RI-542i Correct and Joyful Confessional Procedure - Part II

Koos Nolst Trenite

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

RI-542i 'Correct and Joyful Confessional Procedure - Part II'

from Ambassador for Mankind (Ron's Inspector)

Message # RI-542i for Internet

In Part I we have looked at

Step 1. "WHICH NON-SURVIVAL ACT OF YOURS
WOULD YOU LIKE TO CONFESS, NOW?"

(For simplicity we consider a non-survival omission to act
also a 'non-survival act',
like the act of not interfering, of not speaking up,
of not informing, etc.)

Step 2. "TELL ME ABOUT THAT ACT OF YOURS
TILL YOU YOURSELF ARE SATISFIED WITH DESCRIBING IT TO ME
AS A NON-SURVIVAL ACT."

Repeat step 2.
If NO satisfaction can be achieved by repeating step 2.,
then say that it would be better to work together
on finding another non-survival act to confess to.

We looked at
how we achieve mutual understanding and help
with a correct and joyful confessional procedure, in Part I.

We looked at
what we need to understand about confession
and what are the things to avoid.

With step 1. and 2.
we arrived at a statement by the confessant
of what non-survival act he wants to confess to, and
we achieved a mutual understanding
and desire to be helped and a desire to help,
from the confessant, and
from the confessor (who hears the confession),
respectively.

So now we can really go to work on the non-survival act
the confessant wants to confess to.

We asked him what he likes to confess to,
in step 1.

Then we asked him to describe that AS A NON-SURVIVAL ACT,
in step 2.

And we established understanding about it,
and the desire to help and be helped.

On step 3. and step 4.
we fulfill that desire,
we carry these intentions to help and to be helped out,
through the confession,
and
then the confession of THAT non-survival survival act
is complete.

What could one expect at completion of confession
about one non-survival act?

It could be that the confessant has
achieved a release (becoming free),
of compulsions,
of "unavoidability",
of "can't fully trust myself about the non-survival act",
of "must not be reminded of it",
of propitiation when accused,
of making self small,
of "must avoid doing actions which are reminding of it",
of "can't stand up to others who demand that he does it again",
of feeling uneasy when the subject of his act is talked about,
of compulsively having to admit or describe his act to everyone,
of explaining his present condition
"because he once committed this non-survival act",
of having to "crusade against everyone who committed such an act,
of "having his attention on it all the time",
of "having to deny to others that he did it",
of "having to say or think it was different than it really was",
of "blaming it all on himself"
and refusing to see what others did in it,
of assigning cause to circumstances or events
rather than to the individuals
who caused these circumstances or events,
of apathy about "being forced to do it",
etc. etc.

Such a release can be
temporary, longer lasting, or maybe permanent,
and it can be on any or several of the things mentioned above,
to a lesser or greater extent, or completely.

Again, people are VERY DIFFERENT.

People have very different goals,
also for what they want to achieve by confessing,
they have very different interests,
and they set their importances accordingly,
knowingly or unknowingly.

To give you an example,
I once, as a boy, attended a violin concert.
At the end of the concert, I refused to applaud the soloist
who gave a good performance
but who interrupted his solo-part when he made a mistake.
He looked at me when I did not applaud and he felt upset.
I considered
that I had committed a non-survival act on him
by refusing to acknowledge his excellent performance
of the rest of the concert.

People have VERY DIFFERENT goals
they want to achieve with their confession.

What one person considers very bothersome for himself,
another could not even begin to see as something
he would like to confess to,
or as something he would like to
be released from being bothered by.

So we just do the steps 3. and 4.

First we do
step 3. of the confessional on the non-survival act,
till the confessant is released of something.

Only he can really tell you what he is released from.
But you can see it when it happens, because he brightens up.

That is the release:
he brightens up,
he has a realization about it,
he has achieved a new viewpoint about the non-survival act, and
he is happy about his new viewpoint on it.
That is the end of the step.

And then we do step 4. on the non-survival act,
and there we again see the same thing happening.
We also do step 4. till
he brightens up, till
a release occurs.

There is nothing complicated about this.

You do step 3. till
he brightens up, till
there is a release for him.
And then you do step 4. till
he brightens up, till
there is a release for him.

And that's ALL.
No discussions, no complications, no sermons, no psychology,
just a confessant who has brightened up.
One time on step 3.
And again, another time, on step 4.

And that is the end of the confession for that non-survival act.

At another day
you might like to do another confession,
and you can start with step 1. and step 2. again,
to find another non-survival act,
and you do step 3. and step 4. on that non-survival act.

And another day
you might again like to find the next non-survival act,
and do the confessional procedure on that one.

And so on, till, one day,
you have a very very bright person in front of you,
who is ready to take on his life and the world
with a smile and great confidence,
and you have won a big friend,
and the confession is fully completed.

And if he wants to come back for another confession
after some months or some years,
well, that's fine,
because life is going on,
and there are probably other things he wants to look at
with a correct and joyful confessional procedure.

I promised to tell you step 3. and step 4. in Part II,
which is this Bulletin.
But, as you see, then this Bulletin would become too long.
So we have to do this in Part III.

Continued in
RI-545i 'Correct and Joyful Confessional Procedure - Part III'.

Koos Nolst Trenite - Ambassador for Mankind

Copyright 1996 by Koos Nolst Trenite