Paulette: (2) What I've finally decided to do

Paulettec

Aug 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/22/97

Last year, when I found myself in a similar situation on a.r.s. to what is
happening now-- that is, incorrect information and guess work about the
past being circulated and archived -- I met with one of my former lawyers
to see if he still had any documents from those years that would refresh
my own memory, and clarify many of the issues being discussed.

Until he found it, I had totally forgotten that around 1982, one of my
lawyers had asked me to write down all the harassment of me I could
remember from the previous 12 years. Sort of a harassment diary.

I e-mailed it to Marina, who read it and urged me to post it, and I also
told a few other close a.r.s. friends about it who thought the same. But
I was -- and still am -- hesitant, to do it. Nonetheless, I sent the
document on to Keith Henson, who was kind enough to scan it (and kind
enough to tell me he thought it would make fascinating reading even if it
had nothing to do with Scientology).

I have finally decided to post it -- probably beginning Tuesday -- because
it discusses several things that have come up on a.r.s. about the first
frame-up (1972-3), what Scientology seemed to have done to try to
successfulily frame me a second time (technically called "Operation
Freakout") the mysterious attack on Joy, the anonymous smears letters sent
by Scientology about me, other harassment, plus the role of various people
you've heard of (e.g., L Ron Hubbard Jr.)

I will try to post portions of it once or twice a week. If anyone wishes
to put it together cumulatively as I go along and add it to their web
site, they're welcome to.
I will not add anything to the actual material but I may explain a few
items, and edit out some (with dots so you can tell where) which I think
are irrelevant, too personal, or confusing. Don't make too much of minor
discrepencies in this material with other things you've read, and don't
consider it important if something isn't here or isn't dwelled on. I
vaguely recall that I had to do it all in one draft, since it was very
difficult emotionally for me to write, forcing me to relive those horrible
events.

(Partially for that reason, I don't plan to engage in an online dialogue
about the diary -- indeed I'm unlikely to even read any of the follow-up
posts -- so please don't post questions for me or expect me to further
clarify any material at this time. Thanks.)

Paulette Cooper

Geoffrey Burling

Aug 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/23/97

On 22 Aug 1997 13:27:20 GMT, paul...@aol.com (Paulettec) saith:

[snip]

>(Partially for that reason, I don't plan to engage in an online dialogue
>about the diary -- indeed I'm unlikely to even read any of the follow-up
>posts -- so please don't post questions for me or expect me to further
>clarify any material at this time. Thanks.)

Well, I hop at least our thanks for sharing more information about
this painful time gets back to you, Ms Cooper.

Regardless of what gets posted here, I feel you will be remembered as
the first - & most visible - victim of Hubbard's paranoid ``Fair Game"
policy.

Geoff
Olympic-Class Bore

Dave Bird---St Hippo of Augustine

Aug 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/23/97

In article <33fec80b...@snews.zippo.com>,
Diane Richardson <ref...@bway.net> writes:
>>>(Partially for that reason, I don't plan to engage in an online dialogue
>>>about the diary -- indeed I'm unlikely to even read any of the follow-up
>>>posts -- so please don't post questions for me or expect me to further
>>>clarify any material at this time. Thanks.)
>>>
>>Well, I hop at least our thanks for sharing more information about
>>this painful time gets back to you, Ms Cooper.
>>
>>Regardless of what gets posted here, I feel you will be remembered as
>>the first - & most visible - victim of Hubbard's paranoid ``Fair Game"
>>policy.
>
>Perhaps the most visible, Geoff, but certainly not the first.

For once Diane is right: Fair Game was applied chiefly to ex-members
and heretics, as well as to hostile writers and reporters. There is
plenty of evidence of it being applied to such people from the minute
it was introduced in 1963.

|~/ |~/
P | Woof Woof, Glug Glug ||____________|| 0 | P
O | Who Drowned the Judge's Dog? | . . . . . . . '----. 0 | O