Former chief of scientology Austria on TV show (translation)

brick in the wall

Jun 18, 2005, 10:55:11 AM6/18/05
translation from Austrian tv website announcement

---------------- Begin quote ORF----------------

Wilfried Handl, former chief of Scientology Austria

For 28 years he was a highly ranked member of Scientology, that
organization, which likes to find the way into the headlines via
celebrities like Tom Cruise or John Travolta.

What behind the walls of this cult-like group is going on, only know
the fewest.

He has faced and practiced hours of interrogations, absolute control,
and travels into past lifes.

One learns hereby, to live and act without any kind of emotions. "It is
the target to switch off emotion, since body and brain can be
controlled much easier."

Only when he suffered from cancer, he had managed to exit. "Scientology
mediated that behind my illness is the own malicious will. That was too
much for me", Wilfried Handl, former chief of scientology Austria,
tells Barbara Stöckl in the show.

Contact:

Verein "Mensch vs. Scientology"
Gesellschaft gegen Dogmen und Abhängigkeiten
1170 Wien
Hotline: <I snipped, I do not know, whether Mr. Handl would like to
have his phone number posted here>
E-Mail: scien....@ausstiegsberatung.at
Internet: www.mensch-versus-scientology.at

Buch von Wilfried Handl:
"Wahn und Wirklichkeit - 28 Jahre in einer Psychosekte"
Eigenverlag
ISBN 3-200-00394-4
Das Buch ist entweder direkt im Buchhandel oder über den Verein
"Mensch vs. Scientology" erhältlich

--------------------End quote
ORF-------------------------------------------

I have watched the show.

Mr. Handl was very eloquent, intelligent and kind of relaxed in an
admirable manner. He said some things which impressed me very much,
like that he felt like "de-I-ed" (ent-ich-t). His former wife and two
of his three sons are still in scientology. He can not keep contact
with them, nor do former friends of him want to keep the contact. He
denied to call it a church.

He spent about 140.000.- Euros to scientology, but most of it for
courses for his wife, who seems to have made a big way up the bridge,
as scientologists would say. He left, I think I remember right, 3 years
ago.

He spoke also about him being not just a victim, but a perpetrator as
well and said, that 28 years long one is not just a victim, but becomes
a perpetrator as well. He feels very sorry and apologized, for what he
did to others while he was "in".

He said, that in the beginning everything sounded fascinating and even
acceptable for him, "Hell comes later", he said. His then girlfriend
brought him to scientology.

He said, that his girlfriend nowadays only lately said to him, that she
has the feeling he is going to leave his "Zombie-I" behind and that, he
starts to act sometimes more like a human being again. That is, because
he has to learn how to feel again. And sometimes he already can do it.

It was an interesting interview.

.::brick in the wall::.