Free Personality Test

nsto...@mindspring.com

Jun 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/4/97

Is the free personality test Scientology sends out posted anywhere? Could
anyone give me some of the quesitons? Please reply to e-mail,
nsto...@mindspring.com

nsto...@mindspring.com

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

Dear Andreas,

Thanks so much for your reply. Is the Communication course, or any other
lower level course, posted? Also, after the free personality test, what
do they do to reel you in?

Thanks!

Nancy

Ted Mayett (KoX)

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

They listen.
They do one thing really well, and that is to listen to you.

If you go in and find yourself doing a lot of talking,
remember these words.

--
Ted Mayett
http://xenu.phys.uit.no/cgi-bin/globloc.cgi

Ted Mayett (KoX)

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

On Wed, 04 Jun 1997 17:14:21 GMT, hel...@NOSPAMonline.no (Andreas
Heldal-Lund) wrote:

>On 4 Jun 1997 16:48:32 GMT, nsto...@mindspring.com wrote:
>
>> Is the free personality test Scientology sends out posted anywhere?
>

>You find it on my page:
>
> http://home.sol.no/heldal/CoS/archive/oca.html

Here in Dutch:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jeta/SCN/answ.html

Here in English:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jeta/SCN/answ.html#AntwE

Here in English:
http://www.best.com/~dkeith/ocanswer.htm

These answers are good, they give a line across the top of the page.
IOW, a good personality is easy to have. :-)

What has not been done is to create a "cheat sheet" that gives a line
across the bottom. NOBODY gets a line across the bottom.
If people suddenly started getting lines across the bottom while doing
the test at orgs... It would be really good if that happened.
Perhaps one day this problem will be solved, this problem of a
different "cheat-sheet."

> OPERATION CLAMBAKE -- http://home.sol.no/heldal/CoS/

Bev

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

Ted Mayett (KoX) wrote:

> nsto...@mindspring.com wrote:

> >Thanks so much for your reply. Is the Communication course, or any other
> >lower level course, posted? Also, after the free personality test, what
> >do they do to reel you in?

> They listen.
> They do one thing really well, and that is to listen to you.
> If you go in and find yourself doing a lot of talking,
> remember these words.

AND . . watch what it is you are telling them about when you are talking.
I've seen people (desperate for help) tell their most personal and
confidential information about themselves on the first visit at the
first time they ever met the person they were talking to.

One thing to remember at all times while you are talking to a sci or
are in auditing . . . don't tell ANYthing that you wouldn't want the
whole world to know. EVERYthing you say can, and one day maybe WILL,
be used against you.

Beverly

Ted Mayett (KoX)

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

This is worth repeating.
Remember, despite all the threads that show how the TR's are
brainwashing, despite all of that, there is something else the TR's
train a person to do. And that is to listen.

Listening to another person is a skill. After some hours of doing
TR 0, it is easy to stand or sit and listen to people talk. It is
easy to do this when you have the freedom of moving about.
At a different TR you learn how to handle what are called "comments"
and "originations" Comment = "this room is hot and I want to leave"
Origination = "I just realized something".

Most clams are _excellent_ at listening to another human talk.

Some of you may think you are able to avoid this type of operation.
Don't be too sure of your abilities. If you spend two hours with me,
and _if_ I turn the scientology shit on (i'm talking the entire
package here) If I turn that on. You are very liable to start
blabbering out of control. Of course there are no guarantees.
Anyone who goes into an org has to stay alert!!!

If you find yourself talking too much, remember it is a "process"
being used on you. We are after all only human, and by golly we all
want to be heard.

Stable Datum :-)
The best way to make a scientologist is to let the person talk
themselves into it.

OTOH, this is a wasted post. I don't believe someone can read this NG
and still get taken by scientology. But it can happen to your friends

William Barwell

Jun 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/8/97

In article <nstoddart-040...@ip221.los-angeles4.ca.pub-ip.psi.net>,
<nsto...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>Dear Andreas,

>Thanks so much for your reply. Is the Communication course, or any other
>lower level course, posted? Also, after the free personality test, what
>do they do to reel you in?

"Find their ruin" is the way the cult puts it. They use the test to
find out if they can, what is bothering you in life.
Like Tarot cards, the test is somewhat of a mere prop. The people
administering this test are supposed to listen carefully, question you
and try to find out what problems you may feel you have.
Whatever it is, "Scientology can help". If you are a person who
bends under a hard sell speil, they will sell you something.
The registrars are all trained carefully in hard sales techniques.
And you will be on their mailing list forever.

Pope Charles
SubGenius Pope Of Houston
Slack!

Jigsaw6452

Jun 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/9/97

In article <339c4052...@snews.zippo.com>, te...@skylink.net (Ted
Mayett (KoX)) writes:

>They listen.
>They do one thing really well, and that is to listen to you.
>
>If you go in and find yourself doing a lot of talking,
>remember these words.

Apparently so they can get a handle on what you're looking to Scientology
to help you with, and adjust their strategy accordingly (Charles Manson
seemed to learn this technique from them very well when he recruited
members into his "Family").

I know, because I took the personality test myself a few years ago. When
I first started reading "Dianetics" a couple of years ago (I never did get
around to actually finishing the book), the part about how "engrams" cause
all kinds of problems and that "clearing" them from one's "reactive mind"
could solve all these problems really hooked me! I was always an
introvert and had a hard time talking to people, and I thought maybe
Dianetics would be able to help me with that. I was also having all kinds
of mood swings back then and was angry a lot of the time, PLUS I had a
hard time being able to sleep and had a hard time gaining weight;
Dianetics claimed to be able to cure all kinds of physical and
psychological ailments. Dianetics seemed to be the answer to all of my
problems! So even though I'd heard bad things about Scientology, mainly
about what a financial rip-off it was, and even though I DID have a
problem with LRH's anti-abortion and homophobic stance, I'd also read good
things that its members said about it, and I felt if it could help me with
my problems, it was worth checking out, so I went to take the personality
test.

The person who gave me the test DID talk even less than me, which is quite
an accomplishment! :-) Even when I told him the negative things I'd heard
about the CoS, I thought he would go into some spiel about how I was
misinformed, but he didn't say a word, he just stared (or glared) at me.
He did say that I should watch this video they had about CoS. I said that
I couldn't stay that long, that I had to catch my bus, plus I wanted to
finish reading "Dianetics", but that perhaps another time I would stop in
again.

I wanted to find out as much as I could about CoS before making a
commitment to them. I'd heard about the Time magazine article "The
Thriving Cult of Greed and Power", so I went to the library a few days
later, looked it up on microfilm, and printed off a copy which I took home
to read. After reading that article, I decided I wanted nothing more to
do with the CoS, so I never did go back there! Also, a lot of my problems
seemed to improve dramatically once my hyperthyroidism was diagnosed a
month or so later and I got treated for it--oh, that's right, Dianetics
claimed to cure a young girl of HER goiter in a few weeks! Damn! Oh,
well. :-)

(Ironically, the only reason I heard about the Time article was because I
read in another magazine about the CoS suing Time about the article, and
that actually made me want to read the Time article! If the CoS hadn't
sued Time, I might never have heard about that article and I might have
gone on to join the CoS! Talk about Operation Footbullet!)

Anyway, the whole point I'm trying to make is that CoS DOES do a good job
of listening and being able to find out if someone is suffering
physically, mentally or spiritually, and telling them, "We can help you
with that". It makes me sick how the CoS takes advantage of well-meaning
people by lying to them and getting them to spend thousands of dollars and
waste months or years of their lives on what pretty much amounts to snake
oil!

No, I don't know who put a quarter in me, and I'm sorry for going on so
long, but just had to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening!

Sue