The Ever Changing Tech of Scientology

Jesse Prince

Jul 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/18/00

Stacy's essay about her perspective on Scientology auditing inspired me to
write something about auditing myself.

I spent sixteen years in the Sea Org. For twelve of those years I was what
they call a technical person, or techie. To be a techie in Scientology means
you are involved in auditing preclears, training auditors and course
supervisors, or correcting Scientologists who misapply L. Ron Hubbard's
auditing tech. Other people in Scientology take care of the administrative
side of things. A techie does nothing but take care of the tech.

Through the course of twelve years I studied and participated in every
aspect
of Scientology tech. Throughout that time there was only one thing that
remained constant: the tech changed all the time. It is the ever-changing
tech
in Scientology that I want to write about today.

First of all, I'll tell you about my introduction to the tech. Everything
I'm
going to say is based on my personal observations within Scientology and the
Sea Org from the years 1976-1992.

My auditing in Scientology started at the big blue Scientology complex in
Los
Angeles, the complex that used to be Cedars of Lebanon Hospital before
Scientology bought it. . This was back in 1976. At that time I had been in
Scientology for less than four months and I didn't like it. So I told a guy
named Wayne Marple that I wanted to leave Scientology and the Sea Org. Wayne
was a member of the Commodore's Messenger Org, or CMO, which meant it was
like
talking directly to LRH himself when you talked to Wayne. I was only
twenty-two, and I sure didn't know anything about how the CMO or the Sea Org
worked.

Now you have to understand that what I didn't know at the time was this:
Wayne
Marple was in charge of renovating the entire complex of buildings that
Scientology had just purchased for cash. He needed a huge construction crew,
and he wasn't about to let anyone go once he had his hands on them. That
included me.

Within minutes of my announcement, I was hauled away by no less than five
Sea
Org guys, all RPFers, who locked me in a room. They told me the only way I
would be allowed to leave Scientology or the Sea Org was via the
Rehabilitation Project Force - the RPF. I thought this was a joke. There was
no way I could be held prisoner by these people I hardly knew. My first
thought was to escape and run to the police. But I couldn't get away. I was
physically hauled off to the RPF and there was nothing I could do. I was a
little skinny kid back then. These were big, strong, crazy guys who took me
away and I was scared of them.

As the days and weeks went by I came to feel there was no escape for me. I
was
under guard day and night, locked in a room on the seventh floor of the
building known as Lebanon Hall, writing up O/Ws under orders of Wayne
Marple.
Being just barely twenty-two, I started to freak out. I told my captors I
just
wanted to go home. I begged them to please just let me leave. But these
RPFers
just laughed. They told me I had to do the RPF auditing program to get out
and
the sooner I started it the sooner I'd get out. I tried to explain to them
that I didn't want auditing or Scientology at all, that it was not for me,
but
to no avail. Emotional trauma aside, I decided I had to start doing
something
to get out and if that something was auditing, then I'd better get started.

That was how I got started on the Bridge to Total Freedom.

In less than three months I didn't have to be watched any more. I no longer
felt terrified at being held captive. Now they allowed me to be part of the
construction crew to renovate the Complex. I was in a dorm with seven other
guys, in the tunnels under the buildings. There were no lights down there
except in the halls, so when they turned the lights off at night it was
pitch
black. I knew my family and friends were wondering why they didn't see or
hear
from me any more, but I didn't much care. I was on a new program. Everything
had thought about life was changing. I just felt emotionally numb.

As I said, my first perception of auditing was that it was something I had
do to get out of the situation I was in. I didn't feel like I needed
"therapy"
or "training." I never considered that auditing was something I personally
needed, but something was happening to me mentally because I resisted
Scientology less and less. Stacy's conclusions about what can happen to a
person as a result of auditing -- false memory, mental conditioning, extreme
irresponsibility - that was what the lower levels of auditing were all about
for me.

After eighteen months, I was allowed to graduate from the RPF. This was
because the renovations of the Complex were finished, so a CMO mission fired
into the RPF to get us all off of it and get us posted in the orgs. While I
was in the RPF, my idea had been to learn as much as I could about the tech
as
quickly as possible because I had it in my head that that was how I could
get
out of there. So I learned all about the tech and held technical positions
while I was in the RPF. Because of this, the mission decided to put me on a
tech post when I got off the RPF. That was how I started on the road to
being
a techie for as long as I was in Scientology.

A new organization had just been formed to get staff up the Bridge. When two
people audit each other while they are learning how to audit it is called
co-auditing. That is how people get their auditing on the RPF, so I had a
lot
of experience with co-auditing by then. The Los Angeles area was known in
the
Sea Org (and still is, by the way) as Pacific Area Command, or PAC. So this
new org was called the PAC Co-Audit Org. I was posted as a co-audit
supervisor. I finished my Grades auditing while I was working in the PAC
Co-Audit Org, and in 1978 I attested to Dianetic Clear.

Immediately I went over to the Advanced Organization in Los Angeles, AOLA,
start my OT levels. Prior to Scientology, I had a real thirst to understand
more about the spiritual aspects of life. I wanted to know if it was really
possible for a person to be able to leave their body and do "soul
traveling."
As a result of my study of Hubbard's work, I thought maybe there were
answers
to my questions in Scientology. I thought I would find these answers on the
OT
levels.

Before I go on, I feel it is important to relate a story to you so you'll
understand why I was in such a hurry to get onto my OT levels.

I had a dear friend in Scientology. Out of respect for his privacy I won't
say
his name. I'll just call him Tom. We had gotten into the Sea Org at the same
time and we were good friends. His mother was not on staff. She was on lines
at AOLA as a public Scientologist. I enjoyed meeting with Tom and his mother
because she always carried a copy or two of the Advance Magazine, which is a
publication about the OT services at AOLA. Tom's mother would tell us about
her new "abilities" resulting from auditing on the OT levels. She would tell
us how she was able to move objects with her mind alone, influence others
with
non-verbal thought as well as leaving her body and experiencing realities
outside of the normal earth experience.

Tom and I just couldn't wait for the next Advance Magazine to come out to
read
about how AOLA was making these OTs with these incredible abilities. Tom's
mother was a very caring and mild-mannered person and I revered her. Looking
back on it, Tom's mother influenced me to "keep going up the bridge" so that
would one day become OT like she was. It became easier for me to tolerate
disappointment in Scientology auditing because here was at least one person
that I knew who had achieved a "higher consciousness and ability" because of
the OT levels. She gave me hope that I would one day achieve these abilities
myself. She had also explained to me and Tom that she was taking a great
risk
in telling us her OT abilities because Scientologists are not allowed to
talk
about their auditing or sessions except to their auditor and case
supervisor,
and we knew that.

I remember one day in particular. Tom came running over to see me, all
excited. He said he met his mother for dinner at the Celebrity Centre, and
she
was feeling kind of spaced out so he took her for a walk. As they approached
tranquil, wooded area, they stopped for a moment. His mother looked up at
the
trees and pointed to a small branch on one of the trees. This little branch
was moving, ever so slightly, and she told Tom that she was making that
little
branch move with her mind.

Tom was so excited about this that he had to tell me right away, and it made
me very hopeful that I would be able to do that kind of thing myself when I
got onto my OT levels.

In the summer of 1978 I started on OT 1. These were the old OT levels,
because
the new OT levels didn't come out until 1979.

OT 1 involved going out in the streets and noticing things, from what I can
remember. This in itself was disappointing to me, as I had already gone
through this "noticing things" -- many senseless things - when I did
"objective processes" in the RPF.

An example of objective processing is a process called "Operating Procedure
by
Duplication." Op Pro by Dup for short. The exact procedure for Op Pro by Dup
is to have two tables about 10 feet away from each other. The auditor places
book on one table and a bottle - like a Coke bottle or whatever -- on the
other. The auditor and preclear stand close to each other and the auditor
gives commands to the preclear. The commands, as I recall them, are:

"Look at that book. Good. Walk over to that book. Good. Pick it up. Good.
What
is its color? Good. What is its weight? Good. What is its temperature? Good.
Put the book down in the exact same place. Good. Look at that bottle. Good.
Walk over to it. Good. Pick it up. Good. What is its color? Good. What is
its
weight? Good. What is its temperature? Good. Put it down in exactly the same
place."

This is done over and over. The commands are enforced by the auditor, even
if
the auditor has to drag the preclear's unconscious body back and forth makin
him execute the commands. On the RPF, everybody had to do this Op Pro by Dup
for a minimum of 25 hours. This is done to condition the preclear to accept
control, with or without the pre-clear's cooperation.

We all did this in one big room, so I had a chance to see bottles getting
smashed and books being ripped up when people got sick and tired of doing
this. But there were plenty more bottles and books available to get them
through the process.

Op Pro by Dup is just one example of an objective process. There are a lot
of
others, like the one where the auditor sits in a chair facing the preclear
and
says, "Give me that hand. Thank you. Give me that hand. Thank you. Give me
that hand. Thank you," for hours until the preclear has some kind of
cognition. There is another one where the auditor tells the preclear to look
at different things in the environment. It goes like this: "Look at that
tree.
Thank you. Look at that flagpole. Thank you. Look at that power line. Thank
you. Look at that bird. Thank you." On and on. Needless to say, I had had
enough of these objective processes on the RPF. I didn't want any more on OT
1.

But when my supervisor at AOLA sent me out on the streets to do OT 1 she
told
me not to get into it too much. She said people usually finished it in one
two solo sessions. She was right. I was bored with OT 1 before I walked out
the door but I did suffer through a couple of sessions to look good. I
forget
what new "OT ability" I was required to attest to for old OT 1. As I recall
it
had something to do with getting reoriented to the physical universe now
that
I was Clear. As I said earlier, OT 1 was senseless and boring.

OT 2 was senseless, but not boring. OT 2 is a series of "implants" that
contained "dichotomies" as part of the implants. One definition of an
implant
is "an unwilling and unknowing receipt of a thought or the intentional
installation of fixed ideas." (This definition is eerily similar to what I
experienced when I first made it known that I wanted to leave Scientology.)
Dichotomies are defined as pairs of opposites, like dark and light, good and
bad, hot and cold, things like that.

The instructions for running OT 2 were to get the idea of the dichotomies
over
and over while running out the implants, and this was supposed to produce
E-meter reads. I don't remember all of the "implants" associated with OT 2.
only "ran out" two "implants" before I was allowed to attest to OT 2. I will
describe them as best I can from memory. The first implant was called the
"electrical Implant." I was supposed to imagine an electrical force going
through my body while I read through the dichotomies, like this: "hot, hot,
hot, hot, hot, hot, hot..." You keep thinking that word as long as you're
getting reads on the meter. Then you say, "cold, cold, cold, cold, cold,
cold..." until that doesn't read any more. Then you say them together: "hot,
cold, hot, cold, hot, cold.." until you don't get any more reads on that. At
the same time I had to imagine an electrical force going through my body as
experienced these dichotomies.

The next implant was called "Tocky." On this one I had to get E-meter reads
on
the dichotomies while imagining a sun swinging from east to west. I remember
becoming extremely disoriented and confused while attempting to imagine all
of
these things. It got so bad at one point I had to take a break because I
thought I was going to throw up my lunch. I also got a very bad headache and
ended up doing a "correction list" on myself to find my "errors."

Again, OT 2 was a huge disappointment, but I just kept on smiling. I was
sent
to the examiner to attest to OT 2. The ability gained on OT 2 was "freedom
from whole track incidents." This was supposed to be a whole new level of OT
ability that I had achieved in Scientology. All of this was leading up to
the
crown jewel of all of Scientology, the dreaded Wall of Fire, OT 3.

After attesting to "OT 2" I immediately routed on to the OT 3 course and I
was
so excited. Now the end would justify the means. All of the degradation of
the
RPF and the staff experience itself would prove to be worth what I was about
to receive. With my heart racing, I got my OT 3 pack and quietly sat down to
get my fair share of OT abilities. It was less than a half hour before the
lunch break when I got to the Xenu story. As I read the Xenu story a sense
of
dread overcame me. I couldn't fathom how the Xenu story was going to make me
into an OT and I became furious with myself and everyone else around me. The
lunch bell rang in the classroom and I was out the door, not to be seen or
heard from in that course room again for weeks.

When I "blew" the course room I started calling my family again to see if
there was any way they would have me back. I asked my father about different
job opportunities in his area. I considered using an academic scholarship I
had received to go to the University of Louisiana to get a real education.
So
many things went through my mind. Well, finally the ethics officer and the
course supervisor came and rounded me up. They sat with me in the course
room
and would not let me leave. I was told I needed to start auditing on OT 3
immediately or risk sickness or even death.

I was put full time in the OT 3 course room until I "understood" the
material
and was able to audit it. I can't say what happened to my mind after
starting
OT 3 but in no time I was "locating" and "blowing" body thetans. Within the
Sea Org and Scientology, there is a certain "status" given to those who are
on
or have completed OT levels. Scientologists gather around and clap like
crazy
for people who are OT. Much more is expected of an OT; they don't have
emotions and they are expected to be able to do just about anything. OTs are
encouraged to use their OT abilities and it used to be a crime in
Scientology
to invalidate an OT. I soon learned that even if nothing is happening in
your
OT auditing, at least you have the status of being OT, which means you're
special to the group. As an OT I thought I would be treated special. Just
like
in the earlier auditing, something took over and my attitude changed about
the
OT levels. I just had to put my nose to the grindstone and continue. The
group
agreement seemed to make it tolerable.

OT 4 was a rehash of the Clearing Course. It was required that I "mock up"
the
bank again and again, only to make it disappear over and over and over. When
attested to OT 4, I had the sensation of having been on a Ferris wheel for a
week straight.

OT 5 was similar to OT 1 in that I found myself in the street again putting
"thoughts" in people, plants and animals.

OT 6 was way different from any other OT level I'd done so far. On this
level
I was required to lie on a bed with my head pointed magnetic north and
meditate until I floated out of my body. Now this is what I came for! I
tried
doing this over and over. Per the LRH written instruction, I was to leave my
body, go to a foreign country and get a stranger to mail me a post card.
Once
I produced the post card I would be allowed to attest to OT 6.

After much effort I couldn't float out of my body at all. I never even made
it
out of the auditing room and soon lost interest in the level altogether.
According to the OT 6 material, if a person is not able to leave the body
its
because they have "fleas" or more body thetans. So I was on a treadmill of
looking for more BTs and trying to float out of my head and go to another
country.

Just as I was beginning to accept the miserable reality that I could never
finish OT 6, the tech changed! Hubbard had discovered a Ridge on the Bridge,
and he had solved it by coming up with New Era Dianetics for OTs, or NOTs.

The old OT levels were canceled and replaced with new OT levels. NOTs
handled
BTs that had been comatose for centuries, perhaps even millions of years. By
asking a BT What are you? Who are you? they would wake up and blow.

This change had a profound effect on Scientology income, because all of the
earlier "failed" OTs now had something else to spend their money on, and
they
did in droves.
OT levels1-3 stayed the same, but OT levels 4-7 changed completely. The new
OT
levels 4-7 dealt exclusively with getting rid of comatose BTs. Come to find
out, these BTs made up what most people perceive as the physical universe
around us. All BTs had to be gotten rid of before any OT could stabilize and
realize their true abilities. This new discovery by Hubbard explained all
earlier failures in making OT's!

A new NOTs course was issued, and a mad panic ensued to train auditors and
case supervisors to deliver the new OT levels internationally. I was sent
down
to Flag to be one of the people that trained the auditors and case
supervisors, and this was a very daunting task. David Mayo was the person
who
introduced NOTs to everyone, and he was traveling back and forth from Int
(Gilman Hot Springs) to Flag (Clearwater) every month. He would instruct us
train the students to audit in a certain way, but then when he came back the
next month to check on how everyone was doing, it would all change. Every
time
David came the "tech" changed, so what an auditor learned in March would
change by April.

I had a lot of trouble training the NOTs auditors. Some auditors grumbled
that
Mayo was making up the NOTs tech as he went along. Others were upset because
they thought Mayo had a hidden data line to LRH. In Scientology, a "hidden
data line" means someone is getting info from LRH that isn't written in a
policy, bulletin or tape. In fact, as I would learn when I was promoted to
RTC
three years later, Mayo was making it up as he went along because he was the
main author of the NOTs tech. It was also true that he had a hidden data
line
to LRH because Mayo had been auditing LRH on NOTs before anyone else knew
anything about it. Mayo's name was on every bulletin concerning NOTs, and
rightly so, because he wrote the bulletins.

Later, in 1982, LRH got the idea that Mayo was sympathetic to the mission
holders, who were trying to take over Scientology, or so LRH thought. So LRH
ordered that Mayo be taken off post as Senior Case Supervisor
International -
Senior C/S Int, that is. He ordered him and all the Senior C/S Int staff
onto
the Running Program, had them all labeled security risks, and finally had
them
all declared Suppressive. (Mayo opened his own auditing center, known as the
Advanced Ability Center, in Santa Barbara after he was booted out by LRH. I
was one of the people in charge of sending plants into the AAC to make sure
it
was totally destroyed, and we succeeded in destroying Mayo and his center.)

RTC brought a RICO suit against Mayo, because he had AAC centers all over
the
world and Mayo's centers were making a lot more money than the Scientology
orgs were. The RICO charges were based on the idea that Mayo had stolen the
NOTs materials. Mayo's defense was that he had been the primary author of
the
materials anyway. The suit went on and on, and it was becoming clear that
Mayo
was going to win the suit. So finally RTC offered Mayo a hefty settlement in
return for keeping his mouth closed about being the main author of the NOTs
materials. The last I heard of Mayo, he was driving a Ferrari.

In September 1982 I was ordered to go to Gilman Hot Springs, aka Gold, aka
the
home of International Management including RTC, CMO Int and WDC, to get Int
management corrected on their application of LRH administrative and auditing
tech. David Miscavige, who by then was the head of Scientology, studied my
personnel information and approved me for the job. (I've written extensively
about "Gilman Hot Springs" before. If you want to see these earlier writings
go to Charlotte Cates' web site at www.offlines.org).

After I got to Int, the tech changed radically and often, depending upon the
whim of the moment. Here are some of the changes I remember:

1. LRH himself threw out the Auditor's Code when a person was being security
checked. I know this to be true because LRH sent the order directly to me.
He
told me that when someone was suspected of being a security risk, I should
forget about making sure they had enough to eat or enough sleep before
starting the security check. LRH himself ordered me to sec check Mayo when
he
had little to no sleep. Another important part of the Auditor's Code was
cancelled by LRH went it came to security checking - I was ordered to
evaluate
for the people I sec checked. There were a long list of people who were in
ethics trouble with Mayo, including Kerry Gleason, Peter Warren, John Axel,
Julie Gillespie, Merrill Mayo, John Nelson, and others. LRH sent down orders
telling me what their crimes were and ordering me to get them to confess. I
was the one who had to do the sec checks on all of these people. I would sit
there and tell them, for example, "OK, I know you've been taking bribes from
mission holders. Now tell me about it." And I was to keep at it with them
until they confessed how much they had taken in bribes. This kind of
evaluative, confrontational sec checking began with LRH orders to me in 1982
and has continued ever since, as far as I know. I do know for sure that this
kind of security checking was used on Stacy Brooks and Vaughn Young, because
they have told me about their experiences.

2. In 1986, Miscavige was in negotiations with the IRS and the IRS people
were
telling him they hated the offensive language about the IRS in certain
policies. So Miscavige told them, no problem, he would have those offensive
passages deleted from the policies. That was why certain LRH policies were
altered. It was to please the IRS and get tax exemption. I don't know if LRH
knew about these alterations or not. I tend to doubt it since he died in
January 1986.

3. Starting in 1982, the policies on ethics or justice recourse were
virtually
cancelled. As an example, at the 1982 San Francisco Mission Holders'
meeting,
any mission holder who did not instantly agree to comply with the orders he
was given by Miscavige or any of the Finance Police was declared a
Suppressive
on the spot. No Committee of Evidence, no recourse at all. When I fired on
mission to Flag with Miscavige, Vicki Aznaran, Mark Yager, Mark Ingber, and
Wendell Reynolds to find out what was going on in the Flag Service Org
because
stats were down, we declared public and staff on the spot. Wayne Marple was
declared like that. So was Ken Urquhardt, a Class 12 auditor. This kind of
heavy ethics with no recourse is continuing to this day, as evidenced by
reports like the one posted by Mike McClaughry, who was declared for
pointing
out that six-month sec checks on OT 7s are off policy.

4. In 1983 LRH sent me an order in which he said he was tired of hearing
about
people being PTS (meaning Potential Trouble Source). He said people were
only
pretending to be PTS to hide their crimes. This is where Pretended PTS comes
from. This is how the False Purpose Rundown was born. I was the pilot
auditor
for the FPRD, and, again, sleep and food were not prerequisites for this
kind
of auditing.

5. LRH also sent me an order telling me that no matter where a person was on
the Bridge, they could be pulled off their auditing if they weren't moving
fast enough and put on the False Purpose Rundown. This effectively cancelled
the Non-Interference Zone, which is the main subject of C/S Series 73, the
bulletin Virginia McClaughry cited as being violated by the six-month sec
checks on OT 7s. But this bulletin was effectively cancelled by LRH himself
when he sent the orders down to Senior C/S Int Ray Mithoff and me about the
FPRD. This is where it started. All of these actions were taken to increase
income. It is the same with the six-month checks. They are an income source
for Flag. The senior concern is income; the tech and the well being of the
preclear are secondary.

But I want to make sure it is clear that this whole idea came from LRH, not
from Miscavige. Miscavige is continuing to carry out LRH's orders as well as
he knows how. But make no mistake about it: Miscavige is doing his best to
forward Command Intention, which is contained in the huge LRH orders data
base
of the INCOMM computer system of Scientology. The LRH orders database is a
hidden data line that no one knows about outside of Int management. And it
is
these orders that Miscavige and his people are operating on.

When I got to Int in 1982 there was an extreme amount of paranoia. Everyone
was constantly looking for plants, dupes, FBI agents, you name it, and all
of
this was a reflection of Hubbard's own mental state, without any question or
doubt.

I discovered that it was coming from Hubbard when I learned about the orders
that were pouring in from him. It worked like this: Hubbard would talk/rant
into a Dictaphone and fill up many cassettes, which were then transported by
Pat Broeker (who lived with Hubbard in Creston, where he was in hiding) to
David Miscavige. The two of them would meet on Friday nights somewhere
between
Creston and Los Angeles to make the switch. Miscavige would give Broeker all
the reports for the past week, and Broeker would give Miscavige all the
orders
for the new week in cassette form. Miscavige turned the tapes over to Susie
Bennick, who ran the unit that did the transcribing. She and her little
transcribers would type out all the orders and then they would get
distributed
to all the recipients - at ASI, RTC, CMO Int, Exec Strata, and Gold.

More often than not these transcribed orders from Hubbard conflicted with
existing policy written by Hubbard himself. Hubbard was very upset with the
fact that he could no longer order into any Scientology organization at
will.
Miscavige told Hubbard that Scientology would never get tax-exempt status as
long as he managed Orgs. So instead of issuing orders, Hubbard started
giving
"advice." All the orders in the LRH orders database are called "advices,"
because Hubbard wasn't supposed to give orders any more.

There is a unit located at Gold called R (for LRH) Technical Research and
Compilations Unit - RTRC -- that does nothing but revise existing tech and
policy in an effort to reconcile all of these advices with the bulletins and
policy letters that Hubbard wrote. This may explain why Hubbard is still
issuing tech and policy long after his death.

There is just one more thing I want to talk about.

In an earlier post (which can be found on Charlotte Cates' website) I have
already written about at least two versions of OT 8 being released, so I
won't
repeat it here. Today, I understand Scientology has suspended delivery of OT
8
until people "honestly" complete OT 7, meaning, I guess, that they get rid
of
all their BTs.

Looking for more BTs is one of the few principles of Scientology tech that
seems to be consistent throughout the years.

I have gone up the Bridge to Total Freedom at least twice - by way of the
old
OT levels in 1978, and then by way of the new ones from 1979 through 1991,
when I attested to OT 7. On the day I attested to the new OT 7 in 1991 I was
at Int in Gilman Hot Springs. There were a least 150 people standing around
clapping for me. I was no longer an executive in the Sea Org. I had been
busted and sent to the RPF in 1987 when Pat and Annie Broeker tried to take
over Scientology and were both completely broken by David Miscavige.
Miscavige
considered me an enemy because I refused to help him bust the Broekers. So
by
1991 when I attested to OT 7 I was reduced to making video copies of
International management events. Before I was busted, I used to be one of
the
speakers at these events.

Looking back at it now, I realize how pathetic all of this was. Here I was
supposed to be attesting to being at cause over Matter, Energy, Space and
Time, and all I was good for was dubbing videocassettes. My OT abilities
were
really shining through! Everyone was clapping for me!

Later that night, there was a power failure at Gold and security guards
informed us that there was a possible intruder on the base. About 200 staff
were made to stand outside in a parking lot huddled close together in the
dark
while security looked for the intruder. I was so powerful as an OT that
night
that I got to hide in the dark with others who were just as OT as I was!

Since leaving Scientology, I have found out that my friend Tom and his
mother
both gave up and left Scientology almost 10 years ago.

Words do not adequately express the pain and hard work I've been through to
get my mind back since I left Scientology. Be that as it may, I am living
proof that at least some measure of recovery is possible. But here is one
thing I know for sure: There are no OTs in Scientology. There never have
been
and never will be. There is endless BT hunting, but I can give you a hot tip
on this as well: There are no BTs either.

Jesse Prince

Keith Henson

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
This is so horrible a tale that I will not quote any of it. But I note
from Jesse's story that scn RPF uses the capture/brainwash mechanism I
discussed in the context of the Patty Hearst kidnapping.

I.e., capture and scare the hell out of someone and you activate a strong
survival mechanism from our tribal past to socially reorient and bond to
the guards (in former times, tribe that captured you).

Sordid. There are laws against this kind of crime, but cults get away
with it. Since it takes so long for these crimes to be reported, perhaps
one effective way would be to take the statue of limitations off this
kind of crime.

It is fairly close to psychological murder.

Keith Henson

Shy David www.xenu.net

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
On 19 Jul 2000 00:22:09 GMT, Keith Henson
<hkhe...@netcom3.netcom.com> wrote:

> This is so horrible a tale that I will not quote any of it. But I note
> from Jesse's story that scn RPF uses the capture/brainwash mechanism I
> discussed in the context of the Patty Hearst kidnapping.
>
> I.e., capture and scare the hell out of someone and you activate a strong
> survival mechanism from our tribal past to socially reorient and bond to
> the guards (in former times, tribe that captured you).

This is what the other apes do. Humans are one of the extant apes
(Chimpanze, gorilla, human, orang utan, gibbon) that haves males of
one tribe get together to invade other tribe's territories. The intent
is to capture solo males to beat them to death, and solo females to
carry off. The females are then "socialized" into the capturing tribe.
(There are, of course, genetic reasons for this behavior.) One can see
this occuring even as I type this in Kosovo and other areas: Christian
troops raping Muslum women, and Muslum troops raping Christian women.
It's all brainless, irrational animal behavior. Which is perfect for
Scientology.

> Sordid. There are laws against this kind of crime, but cults get away
> with it. Since it takes so long for these crimes to be reported, perhaps
> one effective way would be to take the statue of limitations off this
> kind of crime.
>
> It is fairly close to psychological murder.
>
> Keith Henson

---
"I want to dance." --- Lisa McPherson, 18 Nov 95 http://holysmoke.org/lm/lm.htm
Lieberman: "so you welcome this [lawsuit] as a training exercise?"
Henson: "I didn't expect it to happen, but when it did I decided I'd enjoy it."
Me: SP4 PTS256

mimus

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
"Jesse Prince" <jesse...@lisatrust.net> posted:

<comment and snippet>

Thank you, Jessie, for this fascinating glimpse into the "Secret
History" of Co$.

Not to mention the, umm, experiences you've gone through.

There is a great deal to chew on in your post, but my moth-like mind
was fascinated by the following:

>OT 6 was way different from any other OT level I'd done so far. On this
>level
>I was required to lie on a bed with my head pointed magnetic north and
>meditate until I floated out of my body. Now this is what I came for! I
>tried
>doing this over and over. Per the LRH written instruction, I was to leave my
>body, go to a foreign country and get a stranger to mail me a post card.
>Once
>I produced the post card I would be allowed to attest to OT 6.

Did anyone ever get a postcard?

--
tinmi...@hotmail.com

I saw
many people
reduced to
incoherent babbling,
stripping off clothes,
crawling around on the ground,
banging heads, limbs and other body parts
against furniture and walls,
barking,
losing all sense of one's identity
and intense and persistent suicidal ideation.

--Declaration of Andre Tabayoyon

I'm an OT.--Lisa McPherson

If you imagine 40-50 Scientologists
posting on the Internet every few days,
we'll just run the SP's right off the system.
It will be quite simple, actually.

--Elaine Siegel, OSA INT (1996)

Case 5/BTLA/SP1

Keith

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:49:48 -0300, "Jesse Prince" <jesse...@lisatrust.net>
wrote:

>Stacy's essay about her perspective on Scientology auditing inspired me to
>write something about auditing myself.

HeHE, LOL, HA HA, OOOOOOOOHHHH!

Joe's Garage

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, mimus wrote:
> "Jesse Prince" <jesse...@lisatrust.net> posted:
>
> <comment and snippet>
> >OT 6 was way different from any other OT level I'd done so far.
> >On this level I was required to lie on a bed with my head pointed
> >magnetic north and meditate until I floated out of my body. Now
> >this is what I came for! I tried doing this over and over. Per
> >the LRH written instruction, I was to leave my body, go to a
> >foreign country and get a stranger to mail me a post card.
> >Once I produced the post card I would be allowed to attest to OT 6.
>
> Did anyone ever get a postcard?

And what did it say?

Joe Cisar: http://cisar.org/rfs0100.htm
Award site: http://alt-charlemagne-award.de
Why would Gottfried Helnwein, one of the world's leading Scientologists,
lie? See http://members.tripod.com/German_Scn_News/has00.htm

Dobe R Mann

Jul 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/20/00
On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:56:11 -0700, Keith <kew@> wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:49:48 -0300, "Jesse Prince" <jesse...@lisatrust.net>
>wrote:
>

>>Stacy's essay about her perspective on Scientology auditing inspired me to
>>write something about auditing myself.
>

>HeHE, LOL, HA HA, OOOOOOOOHHHH!

Hmmm .... sounds like a TROLL laughing. By golly, it is.

You wrote this on IRC #scientology:

[21:55] <KeithYit> I have had the longest running troll on ARS. The
truth is I don't give a shit about Scientolgy, but is fun to see the
critics go looney tune when I post something.

[21:56] <KeithYit> I don't believe anything I write. This is pure
entertainment to me.

Fuck off, troll.

Dobe R Mann
SP4 Tone 1.95

"Look netizens! Another person just read
about the Co$, Xenu, Elron and the rest of
the rot." "Watch now! .... look!
... oooohhh there they go folks!
Another ARSCC(wdne) member."
Read www.xenu.net
See www.xenutv.com

INCIDENT 4

LOUD SNAP (Bones breaking)
CHEVROLETS COME OUT
BURN RUBBER
FISHTAIL RIGHT
DO U-TURN
STALL
FLAT TIRE (No motion)
BLOWS HORN
BLOWS MISCAVIGE
CRASH

Perry Scott <perryATezlinkDOTcom>

Jul 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/21/00
> "Jesse Prince" <jesse...@lisatrust.net> posted:

Thanks for writing this, Jesse. I'll convert this to HTML and
web it - you'll find it at http://www.ezlink.com/~perry/CoS/Theology,
somewhere on the "Scientology practices" page.

>In less than three months I didn't have to be watched any more. I no longer
>felt terrified at being held captive.

I was moved by Jesse's attempted escape, his re-indoctrination through
coercion (bolstered by auditing's False Memory Syndrome). In addition
to false imprisonment, Jesse also endured repeated mental rape. This
is why France wants to make "mental manipulation" a crime. The RPF
teaches the victim that Scientology, Inc. is in complete control. The
same thing is also teached by "Op Pro by Dup" and various other objective
processes - the victim is manipulated into believing that they are to
be subservient to the Scientology Machine.

>His mother looked up at the
>trees and pointed to a small branch on one of the trees. This little branch
>was moving, ever so slightly, and she told Tom that she was making that
>little branch move with her mind.

While some may scoff at this demonstration of Oatee Powerz, one must
understand that, in the environment that is Scientology, a person can
actually believe this. An Oat-Tea wouldn't lie, so if the Oat-Tea says
they are moving the branch, then it must be so since the the Scn'ist
WANTS to believe that an OT is a master of MEST.

[account of doing OT snipped]

Wow, Jesse, you're a double-OT! I have no doubt that Hubbard
rewrote the upper levels because a) they never worked in the first
place, and b) he wanted to extract more money from his flock.

It makes sense that your "case bogged down" when you actually had to
demonstrate a real-world effect of OT. Did anyone notice that the
OT levels were re-written so that there are absolutely no outward
manifestations of OT? It's all in their own mind now - "self-guided
delusion" as Dennis Erlich called it.

>1. LRH himself threw out the Auditor's Code when a person was being security
>checked. I know this to be true because LRH sent the order directly to me.

I think this is where Scientology went schizophrenic. Hubbard was
inconsistent, so now Scientology is forever inconsistent. Trying to
reconcile the Tek to all of the LRH "advices" is hopeless. Scientology
is doomed, but they just don't know it. Expect more spectacular SP
Declares of high-level OTs like Virginia & Mike McClaughry.

>I discovered that it was coming from Hubbard when I learned about the orders
>that were pouring in from him. It worked like this: Hubbard would talk/rant
>into a Dictaphone and fill up many cassettes, which were then transported by
>Pat Broeker (who lived with Hubbard in Creston, where he was in hiding) to
>David Miscavige.

[snip]

>More often than not these transcribed orders from Hubbard conflicted with
>existing policy written by Hubbard himself.

This sounds like a recipe for insanity. Hubbard was not checking whether
he was consistent.

This explains quite a bit about the tek rewrites, and the insanity that
emanates from upper management.

>Words do not adequately express the pain and hard work I've been through to
>get my mind back since I left Scientology. Be that as it may, I am living
>proof that at least some measure of recovery is possible.

I was never mind-f*cked as badly as you, Jesse, but I've found that it
helps to talk about it. It also helps to mercilessly J&D the Organization
that subjugated you - J&D restores some sense of personal power.

>But here is one
>thing I know for sure: There are no OTs in Scientology.

The "Lerma Cognition". It's one of the more powerful ones.

>There is endless BT hunting, but I can give you a hot tip
>on this as well: There are no BTs either.

This is the OT Cognition! You can attest to SP-OT!

To parallel the Clear Cognition HCOB, the proper form is:

"A person is Clear (Operating Thetan) when they no longer
mock up Bank (Body Thetans), or are at least aware that they
are doing it."

Your SP-OT cert from the ARSCC is in the mail, Jesse. Welcome
back to the Wog World. I'm glad you're here.

Perry Scott, SP 4.3, ScienoSitter 3X + ISP + 2 words
Co$ Escapee

Mike de Wolf

Jul 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/23/00
On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:49:48 -0300, "Jesse Prince"
<jesse...@lisatrust.net> wrote:

Thanks Jesse. Having only been on the fringe of Scientology, I find
these insider's accounts fascinating.

I have a couple of questions:

Since you were a techie, why did they think it was a good idea to run
Op Pro by Dup on entry-level PC's? I had read Dianetics, and I
wanted to jump in and clear some engrams. But all the case
supervisor wanted to do was Op Pro by Dup. After a few sessions of
this, I decided it was stupid and that was the end of my auditing.

Next:

>4. In 1983 LRH sent me an order in which he said he was tired of hearing
>about
>people being PTS (meaning Potential Trouble Source). He said people were
>only
>pretending to be PTS to hide their crimes. This is where Pretended PTS comes
>from. This is how the False Purpose Rundown was born. I was the pilot
>auditor
>for the FPRD, and, again, sleep and food were not prerequisites for this
>kind
>of auditing.

I recall reading some accounts suring the 1980s of people who were
PTS, and in their PTS handling session, realized that they were PTS to
the Church of Scientology! Since auditors (at least at that time)
were not supposed to evaluate for the PCs, the auditors cheerfully
announced that the needle was floating.

I'm reading between the lines in your essay that the FPRD was
developed to resolve the paradox of the Church of Ron appearing to be
a Suppressive Person. Someone appears to be P.T.S. to Scientology.
Since Scientology cannot be suppressive, there must be a a hidden
command somewhere in their case that conflicts with the noble
intentions of the Church.

Is this the case?

Mike de Wolf

"If any of the things these people say are true,
there would not be 8 million Scientologists in the
world today"
-- CoS Office of Special Affairs Mike Rinder

shy__...@my-deja.com

Jul 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/23/00
In article <3974d...@news2.lightlink.com>,

"Jesse Prince" <jesse...@lisatrust.net> wrote:

> Stacy's essay about her perspective on Scientology auditing inspired
me to
> write something about auditing myself.
snip
> Jesse Prince

I see you are still getting paid for posts to ars. What is your going
rate currently?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tommy

Jul 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/23/00
shy__...@my-deja.com wrote:

> In article <3974d...@news2.lightlink.com>,
> "Jesse Prince" <jesse...@lisatrust.net> wrote:
> >
> > Stacy's essay about her perspective on Scientology auditing inspired
> me to
> > write something about auditing myself.
> snip
> > Jesse Prince
>
> I see you are still getting paid for posts to ars. What is your going
> rate currently?

I see you are still paying to audit out your space cooties.
Do they itch?

Tommy
--

'I'm drinking lots of rum and popping pinks and greys.'
Hubbard, 1967 letter to his wife submitted to the court in the