Going OT

Patty Pieniadz

Mar 5, 2006, 8:11:18 PM3/5/06
After leaving staff (the Guardians Office) I worked at Delphi Boston for a
few months. I absolutely disliked working there so I left and went to work
as a waitress in a really nice Boston restaurant. I was shocked at how much
money a waitress could make and did rather well considering that up until
then I had been making peanuts for the past two and a half years.

I worked at this restaurant until I became pregnant. I didn't want to
be on staff and have children as I had always felt that being a full time
mom was a good thing.

Our son Derek is now 22 and he is a really nice guy. I love my son more
than life itself. I am so fortunate that he never joined the SO. Not that
they didn't try! But that is another story.

When Derek was about 18 months old, I went back to work part time for the
Great American Picture Company (GAPCO). At that time George Freeman was the
owner of the company. George is a nice guy that I recently contacted and
found out that he was still in.

I told him it was OK if he wrote up a KR on the phone call because I knew he
was currently on his PTS/SP course and would end up with a huge withold if
he didn't tell. God, is that nutty or what?

It was funny but that night I just rang up a few Scientology friends and it
was very
interesting because some (like George) were still in and others quietly out.
The ones that are quietly out, just love to gossip!

In 1989 I was working for the Great American Picture Company (GAPCO) in
Boston, Mass.

I was considered part owner but of course there was nothing in writing about
it. It's just an example of the sloppy way some Scio's do business. We
were all OT's and being a partner meant that as long as you were "in ethics"
and "on the bridge" you were part owner and shared the wealth, but if you
"leave Scientology" you get nothing and this was a non verbal agreement. We
all thought that way so there was no reason to sign papers.

The Executive Director of GAPCO at that time was my good friend, Maureen O'keefe,
who was then auditing on OT 7. The Head of Sales (PES) was OT 8 Anne
Strickland, the OES, was Anne's husband, Curt Strickland, who was also
auditing on OT 7. GAPCO even build a special room in the business offices
so that the people on OT 7 could go and Solo Audit there. This was a
company run on Scientology policies. What a nightmare!

The sales force at that time consisted of myself, and a very nice man and OT
V named Chris Harrison, and a very lovely and talented man named Rick
Birkenshaw, who was also auditing on OT 7 at that time.

Most Scientologist I know are very nice people. It seems the mean ones rise
to the top.

Since I was the only non OT part owner in the company Maureen and Anne
decided it was time for me to do the OT levels.

I personally did not see this happening any time soon because my husband,
Bobby was the Deputy Executive Director of Boston org and then the ED and
making something like 20 to 30 dollars a week. Our son, was attending
Delphi and I was basically supporting the family and paying for Delphi and
all the bills and trying to make payments on to the Bridge.

Anne and Maureen decided that I was going to go to Flag do the OT levels and
there would be no stops on this. I was to leave for Flag on Jan 3rd, 1990.

I was instructed by Maureen and Anne to get as many applications for Company
credit cards as I could and to fill them out, which I did. I was
told that I would be paid $1000.00 a week while doing my OT levels and that
Anne Strickland would handle my finances while I was gone, insuring that my
bills were paid and my husband and son taken care of while I was gone.

In the past, the company had paid for the OT levels of both Anne and Curt
Strickland so I assumed that they would also cover these credit card charges
that the company was about to rack up for my OT levels.

I arrived at Flag on Jan 3rd but only had about 11 thousand dollars from the
company credit cards. I needed a lot more to pay for all the services I
needed to do at Flag to get me through OT 3 including paying for room and
board.

Maureen got with a Scientologist named Leslie McDermott who was a very nice
lady with excellent credit. Maureen regged Leslie to max out all her credit
cards in order for me to do the OT levels. She assured Leslie that I would
be making lots of money when I returned as GAPCO would then be run by OT's
and that this was really a "theta" thing to do.

Leslie did it, and my OT levels were "secured".

I'll leave doing the OT levels for another story, but I will say that I had
a great time at Flag for the 3 months I was there. It was like a 3 month
vacation with people that all thought exactly alike. LOL. If you are into
group agreement (like I was) this is like being in heaven.

By mid March 1990 the money for room and board had run out and I was under a
lot of pressure to complete for LRH's Birthday. I completed OT III in March
and then flew home.

When I arrived home I found out that the promise of pay for $1000.00 a week
had never happened and that I was in the process of being evicted from my
apartment, my lights and phone were shut off for non payment and I was 3
months behind in my Delphi tuition and all the monthly payments for all the
credit cards were now overdue as well. These credit card payments came over
to $1000.00 a month. Anne had paid me very little during the time I was at
Flag. This bunch of ethical OT's had crashed stats while I was gone and of
course no one would dare tell me about my financial situation because that
would have cause entheta and a distraction while I was on the OT levels.

I was completely overwhelmed. I had no money and had to do some fast
maneuvering to get my financial situation under control. It was such a
nightmare that I didn't think I would ever be able to recover, but I got
back on the sales lines and started to make some money. Stress was my
middle name. Anne was not even slightly apologetic about this.

I finally came to realize that the above incident overwhelmed me to such a
degree that I didn't start recovering from the effects of it until recently
when I finally set my own financial house in order.

It was financially and emotionally a cripple. I couldn't deal with
financial things until
recently. I developed an aversion to them due to being stress out for so
long. But I finally have it under control.

GAPCO was doing so poorly that some weeks there was no pay at all and the
weeks that we were paid, Maureen would take my entire pay check and pay the
company credit card bills that had been used to pay for my OT levels. This
left me with no money for food, rent, gas, or anything else.

There was no way I could pay the bills, and support my husband who was on
staff making little to nothing and paying Delphi $450 a month so my son
could be protected from the "evil psychs" in the public schools. I'm not
kidding, I really used to think like that.

I also found out later that Maureen was paying Curt and Anne full pay and
not paying me. I'm not really sure why that was but when I got my hands on
the check book I discovered that she was doing this quite frequently.

I'm sure Maureen had this somehow justified as being the "greatest good".
The fact was that it was illegal and GAPCO would play hanky panky with the
money all the time.

I was drowning and was told I was responsible for the situation and that I
should do O/W write ups and conditions to handle it.

Being that I was such an indoctrinated idiot I attempted to stick it out.

But I knew that if I stayed the situation would only get worse because
Maureen was driving GAPCO into the ground with the application of LRH tech.

I left GAPCO and jumped from the frying pan into the fire. I started
working for Bridge Publications as a Wholesale bookseller.

But that's another story.

Patty

If you would like to email me, remove the words
"no spam"from my email address.

TIP #1

In order to properly eat a doughnut you need some liquids
to wash it down. Coffee, milk, and Mountain Dew are the
three most widely accepted doughnut chasers with coffee
and milk having the added value of 'dunkability'.

RolandRB

Mar 5, 2006, 8:14:41 PM3/5/06

Is that the "Love Goddess"? She looks like Elvis Presley with his head
kicked in.

realpch

Mar 5, 2006, 8:58:27 PM3/5/06

Ohhhh! It's hard to know what to say about this. It's totally painful
reading it. Arrgghhhh! Bummer! I wonder how many people had the same
thing, more or less, happen to them. Probably a lot.

Peach

Simkatu

Mar 5, 2006, 11:22:10 PM3/5/06
Patty Pieniadz wrote:

> After leaving staff (the Guardians Office) I worked at Delphi Boston for a
> few months. I absolutely disliked working there so I left and went to work
> as a waitress in a really nice Boston restaurant. I was shocked at how much
> money a waitress could make and did rather well considering that up until
> then I had been making peanuts for the past two and a half years.

<snip>

> Being that I was such an indoctrinated idiot I attempted to stick it out.
>
> But I knew that if I stayed the situation would only get worse because
> Maureen was driving GAPCO into the ground with the application of LRH tech.
>
> I left GAPCO and jumped from the frying pan into the fire. I started
> working for Bridge Publications as a Wholesale bookseller.
>
> But that's another story.

Thanks for sharing your story here Patty. I personally think stories
like yours are perhaps the most important posts that appear on A.R.S.
Through these stories people outside of CoS can gain insight into what
attracts people to Scientology and people inside of Scientology can see
that one can leave Scientology and become a highly functional
communicator that is more free in thought than ever before.

It is never too late to leave the Church of Scientology. Many people
that have spent more than 20 years of their life involved with
Scientology have recently got the courage to tell the Church of
Scientology, "NO!, you people cannot control everything I do, who I
see, and who I talk to, and how I should think."

Thank goodness we have the Internet to spread these stories far and
wide.

Who needs a $30 million vault in the desert to protect your writings
when you have literally thousands of people storing these stories
across the globe!

No wonder CoS hates the Internet!

We anxiously await the next chapter of your story.

--
Simkatu

Uncle Tom's manor

Mar 5, 2006, 11:31:27 PM3/5/06

Patty Pieniadz wrote:
> After

I don't believe you, Cerridwen.

Why the heck did you join Scientology in the first place?

~~~~
Victoria ("Tory" "Magoo") Christman: "F*ck you!"
(She was found in contempt of court for refusing to give up her
harassment.) She disconnected from husband and son. Just ran out of
them.
~~~~
"I thought I was an alien myself. So I am in fact a space alien invader
disguised as psychiatrist plotting and conspiring all day long." --
Senior psychiatrist Ulf Brettstam
"ECT (Electro Convulsive Therapy), one of the best validated medical
treatment in the history of medicine." -- Senior psychiatrist Ulf
Brettstam
And now dig this: http://www.ect.org/effects.shtml
~~~~
Redneck William "Charlie" Barwell, from Houston, Texas, is a documented
hate monger, liar and spammer:
http://bernie.cncfamily.com/sc/barwell.htm
He is member of the weird and money oriented SubGenius cult but
hypocritically attacks and defames Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard.
Barwell signed his postings as "pope", and his mental state is
questioned by others. Barwell wrote he loves cats in white wine sauce,
drinks beer, rum and loves skunks.
~~~~
French hate monger Roger Gonnet: "I am a patented criminal, I got every
vices, and I have as single fixed idea and only obsession humanity's
death, (me living, everyone else dead). I am preaching satan and
hells... I am a monarchist-royalist as well as a Stalinist-Hitlerian
strong follower; I hate every people."
~~~~

wbarwell

Mar 6, 2006, 12:49:33 AM3/6/06
Uncle Tom's manor wrote:

> Patty Pieniadz wrote:
>> After
>
> I don't believe you, Cerridwen.
>
> Why the heck did you join Scientology in the first place?

Why are you such a small person?
Why do you hide, -8.0 is so low toned.
What is your stupid little name?

I guess those communication course you paid so
much far are a bust, aren't they?

--

An Inuit hunter asked the local missionary priest: "If I did not know about
God and sin, would I go to hell?" "No," said the priest, "not if you did

Cheerful Charlie

roger gonnet

Mar 6, 2006, 3:03:35 AM3/6/06

"Patty Pieniadz" <ppienia...@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
471ghpF...@individual.net...

No doubt, Patty, "YOU MUST", "RIGHT NOW!" ;-)) write a book : very few people
here have such a talent as you have to write great stories , very understandable
ones, on the cult.

The only thing to be changed to get a book for the non-scios will be to rewrite
the scienobabble, and sometimes, to skip it.

You're really talented!

roger gonnet

Mar 6, 2006, 3:04:08 AM3/6/06

"Uncle Tom's manor" <Uncl...@saintly.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1141619487.9...@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

> Patty Pieniadz wrote:
>> After
>
> I don't believe you, Cerridwen.

Yes yo do. But you're the scientology liars, OSAers.

Grundoon

Mar 6, 2006, 6:35:37 AM3/6/06
to mail...@dizum.com

Thanks for posting, Patty! Welcome to ARS.

I bet this explains why OSA thinks Cerridwen has a button on
"trouble
with credit cards". They thought Cerri was Patty and would cave
if
they worked that credit card line, culled from Patty's auditing
folders.
They fed it to Virginia when the Janet Lee thing fell flat.

--
Grundoon
Read about Scientology at http://www.truthaboutscientology.com