What Scientology Does when You Picket

Magoo

Jan 29, 2008, 8:35:06 PM1/29/08
Picketers arrive.

Security called, IMMEDIATELY. They arrive, cameras out,
"Why are you here". (Or they just take photos).

You: "We're picketing" keep moving.

They: Snap, Snap, Cameras on.

You: Keep picketing.

They: Call ALL the public AND staff inside, lock all doors,
shut the shades. (NO ONE CAN SEE YOU).

You: Keep picketing.

They (May) Call an "OT" to come try to handle you.

OT arrives: "Hi---what's up? Why are you all here?

You all: We believe in free speech, what's up with your
church that they have to stop free speech, break up
families, and lie about your x-members? (simple,
easy, true).

OT: "WE blah blah blah. Attack on members, attack, did you
know blah blah. (Attacks).

You: Ask nicely: DID YOU JUST HEAR YOURSELF
PUTTING DOWN AN X-MEMBER? WHY? Why
do you all HAVE To do that? Keep picketing, don't
stop moving. Their goal is to distract you from picketing. Keep
your eyes on the ball. Don't worry about them,
they are NOT listening.

The old days of they picketing back ended with the Net.

Have fun, realize if they come out--it's only to try to intimidate you, and
distract you. Call the cops first, too. Get a name of someone, just in case
you need them. Have one person who is picketing give that cop your name,
too, so when you call,
you can say, "This is Amy --I called you earlier, we are picketing
Scientology. They're telling us we are not allowed
to _____. Is that true?"

The other thing to know is that this date is very public now, so there's a
chance they'll try to counter your picket. Example: If they know we're going
to picket an event here,
they call and get a "movie License" and block off the entire street, so you
can't be infront of their orgs.

What we realized is: It doesn't matter! You're not going to get people OUT
Of Scientology, hardly ever with a picket.
But you *Can* educate the others around them. So with that, even if they
have up signs blocking their org...just leave that be. Go to the nearest
Main Street (where ever there is HIGH traffic) and picket *there*. See? That
way you can exercise your Free speech rights, without any of their stupid
ways.

Good luck :)

--
Tory/Magoo~Dancing in the moonlight~
In Scientology for 30 years, out happily for 7 years!
X-Sea Org, X-Staff, X-OT 7, X-Class 4 auditor, X-OSA Volunteer after 20
years (Mostly in PR)X-Executive Director of SPL to handle media
X-Top Secret OSA Int Internet Mafia, Until I realized what they were really
doing and soon after left C of S forever.
For thinking and speaking my mind, Scientology declared me
a "Suppressive Person" (SP 6 ^Cumulative Cluster :)
& Expelled me from The Church of $cientology :)
Free at LAST!
www.xenu.net (What Scientology Doesn't want you to know)
www.xenutv.com (Excellent videos)
www.torymagoo.org (My writings about Scientology from ARS)
www.lermanet.com/cos/toryonosa.htm (Top Secret Int Mafia)
or Type in Scientology in Google
(Read, Look, Listen, Make up your ~own~Mind)

mag...@charter.net
Burbank, CA
(818) 588-3044

"They, who give up essential liberty
to purchase a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Rekov

Jan 29, 2008, 9:45:48 PM1/29/08
> Free at LAST!www.xenu.net(What Scientology Doesn't want you to know)www.xenutv.com(Excellent videos)www.torymagoo.org(My writings about Scientology from ARS)www.lermanet.com/cos/toryonosa.htm(Top Secret Int Mafia)

> or Type in Scientology in Google
> (Read, Look, Listen, Make up your ~own~Mind)
>
> mago...@charter.net

> Burbank, CA
> (818) 588-3044
>
> "They, who give up essential liberty
> to purchase a little temporary safety,
> deserve neither liberty nor safety."
> -- Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for the advice Magoo. This will be especially useful for
Anonymous, as most of them have not picketed before. I will try to
pass it along to them. Keep up the good fight,

banchukita

Jan 29, 2008, 10:31:05 PM1/29/08
> >  Free at LAST!www.xenu.net(WhatScientology Doesn't want you to know)www.xenutv.com(Excellentvideos)www.torymagoo.org(My writings about Scientology from ARS)www.lermanet.com/cos/toryonosa.htm(TopSecret Int Mafia)

> > or Type in Scientology in Google
> >  (Read, Look, Listen, Make up your ~own~Mind)
>
> > mago...@charter.net
> > Burbank, CA
> > (818) 588-3044
>
> > "They, who give up essential liberty
> >  to purchase a little temporary safety,
> > deserve neither liberty nor safety."
> >  -- Benjamin Franklin
>
> Thanks for the advice Magoo. This will be especially useful for
> Anonymous, as most of them have not picketed before. I will try to
> pass it along to them. Keep up the good fight,

At the very first internet picket in Clearwater, all went inside
various buildings downtown and pulled the blinds. The streets were
empty. We could see them peeking out from behind the blinds. The
police already knew we were coming, so when they called the cops on
us, it sort of worked in our favor.

I strongly suggest anyone planning to picket to notify local police
ahead of time. Tell them you're not planning to block traffic or
anything, and ask for their advice to help you ensure a peaceful and
enlightening experience for your community.

At the second or third one, Scientologists had evidently worked hard
all night making picket signs of their own. In Clearwater, where
Scientologists outnumber picketers significantly, they had dozens of
people with signs that were mostly about keeping off drugs. They
surrounded us and tried to block view of our signs with theirs, to
make it look like we were participating in their picket of unclear
direction but it had to do with staying drug free, which I remember
thinking was a strange issue to be picketing.

At one picket, they had signs about one of the picketers. They truly
could not tell the difference between individuals picketing the
destructive policy-driven actions of an organization and an
organization picketing an individual with a bunch of half-baked ad
hominem. It felt like the time when Brian Anderson leaned across the
board in the broadcast studio with his eyes bugging out asking I think
it was Dennis Erlich if he was on drugs.

There has been very little violence historically associated with Scn
picketing, and I sure hope it stays that way. They've tried to set up
more than one critic with faked events that try to make it look like
you became violent. They took away Mark Bunker's camera in Chicago
that time and the cops never did give him back the film [this was
before everyone had a camera in their phone]. So have more than one
vid going, to be safe.

Review the film of what we called "The Mad Picket"
At other times, they've lined up outside the Clearwater police chief's
office --hundreds strong-- chanting his name and "What's Your Crime"
Once they were dressed up in Nazi suits.

Now if your community is blissfully free of Scientological influence,
you may encounter nothing more than a bunch of freaked out
Scientologists who have no idea how to respond, and they'll probably
call the cops, which is why you should have called them first. If
you're in one of the more heavily Scientologically populated
communities, please don't go alone, and get a crash course in
nonviolent protesting. Don't be angry. Be at peace, and let their
fear of your truth speak for itself.

[I'm not here to frighten you
I'm just here to enlighten you]

I think the most fun pickets have been those with gentle street
theater.

-maggie, human being

banchukita

Jan 29, 2008, 10:36:31 PM1/29/08

Oh, I forgot. They've also responded in the past by: playing loud
music,
getting a permit in advance to close the sidewalk in front of their
buildings for repair and covering buildings with scaffolding and
canvas, pretending to have a 'free speech zone' permit, serving an
injunction to whoever they perceive to be the 'leader' and including
anyone associated with that leader, and newest -- turning on the
sprinklers. They will send out people to take your picture, may
follow you home if they can spare the manpower, will write down your
license plate number, all sorts of things to intimidate you and
shudder you into silence.

They will talk with you and try to get you to leave the area; they
have offered to buy critics lunch, but it's just to get you to leave.
They will talk a blue streak and seem intent on getting you to agree
to something, anything. They will try to 'body-route' you away.

OK, that's all!
> -maggie, human being

banchukita

Jan 29, 2008, 10:51:08 PM1/29/08

Or not...Well, this is a great piece to review that Kristi wrote in
1999, if you need to remind yourself why you're picketing:
http://www.scientology-lies.com/whypicket.html

Let's be careful out there!
-maggie, human being

> > -maggie, human being

Magoo

Jan 29, 2008, 11:59:59 PM1/29/08

"Rekov" <stop...@gmail.com> wrote in message

You're welcome, Rekov~~

Please do pass it on. The more people who understand what
*may* happen, the better prepared they'll be and thus
have a higher chance of success.

Be well, stay legal :)

Tory/Magoo~~

Hartley Patterson

Jan 30, 2008, 7:20:08 AM1/30/08
mag...@charter.net:
> Picketers arrive.

Desk person picks up phone, calls for help.

> Security called, IMMEDIATELY. They arrive, cameras out,
> "Why are you here". (Or they just take photos).

No camera in the Org! Minion sent out to buy disposable camera. No money!
Org staff regged to pay for it.

> You: "We're picketing" keep moving.
>
> They: Snap, Snap, Cameras on.
>
> You: Keep picketing.

> They (May) Call an "OT" to come try to handle you.

DSA or OSA arrives, talking on cell phone. Continues to talk on cell
phone, trying to pass responsibility onto someone else and look important
and in full control to staff.

The police are called.
"Help, come at once!"
"Are they doing anything illegal?"
"Yes, they are picketing us without permission!"
"They don't need permission."
"They are harassing our parishioners, blocking the sidewalk, frightening
passersby. babies in prams, disturbing neighbours, disrupting our
religious services with loudhailers and abuse!"

> Their goal is to distract you from picketing. Keep
> your eyes on the ball. Don't worry about them,
> they are NOT listening.

Scripts:
"Why are you here? What's your name?"
"You've never read any of our books have you? Why don't you read some
books?"
"You've been given false data."
"Who paid you to come here?"

They stand next to you and thrust leaflets into the hands of passersby.
They insist. They don't talk to them or ack them.

They turn on the sprinklers, put a loud portable radio in the Org doorway,
have joking and degrading conversations in your hearing, park vans in
front of the Org.

The police arrive. The DSA talks to them (photo op: DSA confers with
police about terrorists). Police talk to you (photo op: police order
terrorists to stop harassing parishioners).

They are miserable. You are cheerful. This, according to Scientology
teaching, puts you higher on the Tone Scale, a higher state of beingness.
You Win.

--
FREEDOM is a trademark owned by
Religious Technology Center

Magoo

Jan 30, 2008, 1:49:38 PM1/30/08

"Hartley Patterson" <hpt...@daisy.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Thanks, Hartley---great additions>
You never know what these loons will do, with all this time
to "prepare". My *guess* is they'll do less, not more, as SO many people are
watching them, and filming them, too.

However, know the drills, it's better to be aware than get caught in their
fly traps, IF they come out at all.

Thanks :)

Tory/Magoo~~

Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for over 10 years!

Jan 30, 2008, 3:05:14 PM1/30/08
On Jan 30, 1:49 pm, "Magoo" <mago...@charter.net> wrote:
> "Hartley Patterson" <hptt...@daisy.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> > mago...@charter.net:

Do you guys recall the time they literally tore up the sidewalks
with jackhammers
so we couldnt picket in front of the Ft Harrison?

banchukita

Jan 30, 2008, 3:19:52 PM1/30/08
On Jan 30, 3:05 pm, "Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for over 10 years!"

LOL! Yes, and I remember your improvised megaphone..."NO OT's HERE!"
from across the street...

Red Mage Moogle

Jan 30, 2008, 5:01:54 PM1/30/08

Pfft, they need jackhammers? Where the hell are those fabled Oatee
Powarz to stop a picket, mm?

Ahhh, silly clams.

--
RMM, servant of Xenu

zidane_tribal_64(at)hotmail(dot)com
http://www.myspace.com/redmagezidane
aol im: RedMageZidane
talk to me sometime!

Now stand aside, worthy adversary!

banchukita

Jan 30, 2008, 6:03:04 PM1/30/08
On Jan 30, 5:01 pm, Red Mage Moogle <zidane_tribal...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

That's a very good point, and exactly what Arnie meant.

That one point generates the kind of blatant cognitive dissonance that
perhaps could generate doubt, if a Scientologist was allowed to follow
a train of thought to end of its line.

> Ahhh, silly clams.
>
> --
> RMM, servant of Xenu
>

> zidane_tribal_64(at)hotmail(dot)comhttp://www.myspace.com/redmagezidane

> aol im: RedMageZidane
>   talk to me sometime!
>

> Now stand aside, worthy adversary!- Hide quoted text -

Android Cat

Jan 30, 2008, 6:17:48 PM1/30/08
banchukita wrote:
> On Jan 30, 5:01 pm, Red Mage Moogle <zidane_tribal...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>> banchukita wrote:
>>> On Jan 30, 3:05 pm, "Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for over 10
>>
>>> LOL! Yes, and I remember your improvised megaphone..."NO OT's HERE!"
>>> from across the street...
>>
>> Pfft, they need jackhammers? Where the hell are those fabled Oatee
>> Powarz to stop a picket, mm?
>
> That's a very good point, and exactly what Arnie meant.
>
> That one point generates the kind of blatant cognitive dissonance that
> perhaps could generate doubt, if a Scientologist was allowed to follow
> a train of thought to end of its line.
>

>> Ahhh, silly clams.

Hey, those people with jackhammers were *nothing*! Just garden-variety
humanoid wogs, probably. The real directing minds were probably a mile away
and 12 stories up.

http://members.chello.nl/mgormez/fun/fire.txt

To paraphrase:
"The workmen had been working for hours when we started in and it took us
about twenty minutes. And we didn't use any jackhammers!"

For some of them, being aware of the cognitive dissonance is exactly like
being aware of their blindspot--the mind makes excuses and fills in the
blank.
--
Ron of that ilk.

The Badger

Jan 30, 2008, 7:51:31 PM1/30/08
I'll drink a toast to you on the line, you wonderful person. ^.^

(non-alcoholic, of course - don't want to annoy the nice officers!)