Why I love the internet.

Emma

Nov 3, 2006, 7:07:15 AM11/3/06
If it wasn't for the internet:

David Miscaviage wouldn't have announced the launch of the Scientology &
Dianetics web sites on the internet to "wipe out the SP's presence". I
didn't even know what the internet was at that time. Later that week I went
to an internet cafe and learnt how to log onto a site. I only looked at
Scientology.org and Dianetics.org but it was a start.

I wouldn't have noticed the PTS declare on Mike Balint on the Melbourne
Org's noticeboard. He was in big trouble for being "involved" with SP
activity on the internet. I became curious about what all the fuss was
about.

I wouldn't have had to deal with Div 6 PCs being blown off because they read
entheta on the net. I had to listen to some of the claims being made on the
net from these individuals.I didn't believe any of it at the time but it did
concern me.

I wouldn't have noticed DSA Mary Anderson talking about the "hate site"
Operation Clambake before muster one morning.

I wouldn't have gone out and bought a very cheap, very old PC with a modem
and asked a fellow Scientologist to hook me up to the internet so I could
learn about this new thing everyone was talking about. Truthfully, I wanted
to search for recipes, but in the back of my mind I knew one day I'd be
tempted to look for info on Scientology.

I wouldn't have had anywhere to look for information when the situation at
my Org grew so intolerable that I thought I was going crazy and knew there
was something very wrong.

I couldn't have typed the word "scientology" into a search engine and found
the information I needed to shatter my illusion.

I wouldn't ever have known the truth about Hubbard, his lies and his evil
creation.

I would never have known I was involved in a cult. And I would not have had
the courage to leave.

I would never have read stories from hundreds of other people who were just
like me who had escaped the mental trap and were living happier lives.

I would never have realised I wasn't alone.

I would never have made lifelong friends who understood what I had gone
through and where I had to go.

I wouldn't have had anyone to ask questions of, anyone to challenge my
beliefs or anyone to point me to documented evidence that showed me what a
fool I'd been and what sort of a trap my "friends" were still in.

I would not have had the courage to get a wog job and start my life over.

I would not have stopped my husband from putting my daughter into a
Scientology school. She now attends a great school, has lots of friends and
is learning about all different types of religions and beliefs.

I would not have realised that my marriage was based on a phoney "religion"
and that once you took the indoctrination away, nothing was left. I am now
free of that.

I would not have had access to thousands of pages of information about
education, help for single parents, university courses and jobs.

I would not have a sane, unidoctrinated child, a good job, a nice car, live
in a lovely apartment, have nice furniture and own a dog. I would never have
had the time to walk a dog.

I would not have been able to afford trips to the dentist, optometrist or
family doctor for me or my daughter. I now have properly prescribed glasses
and no more tooth aches.

I would not be enrolling in a diploma course (starting in February) at a
highly respected university to study a subject I love - DIPLOMA OF
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (WEB DESIGN AND MULTIMEDIA)

I can say without a second's hesitation that the internet saved my life.
Thankyou to every single person who owns or hosts a site, told their story
or posts to newsgroups and messageboards.

As Dr Touretzky likes to say:

"No wonder Scientology HATES the internet".

- Emma

Saucy111

Nov 3, 2006, 7:20:47 AM11/3/06

That is a wonderful post.

I'm glad that you have had the strength of will and character to take a
stand and stop participating in a "Church" that lies, cheats and abuses
it's members.

I know it's tough to start over, but it sounds like you've come a long
way, and are doing what you love with your life. I hope your story
gets out there, inspiring others to question the practices of their
Church, question the cover-ups and lies, and take a stand against such
a hate-filled and horrible "Church".

Emma

Nov 3, 2006, 7:37:57 AM11/3/06

"Saucy111" <sauc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Thankyou :)

It has been almost 6 years since I first typed "Scientology" into google.

Every day, even on the worst days, I thank my lucky stars that I got out
when I did (after 9 years *in*) and that I was around in the age of the
internet. I could have easily lost another 20 or 30 years.

- Emma

Magoo

Nov 3, 2006, 8:29:17 AM11/3/06

"Emma" <emm...@bonbon.net> wrote in message

Now if we could only fit all of that on a picket sign......:)

Congratulations, Emma, and well said!

I join you in saying:

" I can say without a second's hesitation that the internet saved my life.
>>> Thankyou to every single person who owns or hosts a site, told their
>>> story
>>> or posts to newsgroups and messageboards".

AMEN!

Thanks to *all* the people who have come and helped expose their stories, or
observations and knowledge about this insidious cult of Scientology.

Freedom is wonderful always, and I think may even be more
revered when one has been tricked out of it for some time.

If you're lurking and wondering if what Emma has said is true,
and could be true for you.........here's my suggestion:
Leap! And the Net will appear :)

Thanks, Emma~and best to ALL,

Tory/Magoo~~

Susan

Nov 3, 2006, 9:08:57 AM11/3/06

"Emma" <emm...@bonbon.net> wrote in message

Emma,

Wonderful post.

Congratulations on escaping the cult, reclaiming your life, and good luck on
your new career.

Susan

Eldon

Nov 3, 2006, 9:10:52 AM11/3/06

Lucky stars indeed. I guarantee you that the worst days you have now
are far BETTER than your "best" days in Scientology would be if you had
remained there much longer.

Scientology is always worse than one imagines it is, and it only gets
worse than that as time passes.

> - Emma

Hartley Patterson

Nov 3, 2006, 9:52:30 AM11/3/06
Emma emm...@bonbon.net:

> If it wasn't for the internet:

> I would not have a sane, unidoctrinated child, a good job, a nice car, live

> in a lovely apartment, have nice furniture and own a dog. I would never have
> had the time to walk a dog.

And you would not have been able to write that excellent post in English
that wogs could understand.

And you achieved all those things for yourself at no charge, without any
courses or books or lectures? Amazing.

> I would not be enrolling in a diploma course (starting in February) at a
> highly respected university to study a subject I love - DIPLOMA OF
> INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (WEB DESIGN AND MULTIMEDIA)

So now you're going to learn how to help others and spread the word.
Even better.

--
"I just might be the angel at your door"
http://www.newsfrombree.co.uk

Message has been deleted

Zinj

Nov 3, 2006, 10:57:10 AM11/3/06
In article <alex-D1C2FE.0...@news.west.earthlink.net>,
al...@hull.edu says...
> In article <4r0pnkF...@individual.net>, "Emma" <emm...@bonbon.net>
> Congratulations on finding Self determinism. Sincerely.
>
> Hopefully when you come to seek pan determinism, we will be here for you.
>
> alex

I'll overlook (for the moment) the hive-mindish 'We', but, let's
look at this 'self-determinism'/'pan-determinism' thangy.

It's one of the selling points for Scientology, but, because of
its implications, it's also something the 'Church' (and Hubbard)
felt needed to be thoroughly obfuscated and weasle-worded.

The lowest point on the 'determinism' continuum (for
Scientology) is 'other-determinism'; where the person is being
controlled/directed by 'others' outside himself.

Next up is 'self-determinism', where the person controls his
*own* reactions, actions, thoughts/feelings etc.

On the one hand, most of us would agree that this is a 'good'
thing (but, also that it's remote from the reality of the
'controlled' and brainwashed Scientologist), but, even as a
stand-alone there are disturbingly 'solipsist' implications. In
one way, it's a rephrasing of the also ominously disassociated
'true for you'.

The Scientology Glossary says: determinism: "the ability to
direct or determine the actions of someone or something. Thus
something done “on one’s own determinism” would be caused by the
person himself, not by a force exterior to him."

So, 'self-determinism' is determinism: "the ability to direct or
determine the actions of self".

Unusual in Scientology, but, let's accept for the moment that
it's a 'good thing', and, ignore the potential pitfalls of
purely 'solipsist determinism', divorced from 'outside
influences'.

Next 'up the scale' is what Alex is wishing for Emma: Pan
Determinism. What does the Scientology Glossary say here?

"pan-determined: able to view both sides. Pan-determinism is
across determinism or determinism of two sides. If a person were
playing both sides of a chess game, he would be exercising pan-
determinism. See also determinism in this glossary."

Here's where the weasle-wordism and obfuscation comes in. The
specific mention of 'view both sides' distracts from the
*actual* promise of 'pan-determinism', which is not only to
'view' both sides, but *control* both sides.

In other words, to become the 'determinism' for others; to
*become* the other for people who are 'other-determined'.

Control.

When you play both sides of a chess game, you *are* both sides
of the chess game, and the 'opponent' isn't only defeated; he
ceases to exist.

For Scientology, pan-determinism is the ability to 'control'
others; to control reality. Anyone familiar with Scientology
has run across the puerile fantasies of 'mind control' and
'making people do what you want', and, that is what Scientology
both wants for itself and promises its adepts.

Hogwash, of course, but, the promise does lead any number of
naive suckers into abandoning their *own* 'beingness' to merge
themselves with the 'pan-determined' 'We ARE ALL' hive.

Which brings us back to Alex' 'We' :)

Zinj
--
You Can Lead a Clam to Reason; but You Can't Make Him Think

Gerry Armstrong

Nov 3, 2006, 11:07:30 AM11/3/06
On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 15:16:54 GMT, Alex <al...@hull.edu> wrote:

>In article <4r0pnkF...@individual.net>, "Emma" <emm...@bonbon.net>
>wrote:
>

>Congratulations on finding Self determinism. Sincerely.
>
>Hopefully when you come to seek pan determinism, we will be here for you.

Hubbard's pan determinism:

[Quote]

Testosterone blends easily with your own hormones. Your glands already
make plenty of needed testosterone and by adding to that store you
make yourself very thrilling and sexy. Testosterone increases your
sexual interest and activity. It makes erections easier and harder and
makes your own joy more intense. Stilbesterol in 5 mg doses makes you
thrill more to music and color and makes you kinder. You have no fear
of what any woman may think of your bed conduct. You know you are a
master. You know they will be thrilled. You can come many times
without weariness. The act does not reduce your vitality or brain
power at all. You can come several times and still write. Intercourse
does not hurt your chest or make you sore. Your arms are strong and do
not ache in the act. Your own pleasure is not dependent on the
woman's. You are interested only in your own sexual pleasure. If she
gets any that is all right but not vital. Many women are not capable
of pleasure in sex and anything adverse they say or do has no effect
whatever upon your pleasure. Their bodies thrill you. If they repel
you, it merely means they themselves are too frigid or prudish to be
bothered with. They are unimportant in bed except as they thrill you.
Your sexual power is magnificent and they know it. If they are afraid
of it, that is their loss. You are not affected by it.

You have no fear if they conceive. What if they do? You do not care.
Pour it into them and let fate decide.

The slipperier they are the more you enjoy it because it means their
mucous is running madly with pleasure.

There is nothing wrong in the sex act. Nothing any woman may say can
change your opinion. You are a master. You are as sensitive and sexy
as Pan. Lord help women when you begin to fondle them. You are master
of their bodies, master of their souls as you may consciously wish.
You have no karma to pay for these acts. You cannot now accumulate
karma for you are a master adept. Your voice is low and compelling to
them. Singing to them, for you sing like a master, destroys their will
to resist. You obey the conventions, you commit no crimes because you
need not. You can be intelligently aware of their morals and the laws
of the land and fit your campaign expertly within them.

[End Quote]
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/writings/ars/ars-2000-03-11.html
http://www.carolineletkeman.org/refund/docs/ron-series/ron-the-satyr.html

And to other Scientologists, pan determinism is corruption and
criminality. So if you want to be corrupt and criminal, Scientology
works.

The Merrell Vannier case is perhaps the clearest example of
Scientology's pan determinism at work. Vannier is a lawyer and a
Scientologist whom the cult placed in a position where he was
"representing" Clearwater, Florida Mayor Gabe Cazares, who was then
litigating against the cult. Vannier was caught and disbarred, because
Scientology pan-determinism is illegal.

Scientology and Scientologists don't want to adhere to the rules of
the games they play; they want pan determinism. They want to control
both sides. Scientology's pan determinism tech for baseball, for
example, is to have "players" on both teams so they can throw the game
when DM places his bet. Scientology pan determinism on a.r.s. includes
infiltrating a bunch of fake "critics" into the "controversy" and
"discussion," and get "critics" fighting "critics." That's one reason
I left the "critics" group years ago, if I was ever a member. The
Scientology cult's "Snow White" program is a classic case of
Scientology pan determinism in action.

If you really want to win so bad you'll employ dishonesty, corruption
and criminality, then Scientology pan determinism is definitely for
you. Scientology and Scientologists, such as cult op Alex here, pedal
pan determinism corruption and criminality as a state superior to
normal self determinism, which can be honest, non-corrupt and
non-criminal. To sociopaths, of course, Scientology pan determinism is
ideal, because dishonest, corruption and criminality is how they
achieve their goals. So if you're a sociopath, or want all the
advantages that go with sociopathy, Scientology pan determinism is
definitely the way to go. And, as Alex says, when you come to seek
sociopathy, Scientology and Scientologists will indeed be there for
you. Be careful though, because Scientologists, being sociopaths or
dramatizing sociopathy, and consequently dishonest, corrupt and
criminal, won't tell you about the terrible side effects and failures
of their pan determinism tech, such as Merrell Vannier, Snow White and
a.r.s.

>alex

© Gerry Armstrong
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org

Muldoon

Nov 3, 2006, 11:07:28 AM11/3/06

Alex wrote:

-snip-

> Congratulations on finding Self determinism. Sincerely.
>
> Hopefully when you come to seek pan determinism, we will be here for you.
>

> alex

"Pan determinism," brought to you by Grim Trickster L. Ron Hubbard, the
man who invented Xenu, invented himself as "Savior," gave us the very
secret and dangerous "R6 Bank," gave us the "dwindling spiral," and a
universe packed with "degraded beings," and the man who gave us no less
than "Satan with a lisp" with the ever popular "thetan," which is to
used instead of the supposedly cumbersome word, "spirit."

Pan determinism:

http://d21c.com/wal9/poems/crowley.html

Ah, if only Hubbard's "Pan determinism" were so interesting, but, alas,
it's just another Hubbardian gimmick.

IO Pan!

antisectes

Nov 3, 2006, 11:27:16 AM11/3/06
Great Post, Emma, thanks.

Indeed, like you concluded, no wonder scientology hates internet.

There is more behind: no wonder scientology wants to control every
communication in the world: that's symptomatic from every totalitarism
to have this pulse toward inhibiting any communication outside one's
own.

roger

"Emma" <emm...@bonbon.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
4r0pnkF...@individual.net...

Eldon

Nov 3, 2006, 11:54:27 AM11/3/06

Gerry Armstrong wrote:

> Hubbard's pan determinism:

Oh, you mean he was talking about the mythological Pan? ;-)
www.classicalvalues.com/pan.jpg

Gerry Armstrong

Nov 3, 2006, 12:22:42 PM11/3/06
On 3 Nov 2006 08:54:27 -0800, "Eldon" <Eldo...@aol.com> wrote:

>Gerry Armstrong wrote:
>
>> Hubbard's pan determinism:
>
>Oh, you mean he was talking about the mythological Pan? ;-)
>www.classicalvalues.com/pan.jpg

That's him. And that's why you shouldn't let the Scientologists get
your goat.

© Gerry Armstrong
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Hartley Patterson

Nov 3, 2006, 2:03:19 PM11/3/06
Alex al...@hull.edu:

> Congratulations on finding Self determinism. Sincerely.
>
> Hopefully when you come to seek pan determinism, we will be here for you.

It rather looked as though she'd discovered that substituting jargon for
plain English is just another cult isolation trick. "No one can
understand what I'm saying! Mr. Hubbard was right, they are all STUPID."

Zinj

Nov 3, 2006, 2:15:20 PM11/3/06
In article <alex-8F68FB.1...@news.west.earthlink.net>,
al...@hull.edu says...
> In article <MPG.1fb52f7d6...@news-server.woh.rr.com>,
> Thats a lot of words and work to misconstrue something.
>
> Obviously controlling both sides would negate the existence of
> difference.
>
> But operating from different viewpoints, or perspective or contexts is a
> more holistic approach to life. Aligning common goals and assisting
> others on common purposes, being responsible for more than ones own
> narrow interests, is pan-determinism.
>
> alex

I'll have to thank you Alex, since far from demonstrating the
'miscontruing' of the term 'pan-determinism' you've chosen to
demonstrate exactly the 'weasle-wordism' and 'obfuscation' I
mentioned.

If you'd like, I'll go find a dozen or so examples of
*Scientology's* version of 'pan-determinism' as expressed by
'controlling' others; making others think what you want; making
others do what you want, and, I can find them not only in silly
'Big Win' stories, but in the words and promises of L. Ron
Hubbard.

But, I'm sure you're aware of them; you're just not choosing to
connect them with the high-sounding 'pan-determinism', since it
makes it sound puerile and controlling and manipulative.

But, to go from your *own* words (slippery-slope-Verbal-
Techism!) what you're calling 'operating from different
viewpoints' turns out to be 'aligning *common* goals' and
'assisting in *common* purposes' and doesn't really require any
'operating from different viewpoints' at *all*, only from
*common* viewpoints, which are *common*, and therefore *your
own*.

Once you have manipulated the 'other' to your viewpoint,
regardless of what his *own* was, you share a *common*
viewpoint. You have made *your* viewpoint the 'common'
viewpoint.

And *that's* exactly what I said in the first place.

After all, as Ron said, 'The purpose of ethics is to eliminate
counter-intention, and, after that is accomplished, to eliminate
*other* intention'.

And *that* is what 'pan-determinism' is; and, it's not nearly as
unselfish and high-minded as your weaslewordism :)

Emma

Nov 3, 2006, 4:00:20 PM11/3/06

"Zinj" <zinj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You've explained it very well Zinj.

I am perfectly happy now to allow others to determine themselves. I used to
be of the mindset that "pan determinism" was somehow better, but you are
totally correct in saying it is all about control. Dominant control.

This doesn't mean you can't love thy neighbour, save the forests or
discipline your kids. But it does mean that if thy neighbour doesn't love
you back you can stop inviting him to BBQs ;-)

- Emma

Emma

Nov 3, 2006, 7:20:42 PM11/3/06

"Susan" <enlighte...@ca.rr.com> wrote in message

Thanks :)

I'm sooo excited about starting this course. I haven't looked forward with
this much anticipation since I was a teenager.

This is a huge leap for me, a total lifestyle change, but one I'm hoping
will suit me.

- Emma

Emma

Nov 3, 2006, 7:22:10 PM11/3/06

"Hartley Patterson" <hpt...@daisy.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Emma emm...@bonbon.net:
>
>> If it wasn't for the internet:
>
>> I would not have a sane, unidoctrinated child, a good job, a nice car,
>> live
>> in a lovely apartment, have nice furniture and own a dog. I would never
>> have
>> had the time to walk a dog.
>
> And you would not have been able to write that excellent post in English
> that wogs could understand.
>
> And you achieved all those things for yourself at no charge, without any
> courses or books or lectures? Amazing.
>
>> I would not be enrolling in a diploma course (starting in February) at a
>> highly respected university to study a subject I love - DIPLOMA OF
>> INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (WEB DESIGN AND MULTIMEDIA)
>
> So now you're going to learn how to help others and spread the word.
> Even better.

Absolutely!!! No prize for guessing what my first web site will be about!!!
;-)

- Emma

Tigger Tigger

Nov 4, 2006, 10:42:13 AM11/4/06
Thank you Emma for a wonderful post and testimony about the good life
one can have after leaving Scientology.

May you continue to prosper and find happiness in the wog world, where
you own you own your own life.

Best,

Tigger

Ball of Fluff

Nov 4, 2006, 12:07:57 PM11/4/06

"Emma" <emm...@bonbon.net> wrote in message
> If it wasn't for the internet:

<snip wonderful text>

Yes, CofS does everything it can to keep its staff members down.

You know, it's funny. When I was on staff, we used to have a saying "If it's
ok to do, it's ok to talk about it."

But CofS does not operate by that standard at all, do they?

www.claireswazey.com

R. Hill

Nov 4, 2006, 3:16:52 PM11/4/06

Alex wrote:
> In article <MPG.1fb52f7d6...@news-server.woh.rr.com>,
> Zinj <zinj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Thats a lot of words and work to misconstrue something.
>
> Obviously controlling both sides would negate the existence of
> difference.

20/20, 1982, "Scientology"
http://www.xenutv.com/us/2020-1.htm

«VO: Ford Schwartz says Scientology's police organization called the
Guardian's Office assigned him and his wife Andrea to pose as
deprogrammers, people who help people get out of Scientology.

caption--FORD SCHWARTZ, Former Scientologist

FORD SCHWARTZ: The point of the operation was to become the enemy
completely.

STOSSEL: So you had one of your own people leading the opposition.

***ANDREA SCHWARTZ: And--what better way to play the game? Playing both
sides.***

STOSSEL: You fooled Flynn.

FORD SCHWARTZ: I infiltrated the Michael Flynn network.

STOSSEL: He got you.

FLYNN: He got me.»

They were just applying scientology as the founder really wanted it to
be applied.

And as another example, later the Cult Awareness Network was taken over
by a scientologist...

Ray.

Mike Balint

Nov 7, 2006, 5:18:38 AM11/7/06

Hi Emma

This is Mike Balint. Could you please email us?

Mike

Emma

Nov 7, 2006, 5:39:11 AM11/7/06
Done.

Check your inbox.

Emma

"Mike Balint" <mba...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

butterflygrrrl

Nov 7, 2006, 5:50:01 AM11/7/06
Wow, Emma, I am so impressed by your courage!

And by the courage of everyone who can take that leap.

You are all an inspiration.

Emma

Nov 7, 2006, 6:19:08 AM11/7/06
OOOH MY GOD!!!!

Another reaon I LOVE the internet!!!

- Emma

Scientology...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2006, 6:41:52 AM11/7/06

Emma,

that has to be the best post I have read on this site. I must admit I
shed a tear while reading it. I am so happy for you and for your
daughter.

Good luck with the course.

Emma

Nov 7, 2006, 7:00:08 AM11/7/06

<Scientology...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Thank you so much for your kind words.

I'm overjoyed tonight to find that an old friend escaped not long after me
and is also living a happy fullfilling life because of the information found
on the net.

Life is good ;-)

- Emma

Verminius Lardiculi

Nov 7, 2006, 7:01:36 AM11/7/06
Thanks for posting your story Emma. Due to that mental strait-jacket of
self-policing into which we were conditioned while in the cult, It
takes a hell of a lot of courage for a scientologist to even consider
looking at negative reports, and since the cult is somewhat
intimidating with regard to the disaffected and apostate, it takes even
more courage to tell your story.

To illustrate this trap, while in the cult, I once ordered Lamont's
book 'Religion Inc', but bottled out and cancelled my order due to fear
of spending a hefty time in the ethics office, not to mention the cost
of review auditing to deal with my exposure to 'squirrel data' on
OTIII. At the time, I also believed this information might well affect
my health - Hubbard said OTIII is carefully rigged to 'kill anyone'
unprepared for its power by doing the previous levels. It took me a few
more years to finally get disillusioned to the degree that I awoke from
the effects of thought-reform.

Yours is a fantastic example to set, you've got more bottle than I
have!

Cheers,

FD

Emma

Nov 7, 2006, 7:13:09 AM11/7/06

"butterflygrrrl" <butterf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Thanks :-)

But at the time it wasn't courage but more desperation.

You know in your heart something is very wrong and you are desperate for
answers. Once you take that leap there is no turning back.

- Emma

Emma

Nov 7, 2006, 7:23:40 AM11/7/06

"Verminius Lardiculi" <oneminut...@lineone.net> wrote in message

Thank you, you are very kind but I think you give me too much credit

After I read the OTIII data, I was terrified I'd get sick or go insane by
"freewheeling" through the incident.

After a year without getting even a cold (which was amazing because while on
staff I was always sick), I figured I wasn't going to die or go insane :-) I
also realised by that time that no one on ars had contracted pnemonia
either - heh!

I didn't just get a bit upset one night and decide to look at entheta. It
took an huge amount of immoral treatment heaped on my (then) husband and
myself by the Execs at the Org, over a long period of time, that finally
snapped something in my mind. I "knew" I could get very sick by reading OT
data but I figured that life couldn't possibly get any worse.

I'm not sure that you'd call that courage. It's more like desperation
really.

We each get out in our own time and in our own way.

- Emma

Verminius Lardiculi

Nov 7, 2006, 8:10:33 AM11/7/06
I find both of our experiences very telling indictments of the coercive
nature of the cult. I have a big problem with those who say that there
is 'no force involved', and you can just 'walk out the door'. Sure you
can, but our history with the cult shows that there is layer after
layer of psychological warping which prevents you from making that
choice. This coercion is magnified by being on staff, and exponentially
so by being in the SO.

I'm still gonna disagree with you though, because I feel you were
*very* courageous. The courage you displayed was in the form of making
a decision which would doubtless change your life for ever. It's as
irreversible as deciding to take prozac half way through OTVII, knowing
that you'll become an illegal Pre-OT and totally burn your 'Bridge'!
Even in spite of the myriad injustices perpetrated by several heavy
handed Sea Org personnel against you and your husband, you knew that by
investigating the 'entheta', you'd more than likely close the door to
your own personal salvationm for eternity. That's courage - perhaps
born out of desperation - but nonetheless, it takes serious bravery to
take those steps.

That's something which impresses me greatly - in case after case, the
illusion of the workability of 'the tech' sticks around longer than the
disaffection caused by heavy ethics and the general insanity of working
in orgs. You know that you have to leave, because you recognise that
Miscavige and his ilk are 'off-source' and demolishing scientology. But
leaving the CofS means barring your way up the Bridge, possibly forever
(faithful scientologists are conditioned to stamp out the Freezone -
it's thought to be 'squirrel' and therefore it's not an option). Most
think the 'tech' is workable until quite some time after leaving, which
means it's very brave indeed to throw in the towel and do some internet
research.

It's only later that one realises that the whole shebang is an illusion
-- and nothing in the cult is more illusory than the 'tech. (There
simply isn't any 'tech'! All they've gotta do is produce one individual
who has even the slightest OT ability. By doing this, they will be
eligible to win James Randi's still-unclaimed one million bucks for
proving that there actually is such a thing as paranormal phenomena.
Now what OT wouldn't want to do this? A million dollars would do lots
of things, such as pay for the L's and the KTL/LOC on the Freewinds;
all the Flag only Rundowns; advance payment for Super Power; and
whatever OT courses they wanna do on the ship! Result! Come on then all
you causative OTs, get in touch with the James Randi Educational
foundation and get claiming your money!)

http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

So anyway, here's the bottom line: accept it Emma, you're bloody
courageous, so blimmin' well live with it! :)

FD

Keith Henson

Nov 7, 2006, 10:50:36 AM11/7/06
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 10:18:38 GMT, "Mike Balint"
<mba...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>Hi Emma
>
>This is Mike Balint. Could you please email us?
>
>Mike

Another use for the Internet, reconnecting to old friends.

Hope you stick around and tell your story Mike.

snip

>> I would not have a sane, unidoctrinated child, a good job, a nice car,
>> live in a lovely apartment, have nice furniture and own a dog. I would
>> never have had the time to walk a dog.

Dogs beat cults any day. :-)

snip

>> As Dr Touretzky likes to say:
>>
>> "No wonder Scientology HATES the internet".
>>
>> - Emma

Heh.

Keith Henson

butterflygrrrl

Nov 8, 2006, 1:30:16 AM11/8/06
Yes, Emma, don't say it wasn't courage. While in the cult, you got too
used to being put down. You should be shouting about it from rooftops.

You inspire people. Accept it.

I know you're going to do great in your classes and congratulations on
your new life!

All my best!

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Muldoon

Nov 8, 2006, 10:33:36 AM11/8/06

Alex wrote:
> In article <1162671412.5...@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

> "R. Hill" <rh...@xenu-directory.net> wrote:
>
> > Alex wrote:

-snip-

> > 20/20, 1982, "Scientology"
> > http://www.xenutv.com/us/2020-1.htm
> >
> > «VO: Ford Schwartz says Scientology's police organization called the
> > Guardian's Office assigned him and his wife Andrea to pose as
> > deprogrammers, people who help people get out of Scientology.
> >
> > caption--FORD SCHWARTZ, Former Scientologist
> >
> > FORD SCHWARTZ: The point of the operation was to become the enemy
> > completely.
> >
> > STOSSEL: So you had one of your own people leading the opposition.
> >
> > ***ANDREA SCHWARTZ: And--what better way to play the game? Playing both
> > sides.***
> >
> > STOSSEL: You fooled Flynn.
> >
> > FORD SCHWARTZ: I infiltrated the Michael Flynn network.
> >
> > STOSSEL: He got you.
> >
> > FLYNN: He got me.»
> >
> > They were just applying scientology as the founder really wanted it to
> > be applied.
> >
> > And as another example, later the Cult Awareness Network was taken over
> > by a scientologist...
> >
> > Ray.
>

> Thank you for pointing out the efficacy of the aforementioned methods.
>
> Kind of makes one wonder about the big names in criticism, huh?!

> (Is the loudest voice to most authentic?)

-snip-

> > > alex

Perhaps the sickest thing about L. Ron Hubbard's "Scientology" is that
it can't stop lying.

It/they seeks to project this quality on to others, including those who
have - correctly - noted its existence in it/them.

Alex is a victim, corrupted to the core, he cannot stop lying for L.
Ron - even when he "tells the truth," it's part of a greater gimmick
and intended to manipulate.

Prey for Alex. The opaque goo-film on the Hubbardian bubble in which he
is trapped is growing thicker.

Muldoon

Nov 8, 2006, 10:42:07 AM11/8/06

That's an interesting typo:

Don't let yourself be prey for Alex and his Cult, and their sneaky
ways.

But pray for Alex.

butterflygrrrl

Nov 8, 2006, 3:10:06 PM11/8/06
Message has been deleted

Scientology...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2006, 3:41:55 AM11/17/06

Emma wrote:
> If it wasn't for the internet:
>
> David Miscaviage wouldn't have announced the launch of the Scientology &
> Dianetics web sites on the internet to "wipe out the SP's presence". I
> I would not have a sane, unidoctrinated child, a good job, a nice car, live
> in a lovely apartment, have nice furniture and own a dog. I would never have
> had the time to walk a dog.
>
> I would not have been able to afford trips to the dentist, optometrist or
> family doctor for me or my daughter. I now have properly prescribed glasses
> and no more tooth aches.
>
> I would not be enrolling in a diploma course (starting in February) at a
> highly respected university to study a subject I love - DIPLOMA OF
> INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (WEB DESIGN AND MULTIMEDIA)
>
> I can say without a second's hesitation that the internet saved my life.
> Thankyou to every single person who owns or hosts a site, told their story
> or posts to newsgroups and messageboards.
>
> As Dr Touretzky likes to say:
>
> "No wonder Scientology HATES the internet".
>
> - Emma

This is such a good post, thought it should be bumped for anyone who
missed it