D.C. March: Epic Fail for Anontards

Tom Newton

Jul 21, 2008, 2:46:01 AM7/21/08
The "9000 Anon March" turns out to be the "200 Anontard March",

And I'm being _real_ generous: Most of the 'Anons' are just
people attracted by the novelty of the masks and the weird signs
and the free junk food.

Epic Fail for the Anontards.

They keep saying the Church of Scientology is dying, but it's
'Anonymous' that is dying.

As a result of its own corruption.

Tom

--
Real science: http://www.sethcenter.com/pages/bookstore.htm
If I read your article, I replied to it.

Kat

Jul 21, 2008, 3:52:10 AM7/21/08
In the off chance the Tom Newton troll did not in fact killfile me for
destroying his arguments:

1) Numbers were well over what you estimate, and many came from
outside of the US. I don't think those people came from across the
globe to DC for the pound cake.

2) It was a good 110 degrees in full sun on the concrete. That protest
was a risk to people's health, and they did it anyways to prove a
point and make their voices heard.

3) Aside from the pound cake and the cool popsicles, there was very
little junk food. The DC anons made free delishious and nutritious
sammiches for all to enjoy, including a vegitarian alternative.

4) "Over 9000" IS A MEME! It is figurative speech, not literal. The
point of using that meme was to display that the protest was on a much
grander scale than the others. They did not expect 9000 people. For
the most part anons are not made of money, or have better things to
spend their funds on than a plane ticket to DC. Those that came were
among the most dedicate, imo, and I salute my fellow (now sunburnt)
anons for their dedication on saturday.

Smurf

Jul 21, 2008, 4:25:49 AM7/21/08
On Jul 20, 11:46 pm, Tom Newton <t...@server.invalid> wrote:
> The "9000 Anon March" turns out to be the "200 Anontard March",
>
> And I'm being _real_ generous: Most of the 'Anons' are just
> people attracted by the novelty of the masks and the weird signs
> and the free junk food.
>
> Epic Fail for the Anontards.
>
> They keep saying the Church of Scientology is dying, but it's
> 'Anonymous' that is dying.
>
> As a result of its own corruption.
>
> Tom

This coming from a asstard that wasn't even there.

Tom/Alan/Whoever....if ignorance was bliss, your entire life would be
a perpetual orgasm.

Monica Pignotti

Jul 21, 2008, 10:41:24 AM7/21/08

Nice rationalizations, just as I expected would happen as the numbers
go down. Another possible reason is that the moms of some Anons are
getting upset about their teenage kid's involvement. Here is one Anon
who stated that this was the case. I don't know if there are others,
but its a possibility to consider.

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=28212

Its also interesting from the standpoint of anyone interested in
studying movements such as this, to see how believers are twisting
themselves into pretzels, rationalizing the declining numbers:

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=28215

And then, this posting from a true believer, attempting to suppress
discussion of the declining numbers, calling it doing "OSA's work":

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=28232

Not such a different mentality from many "cultists" I know of. Not
everyone is willing to be silenced, though.

Kat

Jul 21, 2008, 11:49:52 AM7/21/08
Monica darling, this isn't an attempt to pretzel my way into a
rationalization. It was hot enough to fry eggs on the concrete. Some
people, including myself, retreated from the sun early on after
exausting ourselves setting up. I'm barely in any photos as a result
and as such, am more than likely not represented in the head count.
Even more anons found shady spots on the edge of the permit area and
only budged to take a drink or run to the bathroom. They waved their
signs and handed out information, stayed cool, and didn't get
photographed all that much. You dislike the phrase "saw it with my own
eyes" but lets face it.. I was there, while you more than likely were
not. If you still think the heat is an excuse, how bout you put on a
full suit, a guy fawkes mask, stand out in blazing sun and see how
long you last :P

This was the first international protest by anons taking place in a
single set location. There were no previous numbers to compare to in
order to accurately state numbers were "down". Not everyone is going
to be able to afford to fly from germany or australia or la to
washington. Thats not an excuse, its a valid explanation for a
phenomenon lol

If "numbers" are down, it is only because more of the people only in
the movement for the "lulz" are backing down, and the die hards
remain. The die hards with the means to make the trip made it out
here. For a group of mostly college age kids, that's still pretty damn
impressive in my book. As for parents, that may be the case for some,
particularly those who the Co$ sent cease and decist letters to as a
threatening measure. I highly doubt it is the majority explanation,
however. Making an assumption regarding the whole without the actual
data to back up that assumption is.. well.. stupid and reckless.

peters...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2008, 12:57:35 PM7/21/08

You really don't like Anons, now do you?

Peter

"MAKE MONEY. MAKE MORE MONEY. MAKE OTHER PEOPLE PRODUCE SO AS TO MAKE
MORE MONEY."
- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 9 March
1972, MS OEC 384

http://www.scamofscientology.nl

John

Jul 21, 2008, 9:24:56 PM7/21/08

<peters...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On 21 jul, 16:41, Monica Pignotti <pigno...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>> On Jul 21, 3:52 am, Kat <ladyas...@comcast.net> wrote:
snip

>> Not such a different mentality from many "cultists" I know of. Not
>> everyone is willing to be silenced, though.
>
> You really don't like Anons, now do you?
>
> Peter
>
> "MAKE MONEY. MAKE MORE MONEY. MAKE OTHER PEOPLE PRODUCE SO AS TO MAKE
> MORE MONEY."
> - L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 9 March
> 1972, MS OEC 384

I can now reveal Anonymous' most secret scripture:

"MAKE CAEK. MAKE MORE CAEK. MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CAEK SO AS TO MAKE MORE CAEK."

Smurf

Jul 21, 2008, 10:04:45 PM7/21/08
On Jul 21, 6:24 pm, "John" <j...@junk.com> wrote:
> <peterschi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I hate that Anonymous flagrantly discriminates against pies.. cherry
pies to be exact.

Piltdown Man

Jul 27, 2008, 9:22:39 PM7/27/08

Monica Pignotti <pign...@worldnet.att.net> wrote...

> Its also interesting from the standpoint of anyone interested in
> studying movements such as this, to see how believers are twisting
> themselves into pretzels, rationalizing the declining numbers:
>
> http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=28215

I love this one: "It is one of the great things about being Anonymous, we
are free to act as we see fit, WE are not governed by the hive-mind™, it is
more of a guideline than actual rules."

Aren't they special? They're part of *Anonymous*, and therefore they're
allowed to act as they see fit!!! How wonderful for them, and so unlike the
daily reality for us non-"Anonymous" people! Us non-nonnies are of course
all subject to the hive-mind, with its "actual rules", and not at all free
to act as we see fit. So unlike the members of "Anonymous", who enjoy the
unique privilege of considering the rules laid down for them to be "more of
a guideline", not as "actual rules".

"Rev" Norle Enturbulata, DTS, OD

Jul 28, 2008, 7:37:31 AM7/28/08

"Piltdown Man" <pilt...@ivehaditwiththespam.sorry> wrote in message

Sigh, sadly predictable every time, isn't it? An organisation with 'rules'
for every task, a desperate need to pigeon-hole any perceived threat to its
house of fake cards, and a fascististic power structure, accusing Anonymous
of same. Over and over. And when it begins to sink in that such tactics
don't work on Anonymous (or the public in their perception of Anonymous),
the same tired tactics are used on the apparent OG. Who were already the
target of same, and it didn't work in the past either.

The arrogance of the liar in appearing to act as if their old tricks won't
be noticed by the rest of the world. How mirrored in the design, structure
and membership of the Scientology cult. Demonstrably!

--
SP Goodman
The Usually Right "Reverend" Norle Enturbulata DDT, DTS
*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/enturbulata
http://www.youtube.com/user/Enturbulata
http://tinyurl.com/yre7c6
http://www.xenu.net
http://www.xenutv.com
http://www.scientology-lies.com
http://www.whyaretheydead.net
http://www.scientology-kills.org
*
* " You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way
you can control anybody is to lie to them."
* -- L. Ron Hubbard, "Technique 88"
*
* "...Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her
crimes, known and unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes
exist...."
* - L. Ron Hubbard, "Critics of Scientology", November 5, 1967
*
* "Rather than give psychotics such treatment it would be far kinder to kill
them immediately and completely..."
* - L. Ron Hubbard, "Science of Survival", p117

jerald

Jul 28, 2008, 7:47:33 AM7/28/08

Awwww Tom,

You guys are never going to get it are you? 9,000 or 9 it really
doesn't matter. One lone picketer with a sign can teach hundreds of
people a day about scientology. Bigger numbers are always better
because of safety and it makes the press sit up and notice. But if
even one person with a sign keeps one person from joining this cult
it's a great day.

jerald

Smurf

Jul 28, 2008, 3:50:47 PM7/28/08
Have you ever notice the more epic wins we rack up, the more quanitity
of consistently nasty remarks posted by "Tom Newton". LOL. Keep 'em
coming, loser.