Inside RPF Denmark (III): Cult accused of brainwashing

Thomas Gandow

Jul 30, 2001, 3:57:08 AM7/30/01
Cult accused of brainwashing
by Pierre Collignon, unofficial anonymous English translation

Jyllands-Posten (Copenhagen, Denmark) January 14, 2001

A German Federal State accuses Scientology of running an
inhuman punitive camp in Copenhagen--but Danish police do not believe
there are grounds for intervention.
The war between German authorities and Scientology is now
reaching Denmark. The Interior Ministry in the Federal State of
Hamburg reproaches the Danish police and government for letting
Scientology run a "totalitarian reformatory" in Copenhagen without
impediments.
Scientology's European headquarters are situated in Copenhagen
and members from the entire continent are sent here, when they break
the internal rules of the movement. The members have to go through a
rehabilitation program--the so-called RPF--which implies up to
several years of hard physical labour for a token payment, intense
schooling in the teachings of Scientology, and complete separation
from family members.
"This program is brainwashing as we know it from
dictatorships. People are held against their will, and they experience
physical and psychological pressure until they obey. It is a matter of
misunderstood tolerance if Denmark does not intervene in these
violations of human rights," Ursula Caberta says. She is the head of a
special task force within the Interior Ministry in Hamburg which
investigates Scientology.

Repudiates accusations of coercion

Scientology states that 10-15 people are currently in the
disputed rehabilitation program in Copenhagen, but the movement
repudiates the accusations of coercion. According to Scientology it is
a voluntary offer made only to members of the "elite corps"--the "Sea
Organisation".
Today, Jyllands-Posten can disclose Scientology's
rehabilitation rules, which are usually confidential. Former members
of the movement speak of being humiliated, starved, and exposed to
hours of interrogations during their time at the RPF--and according
to Scientology's own documents the following restrictions during the
"rehabilitation" are valid:
They are not to see their families.
They are not to address other people.
They are not to leave Scientology's buildings on their own.
They are not to drive a car.
They are to wear a black armband and live segregated from the
other Scientologists.
They are to run instead of walk.
Scientology tries to achieve official recognition as a
religious community in Denmark, and the movement stresses that the RPF
program has to be compared to the trials that Christian or Buddhist
monks undergo of their own free will. Several experts agree with
Scientology on this, but they also warn against excessive tolerance.

Lack of evidence

"You have to speak to the people who go through this program
to find out why they are doing it. If some of them feel offended, then
encroachments may have taken place--and then society must intervene,"
Michael Rothstein says. He is a historian of religions at the
University of Copenhagen.
The Danish police investigated accusations of illegal
coercion in Scientology in the mid-1980s, but the case was abandoned
for lack of evidence. Today, the police are not going to go any
further--unless they receive an official German application via
Interpol.
"In Denmark we have an extensive freedom of associations, and
we don't go around investigating people just because we don't like
them," detective inspector Kurt Jensen of the Copenhagen Police
states.

FLAG ORDER 3434RE-23

Restrictions in the "Rehabilitation Project Force"

The RPF-member:
A. Joins the RPF in a condition no higher than "Liability" (i.e. the
person in question has been a strain on Scientology).
B. Has no liberties until the RPF in completed.
C. Is limited to the Base at all times. Any movement outside the Base
must be escorted by another member of staff.
D. Has no right to annual vacation from the Sea Organisation.
E. Will receive 25% of his pay during the RPF and has no right to
receive a bonus.
F. Only sleeps in an area which is separate RPF quartering.
G. May not initiate written or verbal communication to people outside
the RPF. (This means that the RPFers have to wait until they are
spoken to before communicating with others. The regulations recommend
that you stay in touch with your family "as required".)
H. Will have his rank automatically reduced by two ranks when assigned
to the RPF.
I. Will have his rank suspended until completion of the RPF.
J. Is a part of the RPF mess, which is separate from the staff mess.
K. May not participate in staff parties or other staff or public
events.
L. Is denied ordinary use of the canteen.
M. Will have no smoking breaks and is not allowed to smoke indoors.
N. Wears a black armband on his right sleeve.
O. Must move quickly and run at the bases of the Sea Organisation.
P. Is not allowed in the staff or public areas unless it is necessary
in order to perform assigned duties--and then only under the
supervision of a section leader.
Q. May never use the staff's or the public recreational facilities.
R. Has to endure extra time at the RPF for violations of the
regulations, lack of ability to produce, lack of willingness to go
straight, or other offences.
S. Must do his own laundry.
T. May not use the same bathing or toilet facilities as staff or
publics.
U. May not take alcohol or narcotics.
V. May not bring into the RPF any kind of radio, TV, recorded music,
musical instruments, periodicals, novels, games, cameras, or any other
form of entertainment or luxuries in order not to distract from the
intense study and work program. This does not include Scientology
publications.
W. May not wield any vehicle or heavy machinery.
X. Remains in the RPF segregated from staff.

Source: Scientology. The set of rules is here brought in an
abbreviated version.

Nelson

Jul 30, 2001, 7:24:43 AM7/30/01
"Today, the police are not going to go any
further--unless they receive an official German application via
Interpol.
"In Denmark we have an extensive freedom of associations, and
we don't go around investigating people just because we don't like
them," detective inspector Kurt Jensen of the Copenhagen Police
states."

LOL,,,interpol? Where do they think interpol came from and who do they think
started it and why? Germany or course. Ex-SS staffed it for years right up
to 1979 I think.
But it's good to see the detective inspector does not buy the german hate
propaganda.

--
Best Regards = Nelson

"The very basis of human rights is freedom from false accusation and from
brutality and punishment without offense." L. Ron Hubbard

"Thomas Gandow" <gan...@dialogzentrum.de> wrote in message

Kreb Dragonrider

Jul 30, 2001, 3:17:29 PM7/30/01
An powerful intentention beam (more powerful than you think!) is on
the way to Copenhagen to liberate the RPF prisoners...

Kreb SP1.

Bid

Jul 29, 2001, 2:32:21 PM7/29/01
On 30 Jul 2001 12:17:29 -0700, krebdra...@lineone.net (Kreb
Dragonrider) wrote:

>An powerful intentention beam (more powerful than you think!) is on
>the way to Copenhagen to liberate the RPF prisoners...
>
>Kreb SP1.

Sounds like a very good idea !! Please tell me when this is going to
happen so I could be there. I am very close to Copenhagen :-)

Bid

Icee

Jul 31, 2001, 5:30:05 PM7/31/01

"Bid" <Angel_...@galacticfederation.homeip.net> schreef in bericht

> On 30 Jul 2001 12:17:29 -0700, krebdra...@lineone.net (Kreb
> Dragonrider) wrote:
>
> >An powerful intentention beam (more powerful than you think!) is on
> >the way to Copenhagen to liberate the RPF prisoners...
> >
> >Kreb SP1.
>
> Sounds like a very good idea !! Please tell me when this is going to
> happen so I could be there. I am very close to Copenhagen :-)

Let's plan who is going to which implant station, Bid. How many ex-
RPF'ers can your station hold these days? We certainly can't have them
running around free in Copenhagen without giving them another chance
to rehabilitate in the good old Marcabian manner.

Icee.

Bid

Jul 29, 2001, 5:16:24 PM7/29/01

Having them running free in Copenhagen is not to think about, but the
old Marcabian manner is too expensive until we have established
enought funds. I am trying to sell letter stamps to Arnie, but he is
out of funds too.

We could take a lot here at Implant Station 6 but the exact number is
not calculated yet. I am thinking about to use an old house out in
area (B) which has not seen a repairman since 1857. The problem to
feed them could be solved as a nearby farmer is growing pies on his
fields.

Do you think it would be a good project to get the house renovated
this way ? I mean they are used to this kind of work. Would it be
enought food with only the pies from the field and if so ... how big
is the risk that the neightbors are getting shot or poisoned from the
pie missiles?

Bid - The Angel of Xenu and ARSCC (wdne)

Icee

Jul 31, 2001, 8:41:03 PM7/31/01

> On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:30:05 +0200, "Icee" <ic...@planet.nl> wrote:
>

> >"Bid" <Angel_...@galacticfederation.homeip.net> schreef in bericht

> >> Sounds like a very good idea !! Please tell me when this is going to
> >> happen so I could be there. I am very close to Copenhagen :-)
> >
> >Let's plan who is going to which implant station, Bid. How many ex-
> >RPF'ers can your station hold these days? We certainly can't have them
> >running around free in Copenhagen without giving them another chance
> >to rehabilitate in the good old Marcabian manner.
> >
> >Icee.
>
> Having them running free in Copenhagen is not to think about, but the
> old Marcabian manner is too expensive until we have established
> enought funds. I am trying to sell letter stamps to Arnie, but he is
> out of funds too.
>
> We could take a lot here at Implant Station 6 but the exact number is
> not calculated yet. I am thinking about to use an old house out in
> area (B) which has not seen a repairman since 1857. The problem to
> feed them could be solved as a nearby farmer is growing pies on his
> fields.

Pies are the best kind of food methinks. No cooking or washing up
either, which is a waste of time in my book. And you keep the farmer
happy if you trade the pies against some free workers. That way he'll
never complain about any 'funny fruitfarm' as his neighbour when he
makes more profit for the rest of his harvest.

> Do you think it would be a good project to get the house renovated
> this way ?

While in RPF they can run around a pole up till 14 hours a day and
even don't get time off to deliver a baby, I'd say you would have a
pretty tough slave squadron there.

>I mean they are used to this kind of work. Would it be
> enought food with only the pies from the field and if so ... how big
> is the risk that the neightbors are getting shot or poisoned from the
> pie missiles?

After RPF they will do just fine on pies. If they want more, have them
work for the neighbours in their spare time. Sorry forgot - they don't
get any spare time. Well never mind, it's not like it's a vacation in a
hotel. Rehab has to be earned the hard way.
You should ask Keith Henson for advise about the pie missiles. He
probably knows the coordination for launching pie missiles as well as
some kind of devise to put in them to miss their destinations.

Do you need Nessie in the beginning to start the whole circus?
He sure runs a hell of a place with quite a reputation. No one
dares to complain here.
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/mgormez/clearwater/

Icee.

http://www.taxexemptchildabuse.net/

Rev Fredric L. Rice

Jul 31, 2001, 9:50:30 PM7/31/01
"Icee" <ic...@planet.nl> wrote:

...cuts...

>You should ask Keith Henson for advise about the pie missiles. He
>probably knows the coordination for launching pie missiles as well as
>some kind of devise to put in them to miss their destinations.

A launch platform for pies? How about a guided clown?

---
Send information concerning incidents of racketeering and
terrorism by the Scientology cult to the Domestic Terrorism
Task Force at nor...@fbi.gov http://www.skeptictank.org/
Scientology's L. Ron Hubbard: http://www.RonTheNut.ORG/
PGP Key: http://www.skeptictank.org/frice.pgp

Icee

Aug 1, 2001, 7:11:02 PM8/1/01

"Rev Fredric L. Rice" <fr...@SPAMNOTskeptictank.org> schreef in bericht

> "Icee" <ic...@planet.nl> wrote:
>
> ...cuts...
>
> >You should ask Keith Henson for advise about the pie missiles. He
> >probably knows the coordination for launching pie missiles as well as
> >some kind of devise to put in them to miss their destinations.
>
> A launch platform for pies? How about a guided clown?

Ooops, forgot the :-) above. Didn't think it was needed.

Icee.

Boudewijn van Ingen

Aug 1, 2001, 8:54:59 PM8/1/01

Doesn't matter, an unguided clown is much better anyway. ;-)

Groeten,
Boudewijn.

Rev Fredric L. Rice

Aug 1, 2001, 11:28:44 PM8/1/01

But an unguided _miget_ clown like what runs Scientology is even better
than that.

Boudewijn van Ingen

Aug 2, 2001, 12:16:22 AM8/2/01
On Thu, 02 Aug 2001 03:28:44 GMT, fr...@SPAMNOTskeptictank.org (Rev
Fredric L. Rice) wrote:

>bo...@xs4all.nl (Boudewijn van Ingen) wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 01:11:02 +0200, "Icee" <ic...@planet.nl> wrote:
>
>>>"Rev Fredric L. Rice" <fr...@SPAMNOTskeptictank.org> schreef in bericht
>>>Ooops, forgot the :-) above. Didn't think it was needed.
>>>Icee.
>
>>Doesn't matter, an unguided clown is much better anyway. ;-)
>
>But an unguided _miget_ clown like what runs Scientology is even better
>than that.

And if (s)he could be missing the point, that would even better... ;-)

Groeten,
Boudewijn.