KC org--whatever happened to it?

Unknown

May 6, 2001, 4:57:58 PM5/6/01
Did this org do good or take a dump?

Fluffygirl

May 6, 2001, 5:51:15 PM5/6/01

<ivanhoe@medievalcastle> wrote in message
news:3af5baad...@news.alt.net...

> Did this org do good or take a dump?

It won the birthday game a couple years ago, but I don't know how it's doing
now.

mimus

May 6, 2001, 9:10:01 PM5/6/01
(ivanhoe@medievalcastle) wrote:

> Did this org do good or take a dump?

A clam just recently told me it was "exploding".

One could take that in more than one way.

--
tinmi...@hotmail.com

I saw
many people
reduced to
incoherent babbling,
stripping off clothes,
crawling around on the ground,
banging heads, limbs and other body parts
against furniture and walls,
barking,
losing all sense of one's identity
and intense and persistent suicidal ideation.

--Declaration of Andre Tabayoyon

I'm an OT.--Lisa McPherson

If you imagine 40-50 Scientologists
posting on the Internet every few days,
we'll just run the SP's right off the system.
It will be quite simple, actually.

--Elaine Siegel, OSA INT (1996)

Case 5/BTLA/SP1/BAD

I.S.Rennie

May 8, 2001, 9:50:44 AM5/8/01
that's odd, according to feelsgoodasmullet, it's just opened to a
rapturous reception

Cry

May 8, 2001, 6:26:03 PM5/8/01

Actually, he was refering to the Kansas City Dianetics Centre. But
I'm sure the only rapturous recenption will be at its none-to-soon
demolition.

Cheers
Cry, B.Sc.

PS Could someone explain the birthday game to me? I've heard it
referenced a few times, but never gotten a good explaination.

cerr...@freedom.net

May 8, 2001, 9:29:11 PM5/8/01

<Cry> wrote in message

> PS Could someone explain the birthday game to me? I've heard it
> referenced a few times, but never gotten a good explaination.

The birthday game is a yearly game played by different Scn orgs.

Class V orgs compete with other Class V orgs
Missions compete with other missions
CLO's ( Continental Liaison Org's) compete with other CLO's
AO's compete with other AO's.

Flag has it's own separate birthday game where one Division competes
with the other divisions.

The game is won by acquiring points. Points are won by having certain
stats in the org in a condition of Normal or above.

Example:

Stat: Well Done Auditing hours

Condition of Normal 1 point
Condition of Affluence 3 points
Condition of Power 6 points.

The stats are all computerized now and as the org turns in their stats
on Thursday at 2:00 the computer program assigns the condition and
grants the points.

The points are cumulative throughout the year and the winners are
announced at the LRH Birthday Event at Flag. The following week a new
game is begun.

This years winners were:

Palo Alto Mission in California

Class V org: Dianetics Technological Institute in Mexico City

AOLA ( Advanced Org Los Angeles)

CLO West US

For some reason, no winner was announced for Flag which was strange
because the Flag winner has always been announced. My best guess is
that there was no announcement because the stats were horribly down.

The winners of the Birthday game receive a 2 foot high trophy with a
statuette of a jockey riding a horse at the top of the trophy. They
also receive a very tacky Jockey shirt and a round of applause.

Cerridwen

Protect your privacy! - Get Freedom 2.0 at http://www.freedom.net

Ed

May 9, 2001, 9:38:07 PM5/9/01

The Birthday Game insanity began in early 1974. LRH got on an
especially manic phase and ordered that all the orgs and all the staff
should 5x (increase by 5 times) their end of 1973 stats by Ron's
Birthday in March 1974. The reality was that you could only "grow" a
stat that much by doing something very off-policy. The orgs found ways
to make "deals" with public who had lots of money (many FSMs were
pushed to buy thousands of books for resale) and many un-kosher
financial arrangements were made. There were huge pressures to get the
GI up by any means possible.

The "game" was extended to a new one: 7x the year-end 1973 stats by
May 9th, 1974, the DMSMH anniversary. By the time this was over the
orgs were suffering from great strains as many staff blew because of
the insanity of all this. Obviously if everyone trying their best to
expand Scn and follow policy could only get at best a slow growth,
this wasn't suddenly going to change to 5x in threee months, and to
say that it could was a slap in the face of the people who were in the
trenches.

In the summer of 1974 the whole continent of Europe Scn-wise was in
Danger because several orgs had to pay large refunds to some of the
people who had chipped in large advanced payments. The same situation
was scattered among most other orgs as well.

The insanity of the Birthday Game followed closely on the idea of
"Source". LRH was "Source", the Apollo Stars mad their "Power of
Source" record, and the "Hip Hip Hoorays" to LRH and other forms of
organized personality-cult worship were encouraged.

ed