Church of $cientology denies stabbed man 'a recruiter' (news.com.au)

1 view

H.G. Wells’ Invisible Man

Jul 16, 2007, 10:30:10 AM7/16/07
Church of Scientology denies stabbed man 'a recruiter'

By Fiona Connolly
July 10, 2007 06:19am

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22048071-29277,00.html

The man is also named on a website, stop-wise.biz, set up by a former
Scientologist as a warning to would-be church recruits that the World
Institute of Scientology Enterprises, known as WISE, is a recruitment
vehicle for Scientology

He is listed in the 2004 WISE business directory, which is reproduced
on stop-wise.biz as a caution to those who come in contact with him
that his agenda is to "get money for every new Scientology recruit"
he converts.

Sounds typical, doesn't it? The high pressure of the whole "man with a clipboard"
routine was enough to put me off... even though I knew it was all a crock and did
it one day just to kill some time.

But a Church of Scientology spokeswoman last night said the man had
never been an official church recruiter and denied it was the same person.

"I can tell you he was not a recruiter for the church. And I've
been part of the church for more than 26 years," Vicki Dunstan
said yesterday.

Uh huh...

It reminds me of the old Ways of Teh Kook: "when caught in a lie: LIE!" and
"if you're going to be wrong, do so at the top of your lungs".

Hartley Patterson

Jul 16, 2007, 1:26:34 PM7/16/07
auto...@jndjnd.com:

> But a Church of Scientology spokeswoman last night said the man had
> never been an official church recruiter and denied it was the same person.
>
> "I can tell you he was not a recruiter for the church. And I've
> been part of the church for more than 26 years," Vicki Dunstan
> said yesterday.

"He wath not, he WATH NOT" said Scientology spokesperson Violet Elizabeth
Bott, screaming and screaming 'till she was sick. "He wath NEVER EVER on
sthaff and he goth an award for donathing money not recruthing and the
journalith gath me a wrongly thpelt name thaken from the WYTH directwy
that I couthn't find on a computer searth so the was WRONG".

--
Hartley Patterson
http://www.newsfrombree.co.uk

Message has been deleted

Mike Gormez

Aug 3, 2007, 8:06:33 AM8/3/07
On 16 jul, 16:30, H.G. Wells' Invisible Man <auto87...@jndjnd.com>
wrote:

> Church of Scientology denies stabbed man 'a recruiter'
>
> By Fiona Connolly
> July 10, 2007 06:19am
>
> http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22048071-29277,00.html
>
> The man is also named on a website,stop-wise.biz, set up by a former

> Scientologist as a warning to would-be church recruits that the World
> Institute of Scientology Enterprises, known as WISE, is a recruitment
> vehicle for Scientology
>
> He is listed in the 2004 WISE business directory, which is reproduced
> onstop-wise.bizas a caution to those who come in contact with him

> that his agenda is to "get money for every new Scientology recruit"
> he converts.
>
> Sounds typical, doesn't it? The high pressure of the whole "man with a clipboard"
> routine was enough to put me off... even though I knew it was all a crock and did
> it one day just to kill some time.
>
> But a Church of Scientology spokeswoman last night said the man had
> never been an official church recruiter and denied it was the same person.
>
> "I can tell you he was not a recruiter for the church. And I've
> been part of the church for more than 26 years," Vicki Dunstan
> said yesterday.
>
> Uh huh...
>
> It reminds me of the old Ways of Teh Kook: "when caught in a lie: LIE!" and
> "if you're going to be wrong, do so at the top of your lungs".

For the record, the site Stop-wise.biz is not "set up by a former
Scientologist" as the article wrongly proclaims. It was setup by me
and I've never been a member of that gang.

Mike