CHILD "CARE" IN SCN 1/3

dennis....@support.com

Sep 7, 1994, 11:41:21 PM9/7/94

9/7/94

A cry in the night.

||----------------------------------------------------------

To: Mary Sue Hubbard

Copies for info:
Guardian WW May 8, 1981
Guardian US
DG PR US
Watchdog Committee
CO Child Care Org
AG PR CCO Doug Smith

Subject: Child Care Org LA,
Placing Scientology at risk

Dear Mary Sue:

I am writing to alert you about a situation at the Los Angeles
Child Care Org that places Scientology and Scientologists at
risk. I am writing to the highest echelons of our Church
because this is, an on-going and recurring situation that has
never been handled despite attempts in the past. It is a
situation that demands perhaps a different approach and some
rethinking and I hope that as a result of this letter, something
will happen in this direction.

Although I am reporting on a PT situation regarding the care of
SeaOrg children in Los Angeles, this particular situation is only
an indicator of a far more serious and widespread situation
regarding staff children, that permeates our entire structure.

On April 29 [name deleted] a friend of mine and an ASHO Sea
Org member, currently on a maternity leave, was informed by
the CEO receptionist that her son [name deleted] had Herpes.
She asked me to drive to the CEO with her. When we arrived
we were told he was in sick bay.

We went to the sick bay which had, I think, eight children in it.
These children were all being mistreated. I do not mean
medically, only, I mean mistreated in the sense of abused.

I observed the following:

1) Sick children were being diagnosed by the MO; as it
turned out they were misdiagnosed by the MO.

2) [The son] was forced to work while ill. He was
supposed to be looking after the other sick children.

3) The children were not being sent to a doctor -- for
reasons of FP [financial planning].

4) The space was filthy and inadequate.

5) The sick children had no beds; they were lying on a
concrete floor.

6) There was no adult supervision of these ill children.

7) Children suffering from different contagious diseases
were all in the same space.

8) The children were dirty and un-hygienic.

We talked to the MO at length. [The son], it turned out, had
complained of other symptoms (sore head, eyes and throat).
The MO said he only had one sore in his mouth and was not
sick. Apparently when he asked the MO if he could lie down,
the M0 said he was not sick and had to stay on post, looking
after the other children. I also discovered that the MO had received no money
from
ASHO for thecare of ASHO children and therefore there was no
money to send the kids to the doctor. All he was doing was
giving the children vitamins for their illnesses.

The "sick bay" was an approximately 5 x 18 foot screened off
porch area outdoors, with a concrete floor. One of the
children, a three-year-old, was lying on a very thin kitchen
mat, on the floor. Others were bare-foot on the concrete
floor.

The MO told us that if [mother] wanted her son to go to the
doctor, she would have to go to ASHO and put in a PO. I told
him that all the children who had not seen a doctor should do
so, as he was not qualified to diagnose illness. At this point he
became antagonistic and said they did not need a doctor and
he did not want to discuss it further. I said to [mother] that
the conditions in the sick bay were atrocious and if he [the
Medical Officer] was not going to do anything about it, I was
going to call the Board of Health.

The MO said, of course, that what I was doing was a
úÿ [ Continued In Next Message... ]

J. Peerson

Sep 8, 1994, 11:35:03 AM9/8/94
On a similar note, I found this on alt.self-improve not long ago:

From: [actual address omitted to preserve privacy]
Newsgroups: alt.self-improve
Subject: Re: Dyanetics
Date: 2 Sep 1994 14:50:01 -0400
Sender: ne...@search01.news.aol.com

On reading all everyone is saying about Scientology and Mr. Hubbard - I
have a bit of a story to tell.

My experience with the Church of Scientology was in 1971 as an eight year
old child when my father (an accountant) and his new wife (my mother died
of cancer) joined. I was sent to Scientology schools (Apple School in
Palo Alto) and camps (The Pickle Farm). They spent a lot of time working
with us on mind control - claiming they could read my mind when I held on
to two cans attached to a meter with allegator clips and wires. They
scared me a lot and depleted my fathers financial resources. He died of a
heart attack when I was II and my step mother remained with the church.
They offered to make her a minister if she liquidated all of her assets
and turned them over to the church. She did liquidate and relocate to LA
where she abandoned me in a Scientology center in the center of LA. I
didn't see her again for 18 months. In the interim, I had no one paying
much attention to me so I dropped out of school and ran the streets.
Eventually she came back to get me, told me she had no more money to give
the church and we had been kicked out. She then sent me to live with my
grandparents and I never saw her again.

I don't know much about what really happened but the Church of Scientology
took my family for every dime it had.

WATCH OUT!

Ashraf Ghebranious

Sep 8, 1994, 9:41:14 PM9/8/94
In article <CvtHy...@ucdavis.edu> pee...@neyman.ucdavis.edu (J. Peerson) writes:
>From: pee...@neyman.ucdavis.edu (J. Peerson)
>Subject: Re: CHILD "CARE" IN SCN
>Date: Thu, 8 Sep 1994 15:35:03 GMT

>WATCH OUT!

Another story of woe. Sounds to me like the church also 'took' your family
away from you when you really needed them. The church must answer for it's
behaviour. They must answer to us and to those that they have torn apart. Are
you listening David. The walls are closing in on you bucko! I hope it hits you
as hard as you hit that org accountant against the filing cabinet for not
knowing what Hubbard did with the money they sent him. Let me remind you. It
was just after Hubbard had died and you took control of the org and began to
purge those who opposed you. Its pay back time dwarf!

Ashraf

---
Ashraf Ghebranious
DBA