Village Voice reports on CNN's report...

banchukita

May 8, 2008, 1:16:53 PM5/8/08

R. Hill

May 8, 2008, 2:36:53 PM5/8/08

Not so long ago, it was Mike Rinder doing what Tommy Davis did on CNN.
Anne Archer must be so proud of her (lying) son...

«Nan McLean: My daughter will tell you a very interesting thing she told
me, she is the one and only that didn't come in [Scientology]. She said
"Mother, I have always known you to be the most honest person I have
ever known, and now you're telling me it's ok to lie for Scientology."
That's when a began to look. God that still hurts.»

--
Ray.

David Miscavige, as quoted by Larry Brennan: "a million has got to go...
half a million has got to go ... work out whatever the significance is..."
http://xenutv.wordpress.com/2007/11/09/the-edge/

Don Larson: "I manipulated a half-million-dollar inheritance out of Bob
B... [David Miscavige] called me up in the middle of the night [about
Bob B...] He wanted the money."
http://www.xenu-directory.net/news/behar19861027.html

Squeaky

May 8, 2008, 2:52:33 PM5/8/08
Gosh, I hope Tommy Davis doesn't have to bend over and let David
Miscavige punch him in the face for his poor showing today :(

Magoo

May 8, 2008, 4:31:30 PM5/8/08

"banchukita" <banch...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Totally! Here's my response, whether it gets on there, or not:

Excellent report, Tony! You are doing a FABULOUS job of once again exposing
the insanities of Scientology.
Yes! Their upper level, "OT 3" claims one is covered with dead space aliens
(Story at www.xenu.net) and one must get rid of them, to the tune of
thousands of dollars.(Like 30K-100K)
Also, great timing! Happy Thursday, OSA.
(Scientology's 'Stats" end at Thursday at 2:00) and IF a 'bad article" isn't
"handled" (Making Scientology look better) by 2:00--heads shall roll.
My best :)

Tory/Magoo~~ Dancing more and more! :)

Android Cat

May 8, 2008, 4:41:22 PM5/8/08
> Not so long ago, it was Mike Rinder doing what Tommy Davis did on CNN.
> Anne Archer must be so proud of her (lying) son...
>
> «Nan McLean: My daughter will tell you a very interesting thing she
> told me, she is the one and only that didn't come in [Scientology].
> She said "Mother, I have always known you to be the most honest
> person I have ever known, and now you're telling me it's ok to lie
> for Scientology." That's when a began to look. God that still hurts.»

And when she quit and testified against them, CoS paraded coffins down the
main street of her town. It's not like any religion we know eh?

Watching Nan at a picket is quite something. She's under agreement not to
*say* anything about Scientology, but nothing stops her from holding a sign,
and her presense is a bit like green kryptonite to the Homo-Novus of the
Org.

Scientology Critics Assail Aggressiveness of Church August 28, 1978, Robert
Rawitch, Los Angeles Times
http://www.xenu.net/archive/go/media/la280878.htm
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/657779062.html?dids=657779062:657779062&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI
(pay archive)

Forty miles north of Toronto, in the small community of Sutton, Ontario, a
55-year-old housewife named Nan McLean has been an equally vocal critic of
Scientology, and her conflicts with the church have been intense.

Mrs. McLean joined Scientology in 1969 and for several years worked full
time at one of the church's counseling "franchises" -- now called
missions -- in Toronto. Before she left in the fall of 1972 she had brought
her husband, two sons, and daughter-in-law into the church.

One son, John, now 26, dropped out of high school in his senior year to join
Scientology and spent nearly two years aboard the church's flagship, the
3,280-ton yacht Apollo.
But when the McLeans became disenchanted with Scientology and sought refunds
for some of the counseling courses they had taken, conflict erupted with the
church -- and escalated as the McLeans began publicly criticizing the church
in new articles and on radio and television.

In a little more than five years, the Church of Scientology has filed nearly
a dozen lawsuits -- most of them for libel -- against various members of the
family in the United States and Canada, instigated criminal charges alleging
harassing phone calls from the McLeans, and conducted a mock funeral for the
family down the main street of Sutton.

A judge dismissed the criminal charges after testimony that three of the
calls actually were placed by Scientologists to the McLeans.

On April 25, 1974, a Canadian court ordered the church "not to carry on
public demonstrations against" Mrs. McLean, distribute literature describing
her as a "lost soul," or otherwise refer to her previous association with
Scientology.

Mrs. McLean in turn was ordered to cease impugning Scientology on radio and
television until a church suit against her (to reclaim a $1,300 refund it
paid her) is resolved.
Amid these legal battles, two Toronto men were arrested on April 17, 1974,
in what police said was an aborted attempt to break into an attorney's
office. The office was that of Nan McLean's attorney. The following day a
court hearing was scheduled in one of the suits the Church of Scientology
had brought against her.

The two men later pleaded guilty to possession of burglary tools and were
sentenced to two years probation.

Although a police search of their apartment found material on Scientology,
neither man acknowledged affiliation with the church during interviews with
police or with probation officials.

Asst. Crown Atty. Brian McIntyre, in a letter to Mrs. McLean dated Nov. 3,
1975, said a police investigation revealed that both men were members of the
Church of Scientology.

There is no evidence the men were acting at the direction of the church.
===

Naturally, with hindsight, it's obvious (and documented) that they were
working for and under the direction of the Guardian Office (later renamed to
the Office of Special Affairs).

'Priority' critics of church faced special handling January 9, 1980, Charles
Stafford, Scientology: An in-depth profile of a new force in Clearwater, St.
Petersburg Times
http://www.antisectes.net/sp-times-scientology-special-report-pulitzer-price.pdf#page=8

That March 19, the open face of Scientology announced that it was selling
the church's seagoing flagship, the 3,287-ton Apollo, because it had
established a new "land base" in Clearwater.

But the secret face was plotting. Eleven days later Mitchell Hermann (who
was also known as Mike Cooper), southeast U.S. secretary, wrote Lisa:
"Attached is a list of ops customers in order of priority. Please begin
(actually please continue) sending up ops on these folk. Robert Snyder,
Mayor Cazares, Poynter/Patterson, Steve Advokat (unless he shifts off the
heavy entheta)/Mike Pride/ Stuart, Orsini/Andy Barnes, Nan McLean..."

Eugene C. Patterson was editor and president, Bette Orsini a reporter and
Andrew Barnes the managing editor of The St. Petersburg Times. Ron Stuart
was the managing editor, Mike Pride the city editor and Steve Advokat a
reporter for the Clearwater Sun; Nan McLean was a disaffected church member.

--
Ron of that ilk.

banchukita

May 8, 2008, 8:37:55 PM5/8/08
On May 8, 3:41 pm, "Android Cat" <androidca...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> R. Hill wrote:
> > banchukita wrote:
> >>http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2008/05/scientolo...

> >> Awesome!
>
> > Not so long ago, it was Mike Rinder doing what Tommy Davis did on CNN.
> > Anne Archer must be so proud of her (lying) son...
>
> > «Nan McLean: My daughter will tell you a very interesting thing she
> > told me, she is the one and only that didn't come in [Scientology].
> > She said "Mother, I have always known you to be the most honest
> > person I have ever known, and now you're telling me it's ok to lie
> > for Scientology." That's when a began to look. God that still hurts.»
>
> And when she quit and testified against them, CoS paraded coffins down the
> main street of her town.  It's not like any religion we know eh?
>
> Watching Nan at a picket is quite something.  She's under agreement not to
> *say* anything about Scientology, but nothing stops her from holding a sign,
> and her presense is a bit like green kryptonite to the Homo-Novus of the
> Org.
>
> Scientology Critics Assail Aggressiveness of Church August 28, 1978, Robert
> Rawitch, Los Angeles Timeshttp://www.xenu.net/archive/go/media/la280878.htmhttp://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/657779062.html?dids=657779...
> Petersburg Timeshttp://www.antisectes.net/sp-times-scientology-special-report-pulitze...

> That March 19, the open face of Scientology announced that it was selling
> the church's seagoing flagship, the 3,287-ton Apollo, because it had
> established a new "land base" in Clearwater.
>
> But the secret face was plotting. Eleven days later Mitchell Hermann (who
> was also known as Mike Cooper), southeast U.S. secretary, wrote Lisa:
> "Attached is a list of ops customers in order of priority. Please begin
> (actually please continue) sending up ops on these folk. Robert Snyder,
> Mayor Cazares, Poynter/Patterson, Steve Advokat (unless he shifts off the
> heavy entheta)/Mike Pride/ Stuart, Orsini/Andy Barnes, Nan McLean..."
>
> Eugene C. Patterson was editor and president, Bette Orsini a reporter and
> Andrew Barnes the managing editor of The St. Petersburg Times. Ron Stuart
> was the managing editor, Mike Pride the city editor and Steve Advokat a
> reporter for the Clearwater Sun; Nan McLean was a disaffected church member.
>
> --
> Ron of that ilk.

Ron, please post this under it's own heading; it's too important to be
buried here.

-maggie, human being

Out_Of_The_Dark

May 8, 2008, 9:37:46 PM5/8/08
On May 8, 1:16 pm, banchukita <banchuk...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2008/05/scientolo...
>
> Awesome!
>
> -maggie, human being

Bump the spam

Android Cat

May 8, 2008, 10:46:14 PM5/8/08
banchukita wrote:
> On May 8, 3:41 pm, "Android Cat" <androidca...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> R. Hill wrote:
>>
>>> «Nan McLean: My daughter will tell you a very interesting thing she
>>> told me, she is the one and only that didn't come in [Scientology].
>>> She said "Mother, I have always known you to be the most honest
>>> person I have ever known, and now you're telling me it's ok to lie
>>> for Scientology." That's when a began to look. God that still
>>> hurts.»
>>
>> And when she quit and testified against them, CoS paraded coffins
>> down the
>> main street of her town. It's not like any religion we know eh?

> Ron, please post this under it's own heading; it's too important to be
> buried here.

Done. After a long period when most people on ARS were mostly up to speed
on how completely appalling CoS has acted in the past, it's hard to remember
that this is new to a lot of people.

John Dorsay

May 9, 2008, 12:38:54 AM5/9/08

Hey, it's good to remind those of us who *do* know, too. The
stories of day-to-day petty harassment by the cult have become
routine, over the last few years. It's easy to forget that there is
a large, rich organization throwing substantial resources into *all*
of the harassment.

The nonsense on RFW is just as much a product of the
evil-to-the-core Happy Fun Cult harassment machine as was Keith
Henson's jail sentence for walking on a public highway with a picket
sign. The harassment machine may have been more effective in
Keith's case, but the motivation is just the same in *every* case.

Every aspect of *this* case demonstrates the very real and
persistent malice of Scientology. Just like the others.

John

Eldon

May 9, 2008, 4:27:24 AM5/9/08
On May 9, 6:38 am, John Dorsay <restimula...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Android Cat wrote:
> > banchukita wrote:

> >> Ron, please post this under it's own heading; it's too important to be
> >> buried here.
>
> > Done. After a long period when most people on ARS were mostly up to speed
> > on how completely appalling CoS has acted in the past, it's hard to remember
> > that this is new to a lot of people.
>
> Hey, it's good to remind those of us who *do* know, too. The
> stories of day-to-day petty harassment by the cult have become
> routine, over the last few years. It's easy to forget that there is
> a large, rich organization throwing substantial resources into *all*
> of the harassment.

Yes, there is so damn much of it that it makes my brain tired just
trying to retrieve a particular incident.

Eldon

May 9, 2008, 4:32:07 AM5/9/08
On May 8, 10:31 pm, "Magoo" <mago...@charter.net> wrote:
> "banchukita" <banchuk...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2008/05/scientolo...

> > Awesome!
>
> > -maggie, human being
>
> Totally! Here's my response, whether it gets on there, or not:
>
> Excellent report, Tony! You are doing a FABULOUS job of once again exposing
> the insanities of Scientology.
> Yes! Their upper level, "OT 3" claims one is covered with dead space aliens
> (Story atwww.xenu.net) and one must get rid of them, to the tune of

> thousands of dollars.(Like 30K-100K)
> Also, great timing! Happy Thursday,

Ha! I loved the comments correcting him about the DC-8 vs. DC-3.

Maybe one of these days, we should do a little explanatory video about
the various aspects of BTs and clusters, including "shell BTs", which
can be interesting since they sort of surround the entire body.