Richard Behar before TIME

Dave Touretzky

Jul 8, 2006, 10:35:28 PM7/8/06

Back in 1986, five years before his fateful TIME Magazine article,
Richard Behar wrote a piece for Forbes called "The prophet and profits
of Scientology". It's now available in the Secret Library of
Scientology as a scanned PDF:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/behar/behar-forbes-1986.pdf

Thanks to Roger Gonnet for supplying the PDF version.

If someone wanted to turn this into plain HTML and mail me the file,
I'd be most grateful.

No wonder Scientology hates the Internet.

-- Dave Touretzky: "October is Behar's 20 year anniversary as an SP."
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets

thorazine shuffle

Jul 8, 2006, 10:41:47 PM7/8/06

"Dave Touretzky" <d...@cs.cmu.edu> wrote in message

Thanks, Dave, and you too, Roger.
Good stuff.

ewsnead

Jul 8, 2006, 10:49:53 PM7/8/06

"Dave Touretzky" <d...@cs.cmu.edu> wrote in message

This is some great additional entheta with which to vex the cult.

Entheta is good. More entheta is even better.

Death to the analytic mind!

--
ewsnead

We accumulate our opinions at an age when our understanding is at its
weakest. - George Christoph Lichtenberg

http://www.xenu.net
http://www.whyaretheydead.net
http://www.lermanet.com
http://www.scientomogy.info/index.html#NEW
http://firstdistributorsnz.com/scien...south-park.htm
http://www.torymagoo.org
http://www.xenutv.com

and (drum roll)
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/9363363/inside_scientology

Barbara Schwarz

Jul 8, 2006, 11:27:58 PM7/8/06

Dave Touretzky schrieb:

> Back in 1986, five years before his fateful TIME Magazine article,
> Richard Behar wrote a piece

Richard Behar pushed German p$ych lines. He will go down in shame as
all other reporters who didn't investigate and just repeated lies and
fabricated their own.
As Behar's Time part about Scientology in Germany is completely FALSE
(and I should know as its President of that time) it is to conclude
that the rest of this primitive articles and other trash are garbage
too.

Barbara Schwarz (Looking for the original Mark [Marty] Rathbun. No
impostor, please!)

http://www.thunderstar.net/~schwarz/lrh/fbidocs.html
--
Dave Touretzky has bomb instructions on the net.
http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/extremists/

Barbzzzzz "Babbles" Graham, is the selfproclaimed "chaplain" of an
allegedly non-existing organization named ARSCC that doesn't pay taxes.

But if they don't exist, how come they have a Chief Financial Officer
(jail bird, drug loving and habitual offender Korey Jerome Kruse aka
"Simkatu" and "Lord Xenu") who works and travels on behalf of ARSCC?

Barbara Graham in her own words: "Anything's legal if you don't get
caught." And: "You asshole. I was *never* a good person, you sad piece
of crap. --
Spidergraham, Chaplain, ARSCC"
More: http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/extremists/graham1.html

thorazine shuffle

Jul 8, 2006, 11:36:20 PM7/8/06

"Barbara Schwarz" <barbara...@gmail.com> wrote in message

It seems to me that he did quite a bit of investigation. The piece seems
very well researched.

Skipper

Jul 8, 2006, 11:39:08 PM7/8/06
In article <1152415678....@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Barbara Schwarz <barbara...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dave Touretzky schrieb:
>
> > Back in 1986, five years before his fateful TIME Magazine article,
> > Richard Behar wrote a piece
>
> Richard Behar pushed German p$ych lines. He will go down in shame as
> all other reporters who didn't investigate and just repeated lies and
> fabricated their own.
> As Behar's Time part about Scientology in Germany is completely FALSE
> (and I should know as its President of that time) it is to conclude
> that the rest of this primitive articles and other trash are garbage
> too.

Well, you'd know garbage. Which restaurant did you eat behind today?

Barbara Schwarz

Jul 8, 2006, 11:44:22 PM7/8/06

thorazine shuffle schrieb:

As an eyewitness and person in the storm, I am telling you that Behar
didn't research at all. He just printed rumours and falsehoods. What a
shame.

Barbara Schwarz

Jul 8, 2006, 11:48:28 PM7/8/06

Skipper schrieb:

> In article <1152415678....@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> Barbara Schwarz <barbara...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dave Touretzky schrieb:
> >
> > > Back in 1986, five years before his fateful TIME Magazine article,
> > > Richard Behar wrote a piece
> >
> > Richard Behar pushed German p$ych lines. He will go down in shame as
> > all other reporters who didn't investigate and just repeated lies and
> > fabricated their own.
> > As Behar's Time part about Scientology in Germany is completely FALSE
> > (and I should know as its President of that time) it is to conclude
> > that the rest of this primitive articles and other trash are garbage
> > too.
>
> Well, you'd know garbage. Which restaurant did you eat behind today?

Being cheap and stupid doesn't change anything from the fact that Behar
didn't research. I have loads of documents that prove that he reported
completely wrongfully about what happened in Germany. As he didn't
write facts about Scientology in Germany, you can conclude that he did
the same with all the rest of the article. Behar is a propadandist and
not an investigative reporter.

Skipper

Jul 8, 2006, 11:58:35 PM7/8/06
In article <1152416908....@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
Barbara Schwarz <barbara...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Skipper schrieb:
>
> > In article <1152415678....@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> > Barbara Schwarz <barbara...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Richard Behar pushed German p$ych lines. He will go down in shame as
> > > all other reporters who didn't investigate and just repeated lies and
> > > fabricated their own.
> > > As Behar's Time part about Scientology in Germany is completely FALSE
> > > (and I should know as its President of that time) it is to conclude
> > > that the rest of this primitive articles and other trash are garbage
> > > too.
> >
> > Well, you'd know garbage. Which restaurant did you eat behind today?
>
> Being cheap and stupid doesn't change anything from the fact that Behar
> didn't research.

Babs, are you admitting to being cheap and stupid and dumpster-diving
here, all in one line? Wow. Did you down some truth serum or something?

> I have loads of documents that prove that he reported
> completely wrongfully about what happened in Germany. As he didn't
> write facts about Scientology in Germany, you can conclude that he did
> the same with all the rest of the article. Behar is a propadandist and
> not an investigative reporter.

Hide them in your submarine in the great Salt Lake, babe, they're comin
for ya.

Message has been deleted

Kevin Brady

Jul 9, 2006, 12:48:47 AM7/9/06

> Skipper schrieb:
>
>> In article <1152415678....@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
>> Barbara Schwarz <barbara...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Richard Behar pushed German p$ych lines. He will go down in shame as
>> > all other reporters who didn't investigate and just repeated lies and
>> > fabricated their own.
>> > As Behar's Time part about Scientology in Germany is completely FALSE
>> > (and I should know as its President of that time) it is to conclude
>> > that the rest of this primitive articles and other trash are garbage
>> > too.
>>
>> Well, you'd know garbage. Which restaurant did you eat behind today?
>
> Being cheap and stupid doesn't change anything from the fact that Behar
> didn't research. I have loads of documents that prove that he reported
> completely wrongfully about what happened in Germany. As he didn't
> write facts about Scientology in Germany, you can conclude that he did
> the same with all the rest of the article. Behar is a propadandist and
> not an investigative reporter.

Do those documents also verify Hubbard as your father, and Ike as your
grandfather, and finally demonstrate your USA Citizen stature, born in a
Lake in Utah?

Eru Ilúvatar

Jul 9, 2006, 1:22:09 AM7/9/06
Barbara Schwarz <barbara...@gmail.com> wrote:

>As an eyewitness and person in the storm,

i.e. one of the criminals

>I am telling you that Behar didn't research at all. He just
>printed rumours and falsehoods. What a shame.

Why would anybody take you word for it, Barbara. You aren't
exactly known for telling the truth and you certainly have the
motive to lie about it. Then there's that little problem you
have with delusions...

Playfullminx

Jul 9, 2006, 2:26:08 AM7/9/06

Dave Touretzky wrote:
> Back in 1986, five years before his fateful TIME Magazine article,
> Richard Behar wrote a piece for Forbes called "The prophet and profits
> of Scientology". It's now available in the Secret Library of
> Scientology as a scanned PDF:
>
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/behar/behar-forbes-1986.pdf
>
> Thanks to Roger Gonnet for supplying the PDF version.
>
> If someone wanted to turn this into plain HTML and mail me the file,
> I'd be most grateful.

Sure thing, Dave.

I'll email it to you now.

roger gonnet

Jul 9, 2006, 3:42:27 AM7/9/06

"Barbara Schwarz" <barbara...@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1152415678....@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

> Dave Touretzky schrieb:
>
>> Back in 1986, five years before his fateful TIME Magazine article,
>> Richard Behar wrote a piece
>
> Richard Behar pushed German p$ych lines.

what sort of nazi lines do you push, "schweinkopf?"

roger gonnet

Jul 9, 2006, 4:01:39 AM7/9/06
Jul 9, 2006, 6:53:26 AM7/9/06
On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 10:01:39 +0200, "roger gonnet" <r...@antisectes.net>
wrote:

>Besides, for any long text, I don't recommend the text/doc/html versions, since
>they are far slower to open than PDF.
>
>I've definitely choosen PDF as the best way to get anything done, for the
>following motivations:
>
>- long files open in a matter of seconds, even 5 or 20 megs enormous files are
>opened in no time while it's very slow with word etc.

I disagree, PDF sucks... takes forever to load because of the many
plugins that Adobe/Macromedia (or whatever the company is named this
week) installs; copy/paste doesn't work properly, and files can't be
searched by standard tools like GREP.

Here's the text file, that was posted to ars some time ago:

861027.txt

Povmec

Jul 9, 2006, 12:37:45 PM7/9/06

Dave Touretzky wrote:
> Back in 1986, five years before his fateful TIME Magazine article,
> Richard Behar wrote a piece for Forbes called "The prophet and profits
> of Scientology". It's now available in the Secret Library of
> Scientology as a scanned PDF:
>
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/behar/behar-forbes-1986.pdf
>
> Thanks to Roger Gonnet for supplying the PDF version.
>
> If someone wanted to turn this into plain HTML and mail me the file,
> I'd be most grateful.

Here is a "neutral' HTML version (no css):

http://www.xenu-directory.net/news/behar19861027_neutral.html

(I tried to be close to the PDF version, without the 3-column format
though).

Ray.

Magoo

Jul 9, 2006, 1:59:43 PM7/9/06
Fantastic!

Thanks to Dave T and Roger for getting
this to the public.

No wonder Scientology hates the Internet :)

Tory/Magoo!

roger gonnet

Jul 9, 2006, 2:16:09 PM7/9/06

"Tilman Hausherr" <tilman...@snafu.de> a écrit dans le message de news:
hsn1b25lv5q9m6li4...@4ax.com...

I dunno what your PC does, but I guarantee you that it's more easy to search on
one's own pc than any other method. Since Google does the job of search
correctly , there is no problem.

Anyway, getting grey characters no images and no original possibility to check
anything is not what I'm looking at; I prefer to have something looking like
originals, rather than boring texts in txt, all of the same size and color and
no embellishments.

True, with an old pc like a 300 MHz or so, loading adobe is a bit long, but
adobe 7 is much faster than past versions.

Re "GREP", I never heard any where this name; must not be so standard. I'm using
MS Desktop with three or four add-ons - one for PDF, one for ZIP, one for RAR.
With tens gigs of data, I find any combination or single word in a matter of
seconds. Acrobat 7 is most of time open on my machine to avoid the loading time.

Magoo

Jul 9, 2006, 2:16:43 PM7/9/06

"Eru Ilúvatar" <alsima...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You just caught the fish, or maybe you're one of them.
Yaude used to do this: He's post as someone insane (BS)
then he'd argue with 'her'.....until a 'real critic' would buy
into the total con, and derail the entire thread.

Please don't let this thread get de-railed. This is key stuff.
Scientology does ~NOT~ want people reading things/facts
about L. Ron Hubbard AT ALL. They'll do anything to keep people from
discussing it.

So, let's get back to it: Where IS the $$$ and how much is there?
This article certainly speaks of $$$in Europe, and what a greedy
jerk Hubbard really was. Also, the $$ supposedly went into a
"Family Trust", yet I heard Mary Sue was cut out of this. Anyone
have any more facts on that? Will ~any~ of the kids get this trust?
I doubt it, seriously. The only child of Hubbard still "in" is Dianna.
Quinton is dead, Suzette hasn't been "on the bridge" in years, sane for
Arthur, and Nibs
was paid off years ago, when Bent's book came out which he co-authored, and
then disappeared soon after. I was at RPR when that all came down. One day
he was a "Co-author" the next day he'd signed a doc saying, "I've had no
difficulties with my Dad, bla blah"

It wasn't until I was out that I found out Nibs was PAID OFF BY SCIENTOLOGY!
Where do your IAS $$$ go? You got it! Many people have been paid off.

Also, how few people were active back when this was written.
Scientology has shrunk since then, dramatically, despite their endless
claims of expansion!

Thank GOD for the Internet, and all of the critics who take time
to post facts like this....so people can learn what really did go down.

I know how OSA works: They'll laugh this off, natter about Dave T
who posted it, and Richard B. who wrote it. Now granted, Most of them
nattering
(Complaining uselessly) will have never even read this article!
((And let's not forget, for those techies, Hubbard said,
"Natter (useless negative chatter)= OVERTS (bad, harmful deeds)!
But they're "Sure these guys are lying". How can they be so sure,
if they never read it?
IF by chance they did read it, have they actually compared notes on what
went down? I can promise you this: No, they won't, they can't, it's a "High
crime" to be in communication with an SP, so how could they?

Just thoughts to think of.

Thanks again.......and Happy Sunday~

Tory/Magoo~~~

Magoo

Jul 9, 2006, 2:22:05 PM7/9/06
Clarification:

RPR= Ron's Public Relations Office. This is in charge entirely
of "Ron's PR"...having to do with his name, his image,
how people think and talk about L. Ron Hubbard-the slime bag
liar.

Also: IAS==International ASSociation of Scientologists.
One HAS to join this to get services, and Scientology is always
squeezing more money out of people, saying it's to "Help mankind"
or this project or that. Which is why I mention they paying off Nibs,
millions of dollars,and guess whose $$$ they no doubt used to pay
all these people off?
You got it! IAS baby.

SUCKERS who buy into it, criminals who use people's $$$ and lie to them! DM
you are a horses ASS.

Tory/Magoo~~~
"Magoo" <mag...@charter.net> wrote in message

Playfullminx

Jul 9, 2006, 3:16:04 PM7/9/06

No sweat. I have Acrobat and whipped him up a copy in HTML with the
images to boot. Ain't technology grand!!!

Playfullminx

Jul 9, 2006, 3:33:47 PM7/9/06

Hey Ray,

Yeah, there were a few problems with the conversion...mostly due to the
3 column deal. All the text seemed to come through without a hitch
though. But my first pass was a little frustrating. But it was late,
so I just send the whole ball of wax.

There is a very easy way to correct it once it's converted though. But
you would step it through an RTF doc...then run it through Word. But I
had a date with the sandman....so I personnaly back burned it.

Kelli Ayed

Jul 9, 2006, 3:41:23 PM7/9/06

The good news is there is another pdf reader - called "foxit reader".
You should check it out...

Kelli

> [...]

> Rounded up among the victims were "artists," "revolutionaries," "criminals"
> and "those considered too smart." After capture, these beings "had their
> lungs shot with alcohol or glycol" and were transported by spaceships to

> earth. Xenu then dropped nuclear bombs into volcanoes. After the

> explosions, the individual spirits (or thetans), deprived of physical body,
> were packaged (or clustered) by Xenu through electronic and mechanical
> means in places like Hawaii and the Canary Islands.
>
> In a nutshell, each human today is made up of a cluster of these thetans,
> with one dominant, and this is the cause of human unhappiness and internal
> conflict. Only through costly Scientology auditing can the less dominant
> thetans be removed. (What happens to them after that is not clear.) And
> Xenu? To this day, Xenu is situated on a mountaintop somewhere stuck in an

Tilman Hausherr

Jul 9, 2006, 4:53:32 PM7/9/06
On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 20:16:09 +0200, "roger gonnet" <r...@antisectes.net>
wrote:

>Re "GREP", I never heard any where this name; must not be so standard. I'm using

Has existed for at least 25 years, maybe even longer. A single command
line tool to search text files.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grep

>MS Desktop with three or four add-ons - one for PDF, one for ZIP, one for RAR.

That is the problem... I don't know what "hidden extras" MS Desktop has.
Let's never forget that Bush already snooped on the european banking
system for years. I also hate to install many add-ons. Pure TXT format
is best to archive text articles. You don't know whether PDF will still
exist in 10-15 years. Software that was "hot" a years ago has simply
disappeared - e.g. WordStar.

Tilman

--
Tilman Hausherr [KoX, SP5.55] Entheta * Enturbulation * Entertainment
http://www.xenu.de

Resistance is futile. You will be enturbulated. Xenu always prevails.

Find broken links on your web site: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
The Xenu bookstore: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/bookstore.html

Zinj

Jul 9, 2006, 5:13:02 PM7/9/06
In article <psq2b2dpl90l1sld1...@4ax.com>, tilman-
use...@snafu.de says...

> On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 20:16:09 +0200, "roger gonnet" <r...@antisectes.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Re "GREP", I never heard any where this name; must not be so standard. I'm using
>
> Has existed for at least 25 years, maybe even longer. A single command
> line tool to search text files.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grep
>
> >MS Desktop with three or four add-ons - one for PDF, one for ZIP, one for RAR.
>
> That is the problem... I don't know what "hidden extras" MS Desktop has.
> Let's never forget that Bush already snooped on the european banking
> system for years. I also hate to install many add-ons. Pure TXT format
> is best to archive text articles. You don't know whether PDF will still
> exist in 10-15 years. Software that was "hot" a years ago has simply
> disappeared - e.g. WordStar.
>
> Tilman

GREP is originally a UNIX tool, although there are variations for various
Windows platforms. Some I've seen can deal with *.zip formats etc, but, it
would be too much to expect a single search tool to be able to read *inside*
all the silly 'formats' various word processors/compression tools etc.
create.

Still; it's not only generally known (outside of Windowsland) but pretty much
standard.

Zinj
--
You Can Lead a Clam to Reason; but You Can't Make Him Think

John

Jul 9, 2006, 11:03:59 PM7/9/06

> "Eru Ilúvatar" <alsima...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Barbara Schwarz <barbara...@gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> "Family Trust", yet I heard Mary Sue was cut out of this. Anyone
> have any more facts on that? Will ~any~ of the kids get this trust?
> I doubt it, seriously. The only child of Hubbard still "in" is Dianna.
> Quinton is dead, Suzette hasn't been "on the bridge" in years, sane for
> Arthur,

What a lovely freudian slip :)

Barbara Schwarz

Jul 9, 2006, 11:48:11 PM7/9/06

Magoo wrote:
> Fantastic!

Richard Behar, you made NO research about what really happened in
Germany. I am a eye witness of the events and was in the center of the
storm. Your article is FALSE.
It's not even good enough to wipe the windows with it. People like you
give journalism a bad name. Only anti-religious extremists cheer that
kind of "journalism" on.

Hey, Richard, defamer, read that about L. Ron Hubbard:
http://www.thunderstar.net/~schwarz/lrh/fbidocs.html

Barbara Schwarz (Looking for the original Mark [Marty] Rathbun. No
impostor, please!)

http://www.thunderstar.net/~schwarz/lrh/fbidocs.html
--
(I am concerned about Dave Touretzky's activities. He also has bomb
instructions on the net.)
http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/extremists/

Brian J. Bruns aka Burns plays a "cop" on the net but he is a felon
(computer crimes), a spammer, an anti-free speech activist, and the
abusive AHBL website is his. He lies about me on his website. He is the
abuser and is supported by Korey Jerome Kruse ("Lord Xenu", "Simkatu"
or "Vivaldi") who just came out of jail and is, according to the
courts, an habitual offender.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/70fdd710bf99c37a?dmode=source&hl=en

Zinj

Jul 9, 2006, 11:54:32 PM7/9/06
In article <1152503291.2...@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
barbara...@gmail.com says...

> Magoo wrote:
> > Fantastic!
>
> Richard Behar, you made NO research about what really happened in
> Germany. I am a eye witness of the events and was in the center of the
> storm. Your article is FALSE.

I'm sure that those interested in the truth will recognize your credibility
as your own mother, the daughter of L. Ron Hubbard and grand-daughter of
Dwight David Eisenhower raised in a submarine village under the Great Salt
Lake and abducted by a secretive organization called SMEGMAPUSS which
controlls all CIA and international governmental and 'psych' functions.

After all; you're a *Scientologist*!!

What you say is not what you *believe*; it's what you *know*!!!!

(Oh, and, let's not forget that you're married to a high level 'Church'
official who has been 'disappeared' by the same 'Church' that threw you out
20 years ago, yet you now support)

roger gonnet

Jul 10, 2006, 4:16:01 AM7/10/06

"Tilman Hausherr" <tilman...@snafu.de> a écrit dans le message de news:
psq2b2dpl90l1sld1...@4ax.com...

> On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 20:16:09 +0200, "roger gonnet" <r...@antisectes.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Re "GREP", I never heard any where this name; must not be so standard. I'm
>>using
>
> Has existed for at least 25 years, maybe even longer. A single command
> line tool to search text files.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grep
>
>>MS Desktop with three or four add-ons - one for PDF, one for ZIP, one for RAR.
>
> That is the problem... I don't know what "hidden extras" MS Desktop has.

it's hyper easy.

take a look:
http://addins.msn.com/livefavs/addins_category_toolbar.aspx

> Let's never forget that Bush already snooped on the european banking
> system for years. I also hate to install many add-ons. Pure TXT format
> is best to archive text articles.

I don't think so it, since it's not even able to have any functioning URL. One
has to guess what are titles, etc etc. Besides, text articles do not contain all
these other interesting infos, images, titles etc.

It looks sad and does not attract customers.
Nobody could even see without reading a lot if the txt documents are newspapers,
your own creations, copies or anything else.

You don't know whether PDF will still
> exist in 10-15 years. Software that was "hot" a years ago has simply
> disappeared - e.g. WordStar.

Yes, but it's very evident for me that pdf has greatly bettered since years, and
that it's even used now in printing companies as one of the standards; not yet
reached the Quark XPress level, but well, it's usable and fine for me.
Besides, it's not far to reach the size of txt (I tried a 132 K txt doc: it
makes a 209 K pdf).

Anyway, adobe pdf is already re-formattable with some tools, into doc, and
acrobat contains lots of re-translators.

roger gonnet

Jul 10, 2006, 4:18:37 AM7/10/06

"Zinj" <zinj...@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
MPG.1f1b3b563...@news.day.sbcglobal.net...

> In article <psq2b2dpl90l1sld1...@4ax.com>, tilman-
> use...@snafu.de says...
>> On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 20:16:09 +0200, "roger gonnet" <r...@antisectes.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Re "GREP", I never heard any where this name; must not be so standard. I'm
>> >using
>>
>> Has existed for at least 25 years, maybe even longer. A single command
>> line tool to search text files.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grep
>>
>> >MS Desktop with three or four add-ons - one for PDF, one for ZIP, one for
>> >RAR.
>>
>> That is the problem... I don't know what "hidden extras" MS Desktop has.
>> Let's never forget that Bush already snooped on the european banking
>> system for years. I also hate to install many add-ons. Pure TXT format
>> is best to archive text articles. You don't know whether PDF will still
>> exist in 10-15 years. Software that was "hot" a years ago has simply
>> disappeared - e.g. WordStar.
>>
>> Tilman
>
> GREP is originally a UNIX tool, although there are variations for various
> Windows platforms. Some I've seen can deal with *.zip formats etc, but, it
> would be too much to expect a single search tool to be able to read *inside*
> all the silly 'formats' various word processors/compression tools etc.
> create.

true, lots of formats exist indeed -- producers wars...

> Still; it's not only generally known (outside of Windowsland) but pretty much
> standard.

Okay, but I never fell on it, though I bought my first pc 12 years ago.

Thanks,

Playfullminx

Jul 10, 2006, 8:16:06 AM7/10/06

Barbara Schwarz wrote:
> Magoo wrote:
> > Fantastic!
>
> Richard Behar, you made NO research about what really happened in
> Germany. I am a eye witness of the events and was in the center of the
> storm. Your article is FALSE.
> It's not even good enough to wipe the windows with it. People like you
> give journalism a bad name. Only anti-religious extremists cheer that
> kind of "journalism" on.

Barbara, shutup. You are a moron and wouldn't know real jornalism if it
tied you down, made you smoke cigarettes and watch porn. You are a
total waste of a brain.

asstr...@email.com

Jul 11, 2006, 10:39:41 PM7/11/06

Eru Ilúvatar wrote:
> Barbara Schwarz <barbara...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >As an eyewitness and person in the storm,
>
> i.e. one of the criminals
>
> >I am telling you that Behar didn't research at all. He just
> >printed rumours and falsehoods. What a shame.
>
> Why

No sicker liar here than you are, Peat. Why did you leave alt.astrology
and suddenly stink against the Scientologists, you freak?

Pete, (Eru Avatar) you sick phedophile pig! Stop defaming and stalking
women. They don't want you ancient convicted criminal and jail bird.

Milton Stapleton was originally not Milton but Pete and Peat and Petie
and hell knows what else. He was in jail and then changed his name to
Milton Stapleton.

His is what somebody wrote who watched him:
Petie, you lie, your astrology doesn't work --- it DIDN'T save you from
going to jail. Who is going to believe in your astrology---trying to
pimp the sexy hubs, rims and spokes? You FAILED! Your astrology
doesn't WORK!

Pete Stapleton about marijuana:
After all, pot is said to enhance one's ear for music, increase one's
sensuality and push the natural inhibitions into the back ground for
the moment.

Pete Stapleton about him being mentally ill.
I am also a diagnosed Manic Depressive. I was institutionalized for
a year in an attempt to resolve the problem.
I do stay clear of any activity that requires rigid scheduling over a
long period - of course this is the way the manic allowed me to live
(he
makes the money) - kind of free of restraints - and I'm still getting
away with it.

Peat Stapleton about rape and phedophelia:
So what if I DID force a 13 year old boy to have sex with me? It was
before megans law so there's nothing you can do about it!

Peat Stapleton in his "profession" as astrologist:
What Jo dream will not admit is that is or was in fact a prostitue.
And apparently was badly hurt by her pimp - since calling someone a
pimp seems to be her method of attack under all circumstance. And
what is worse - she apparently worked the farm workers truck in
California @ $5.00 per blow job. At least this is what was posted
about her on alt.astrology some time ago and she never denied it.

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jul 11, 2006, 11:20:10 PM7/11/06

Dave Touretzky wrote:
> Back in 1986, five years before his fateful TIME Magazine article,
> Richard Behar wrote a piece for Forbes called "The prophet and profits
> of Scientology". It's now available in the Secret Library of
> Scientology as a scanned PDF:
>
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/behar/behar-forbes-1986.pdf
>
> Thanks to Roger Gonnet for supplying the PDF version.
>
> If someone wanted to turn this into plain HTML and mail me the file,
> I'd be most grateful.
>
> No wonder Scientology hates the Internet.
>
> -- Dave Touretzky: "October is Behar's 20 year anniversary as an SP."
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets<

If I had read this article in 1986, I would have left the church much
sooner than I did.
Unfortunately, to be loyal to the church, one automatically ignored
these 'anti-scientology' . It's very sad to think that many others are
still living with that mindset.

Reading quotes from ex-member Don Larson admitting to orchestrating &
participating in giving those terrible gang bang sec checks while he
was an officer of the church was eye opening. I always expected his
co-terrorist, Class VIII auditor Norm Herring, to flee first. Minor
remnants of false data still at work until truth is presented. So, it's
good that information like Behar's Forbes article be reposted now and
again.

Speaking for myself, and not the many other public and RPF staff who
also endured and survived hours of that brainwashing and torture,
here's a belated "Thanks Don" for coming clean publicly and speaking
out against the cult of scientology."I forgive you."

-JustCallMeMary
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/behar/behar-forbes-1986.pdf

Simkatu

Jul 13, 2006, 9:39:32 PM7/13/06
Dave Touretzky wrote:
> Back in 1986, five years before his fateful TIME Magazine article,
> Richard Behar wrote a piece for Forbes called "The prophet and profits
> of Scientology". It's now available in the Secret Library of
> Scientology as a scanned PDF:
>
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/behar/behar-forbes-1986.pdf
>
> Thanks to Roger Gonnet for supplying the PDF version.
>
> If someone wanted to turn this into plain HTML and mail me the file,
> I'd be most grateful.

Here is an HTML version of the Behar article that appeared in Forbes:

http://vivaldi.kyed.com/Behar

--
Simkatu