based in opinions rather than any facts)
were written by staff of Celebrity Centre Paris in May 1991.
All of the things I write here are fully documented. They were also
included in "discovery" in the Pattinson case in Los Angeles.

Towards the end of May 1991 Sarit started to use the Church of
Scientology Celebrity Centre Paris to wage a "Black P.R. campaign"
against both my professional career and my personal reputation. She
used her position to interfere actively with my artists association by
forcing friends of mine to call me (under threat themselves from
Sarit) to tell me that they had been ordered to "disconnect from me"
and that they were asking for the immediate refund of the subscription
they had paid in to be a member of my association. They said they were
happy to be members, but that Sarit had used her post to force them to
ask for a refund under duress. I paid all these people back as they
had requested,though it is no business of the Church of Scientology to
do such actions as these. The persons concerned were; Noel Hamman,
Xavier Deluc, Antoine Tome, Maryline Dupoux and Jacques Leservot.

It was through these people,and other friends of mine that were
connected to the C.of S. Celebrity Centre Paris that I first heard
back, on public, rumour and innuendo lines, the contents of my
confessional actions, which were suposed to have been kept in the
trust of the C.of S. It was being used to discredit me publicly, even
though it had been volunteered as part of church so-called
"priest-penitent procedures" and kept on those exact lines.

Suddenly, on May 25th 1991 I got a phone call from Miss McNocher, on
the Freewinds ship saying that she had received more reports on me and
that the Religious Technology Centre had become alarmed at the
contents. She said, in no uncertain terms, that unless I arrived at
the freewinds that weekend (she called Friday afternoon) I would be
"declared S.P." (that is the Scientology "excommunication" from the
group I had been threatened with earlier by Sarit Rosenberg).
Basically, I had to pay for a flight to Nassau, Bahamas, stay a time
on the Freewinds ($1,500 per week at the time) and get there the day
after next, abandon my work, and pay other costs all because Sarit
Rosenberg had written lies about me. This, in addition to all the
other actions taken against me by the C.of S. were too much, and I had
what amounted to a nervous breakdown. I called my parents in England
and told them about what was occurring.
They offered to send me the money they were just about to use for
their summer vacation so I could go to the Freewinds and sort things
out.
Things were getting crazy but they were about to get crazier. I was a
Scientology O.T8 celebrity being treated as an "enemy" both for being
gay and for forming an artists' association!

OSA's attacks on me, with cooperation of the Rosenbergs, as outlined
in the DEPT OF SPECIAL AFFAIRS INVESTIGATOR FULL HAT CHECKSHEET I
referred to in a previous posting were being enacted to try to destroy
my whole existence but I did not know that at the time. I have only
discovered that a few weeks ago (2003, summer).

I managed to arrive at the Freewinds on the Sunday morning. Miss
McNocher asked me to write up all the facts that I had on the reports
she had received and I spent two days doing that. I wrote the truth.
They went to Mrs Supak. The answer came back as the program I
previously mentioned, plus an invalidation of all I had written up as
reports,saying that they didn't believe a word I said. Why not?
"Because I was gay, therefore supposedly at "covert hostility" on
Hubbard's Tone Scale of emotions and those people are liars etc...."
What they failed to observe was that writing reports is not a sexual
activity (duh) and was not subject to that stupid attribute of "1.1"
(covert hostility). Hubbard hated gays as "1.1" and that hate had by
then apparently spread to me through robotic staff members.

Sarit had already smashed my reputation on the Freewinds, apparently,
in April. I asked for references from the Founder of Scientology,
L.Ron Hubbard, to back up what was being done. Miss McNocher would not
give me any. Instead, as a reaction against my protests against the
incorrect "handlings"which were very "non-Scientology" (as there had
been-no verification of facts in the reports before acting on them in
my disfavor) Miss McNocher said that Margaret Supak had ordered a
Committee of Evidence (Scientology's most severe justice committee)
against me. Then she ordered me to go back home to Paris and come back
to the Freewinds when the Committee was ready to sit and meet me. I
requested to be faced with my accusers. This was never granted.

When I got home I wrote to Mr. David Miscavige, the Chairman of the
Board of the Religious Technology Center in Los Angeles, to ask that
the Committee be done in Europe where I could face my accusers and
sort the matter out. I got no answer until too late. I was back on the
Freewinds on June 25th when his letter arrived transferring the
Committee of Evidence to Copenhagen, Denmark. So, I had paid for
another trip to the Freewinds for nothing!

I was treated as some kind of "criminal" by the staff on the ship, and
the trip was EXTREMELY unpleasant. As I had arrived on the Freewinds I
was considered as a "public on board" and counted in the statistics. I
was about to leave as I needed to go back to Europe for the Committee
of Evidence. Miss Mc. Nocher called me into her office and informed me
that I could not leave before purchasing 12.5 hours of auditing,
ordered by Mrs Supak. This would cost $7,400. I told her that I
absolutely could not afford this, as all the troubles with the church
had cost me valuable production time and I had no money to pay for it.
This happened in Aruba island on June 26 1991. She said that my
passport would be held back from me until I paid the money. I went to
get my passport, as I refused to be held under such "extortion". I did
not want to buy the auditing, and I did not have the money to pay for
it. The passport officer on the Freewinds refused to give me my
passport without the written consent of Mrs Supak, The only way to get
off the ship was to go down to the banks in Aruba and use my credit
cards and checks to get sufficient funds to pay the funds demanded. I
was given the unwanted and unecessary auditing for just a couple of
hours, on something in which I had no interest, and then I was allowed
to leave. They had their $7,400 to count in the week's stats so I no
longer was of interest. I was a very, very dissatisfied customer!! It
was one of the worst moments of my life.

In August 1991, despite huge financial difficulties from the previous
events, I went to Copenhagen, Denmark, for the Committee of Evidence.
It went well and promised to be favorable to me, but before it could
be published it was cancelled by a church Amnesty in September 1991.
All the trouble and expense was for nothing.
Even though the Amnesty had, apparently, cleared my ethics file of
anything I might have done in the past, in October 1991 the Paris
Celebrity Centre resumed their attacks against me. I had started a new
business with a Mr, Bruno Spinozzi. We had partnered in a greetings
card business using my photography of roses and flowers.

We had just done our first trade show, with some beginning success,
and were proceeding to expand the company by further investment. Mr.
Spinozzi was called in to the Paris Church of Scientology Celebrity
Centre and was told that I was an "undesirable" un-Scientologist, and
that he would have to "disconnect" from me or his future in
Scientology would be at risk. He was fed false information (totally
lies) until he had to give in to their demands. This was done in "HCO"
(the Hubbard Communications Office) in the C.of S. building, Rue
Legendre, Paris. Bruno came to see me, saying that he was disgusted at
the kind of person I was (from what he had been told at the church),
and that he was stopping the business partnership he had with me, and
that I should buy him out immediately. This effectively collapsed the
business, even though I did make the arrangements to buy him out and
let him go. I was then left with the stocks of product and nobody to
sell them. This cost me a whole business. It was a deliberate attack
on me by OSA.

As the Church's Paris Celebrity Centre was continuing to try to
destroy my life, reputation, my business and my friendships, I wrote a
request to the Los Angeles Headquarters to request a Comittee of
Evidence to clear my name. This request was made in October 1991.
The Committee was held in Copenhagen in May 1992.

By October 1992 there was still no news of any findings or
recommendations by the Committee.After some energetic faxing and
writing to Los Angeles the results eventually came out in November
1992. I was found to be not guilty of any of the charges made against
me.
All copies (all of them) were sent to Celebrity Centre Paris for
distribution and posting on the public notice board. They trashed
every copy so no one could find out that my name had been cleared. I
did not even receive a copy myself. I had to find out what the result
of my Committee of Evidence was by calling a friend in Los Angeles,
have him travel to the Justice Office of the Church, get the only
remaining copy and fax me its contents! The results cleared my name of
the false accusations, but did nothing to repair the damage from costs
incurred in doing so. By this time, and since then it has cost me well
over a hundred thousand dollars to clear my name of the falsehoods
circulated about me by the C.of S. Paris Celebrity Centre and OSA
Paris.

I was still fighting to get justice served and get back my OT8 status
and good standing. I don't give up easily. When I came to the Flag
Land Base in Clearwater for auditing services in 1993 I had to spend
several thousand dollars on new confessional procedures to see if I
"had done bad things to the Paris Celebrity Centre". There was not
much at all on that, but it wasted my counselling time that I had
bought for not much result at all.

As part of my own personal investigations of what was behind the
attacks from the Paris church I had discovered many other persons (a
list of 40, minimum) that had received lesser, but similarly
disturbing treatment by OSA and this couple (the Rosenbergs) without
ever getting proper repair or correction. I reported this directly to
the C.of S. International Management in June 1993. This was on the
Freewinds ship. On that same trip I was appointed an "O.T. Ambassador"
for the C.of S. by the Executive Director International, Guillaume
Lesevre.

At the end of that trip, as an O.T. Ambassador, I was given, by the
new ethics staff member on the Freewinds, Sharon Straas, a public
issue Scientology administrative document concerning the ethics lapses
of Mr, Rosenberg, and that a Committee of Evidence had
been called on him to look at his wrong use of L.Ron Hubbard's
technology
in the running of the Paris Celebrity Centre. As I had just been
appointed
as the only O.T. Ambassador" for France, with the job of seeing to
correct
uses of the technologies in Paris I felt I should assist in the full
application
of the Committee of Evidence on Mr. Rosenberg. In order to ensure that
the
most data could be obtained from anyone who may have known something
about
the matter, so all factors could be taken into account I distributed
21 copies
of the document (it had no distribution limitations on it) to other
O.T.8s
in Paris plus a couple of people who had information to give about it.
What I did not know, however, as I did not visit the Celebrity Centre,
was that Mr. Rosenberg had kept the fact that he was called to a
Committee of Evidence in Los Angeles a secret from the church group
there in Paris. He had said to the staff that he was going to Los
Angeles for "a brief administrative correction" only. The lid was
blown off this lie by my sending out copies to selected individuals.
What the response was is worthy of note,

***************************************
Comments saved till end of MPES 11.

Phil Scott

Aug 31, 2003, 4:25:44 PM8/31/03
Man! what a heart wrenching mess... thanks for the write ups...it lets
thousands of others know that they are not alone. Many lives have
been ruined utterly first by Elrong...then by the cult of vicious
morons and criminals he founded. .. "anything is right as long as it
forwards the local stat" a prescription for absolute disaster.

Phil Scott