Re: Anonymous wants a copy of "The Profit"

Rev Dennis L Erlich

Jan 27, 2008, 2:32:27 PM1/27/08
FTSOH <FT...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>As a result of a
>2002 court order from the Lisa McPherson case, a Pinellas County judge
>blocked further distribution of the film in the United States."

And someone told you free speech exists in the US?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Friendly Xenu

Jan 27, 2008, 6:42:45 PM1/27/08
FTSOH <FT...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>http://www.partyvan.info/index.php/Talk:Project_Chanology#.22The_Profit.22_-_Anyone_got_a_copy_of_this_movie.3F
>"The Profit" - Anyone got a copy of this movie?

Nobody has a copy. How about "The Bridge" instead?

---
I've had advanced First Aid training, but nowhere in the
manual did it mention the necessity of first punching out
the Volunteer Minister and dragging him aside before being
able to check for bleeding, airway obstruction, etc. -- Cousin Barb

Zinj

Jan 27, 2008, 7:32:25 PM1/27/08
In article <8bnpp3t79j8vlgof6...@news2.lightlink.com>,
FT...@invalid.invalid says...
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:32:27 -0800.
> In the Newsgroup(s): alt.religion.scientology
> With the Message-ID: <91npp3d8id3rf4c2m...@4ax.com>
> And the Organization Header: inFormer Ministry www.informer.org <ministry
> correspondence priviliged>.
> The famous author: Rev Dennis L Erlich <info...@informer.org>.
> Wrote on the subject: Re: Anonymous wants a copy of "The Profit":
> Yeah, but I didn't believe them :-)
>
> FTSOH

The 'Lisa Case' is 'settled' (whether the parties have collected or not)
and there is no reason for 'The Profit' not to be available except that
*nobody* involved; not the 'Church'; not Bob Minton, but also, not Peter
Alexander, want it available.

Supposedly Peter (and Patricia) still hold hopes of some financial
return from the movie, which is about as likely as a boom market in e-
meters. In actuality, I suspect that the only 'value', beyond the
purely historical, that 'The Profit' has is to allow its 'supporters'
some kind of claim to 'relevance' despite the Lisa Case settlement.

Yes; release 'The Profit'. However it's done. Screw the vain hope of
financial gain. It's over, and, the movie itself is Yesterdecade's
paper; of historical value only.

Zinj
--
Scientology may be the first 'religion' best comprehended by forensic
accountants.

John Dorsay

Jan 27, 2008, 7:49:30 PM1/27/08

While "The Profit" is arguably less painful to watch than the "OT
Summit 2007" video to which many self-sacrificing critics are
currently subjecting themselves, that is only because "The Profit"
is an hour shorter.

People who are interested in a movie *about* the Happy Fun Cult are
much better off to watch "The Bridge", which has been widely
available on torrents since its release.

Anyone who "released" "The Profit" would risk legal attack by the
cult, and pointlessly so. It is *not* a good movie.

John

Zinj

Jan 27, 2008, 8:03:40 PM1/27/08
In article <479d2699$1...@news2.lightlink.com>, restim...@gmail.com
says...

<snip>

> Anyone who "released" "The Profit" would risk legal attack by the
> cult, and pointlessly so. It is *not* a good movie.
>

> John

And, probably not just the Cult. :)

No doubt the whole force of gypsysquishie venom would fall on anyone so
rash. After all; it was only the fact that the partners were not
allowed to sue each other that kept Mark Bunker from being sued for
releasing mere tidbits...

It's what 'Ron' used to call a 'mystery sandwich'. Valuable only as
long as unknown.

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jan 30, 2008, 1:34:08 AM1/30/08
On Jan 27, 7:32 pm, Zinj <zinji...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article <8bnpp3t79j8vlgof6vb2q62bbt3qcj6...@news2.lightlink.com>,

> FT...@invalid.invalid says...
>

> > On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:32:27 -0800.
> > In the Newsgroup(s): alt.religion.scientology
> > With the Message-ID: <91npp3d8id3rf4c2mfb4mp1ob9d257i...@4ax.com>
> > And the Organization Header: inFormer Ministrywww.informer.org<ministry
> > correspondence priviliged>.
> > The famous author: Rev Dennis L Erlich <infor...@informer.org>.

> > Wrote on the subject: Re: Anonymous wants a copy of "The Profit":

> > >And someone told you free speech exists in the US?

> > Yeah, but I didn't believe them :-)
>
> > FTSOH
>
> The 'Lisa Case' is 'settled' (whether the parties have collected or not)
> and there is no reason for 'The Profit' not to be available except that
> *nobody* involved; not the 'Church'; not Bob Minton, but also, not Peter
> Alexander, want it available.
>
> Supposedly Peter (and Patricia) still hold hopes of some financial
> return from the movie, which is about as likely as a boom market in e-
> meters.  In actuality, I suspect that the only 'value', beyond the
> purely historical, that 'The Profit' has is to allow its 'supporters'
> some kind of claim to 'relevance' despite the Lisa Case settlement.
>
> Yes; release 'The Profit'.  However it's done.  Screw the vain hope of
> financial gain.  It's over, and, the movie itself is Yesterdecade's
> paper; of historical value only.
>
> Zinj
> --
> Scientology may be the first 'religion' best comprehended by forensic
> accountants.- Hide quoted text -

Zinj,
Minton, in his Minton v Alexander case, has and has had an injunction
on the film (an asset of Courage Productions) since Dec 2, 2002 --- 7+
months before the CoS got one on the film in the Lisa McPherson estate
case against CoS.

The movie will never be shown because Peter is unwilling to a) release
the records for fuull inspection and or 2) pay to pursue litigating
his right to arbitration on that issue, as won in appeals court.
Here's the info on tht as posted previously"

Discussion :The Profit Court Documents
"Re: Henri. He is partly correct in that Alexander did appeal one
issue and won but it was only one issue of the matter. The rest of the
case remains open based upon any past orders and issues that were not
appealed, along with the stipulations of the District court appeal
order.

There is a permanent injunction which Minton has on the assets and
records, meaning they are frozen. Assets include the movie.

The appeal part where Alexander asked and won RIGHT to use
arbitration
according to the contract .

Alexander has had years to force Minton into Arbitration and has not
done so because I suspect it's either too costly or dragging Minton
back into court to resolve the issue would not be consistent with what
Alexander won on appeal and why. Going to court might give the court
jurisdiction again and it could enforce the contempt order or it could
nullify the appeal court order to produce the records. It could just
be a financial issue because it would require more litigation. I am
not a lawyer but this is what I suspect is the case. Alexander has had
the ball in his court since willing that appeal and it has been up to
him to finance and force arbitration since winning that appeal

All other mandates or issues that were not appealed will stand and
that includes the injunction to freeze all assets and records,
including The Profit movie.I suspect that, in lieu of not getting the
access to all the records so he could see where all the money went,
this injunction suits Minton just fine.

Here is a link to my previous post about all this.
http://tinyurl.com/3bxfxg
Whatever happened to "The Profit"

'MANDATE REVERSING & REMANDING OR12878PG0554-006' comes from
Alexander's Appeal for compelling arbitration instead of the courts
regarding the records issue. You can see the complete Appeal ruling
after the case information on the Injunction case below.
> ALEXANDER PETER <==MINTON ROBERT COURT 0208684CI 12/2/2002
> 12383 1950 2002449878
> ALEXANDER PETER ==> MINTON ROBERT COURT 0208684CI 7/7/2003
> 12878 554 2003277542
> The first is Minton's Injunction, described below, and the separate
> order which was reversed on Appeals.
> The second case is Alexander's Appeal decision, copied & pasted out
> following the injunction record info.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/b2bfeb6ef752ae99

Alert

Jan 30, 2008, 1:52:33 AM1/30/08
Why would Anonymous ask for *that* movie?

wheat...@googlemail.com

Jan 30, 2008, 2:02:28 AM1/30/08
On Jan 30, 6:52 am, Alert <flicking_you...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Why would Anonymous ask for *that* movie?

Anon seeks to know. They wish to be armed against the cult.

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jan 30, 2008, 2:11:20 AM1/30/08
On Jan 30, 2:02 am, "wheaths...@googlemail.com"

well, it's not about the cult. That's what the producers claim.

Go to the movie web site and see the trailer, if it's still up.
www.theprofit.org/thestory2.html

There is a message board if you have questions.
www.theprofit.org

Alert

Jan 30, 2008, 2:19:48 AM1/30/08
On Jan 30, 6:02 pm, "wheaths...@googlemail.com"
<wheaths...@googlemail.com> wrote:

How can *that* movie "arm" Anonymous? What happened *to* the movie and
not whats *in* the movie is the real story.

They wont learn anything other than a poorly made movie by watching
it, apparently.

Havent seen it.
As I said, the details surrounding the movie are more for an "armed"
Anonymous.
Do you know all about 'The Profit' and Bob Minton/LMT wars?
Anonymous should learn.

There was a message about *that* movie.

Out_Of_The_Dark

Jan 30, 2008, 2:08:44 PM1/30/08