(MPES) 7 Michael Pattinson's Experiences with Scientology. Part 7

michael pattinson

Aug 30, 2003, 2:08:20 AM8/30/03
(MPES) 7

In January 1986, we in Clearwater got a call from Flag to come to a
vital briefing that night in the auditorium. I think it was 24th or
thereabouts.

The auditoruim was packed. David Miscavige came on stage, with other
people and they announced that L.Ron Hubbard had "finished his
research and that his human body was holding him back so he had
dropped it and gone on to the next planet to be cleared. We were in
total shock. They went on to say, taking turns at giving information
(Pat and Annie Broeker, Earl Cooley and David Miscavige)that he had
consulted with him (Pat) prior to dropping his body and asked if
Scientologists would grieve at his passing. Pat had replied yes.
Apparently Hubbard had instructed him to tell people not to grieve and
to focus on the job ahead, and to use his legacy of tech to save
mankind.

Earl Cooley, one of a small army of Scientology attorneys at the time
but one who was particularly close to top management, came up to the
microphone and told us essentially that Ron's body was still perfectly
functional when he left it and that his instructions were to have a
burial at sea (ashes) and that that had been done swiftly so there was
no grave to visit or tomb to flock to. We were then distracted from
the news by talk about Ron's ranch, his OT research and content
designed to take attention off the fact that we had lost "Source". Ron
had been regarded as the "God" of Scientology, and now he was gone.
Pat Broeker came out with a slide projected on a big screen that was a
set of 33 triple numbers with commas separating them. He said that
this was a date from OT10 and that it was an enormous breakthrough in
the tech of auditing. One million has just 2 commas; this one had 32.
The number was unimaginable. He also said Ron had defined music as
"something that softens the impact of time on OTs". The data was
fascinating but bewildering. No-one there, as far as I could see, had
really moved past the point of Ron being dead and gone, cremated,
thrown away and disappeared, all so soon.

We had to go back home, call all our Scientology friends, no ,matter
what time of day or night it was in Europe, or anywhere else, and tell
them the version of the news we had just heard before anyone would
read about it in the newspapers next day. I called several friends
overseas and got them to relay the message immediately. In this way
the newspaper reports were softened on the Scientologists all over the
world. Two days later the Challenger blew up and Hubbard's death left
the main pages of the newsmedia.

I had been shocked to the point of wanting to join the Sea Org as I
wanted to help mankind so much. That is just part of who I am. I
signed up and got a preparation program to pay off debts (I had
accumulated debt to get recent auditing at Flag). To cut a long story
very short I never entered the Sea Org as the more I tried to pay off
debt the worse business went. (Thank God for that, in retrospect!)

I continued my art, auditing on OT7 and socializing with
Scientologists in Clearwater until 1986, later in the year and then
moved to San Fransico area to try to get more art clients. I was off
OT7 for a while after a big upset that I had dropped my bid to join
the Sea Org and had annoyed several people because of it. It was just
not meant to be and I knew it. I lived in Palo Alto and another S.F
Bay area City, got some locals into Scientology and generally enjoyed
the area very much. I was not able to get an immigration visa or
residency so I left the USA in 1988 to return to Paris.

With having lived in so many places, toured with my art to so many
cities I had literally hundreds of Scientology friends, clients and
associates in many countries. I still have all their names and
addresses. I continued to audit on OT7 in Paris in 1988 and 1989. I
also went to the Celebrity Centre, where the Rosenbergs had been
reinstated a few years earlier after the initial finance police purges
were exhausted and finance police dissolved.

In 1989 I had started an idea of helping the Art world with some
special writings of my own, from my own experience and inspirations as
a professional artist. It was a freeing and uplifting set of ideas
that I started to write as articles for members of my proposed
club/association/movement, whatever you may want to call it. It was
originally going to be titled "Universal Renaissance". I was still
working on this (and still gay despite all the efforts I had made)
when I felt I had come to the completion of OT7. I went to Flag, got
checked out on all that was going on, and attested to "NEW OT7
COMPLETION" in December 1989.

After going through more "eligibilty programs", ethics handlings (on
being still a bit gay, lol)....I eventually went from Flag to the
Freewinds to do "NEW OT8"!! Wow, finally! Well, not so fast! When I
arrived there were still more "eligibility programs" to do, folders to
be checked with close scrutiny and baby steps to please the "Ethics
Officer", now called a "Master -at-arms" because we were on a ship. It
was rather pleasant being on a smart cruise ship for a while, but when
3 weeks had gone by and I was still not on OT8 I protested vehemently.
Others had arrived a long time after me and had sailed straight onto
OT8, so why not me?? Well, the folders had to be checked and
re-checked and, frankly the auditing folders became far more important
than me. I was disappointed to see the folders getting all the
attention and me very little. It was really as if I had to adapt
myself to ensure the folders were ready to go on to OT8 and not the
other way round.

I eventually got an "Invitation" to do NEW OT8 in January 1990.

WHAT I SAW, WHAT I LEARNED ON VARIOUS POINTS ABOVE WITH HINDSIGHT.

1. Ron had died under extremely suspicious circumstances. There is a
lot of internet factual record of that so I will just be brief on that
here. It seems that he died a disheveled and unkempt old guy with
psych drugs in his system (Vistaril) per the coroners report. Also,
his Will had been significantly changed THE DAY BEFORE HE SUPPOSEDLY
DIED. All photos taken of his body were intentionally destroyed. The
cremation had taken place very fast, almost weirdly fast. There were
many many really important questions not given answers but swept under
the rug, so to speak. It looks like like a massive cover-up.

2.Eligibilty programs are used to elicit extra contribution in effort,
support and monies from the Scientology "public". I had to prove I was
contributing to the expansion of Scientology, and not being an enemy
or a non-contributor, to get "invited" onto the secret OT levels.

3. OT7 took me 7 years to complete,and I audited well over 1000 hours
(solo) on it, all having to do with removing the excess of low spirits
(lol) or "body thetans" (also known on the web as "space cooties, dead
space aliens and Xenu entities) per the materials that have been
posted on the internet for free, but for which I had to pay tens of
thousands of dollars.

4. I was a slave to my folders, whose condition was, apparently, far
more important than mine. This was quite humiliating in actual
practice, though it may seem funny to some who have not experienced
that. If the folders weren't right **I** had to be changed to make
them right. Yikes. Hey maybe my paperwork went O.T instead of me?? ; )

************************

ShyDavid

Aug 30, 2003, 5:39:11 PM8/30/03
On 29 Aug 2003 23:08:20 -0700, kare...@msn.com (michael pattinson)
wrote:

> (MPES) 7

(Omitted)

Your Scientology experiences as related here in this series fills me
with sympathy for you and current Scientology customers. There's no
way I can know or understand what it is like to be so utterly used,
abused, defrauded, and discarded in such a vulgar, despicable way. I
hope I never do.

You wrote that you heard about OT8 and how it gives a person absolute
power over "MEST," and that you wanted such an ability. This desire
seems to me to be grossly selfish and arrogant: a trait I suspect most
Scientology customers share. That does not negate the desire among
victims of Scientology to "help mankind:" obviously that is also a
strong motivation, and should be lauded.

What I find very difficult as a concept to grasp is how a person can
believe that she or he can achieve magic powers and abilities equal to
that which one generally attributes to the gods. Nothing in all of
known human history has even hinted that such a thing is possible.
While humans are somewhat clever and somewhat creative, our skills at
such things are hugely limited. We can perform only a tiny fraction of
what our imagination wish and dream about doing.

Is it not OBVIOUS that people cannot, and therefore do not, move
objects just by wishing them moved? Is it not OBVIOUS that to move an
object, mere mental desire isn't enough? It is an observed fact, never
even once demonstrated to be false, that "paranormal abilities" (such
as ESP, "psychic" abilities, astrology, to name hundreds of fraudulent
beliefs) either do not exist or that humans cannot perform or observe
such abilities. No one has ever demonstrated a "psychic" ability: this
is an OBVIOUS fact, no less than the sun appearing in the East every
morning.

Scientology Inc. cannot create "Operating Thetans" because the
abilities and powers Scientology Inc. attributes to OTs do not exist.
This is OBVIOUS.

It is therefore a vast mystery to me how anyone can fall for
Scientology. To me, trying to understand such a person is like trying
to understand the thinking processes of a insect. It is so far beyond
my ken that I've given up even trying.

--
It is not treason to demand answers to why G.W. Bush lied.

"President" Bush2 was in one hell of a bind this week when it
turned out that Saudi Arabia funded the 9/11 attacks, not Iraq.
Realizing we'd invaded the wrong country, Bush did the
honorable thing: he's come out against homosexual marriages.