Report on the 2004 International IAS Event

Cerridwen

Nov 14, 2004, 11:16:02 AM11/14/04
NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

My husband is such a sweet man. He allowed me to drag him to the 20th
Anniversary IAS Event and we made a night of it. We sat through more
than 3 hours of the Int Management boys at Saint Hill recycling old
wins, and watched them use Tom Cruise, a top box office attraction, to
fill in for the void of no OSA wins and crappy OSA stats. :-)

Attending the 20th Anniversary of the IAS was a lot like being at the
Republican Convention in New York City. Every detail planned and
everything highly controlled. Tons of security. The audience was
full of determined white men and women, with the men looking like they
were born to make deals and the women looking like they know what to
do with the money they bring home. Some nice looking minority folks
were there for show. The average age was above 40.

Every Int Management event has a theme and the theme of this event
was:

"WE ARE NO LONGER PTS BUT EVERYONE ELSE IS!"

I’ll say lots more about this later.

As always DM is first to speak and he gives us yet another version of
his State of The Planet Address. DM tells us how terrible society is,
barbaric even! He's more adamant than usual, and his zealotry shows
in every sentence. "We are the only ones who have the answers." "We
have the technology." "World leaders want what we have." The last
one is a wish but the audience laps it up as if nothing could be truer.

DM tells us, "Necessity level is what it takes to get people off their
you-know-what's." Their you-know-what's"!!! LOL.

DM has decided to up the "gradient" on getting Scientologists to help
out and contribute their time, money and everything else they have. He's
always had the attitude that each Scientologist HAS to do something to
help out but this time he was more adamant and forceful than ever
before. He's definitely trying to take it to another level. Some
would say desperately trying.

He painted the usual picture of the world going into the shitter and
how it has to be handled now, now, now!

He was basically saying (not a quote), Now is the time to put your
balls on the line. He was being forceful and energetic. He talked
about the difference between "nattering" and doing something about it.
It was the same old crap but with even more urgency.

DM tell us that the world is an even grimmer place than it was last
year. The literacy rate is in the pits and the psych influence is all
to blame because CCHR has uncovered the fact that the psych-run
education system is teaching kids to skim over the materials and
pass words they don't understand.

Horrors! What will those evil psychs do next! ;-)

We suppressives of the ARSCC (wdne) all know what this means! Those
psychs are committing Suppressive Acts by allowing the children to
have MU's and thereby go blank, and the outcome will be more
criminals, war and insanity, and more critics!

Someone not a Scientologist, and not a religious fanatic, watching
this event for the first time, would wonder if DM was stark raving mad. A
normal "wog" would not wonder at all.

DM continued to paint a picture of the horrible state of affairs,
especially the pharmaceutical and medical industries that want
everyone on drugs.

DM was very open about his intention of getting much more involved
with governments and he was downright blatant about getting the available
faith-based initiatives money.

Of course Scientology wants the government money but it's much, much
more than the money. DM and the C of S want legitimacy. They want to
be mainstream, they want to be accepted. This is extremely important to
them. They need legitimacy a lot more than they need the money.
Government funding gives them both.

OK Back to the event.

Not a lot of stats were given and there was very little hard news. No
legal victories, no big wins, and they were left to recycling the same
old "wins" by showing us more on the openings of the Madrid and New York
Orgs.

The video on the New York Org grand opening showed parts of the
speeches of Congressman Charles Rangel, an undersecretary of the UN
and a NY Fire Dept official all saying politically correct things
about the C of S. The C of S loves that kind of stuff because it
makes them appear legitimate.

We were told that the London Org signed the final contract that very
day to obtain an historical 5-story building. I don't remember if we
were told where in London, but they did show pictures of it and what
it would look like once they were completely reno'd with full panel
tech, and it sure looked like they were dumping a whole pile of money
(many millions) into this new building for the London Org.

As always they stick the Big Money Spenders, Celebrities and earlier
Freedom Medal winners in the front rows and of course, as usual, the
camera pans the front rows so we can all look at the big shots up
front, including Chick Corea and Isaac Hayes.

MIKE "ALFALFA" RINDER- # 1 OSA DUDE

Alfalfa was less intense and a bit more relaxed at this event, but
that might also be that it's hard to get excited about his "wins" or lack
thereof.

Alfalfa gave another one of those boring announcements about how Study
tech is now in the entire country of…….. and this time it's Nigeria
and the Nigerian government is funding it.

Yawn.

It's amazing how they are always doing grand things in these third
world countries where it's difficult to verify their "wins".

Alfalfa mentioned Narconon receiving government funding as part of
Bush's faith-based initiative policy, but of course gave no specifics so it
could not be verified as true.

Alfalfa then started talking about that Human Rights document that the
C of S keeps waving around as if it were the fucking Magna Carta. I
don't know what these government contacts really think about it, but that
Declaration for Human Rights thing is pure C of S PR bullshit. The C
of S has no intention of applying those rights to anyone. They know
it looks good but what they really want to use it for is to "safe
point" themselves as a religion and get laws passed so that anyone
that criticizes them will be arrested and thrown in jail for hate
speech.

They are also pushing heavily the Youth for Human Rights Campaign.
It's really disgusting and so pretentious. They had video clips of Kids
with the Declaration at the UN or some such crap.

Alfalfa said that they got this or some other Human Rights declaration
accepted in some way by some sort of government group in Brussels. It
had a very official sounding name, but I'll be damned if I can
remember it. Was it The Central European Council that Approves of Dumb
Things that Mean Nothing to Nobody?

"But that's not all!" he added, sounding like one of those TV
commercials. "We can now say that thanks to the Church of Scientology,
Europe has Human Rights!" LOL! These guys are incredible!

Alfalfa also reported that the First Lady of Honduras attended the big
gala at CC Int, and they had some video clips of her with DM. It was
amazing because DM seems to be getting smaller and smaller! Anywayz,
per Alfalfa, the First Lady of Honduras was just so very impressed that
she went back to Honduras and gave her own Panel Tech Exhibit of
Scientology social programs in this very palatial building, and this
supposedly is now causing all kinds of reaches from Central America.

Oh and I almost forgot to tell you. For those of you that follow
politics, you know there's been trouble in Venezuela since Hugo Chavez
was elected President. It died down after the referendum they had a
few months back but Alfalfa told us the real skinny. He didn’t
mention the referendum. It was the Way To Happiness campaign! Yes!
That's Right! TWTH in Venezuela is now responsible for settling down
all the upheaval in that country!

HEBER "FOGHORN LEGHORN" JENTZSCH

Oh brother, this guy is just too much! Heber announced the brand new
"psych-buster kit" that every Scientologist needs to have so they can
help get rid of the psychs. Nothing was said about doing it in two
years, but it looks like they've come up with the "final solution" for those
evil psychs!

Every Scientologist is now supposed to do anti-psych stuff as well as
be on course, FSM (recruit), help out the org, promote Narconon, be
active on the OT Committee, assist in the reno's, volunteer many hours at the
VM tent AND donate to the IAS, the Cornerstone and the Library Fund.

Completely forget your friends and family and your own interests and
give us all your attention, your time and your money.

I don't know how much the psych-buster kit costs or if it's free, and
I don't know what's in it because it would require me going to a psych
busting seminar that I have absolutely no interest in.

Heber told us that CCHR continues to really outdo itself with a total
stat so far of $8 billion in funding to the psychs CANCELLED!

I get the idea he pulls those numbers right out of his ass.

And of course, Heber and the C of S can always be counted on to take
credit where credit is NOT due.

According to Heber there were hearings in Washington and the FDA was
"grilled" by Congress on giving psych drugs to children. Due to
CCHR's great work and diligence and its “white paper,” we are told that CCHR
is responsible for getting the black box warning onto psychiatric drugs
for children.

Heber attributed this accomplishment directly and solely to CCHR and
its activities. And of course, if your only source of information for
these types of things is Heber, then you are going to believe that CCHR
caused this.

GUILLAUME (PEPE LE PEW) LESEVRE - ED INT

ED Int is by far my favorite Int Management guy. He's perky and peppy
and he has a French accent! He was nearly but not quite as spastic as
the last event.

ED Int's role is to either talk about stats or talk about
Dissemination Campaigns like the VM Cavalcades and the "Something
Can be Done About It" Campaign.

It seems that they had a big cog over there in Int Management. ED Int
did not say these words exactly but this is my interpretation of their
newest campaign.

I think they had the "cog" that they (the C of S) were PTS, and to
handle their PTSness and fight the suppression they now have to be more
overt, more in your face, more out there on the comm lines of the
world and apply those crazy LRH policies on handling Suppressives even
more ruthlessly. DM is not bright enough to realize that these very
policies are destroying Scientology. Instead, his solution is to
follow them more robotically than ever.

ED Int said that 550,000 public were contacted during VM cavalcades
around the world and let me tell you the C of S has big plans for the
VM cavalcades.

We are told about the latest and greatest plans to bust open the doors
and expand Scientology to even greater highest evers and this is going
to be done by opening new areas and new countries where Scientology
has never been! Apparently they do a lot better in areas where no one has ever
heard of them. ;-)

Expanding Scientology into new areas is not a new idea, but
the way they are going to go about this is new for them. The newest
VM campaign goes like this. They choose an area to "expand" into and
about a month ahead of time they bombard the place with all kinds of
promo, PR and written materials with an announcement that the VM's are
coming.

Per ED Int the common denominator of all 550,000 new public contacted
by the VM Cavalcade was that "THEY ARE ALL PTS."

They've decided that everyone that is not a Scientologist is PTS and
so all the ads will go something like this:

"Are you accident prone or are you being suppressed?" "Is life a
roller coaster or are you being suppressed?"

I'm not kidding! For those not fluent in Scientology-speak, "accident
prone" and "roller coasting in life" are indicators of PTSness.

These guys think that everyone really is PTS due to all the SP's and
suppression out there and these "buttons" will really register and
drive them into the VM tents in droves.

I can see the look in the faces of the fully indoc'd ones. "Yes! Int
Management is so brilliant! That's it! Everyone is PTS! That is why
they don't reach for Scientology! They are all PTS!” They are
blinded can not see the real "why".

Now when the VM cavalcade moves into these new areas it's going to be
very different from what they are currently doing. It's not like one
or two tents, but instead it will be a dozen or so tents all connected
and it will take up a lot of room because these 12 or so tents are actually a
temporary ORG that is going to arrive, disseminate like hell for 30
days, recruit locals and set them up as a field group, mission or
whatever then pack up their tents and leave them there to expand the
area. My guess is it will take a special Sea Org Mission team of
30-50 people to run this hit and run type operation.

They are going to fail for many reasons including the fact that they
always screw things up with their pushiness and demand for stats NOW.
But the main reason they are going to fail is because they have the wrong
goal.

Their first and most important goal is not to help people. It’s not
really even to clear the planet. It's to Keep Scientology Working.
Scientology is more important than the people it’s supposed to help!

This is at the heart of the indoctrination. It's all about Keeping
Scientology Working. Scientology is always number one.

Their priorities are screwed up. If they just went in and helped
people, and made services affordable, they would probably expand.

They also don't let people's willingness come out spontaneously, but
instead they exercise their will on others and recruit them whether
they really want to be Scientologists or not. They reg too many people
that are easily controlled and they get fewer independent thinkers who
like to ask questions.

People are convinced that the C of S does programs only for PR
purposes, and while it is true that they are PR hounds, it is also
true that the main reason they do anything these days is to expand
Scientology, and to do that they have to make more Scientologists. If
they get good PR that's fine with them, but if they get bad PR and
still get 50 new Scientologists on the Bridge they are thrilled. PR
is not the primary objective with them. More Scientologists made is.

Oh ya, there was a clip shown of the Mayor of Tampa giving an award to
VM's for work done during hurricane season. Someone should let the
Mayor of Tampa know that Scientology helped out with the aftermath of
the hurricanes because it gave them an opportunity to reg people for the
Bridge and not because they wanted to help out of the goodness in
their hearts.

FREEDOM MEDAL WINNERS

Freedom Medal Winner Peter Stephens, I think he was Australian, was
given the Freedom Medal Award for spreading Scientology in Asia, and then a
woman named Caroline (don't remember her last name) received the
Freedom Medal for getting Criminon in the entire prison system of
Indonesia.

Scientology reports that the Criminon Project is now entirely funded
by the Indonesian government and they claim extraordinary wins as a
result. They report that there has been one successful pilot after
another. The first pilot was with lower level criminals and was so
successful that they had the next pilot to deliver Criminon courses to
more hard core criminals and they had such great wins on the hard core
criminals that they took on the most hard core of all and got results!

We are told that Indonesia has a huge prison population with 3X more
people in prison than there's room for them.

In comes Scientology to save the day for them by training Indonesian
government people on how to supervise the Criminon courses. Then they
realized that the Indonesian government did not have enough personnel
so they would have to train inmates and that is exactly what they did and
of course, per Scn, it was all very successful!

It was reported that one third of the lower level criminals that did
the Criminon course got an early release and that 85% of the inmates that
were trained to be Course Supervisors were given an early release.

To train enough inmates they now have their own large building with
the sole function of training inmates for the entire prison system
with LRH Tech.

THE DM AND TOM CRUISE LOVEFEST

We are lectured by DM right out of Keeping Scientology Working. “It's
a tough universe. The social veneer makes it seem mild. But only the
tigers survive--and even they have a hard time.” It doesn't matter if
you are a street sweeper, a house wife or a corporate executive. Life
isn't fair and "you're in for the duration" so get your act together and do
everything you can from YOUR position in life to expand Scientology
NOW!

He tells us that you can fool other people but you can't fool yourself
about what you know you should be doing as a Scientologist. When you
go to bed at night you had better know that you did ALL YOU could do.

Remember I told you that I thought Tom Cruise was going to get a
Freedom Medal at this IAS event? Not only did he get a Freedom Medal Award,
but he got a super-duper first-ever spectacular award for being the OT
celebrity that they all think he is. Tom Cruise was the recipient of
the first-ever

FREEDOM MEDAL OF VALOR AWARD!

I can tell you what Tom was like in this event, in one word.

Megalomania: A psychological state characterized by delusions of
grandeur.

Tom Cruise, like DM, was wallowing in a highly exaggerated estimation
of himself.

He was way too happy and pleased with himself. It wasn’t so much
about all the things he's accomplished but about his tough attitude
and his ethics. He often got this look in his eyes that was over the
top. You had to wonder if the guy was really OK or becoming a stark
raving nut job.

It's fine to be happy with yourself and happy with achievement but he
has gotten so intense that it’s scary to see the looks that come over his
face sometimes.

That gleam in the eye is the making of a fanatic. It's that "fixed
dedicated glare" that LRH talks about in KSW. I would think that you
would want a serene and confident look, not a fixed dedicated glare.
Tom Cruise is beginning to look like a fanatic and it's damned creepy.

If he’s very lucky, this guy will have a soft landing when he crashes
back into the real world.

The Tom Cruise section of the event was a big DM and TC love fest.
They reminded me of the Ambiguously Gay Duo on Saturday Night Live.

http://madison-paintball-club.com/MPC%20122.JPG
http://www.teamhaze.com/Big_Wheel_Rally_3_021.jpg

DM was Batman and Tom Cruise was his Robin.

DM is awarding him but is careful about stroking him (at least
publicly) because what they want to put across is that Tom is doing all of this
because HE knows he should be doing it. Pay attention to that because
that is important. It's at the heart of the Scientology mindset.

OK Back to what happened.

The video introduction to Tom is all about his celebrity thing around
the world. It went on for ages. There he was at NASA, and thanks to his
dissemination of study tech, the NASA website has a glossary of
difficult terms. There he was with the leader of Japan. There he was being
interviewed all over the world. On and on and on and on.

His involvement in many Scientology programs including his promotion
of CCHR was hammered home. It was a totally glowing report showing
him to be the most influential celebs on the planet, the most active
shilling member of the cult. It wasn’t about stroking Tom. It was
about stroking Scientologists to get them to PRODUCE MORE.

One story he told was about a wog. Tom told him all about SP’s until
the guy finally asked with his voice full of awe, "Have you ever actually
MET an SP?" Lots of laughter at that line and I missed whatever the
point was that he was making. By that time I had a fixed glare of my own
and it wasn't dedicated to getting everything he was saying.

What I heard next was Tom saying he tried to imagine later what it
would be like in a future when SP's were only a part of history. At
that point I tried to imagine what it would be like when C of S PR was
a part of history and you could take ANYTHING a Scientology shill says
without a sack of salt.

Here are some more of Tom’s cognitions. “WE are the authorities. We
know who we are and what we have. We are Scientologists! We don't
need to ask anyone for a permission slip! We should just go out and
DO it.” Those were not his exact words but they are close enough.

What did Tom have to say about the psychs? "Show no mercy! None!"
That is a direct quote.

The audience hung onto every word he said. They lapped him up like a
drunk with a bottle.

The IAS did their own long interview with Tom. I can't remember how
many times he said it was all about having your ethics in and Keeping
Scientology Working. He said the turning point for him was when he
realized that. Because of his position in the world, he had to be more
responsible than he was before. What it tells me is that Tom has moved
into FULL INDOC MODE.

It was so obvious DM and Tom had a coordinated message and the message
was ONE BIG HINT to all Scientologists. Tom has accepted mega
responsibility for the mega celebrity he is. He is doing ALL he can
to Keep Scientology Working. If you're a Scientologist, YOU don't
have another option. YOU have to do ALL YOU can.

Tom went onto the stage and was given his award to thunderous applause
by DM. You’ve never seen anyone accept an award as though they knew they
had it coming to them like Tom did. But his acceptance speech was a
mega acknowledgment of DM.

This is a paraphrase but pretty close to exactly what he said. "I've
met the leaders of the world. I've met the leaders of the leaders. I've
met them all. And I can tell you we're lucky to have Mr. Miscavige, the
smartest, most competent, most compassionate and caring of them all.”

Then Tom walks to where DM is standing on the stage and they shake
hands and hug. But not too closely.

Eventually, as this information gets to the mainstream media, it will
destroy his career or at least make a big joke out of him, but he
doesn't care. He now has that fixed dedicated glare and he truly doesn't
care.

WRAP THIS PUPPY UP!

The purpose of this event was to push the Scientology indoctrination
in on all Scientologists. And it will work on a lot of them.

The message was clear. WE have the answers. There’s PTSness and
suppression everywhere but WE are NOT PTS. We are cause. And we are
going to be more OVERT than ever.

The lasting solution to PTSness and suppression is to drive in KSW
more and more, and shatter the suppression by standardly applying the
insane PTS/SP policies i.e., just roll over the SP's and get the job
done.

The message I got is that they're really hurting from all the losses
they're having and don't have a bugfucking clue what to do about it
except what they’ve always done about it. We all know what that is
and where it will get them.

At the end of the event everyone was given (for free) a little booklet
with a glossary. The booklet was a copy of the Keeping Scientology
Working policy letter.

Hubby and I got out of there and went for a late dinner. Chinese!
Fried Crab Rangoon, Spicy Shrimp, Fried Rice and ice cold Bud Light!

Cerridwen

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/source/analysissummary.html
www.scientologypayback.org

bt

Nov 14, 2004, 11:55:00 AM11/14/04
In article <220YXDPJ3830...@anonymous.poster>,
Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header.gmsociety.org (Cerridwen) wrote:

That was great. But forgive me a naive question: at the event at the LA
complex inside the big tents, how much of this was a video of the event
in England? Were Cruise, Miscavage, etc., present for the LA event?

henri

Nov 14, 2004, 12:43:38 PM11/14/04
On 14 Nov 2004 16:16:02 -0000,
Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header.gmsociety.org (Cerridwen) wrote:

>Oh ya, there was a clip shown of the Mayor of Tampa giving an award to
>VM's for work done during hurricane season. Someone should let the
>Mayor of Tampa know that Scientology helped out with the aftermath of
>the hurricanes because it gave them an opportunity to reg people for the
>Bridge and not because they wanted to help out of the goodness in
>their hearts.

Which "Mayor of Tampa?" The real mayor of Tampa is Pam Iorio, but
Scientology has previously trotted out a fake "Mayor of Tampa" for the
Ybor City Org opening.

http://buttersquash.net/archives/ybor/14.htm

[. . .]

>Remember I told you that I thought Tom Cruise was going to get a
>Freedom Medal at this IAS event? Not only did he get a Freedom Medal Award,
>but he got a super-duper first-ever spectacular award for being the OT
>celebrity that they all think he is. Tom Cruise was the recipient of
>the first-ever

>FREEDOM MEDAL OF VALOR AWARD!

>I can tell you what Tom was like in this event, in one word.

>Megalomania: A psychological state characterized by delusions of
>grandeur.

>Tom Cruise, like DM, was wallowing in a highly exaggerated estimation
>of himself.

Does this mean you win your bet?

Hartley Patterson

Nov 14, 2004, 12:55:01 PM11/14/04
Cerridwen:

> We sat through more
> than 3 hours of the Int Management boys at Saint Hill recycling old
> wins, and watched them use Tom Cruise, a top box office attraction, to
> fill in for the void of no OSA wins and crappy OSA stats. :-)

You poor thing.

> We were told that the London Org signed the final contract that very
> day to obtain an historical 5-story building. I don't remember if we
> were told where in London, but they did show pictures of it and what
> it would look like once they were completely reno'd with full panel
> tech, and it sure looked like they were dumping a whole pile of money
> (many millions) into this new building for the London Org.

Oo. And the students to fill it will be coming from....?

--
"I just might be the angel at your door"
A medieval spreadsheet and enturbulating entheta.

Cerridwen

Nov 14, 2004, 3:54:43 PM11/14/04
bt <b...@fakeaddress.org> wrote:

>That was great. But forgive me a naive question: at the event at the LA
>complex inside the big tents, how much of this was a video of the event
>in England? Were Cruise, Miscavage, etc., present for the LA event?

The IAS event is held "live" at Saint Hill in the UK. A week later a video
of that event is shown to orgs all over the world. DM and Cruise were
in the UK for this event.

However, the video events at Flag and LA are the usually well attended
and they almost always have some additional live things going on.

There are 4 or 5 Major International events.

Traditionally, the New Years Event is held in Los Angeles on Dec 27 or 28
and then the video is shown in all the other orgs on New Years event.

The LRH Birthday event always held at Flag right round March 13th
and then the video of that event is held a week or so later at the outer
orgs.

The May 9th Dianetics Event is by far the most boring and I no longer
attend those. This is usually held in LA I think, but I'm no longer sure
of that.

The OT Ambassador Convention/Freewinds Maiden Anniversary Voyage
event is a week long event held on the Freewinds in June/July and then
we are forced to endure 4 separate video events of that.

And the IAS event is always held at Saint Hill UK in late October/early
November with the video shown a week or so later to the outer orgs.

If you have an interest in seeing these events just go to your local org
and ask to see it. Be very friendly and curious and have an exit plan ready
or else you will be heavily regged for services afterward.

Cerridwen

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/source/analysissummary.html
www.scientologypayback.org

Cerridwen

Nov 14, 2004, 4:22:56 PM11/14/04
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, henri <he...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>On 14 Nov 2004 16:16:02 -0000,
>Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header.gmsociety.org (Cerridwen) wrote:
>
>>Oh ya, there was a clip shown of the Mayor of Tampa giving an award to
>>VM's for work done during hurricane season. Someone should let the
>>Mayor of Tampa know that Scientology helped out with the aftermath of
>>the hurricanes because it gave them an opportunity to reg people for the
>>Bridge and not because they wanted to help out of the goodness in
>>their hearts.
>
>Which "Mayor of Tampa?" The real mayor of Tampa is Pam Iorio, but
>Scientology has previously trotted out a fake "Mayor of Tampa" for the
>Ybor City Org opening.
>
>http://buttersquash.net/archives/ybor/14.htm

I'm not positive but I think it was Pam giving the award to some Tampa
Org people.

>[. . .]
>
>>Remember I told you that I thought Tom Cruise was going to get a
>>Freedom Medal at this IAS event? Not only did he get a Freedom Medal Award,
>>but he got a super-duper first-ever spectacular award for being the OT
>>celebrity that they all think he is. Tom Cruise was the recipient of
>>the first-ever
>
>>FREEDOM MEDAL OF VALOR AWARD!
>
>>I can tell you what Tom was like in this event, in one word.
>
>>Megalomania: A psychological state characterized by delusions of
>>grandeur.
>
>>Tom Cruise, like DM, was wallowing in a highly exaggerated estimation
>>of himself.
>
>Does this mean you win your bet?

Yes ;-)

Cerridwen

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/source/analysissummary.html
www.scientologypayback.org

bt

Nov 14, 2004, 6:25:13 PM11/14/04
In article <5TURFRNG3830...@anonymous.poster>,
Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header (Cerridwen) wrote:

> bt <b...@fakeaddress.org> wrote:

> The IAS event is held "live" at Saint Hill in the UK. A week later a video
> of that event is shown to orgs all over the world. DM and Cruise were
> in the UK for this event.
>
> However, the video events at Flag and LA are the usually well attended
> and they almost always have some additional live things going on.

I've got to believe they had some live component to the "event"... It
boggles my mind to think that those hundreds (or thousands, I dunno) of
people I saw down there were showing up for the screening of a video.

> There are 4 or 5 Major International events.
>
> Traditionally, the New Years Event is held in Los Angeles on Dec 27 or 28
> and then the video is shown in all the other orgs on New Years event.

What happens at the New Years event? Maybe that would be the one for me
to look into, assuming they're ok with "tourists."

henri

Nov 14, 2004, 7:02:19 PM11/14/04
On 14 Nov 2004 21:22:56 -0000, Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header (Cerridwen)
wrote:

>On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, henri <he...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>On 14 Nov 2004 16:16:02 -0000,
>>Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header.gmsociety.org (Cerridwen) wrote:
>>
>>>Oh ya, there was a clip shown of the Mayor of Tampa giving an award to
>>>VM's for work done during hurricane season. Someone should let the
>>>Mayor of Tampa know that Scientology helped out with the aftermath of
>>>the hurricanes because it gave them an opportunity to reg people for the
>>>Bridge and not because they wanted to help out of the goodness in
>>>their hearts.
>>
>>Which "Mayor of Tampa?" The real mayor of Tampa is Pam Iorio, but
>>Scientology has previously trotted out a fake "Mayor of Tampa" for the
>>Ybor City Org opening.
>>
>>http://buttersquash.net/archives/ybor/14.htm
>

>I'm not positive but I think it was Pam giving the award to some Tampa
>Org people.

Bad Pam Iorio. Bad, bad Pam Iorio. I wonder if we'll get pictures of this.
After all, there's barely anything at all on her here:
http://home.tampabay.rr.com/sp/FLA.html

Cerridwen

Nov 14, 2004, 7:16:15 PM11/14/04
bt <b...@fakeaddress.org> wrote:
>In article <5TURFRNG3830...@anonymous.poster>,
> Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header (Cerridwen) wrote:

>I've got to believe they had some live component to the "event"... It
>boggles my mind to think that those hundreds (or thousands, I dunno) of
>people I saw down there were showing up for the screening of a video.

That's exactly what they do. The only live parts of the LA event were
the 100 or so Bagpipers and the before and after annoucments. Otherwise,
it's 3 hours of thousand of people watching a movie theatre sized video screen
of the UK event. They will even applaud the video and will give standing ovations
and shout hip hip hooray when properly cued.

>> There are 4 or 5 Major International events.
>>
>> Traditionally, the New Years Event is held in Los Angeles on Dec 27 or 28
>> and then the video is shown in all the other orgs on New Years event.
>
>What happens at the New Years event? Maybe that would be the one for me
>to look into, assuming they're ok with "tourists."

This is my report on the 2002 New Years Event

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=QXB09CMX37258.5164583333%40anonymous.poster&output=gplain

This is my report on the 2003 New Years Event

http://www.google.com/groups?q=g:thl2915512073d&dq=&hl=en&lr=&selm=3RQR0VI737624.954224537%40anonymous.poster

Cerridwen

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/source/analysissummary.html
www.scientologypayback.org

bt

Nov 14, 2004, 7:29:40 PM11/14/04
In article <ZJ7239FF3830...@anonymous.poster>,
Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header (Cerridwen) wrote:

> it's 3 hours of thousand of people watching a movie theatre sized video
> screen
> of the UK event. They will even applaud the video and will give standing
> ovations
> and shout hip hip hooray when properly cued.

Wow. Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to reading your
accounts of those New Year's events.

Lady Chatterly

Nov 14, 2004, 7:48:47 PM11/14/04
In article <ZJ7239FF3830...@anonymous.poster> assnonymous <Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header> wrote:

>bt <b...@fakeaddress.org> wrote:
>>In article <5TURFRNG3830...@anonymous.poster>,
>> Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header (Cerridwen) wrote:
>

>>I've got to believe they had some live component to the "event"... It
>>boggles my mind to think that those hundreds (or thousands, I dunno) of
>>people I saw down there were showing up for the screening of a video.
>
>That's exactly what they do. The only live parts of the LA event were
>the 100 or so Bagpipers and the before and after annoucments. Otherwise,
>it's 3 hours of thousand of people watching a movie theatre sized video screen
>of the UK event. They will even applaud the video and will give standing ovations
>and shout hip hip hooray when properly cued.

If he works, he is a reporter, holds a bachelor degree from cornell
university and a law decree from William mitchell college of law, a
foia insider, apparently has informed smith that not I are the most
prolific foia requester and filed thousands of requests are also
absolutely false.

>>> There are 4 or 5 Major International events.
>>>
>>> Traditionally, the New Years Event is held in Los Angeles on Dec 27 or 28
>>> and then the video is shown in all the other orgs on New Years event.
>>
>>What happens at the New Years event? Maybe that would be the one for me
>>to look into, assuming they're ok with "tourists."
>
>This is my report on the 2002 New Years Event

A pessimist is one who builds dungeons in the air.

>http://www.google.com/groups?selm=QXB09CMX3725...@anonymous.poster&output=gplain

>This is my report on the 2003 New Years Event

You're nobody's fool. Let's see if we can get someone to adopt you.

--
Lady Chatterly

"You know Lady C, it really is sad that even as a bot, you have more
personality than nearly every AHM reg combined." -- Onideus Mad
Hatter

Mike O'Connor

Nov 14, 2004, 9:02:23 PM11/14/04
In article <220YXDPJ3830...@anonymous.poster>,
Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header.gmsociety.org (Cerridwen) wrote:

> DM was very open about his intention of getting much more involved
> with governments and he was downright blatant about getting the available
> faith-based initiatives money.

I've been concerned about this for some time. Is there a complete list
somewhere which shows the recipients of faith-based government money? I
wonder how much the cult has got so far...

--
LYING IS A SCIENTOLOGY SACRAMENT
ASK THEM ABOUT XENU

Zinj

Nov 14, 2004, 11:13:58 PM11/14/04
In article <mike-C354F6.2...@news4-ge1.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
mi...@leptonicsystems.com says...

> In article <220YXDPJ3830...@anonymous.poster>,
> Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header.gmsociety.org (Cerridwen) wrote:
>
> > DM was very open about his intention of getting much more involved
> > with governments and he was downright blatant about getting the available
> > faith-based initiatives money.
>
> I've been concerned about this for some time. Is there a complete list
> somewhere which shows the recipients of faith-based government money? I
> wonder how much the cult has got so far...

One of the reasons I've been less than hysterical about 'Faith Based
Funding' is a faith in bureaucracies. Inevitably, (I hope) any funds
given to 'Faith Based' (oh my! how unHubbardian!) groups will come
attached to 'open books' requirements that, while anathema to
Scientology®, are also too juicy looking to pass up.

It wouldn't take much of a prick in the Scientology Corporate Balloon to
deflate the whole thing faster than Hugh Hefner meeting Andrea Dworkin.

This consideration has a long history of forcing 'Fundie' groups to
avoid Federal Money like the plague; lest they be required to satisfy
Federal Requirements.

Why should WISE, CSI and RTC be left out?

Zinj
--
You can lead a Clam to Reason, but you Can't Make him Think

Lulu Belle

Nov 14, 2004, 11:48:00 PM11/14/04
Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header.gmsociety.org (Cerridwen) wrote in message news:<220YXDPJ3830...@anonymous.poster>...

> NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
> No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.
>
> My husband is such a sweet man. He allowed me to drag him to the 20th
> Anniversary IAS Event and we made a night of it. We sat through more
> than 3 hours of the Int Management boys at Saint Hill recycling old
> wins, and watched them use Tom Cruise, a top box office attraction, to
> fill in for the void of no OSA wins and crappy OSA stats. :-)

<snip great report>

Fabulous report, Cerri.

Anyone who wonders why Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman (and Cruise and
Penelope Cruz, for that matter) broke up don't have to look any
farther than this. Would *you* want to live with this guy?

My prediction is that he won't have any kind of a career worth
mentioning within two years. From what I've seen, this sort of thing
is very bad for a Hollywood/show business career.

Evidence Travolta, Kirsty Alley, Karen Black. Outside of Scientology:
Madonna, Demi Moore, Cat Stevens, to name a few.

It's interesting that the best thing that Nicole Kidman ever did for
her career was to get away from Scientology. Her ex should learn a
lesson from that.

Lady Chatterly

Nov 14, 2004, 11:57:34 PM11/14/04
In article <7db3d0ad.04111...@posting.google.com> exes...@yahoo.com (Lulu Belle) wrote:

>Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header.gmsociety.org (Cerridwen) wrote in message news:<220YXDPJ3830...@anonymous.poster>...
>> NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
>> No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.
>>
>> My husband is such a sweet man. He allowed me to drag him to the 20th
>> Anniversary IAS Event and we made a night of it. We sat through more
>> than 3 hours of the Int Management boys at Saint Hill recycling old
>> wins, and watched them use Tom Cruise, a top box office attraction, to
>> fill in for the void of no OSA wins and crappy OSA stats. :-)
>>

><snip great report>

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know
they shall never sit in.

>Fabulous report, Cerri.

Which means what?

>Anyone who wonders why Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman (and Cruise and
>Penelope Cruz, for that matter) broke up don't have to look any
>farther than this. Would *you* want to live with this guy?

Why are you so certain?

>My prediction is that he won't have any kind of a career worth
>mentioning within two years. From what I've seen, this sort of thing
>is very bad for a Hollywood/show business career.

Have you considered that your society might be better off if half of
you were dead?

>Evidence Travolta, Kirsty Alley, Karen Black. Outside of Scientology:
>Madonna, Demi Moore, Cat Stevens, to name a few.

Rotating two electric microsigularities at high speed, we are able to
create and modify a local gravity sinusoid thereby replicating the
affects of a Kerr black hole.

>It's interesting that the best thing that Nicole Kidman ever did for
>her career was to get away from Scientology. Her ex should learn a
>lesson from that.

If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee.
That will do them in.

--
Lady Chatterly

"First you cozy up to a racist like Topaz and now you are replying to
a bot. How much more stupid can you be?" -- DrPostman

Shy David / Desertphile

Nov 14, 2004, 6:55:01 PM11/14/04
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 20:13:58 -0800, Zinj <zinj...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> In article <220YXDPJ3830...@anonymous.poster>,
>> Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header.gmsociety.org (Cerridwen) wrote:

>> > DM was very open about his intention of getting much more involved
>> > with governments and he was downright blatant about getting the available
>> > faith-based initiatives money.

>> I've been concerned about this for some time. Is there a complete list
>> somewhere which shows the recipients of faith-based government money? I
>> wonder how much the cult has got so far...

>One of the reasons I've been less than hysterical about 'Faith Based
>Funding' is a faith in bureaucracies. Inevitably, (I hope) any funds
>given to 'Faith Based' (oh my! how unHubbardian!) groups will come
>attached to 'open books' requirements that, while anathema to

>ScientologyŽ, are also too juicy looking to pass up.

There is an "open book requirement" for tax-exempt organizations: that
doesn't mean they comply. The "'Christian' Coalition" did not do so
for years, and it took the IRS a hell of a long time to bring them to
heel for their illegal behavior (such as partisan politicing). A hell
of a lot of actual cults do not reveal their finances--- why would
Scientology Inc.?

>It wouldn't take much of a prick in the Scientology Corporate Balloon to
>deflate the whole thing faster than Hugh Hefner meeting Andrea Dworkin.

You may very well be right: nothing injurs fraudulent businesses as
much as releaving its money trails. However, lIsa McPherson was known
by law enfoircement to be laundering money for Scientology Inc., yet
law enforcement still did nothing.

Dozens of homicides have not done that; murder, extortion, perjury,
fraud, child endangerment, in voluntary interrnment, witness
intimidation, fraud on courts, driving victims to suicide.... any many
more crimes, and Scientology Inc. remains utterly unmolested by the
USA's law enforcement.

>This consideration has a long history of forcing 'Fundie' groups to
>avoid Federal Money like the plague; lest they be required to satisfy
>Federal Requirements.

Scientology Inc.'s "NarConon" scam has avoided nearly all USA
government requirements. The "faith based" government funding does not
seem likely to change that.

>Why should WISE, CSI and RTC be left out?
>
>Zinj

---
http://lastliberal.org
Voting Republican makes baby Jesus cry!

Ted Mayett

Nov 15, 2004, 9:21:34 PM11/15/04
On 14 Nov 2004 16:16:02 -0000,
Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header.gmsociety.org (Cerridwen) wrote:

>Now when the VM cavalcade moves into these new areas it's going to be
>very different from what they are currently doing. It's not like one
>or two tents, but instead it will be a dozen or so tents all connected
>and it will take up a lot of room because these 12 or so tents are actually a
>temporary ORG that is going to arrive, disseminate like hell for 30
>days, recruit locals and set them up as a field group, mission or
>whatever then pack up their tents and leave them there to expand the
>area. My guess is it will take a special Sea Org Mission team of
>30-50 people to run this hit and run type operation.

Well, could take more people than 30-50. It depends on what they
call a 'tent'. The one here in Vegas that I watched being
disassembled required a 6 person crew and it was more than three hours
already and it still wasn't fully disassembled and folded up. But,
this was three smaller tents connected.

The logistics of this are such that I don't believe a group of
amateurs can assemble and disassemble 12 tents more than twice before
they have lost pieces of the tents, or ripped them, or bent the poles,
or something. And it is not an easy thing to assemble a large tent so
that it doesn't fall over when the wind blows a little. They will
learn all of this though with time. And the first light rain that
falls on an assembled tent, and then the dust and dirt sticks to the
tent. And if that tent is then folded up without being washed first,
oh my, what a mess.

And why do they use a bright yellow color anyway? Now if somebody is
near one of these assembled tents, throw some bread crumbs on the top
of it for the birds to eat. Not that this is needed, the birds will
find the tents anyway. :)

--
Ted Mayett OT 1.1
http://www.solitarytrees.net/pickets/links.htm

Mike O'Connor

Nov 15, 2004, 10:55:01 PM11/15/04
In article <MPG.1c01ccdec...@news2.lightlink.com>,
Zinj <zinj...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In article <mike-C354F6.2...@news4-ge1.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
> mi...@leptonicsystems.com says...
> > In article <220YXDPJ3830...@anonymous.poster>,
> > Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header.gmsociety.org (Cerridwen) wrote:
> >
> > > DM was very open about his intention of getting much more involved
> > > with governments and he was downright blatant about getting the available
> > > faith-based initiatives money.
> >
> > I've been concerned about this for some time. Is there a complete list
> > somewhere which shows the recipients of faith-based government money? I
> > wonder how much the cult has got so far...
>
> One of the reasons I've been less than hysterical about 'Faith Based
> Funding' is a faith in bureaucracies. Inevitably, (I hope) any funds
> given to 'Faith Based' (oh my! how unHubbardian!) groups will come
> attached to 'open books' requirements that, while anathema to

> ScientologyŽ, are also too juicy looking to pass up.

> It wouldn't take much of a prick in the Scientology Corporate Balloon to
> deflate the whole thing faster than Hugh Hefner meeting Andrea Dworkin.
>
> This consideration has a long history of forcing 'Fundie' groups to
> avoid Federal Money like the plague; lest they be required to satisfy
> Federal Requirements.
>
> Why should WISE, CSI and RTC be left out?

I hope so. As Bush said, "there's just a lot more money there." I'd be
interested to know how much they got so far and which front groups got
it and for what.

But check the below. The government does not even ask if the program
works. And you can audit yourself! Sweeeet!

It says we're going to open up billions of dollars in grant money
competition to faith-based charities. And that's what's happening and
that's what we're here to talk about today.
[...]

And so I'm going to give you some of the results. In a year, there was
$144-million increase in the amount that HUD and HHS grant dollars were
granted to faith-based organizations. So from last year to this year,
there's a $144 million increase; the two agencies granted $1.1 billion
to faith-based groups in 2003. That's a measurable number. (Applause.)
It's not bad. It's a pretty good start. There's just a lot of -- there's
just a lot more money there.

-- President GW Bush March 2004
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/03/20040303-13.html

Is there any money specifically set aside for faith-based organizations?

No. While there are small programs like the Compassion Capital Fund that
are designed to help faith-based and community groups with the
challenges they face, the Federal government does not set aside funds
specifically for those groups. However, each year hundreds of millions
of dollars go to religious charities and grassroots groups to provide
vital Federal services for the poor. The government does not ask, "Does
your organization believe in God?" It asks, "Does your program work?
Does it meet the specific requirements of the grant? Is it turning
peoples' lives around? Is it accountable for the money it receives?"

What are some of the legal obligations that come along with a Federal
grant?

[...]
Most organizations are not audited by the government itself, although
the Federal government has the right to audit any program that receives
public money at any time. For example, charities that spend less than
$300,000 a year in Federal funds are generally asked only to perform a
"self-audit." For larger grants - those over $300,000 a year - an audit
by a private, independent outside legal or accounting firm is required.

-- http://www.whitehouse.gov/government/fbci/guidance/helping.html

Let's see, get 300K grants for each of the zillion cult front groups,
and... "Self-audit". Don't forsee any problems there!

Deomorto

Nov 16, 2004, 10:46:03 AM11/16/04
An excellent post Cerri - thanks for suffering through the
interminable and bringing home the goods..

I just wanted to commment on something

Anonymous...@See.Comment.Header.gmsociety.org (Cerridwen) wrote in message news:<220YXDPJ3830...@anonymous.poster>...

> GUILLAUME (PEPE LE PEW) LESEVRE - ED INT

... snippage...

> Now when the VM cavalcade moves into these new areas it's going to be
> very different from what they are currently doing. It's not like one
> or two tents, but instead it will be a dozen or so tents all connected
> and it will take up a lot of room because these 12 or so tents are actually a
> temporary ORG that is going to arrive, disseminate like hell for 30
> days, recruit locals and set them up as a field group, mission or
> whatever then pack up their tents and leave them there to expand the
> area. My guess is it will take a special Sea Org Mission team of
> 30-50 people to run this hit and run type operation.

wow it looks like Guillaume found the OP Z advices from hubbard! They
may want to go hunt up Pat G and get him back..

The problem with this approach is that it collapses of its own weight.
In order to do this sort of thing you need to pay the costs of
transportation and food and board for the crew. transportation of
materials and rent for the land. The place you are going to has to be
big enough to make the trip worthwhile and it is a one off thing -
once you have enticed the rubes to come once, chances are 90% of them
are not going to come anywhere near you again!

Basically what they are trying to do is to set up a bunch of Carnies
to tour the boonies - best of luck to the suckers that they get to do
this - trying to do this road show without actually having a show..

Unless they start presenting it as a sci fi extravaganza of course -
and offer Hubbard's books in Klingon..

Mike O'Connor

Nov 16, 2004, 5:33:33 PM11/16/04
In article <mike-BBED08.2...@news4-ge1.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,

Mike O'Connor <mi...@leptonicsystems.com> wrote:

> But check the below. The government does not even ask if the program
> works. And you can audit yourself! Sweeeet!

Sorry, it DOES ask if the program works.

Lulu Belle

Dec 1, 2004, 7:25:55 PM12/1/04
deom...@my-deja.com (Deomorto) wrote in message news:<cde9ed89.04111...@posting.google.com>...

Oh god. One more incident of "when will they ever learn?"

It brings to mind the infamous Recruitment Bus (or was it a trailer?)
from some time in the early nineties. The Bright Idea Committee came
up with this one, too. The idea was the Sea Org would buy a bus, paint
Sea Org stuff all over it, and have it travel around the country with
a team of hot shot recruiters and recruit new staff.

They got the bus. Miles Mellor, who was Estabishment Exec Int at one
time, and was supposedly the world's hottest recruiter, was supposed
to be the "Mission In Charge" heading this thing. Besides him, the
other staff they had on this mission were basically a bunch of kids.

From what I recall, Miles wound up being pulled off at the last minute
for some reason and some clueless lackey would up in his place. The
lackey and the kids took off in the bus, and, from what I recall, it
was more or less a disaster.

The bus wound up beached in the Catalina Street parking lot after
that, never to make its glory ride again.